The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Queen Margrethe II (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16 (2003-2019) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f178/queen-margrethes-birthday-april-16-2003-2019-a-13994.html)

ricarda 04-16-2008 08:40 AM

yes, Mary, very pregnant, Frederik and Christian were there last year.

actually, i was missing the spark, the "happiness" this year, perhaps it was just the queen wearing black or perhaps i was just watching the wrong tv clip but i thought they were all a bit stiff and reserved. :smile:

msleiman 04-16-2008 09:17 AM

Even Marie wore black!

biboquinhas 04-16-2008 09:28 AM

Strange!!! I think that should be imperative for Mary and Frederick to attend!!!! And even if they didn't attend they should said why!!!

antonieta 04-16-2008 09:30 AM

My God. Marie resembles so much Mary.

princess leonor 04-16-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 754343)
Strange!!! I think that should be imperative for Mary and Frederick to attend!!!! And even if they didn't attend they should said why!!!

But they did say why didn't they? At least Frederik, as far as I know, went sailing. And supposedly Mary went along with him.

principessa 04-16-2008 09:40 AM

Another possibility for Mary: One of the children is ill and she has to care about it!?!

Her_Majesty 04-16-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 754343)

They actually said why: Frederik takes part in a sailing competition and Mary joined him.

Marie looked stunning! I am so glad to see her , Joachim and the kids together at the balcony.
Although I would have loved to see Mary and the Kids as well. Luckily Marie saved the day. :flowers:

Empress 04-16-2008 10:07 AM

Perhaps it was a conscious choice to allow Marie her first balcony appearance to be on her own?

Duke of Marmalade 04-16-2008 10:11 AM

Are you sure Mary wasn't there - just joking but without close ups it's hard to tell if that's Marie or Mary on the balcony. They resemble each other so much - no offence but I'd find it a bit psycho if my brother brought along a fiancee who looked almost like a twin of my wife :shock::wacko: No big deal that Fred & Mary are not around, it's only QM's 68th birthday, a day to present herself to the public and not her family. It's nice of her that she does this balcony thing at all and in theory she & hubby would be enough. Fred is out sailing, ok, he's almost a professional sailor now with Mary doing all the work. QM wearing black on her birthday :ohmy: she looks like a governess and I do expect some pics of Isabella next week on the occasion of her first birthday - that will be a nice compensation for today's no show.

GlitteringTiaras 04-16-2008 11:15 AM

I hope Her Majesty Queen Maregrethe had a wonderful birthday.:flowers: More can be seen here andhere.

Stefanie 04-16-2008 11:23 AM

Strange haircolour of Joachimīs. Did he darken it?

biboquinhas 04-16-2008 11:29 AM

well sailing to me it is not an excuse...they should have been there like it should be a tradition.... she is the Queen!!!!!!

Her_Majesty 04-16-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 754436)
well sailing to me it is not an excuse...they should have been there like it should be a tradition.... she is the Queen!!!!!!

For Frederik sailing is always a good excuse. :lol:
He even didn't attend the big big Birthday Bash in Sweden 2 years ago ... just because he went sailing.
He seems to be totally addicted. ;)

GlitteringTiaras 04-16-2008 11:36 AM

Let's try and focus people.

FOCUS.

This topic is reserved for Margrethe's birthday, but if you would like to discuss Frederik and Mary's absence as well as his sailing adventures please head on over to the Crown Prince Couple sub-section or click on this topic.

irishgirl567 04-16-2008 12:49 PM

prince christian is only a baby so he can get away wearing silly cute outfits and when he older he will probably wear sensible colthes
i think its nice seeing the family together for the queen's brithday

Paty 04-16-2008 01:54 PM

As always Madeleine has the most beautiful Images.
Royal Photos by Madeleine Glindorf

carlota 04-16-2008 02:39 PM

the two ladies look delightful. marie seems to be really happy and so does joachim and the kids. it's a shame fred and mary with christian and isabella couldn't join them. would have been the first picture with all the family together with the addition of marie!

Physicistdear 04-16-2008 03:04 PM

The boys have grown up! They look lovely. Glad to see them :)

Aurora810 04-16-2008 03:08 PM

I think it was very fitting that this year featured the soon to be married couple with the Queen and Prince Henrik. Lovely pics to see!

And I don't agree that Marie looks like Mary's twin. That comparison is becoming a new pet peeve of mine! They have completely different style, different hair length and different shades of brown, different skin tones(way different), different face structure. They are two different people! I feel like people are trying extra hard to push these two together, it's weird.

acdc1 04-16-2008 03:27 PM

Great pictures! A little disappointing that Frederik, Mary, and kids weren't there, but I was so glad to see Joachim, Marie, Nikolai, and Felix. All adults and kids looked relaxed and happy, the ladies were lovely, and the little boys were cute, as always.