The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Haakon attending the wedding of Laura Ponte and Beltran Gomez Acebo (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/haakon-attending-the-wedding-of-laura-ponte-and-beltran-gomez-acebo-13999.html)

Mandy 09-18-2004 09:54 PM

Haakon attending the wedding of Laura Ponte and Beltran Gomez Acebo
 
3 Attachment(s)
September 17, 2004 - DINNER NIGHT BEFORE LAURA PONTE AND BETRFAN GOMEZ ACEBO WEDDING.AMONG THE GUESTS CROWN PRINCE HAAKON OF NORWAY.
Pictures from http://www.imagine.photositepro.com/...ImageSelect=29

Alexandria 09-18-2004 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy
September 17, 2004 - DINNER NIGHT BEFORE LAURA PONTE AND BETRFAN GOMEZ ACEBO WEDDING.AMONG THE GUESTS CROWN PRINCE HAAKON OF NORWAY.
Pictures from http://www.imagine.photositepro.com/...ImageSelect=29

Haakon looks very handsome in these pictures! :)

What is Haakon's connection to either Beltran or Laura? Is he a close friend of the groom's through Felipe? I believe that Beltran was with Felipe, Nikolaos and Frederik that fateful Mary-meeting night in Sydney several years ago?

Dennism 09-20-2004 11:44 AM

Two more from the wedding from Imagine Scandinavia:

1

2

lucys 09-20-2004 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandria
Haakon looks very handsome in these pictures! :)

What is Haakon's connection to either BeTRFan or Laura? Is he a close friend of the groom's through Felipe? I believe that BeTRFan was with Felipe, Nikolaos and Frederik that fateful Mary-meeting night in Sydney several years ago?

According to the Spanish press he is good friends with both Felipe and Beltran.

He looked very handsome. It's too bad Mette-Marit could not be there. She would have received a warm reception from the locals, I'm sure.

ILoveCristina 09-21-2004 06:32 AM

What a handsome man!!:)

lucys 09-21-2004 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveCristina
What a handsome man!!:)

Yeah, and since he was without his wife the press reports that he was not without a dance partner all night long at the after wedding party. They said it was the kind of party that becomes legend and ran until 7 in the morning. Hakoon was apparently very popular with the ladies and danced up a storm!

Alisa 09-21-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucys
Yeah, and since he was without his wife the press reports that he was not without a dance partner all night long at the after wedding party. They said it was the kind of party that becomes legend and ran until 7 in the morning. Hakoon was apparently very popular with the ladies and danced up a storm!

I wonder how the Crown Princess would feel about that!;)

Dennism 09-21-2004 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
I wonder how the Crown Princess would feel about that!;)

Not surprisingly. The Crown Prince is a very popular man among the ladies on this board as well. Give the ladies a chance to dance with a man whose wife is not around. You canīt beat it and I hope they all behaved like perfect gentlewomen. :)

carlota 09-21-2004 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucys
It's too bad Mette-Marit could not be there. She would have received a warm reception from the locals, I'm sure.

well... the spanish press doesn't really have a good opinion about her...

lucys 09-21-2004 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota
well... the spanish press doesn't really have a good opinion about her...

That may be so, but if I recall correctly she was well received by the locals when in Madrid for the wedding. But I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Genevieve 09-21-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota
well... the spanish press doesn't really have a good opinion about her...

The Spanish press doesn't generally have a good opinon of other royals outside of their own. They are generally very praising of their own royals from the King and Queen to the Infantas and particularly Felipe and now Letizia. So Mette-Marit is not good enough for the Spanish press because she is not Spanish and not the Princess of Asturias ... but does it matter what the Spanish press thinks of Mette-Marit? She represents Norway last time I checked and not Spain, so it shouldn't matter what they think of Mette-Marit, only what Norwegians and the Norwegian press thinks of Mette-Marit.

carlota 09-22-2004 04:17 AM

"That may be so, but if I recall correctly she was well received by the locals when in Madrid for the wedding. But I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong on that."

i don't really know what happened when they arrived. what's true it that most of the people who were there waiting for the royals who came from the airport didn't really know who they were when they arrived.

ILoveCristina 09-22-2004 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota
"That may be so, but if I recall correctly she was well received by the locals when in Madrid for the wedding. But I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong on that."

i don't really know what happened when they arrived. what's true it that most of the people who were there waiting for the royals who came from the airport didn't really know who they were when they arrived.

That was because Mette Marit was wering jeans then, right? This made a sort of "scandal"...

carlota 09-22-2004 04:11 PM

yes, that wasn't really well received by spanish people as they are not really used to seeing their royals normally wearing casual clothes... but apart from that, she doesn't have a good rapport since she started being in the scene.

fortimo 10-19-2013 12:43 PM

Some more pictures:
All Over Press Finland
All Over Press Finland
All Over Press Finland
All Over Press Finland


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises