The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Queen Margrethe II (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16 (2003-2019) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f178/queen-margrethes-birthday-april-16-2003-2019-a-13994.html)

Mandy 02-26-2003 12:24 AM

Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16 (2003-2019)

Princess Margrethe's 30th Birthday 16 April 1970

Queen Margrethe's 33rd Birthday 16 April 1973

Queen Margrethe's 36th Birthday 16 April 1976

Queen Margrethe's 39th Birthday 16 April 1979

Queen Margrethe's 50th Birthday 16 April 1990

Queen Margrethe's 56th Birthday 16 April 1996
Queen Margrethe's 56th Birthday 16 April 1996

Queen Margrethe's 58th Birthday 16 April 1998

Queen Margrethe's 59th Birthday 16 April 1999

Queen Margrethe's 60th Birthday 16 April 2000

Queen Margrethe's 62nd Birthday 16 April 2002

Alexandria 04-16-2003 12:24 PM

Queen Margrethe Celebrates 63rd Birthday 16 April 2003

1 Attachment(s)
Today Queen Margrethe celebrates her birthday in Marselisborg, her summer residence. Here is a link to some great pictures of Queen Margrethe celebrating with her family, husband Prince Henrik, sons Prince Frederik, Prince Joachim and his family, Princess Alexandra and their sons Nikolai and Felix.

The link is courtesy of the Royal News and Views message board.

There is a photo spread if you click on Her Majesty's image in the top right hand corner.

http://www.jp.dk/indland/artikel:aiid=1774280:img=P/

Alexandria 04-16-2003 12:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some more pics from IBL.

I love Nikolai's vest and tie! And little Felix is looking incredibly big and grown up. He will be celebrating his birthday in a few short months. Hard to believe it's been almost a year!

Mandy 04-16-2003 04:18 PM

Thanks Alexandria! :flower:

The pictures are great! Queen Margrethe is on of my favourite queens. She looks wonderful and the boys are growing up fast. They all look so vibrant on the balcony. Thanks again for sharing. :)

Jacqueline 04-28-2003 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Photo From: Corbis

karolinabraganza 04-16-2004 10:04 AM

Queen Margrethe Celebrates 64th Birthday 16 April 2004

for more pictures also see:

Queen Margrethe's 64th birthday

Queen Margrethe's 64th birthday

Bubbette 04-16-2004 10:31 AM

Mary is certainly looking much more relaxed in these photos!

samitude 04-16-2004 11:40 AM

I thought that too. She also seemed to wave alot more then she did on her engagment day. I think she will fill her role well, be a lovely wife for Frederik, and make Denmark proud.

Alisa 04-16-2004 12:03 PM

They all looked fantastic and happy as they shouted Hurrah... and waved to people. :flower:

karolinabraganza 04-16-2004 12:05 PM

mary at her best so far, if you ask me. very natural and nice, very suitable wardroab

SpiffyBallerina 04-16-2004 02:35 PM

Queen Margrethe- still look'n good at 64! :flower:

It's so nice to see Mary looking comfy in her position. The whole family just looks very nice and happy (kinda a welcome change from the Brits :P ).

mktv2000 04-16-2004 05:32 PM

WOW...Mary looks wonderful. I really think she got a bad rap in the beginning just for being a bit nervous. I think that you could really tell in that engagement interview that she was VERY nervous. I think she has really gotten used to everything and is going to be a wonderful Crown Princess, and Queen.

montecarlo 04-16-2004 05:42 PM

Mary is very beautiful. Doesnt' she look a bit like actress Catherine Zeta Jones?

Alexandria 04-16-2004 07:18 PM

Mary does indeed look lovely in these pictures. Her tied scarf is a nice touch.

Princess Alexandra's light blue floral skirt was also lovely.

There are also a couple of pictures with Nikolai and Felix peeking through the balcony bars, which are sweet. It must've been quite the occasion for them to see all those people cheering up at them, clapping and waving the Danish flag. In more than one picture I thought Felix bore quite a strong resemblance to his paternal uncle Frederik as a child. They both have the same round face and big eyes, though Felix' colouring is lighter than his uncle's.

And in all the talk of Mary looking great, Happy Birthday Queen Margrethe!

norwegianne 04-16-2005 09:34 AM

Queen Margrethe Celebrates 65th Birthday 16 April 2005

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I was one of the people looking at Margrethe, Henrik, Joachim, Nicolai and Felix at the balcony today. Next year, I'll definitely meet earlier than the 45 minutes before I was today, and get a bit further in the line before they open up the plaza before the balcony. It was very crowded there, and very hot.

It was kind of sweet how Margrethe instructed Nicolai how to wave to the crowd, and how Henrik lifted Felix up so that he could see the crowd properly, and we could see him.

One thing I kind of wished would have made the moment even bigger than it was, with the applause and the cheering, was if the people had sung the national anthem when the band played it, and similar if they had sung happy birthday when the band played it. I would imagine that it would have been quite loud. ;)

Picture is from B.T

GrandDuchess 04-16-2005 09:40 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Queen Margrethe along with Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim, Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix made a balcony appearance today at Amalienborg Palace to mark the Queen's 65th birthday! The palace square was filled with people who wanted to celebrate their monarch. Pictures from Colourpress:

Amira 04-16-2005 09:50 AM

Queen Margrethe II Celebrates 65th Birthday

10 Attachment(s)
Queen Margrethe II Celebrates 65th Birthday today ...here some pics from the occasion

Amira 04-16-2005 09:51 AM

6 Attachment(s)
and more ...:)

Mandy 04-16-2005 10:19 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 16-04-2005 Prins Henrik holder prins Felix mens prins Joachim og dronning Margrethe vinker på balkonen, da dronning Margrethes 65 års fødselsdag lørdag blev fejret på Amalienborg, København (AP /John McConnico /Polfoto)

Mandy 04-16-2005 10:37 AM

5 Attachment(s)
More pictures.
1. AP Picture.
2. to 5. Scanpix pictures.

gattica28 04-16-2005 12:39 PM

:( A bit of sadness for me looking at these pictures. Because of the divorce, Her Highness Princess Alexandra would never appear on the royal balcony again! How she must have felt seeing her sons and ex-husband go out on to the balcony without her, the first time in 9 or 10 years she hasn't appeared on the balcony.

fromEU 04-16-2005 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gattica28
:( A bit of sadness for me looking at these pictures. Because of the divorce, Her Highness Princess Alexandra would never appear on the royal balcony again! How she must have felt seeing her sons and ex-husband go out on to the balcony without her, the first time in 9 or 10 years she hasn't appeared on the balcony.

It isn’t sad anymore. Neither for us nor for Alexandra( or Joachim). The divorce announcement was made 6 months ago and the decision(internally) for Alexandra and Joachim to divorce was probably made even further back. So they have probably gotten used to the situation by now. BTW Alexandra was not balcony, but she did take part in the family’s birthday lunch afterwards. So she is not totally excluded from the family:)

Alexandria 04-16-2005 01:15 PM

Thanks for the pictures everybody!

While everyone looked happy on the balcony, I feel that it is a bit sad to see fewer people on the balcony this year. Last year there were Henrik, Frederik and Mary, Joachim and Alexandra and their sons and this year no Frederik and Mary (who are in Thailand) and no Alexandra. Too bad Frederik and Mary couldn't have post-poned their trip to Thailand by a day or two so that they could've shared the Queen's special day with her.

paulette 04-16-2005 07:32 PM

Too sad, the balcony was not crowded at her 65th birthday!

But nevertheless, I know that the Queen together with the royal family incuding Princess Alex did enjoy the lunch afterwards.

HMQueenElizabethII 04-17-2005 02:17 AM

4 Attachment(s)
FRom AAP Image:

Anna_R 04-18-2005 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From Hello: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...oyalbirthdays/

ROYAL BIRTHDAY FUN FOR HENRI AND MARGRETHE

18 APRIL 2005

Royal revelry reigned over the weekend, with two of Europe's favourite sovereigns celebrating landmark birthdays.

Denmark's much-loved Queen Margrethe, who has just turned 65, was cheered by a huge crowd of well-wishers when she appeared on the balcony of Amalienborg Palace on Saturday. And Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg was also enjoying the adulation of his subjects as he rang in his 50th birthday with a party in the Grand Ducal Palace.

Accompanied by his wife Maria Teresa, the monarch made a typically impressive entrance by roaring into the palace on a powerful motorcycle. The Duchess had to hold on tight to her husband while they were on the move, but she obviously isn't averse to wrapping her arms around him because they also were photographed in a tender embrace later in the day.

Queen Margrethe, meanwhile, was in similarly affecctionate form. The happiness was written all over her face when she stepped onto the balcony with husband Prince Henrik, son Joachim and grandsons Felix and Nikolai.

The ever-popular Prince Frederik and Princess Mary couldn't make it along, as they are currently on a state visit to Japan, but the monarch was keen to express her fondness for her daughter-in-law. "It must be strenuous to come to a new country and take on her position," she said of the pretty Australian. "She's doing a great job and I'm a proud mother-in-law."

1. A smiling Margrethe waves to her subjects as Henrik, Joachim and grandchildren Nikolai and Felix look on

Larzen 04-16-2006 07:06 AM

Queen Margrethe Celebrates 66th Birthday 16 April 2006

1 Attachment(s)
Ca 12 000 people showed up for Margethes birthday to day
from TV2

Daneborn 04-16-2006 07:17 AM

Thank you so much Larzen for that report.

Is that from Marselisborg ??

12,000 people, wow that's some 8% of the population in Århus if they are around 150,000.

Larzen 04-16-2006 07:25 AM

10 Attachment(s)
And such an extensive report it was:eek: :D
YEs its Mareselisborg

A picture special from TV2
http://galleri-master.tv2.dk/index.p...72/page-1.html

and from BT
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=...fid=100021708/
Uk Press

fanletizia 04-16-2006 09:39 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Images from polfoto

marilla 04-16-2006 09:44 AM

I love :) those photos

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1145194841

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1145193945

purple_platinum 04-16-2006 10:06 AM

Christian has certainly grow up to be a big gorgeous baby boy... and his outfit... well.. so so cute!!
What about Nikolai, Felix, and Joachim? Anything mentioned where they were? I was hoping this would be the occassion for us to see the whole family, including the 3 young boys..

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

ysbel 04-16-2006 10:20 AM

This must be Christian's first balcony appearance - the first of many!

He looks like he was getting tired of charming the people after awhile. I hope the next time they give him a hat that's not so silly and that fits him better. :D

fanletizia 04-16-2006 10:21 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Images from PPE

fanletizia 04-16-2006 10:27 AM

8 Attachment(s)
More from PPE

purple_platinum 04-16-2006 10:29 AM

18 Attachment(s)
Many more images from DPA

GrandDuchess 04-16-2006 12:45 PM

How lovely to see them on the balcony at Marselisborg! This time little Christian stole the attention from the dachshunds who usually otherwise get some attention whenever they're around :D

This picture is just wonderful - three generations of monarchs present and future - Margrethe, Fredrik and Christian.

Alexandria 04-16-2006 01:03 PM

Thank you everyone for the many wonderful pictures! :)

In some of the pictures I can definitely see a resemblance to Mary in Christian. He is looking quite adorable in his little jacket with the hat and the little ears!

Where were Joachim and his sons this year?

bigheadshirmp 04-16-2006 01:39 PM

frederick looks funny in this pic while trying to hold on to little Christian.....

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1145197626

almee 04-16-2006 02:10 PM

Baby Christian is so adorable!!! I think it's so cute the way his hood kept slipping over his eye. It's only too bad that the rest of the family couldn't be there. I would have loved to see Joachim and his boys there also.
Mary looks beautiful today!

Princess Luna 04-16-2006 02:14 PM

Christian is sooo cute:) And he look very much like his father.

corazon 04-16-2006 02:49 PM

wow! we can see all the royal babies today!

zarat 04-16-2006 03:19 PM

I really liked the presence of one of Queen's daschunds at balcon! It's known the HM loves them very much (in one of previous photos she looks at one of them with admiration ). And I read that few years ago when one of her dogs disapperead in forest the whole neighbourhood set off to find it! Which can give some idea how the Queen is popular!
So happy birthday Her Majesty!

KikkiB 04-16-2006 04:01 PM

In some of the photos little Prince Christian looks quite bedazzled and that he might be thinking something in the lines of; "What in the world..." looking at all the people gathered there :p Quite understandable, I think :D And what a cutie with his hood askew.

magnik 04-16-2006 04:11 PM

Little Christian looks more like Frederick, but I think that he has something from Mary too.

michelleq 04-16-2006 05:14 PM

Now I think that he looks more like his Mum.

monica 04-16-2006 05:16 PM

the baby this precious one, I love as carries it Mary dressed ;)

bbb 04-16-2006 06:00 PM

thanks for the great photos, they all look so happy and clearly adore the little prince, ( i love his chubby little legs and face, such a cutie pie) like marys outfit and QM jacket, all and all a great balcony event

christinacg 04-16-2006 08:11 PM

What a beautiful little boy! I think he's a mix of both his parents. Mary looked stunning today as well (no suprise there)!

bebe_ocho 04-16-2006 08:37 PM

the little prince looks scared!!! :eek: but he's still very cute! his outfit is so cute... :)

JessRulz 04-16-2006 08:46 PM

Lovely pictures!!
Must agree, Christian is adorable!! :D He's one of those babies that you just want to scoop up and eat with a spoon!! Although I really didn't care for his hat....
Mary looked wonderful, as always.
Margrethe looked very very happy, which is no surprise considering it's her birthday and she had her family around her, although minus Joachim, Nikolai and Felix.

A question about the dog Henrik's holding...if Margrethe has her dog with her on the balcony for her birthday, when Frederik becomes King, will we see Ziggy on the balcony with him?? ;) :D

bbb 04-16-2006 08:52 PM

i miss ziggy he needs his own thread lol

Adry 04-16-2006 09:00 PM

Great pictures..only missing Nikolai & Felix together with the Queen:(
By the way..what a cute Prince Christian..soo lovely with that funny cap:o

Laviollette 04-16-2006 09:02 PM

baby Christian has his mom's features especially his nose and mouth. I can already see Mary's stern face in him.

crisiñaki 04-16-2006 10:02 PM

Do the Royal Houses have some kind of agreement to show the little ones to the press the same days: this week is Ingrid, Christian and Leonor, coincidence?:rolleyes: ;)

Margrethe II 04-16-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Do the Royal Houses have some kind of agreement to show the little ones to the press the same days: this week is Ingrid, Christian and Leonor, coincidence?:rolleyes: ;)

Who's complaining "C"? :eek: :D

"MII"

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz
Lovely pictures!!
A question about the dog Henrik's holding...if Margrethe has her dog with her on the balcony for her birthday, when Frederik becomes King, will we see Ziggy on the balcony with him?? ;) :D

My regretable guess is that Ziggy would have since passed from this life to the next, "JR"

Maybe Ziggy 2 ;) :D

"MII"

mandyy 04-16-2006 11:18 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Photos from TV 2
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3576/28nj.pnghttp://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9052/untitled0mu.png
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2130/untitled11di.png
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4894/untitled33ux.png
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6551/untitled41ou.png
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5927/untitled50qm.png

highpriestess 04-17-2006 12:49 AM

Christian is chubbier and better looking now. But who dressed him in that silly joker's hat? Is that a good first impression for a future king? As a joker?

pdas1201 04-17-2006 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highpriestess
Christian is chubbier and better looking now. But who dressed him in that silly joker's hat? Is that a good first impression for a future king? As a joker?

I think one should keep in mind that he is a BABY, first and foremost. At present, his dad is the Crown Prince and when his grandmother the Queen. When is time comes to be the Crown Prince and eventually the King, I am sure he'll be impeccably dressed.

At present he is a baby and such outfits look cute on a baby. Mary might have wanted to dress her baby in a cute outfit (I know my sister certainly likes to) After all now's the time to dress him such, he'll grow up so fast and develop his own taste, that Mary really will never have a chance to dress him again according to her taste.

capricorninin 04-17-2006 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highpriestess

In Prince Christian's defence, It is his first attendance on Grandma's b'day and easter, maybe he got caught in the excitement. A mix of joker and easter bunny does not always come up well, I guess.

As for me the cuteness factor is hardly affected. He will have all his life to be dignified and be royal, so I kind of enjoyed it. Also you have to agree for a first time attendee, he carried himself well. And this hat will ensure that twenty years or so when most of our memory will be weaker, this image will be easy to remember. :)

crisiñaki 04-17-2006 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Who's complaining "C"? :eek: :D

"MII"

Now we are on first letter basis M?;) :D
And of course I'm not complaining, I'm beyond thrilled seeing all TRC! (Their Royal Cuties):p

Margrethe II 04-17-2006 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Now we are on first letter basis M?;) :D
And of course I'm not complaining, I'm beyond thrilled seeing all TRC! (Their Royal Cuties):p

Now, don't get yourself too excited my dear :p

I commonly refer to my fellow posters (when engaging them in conversation) with a singular abbreviation of their username ;) Have you seen the length of some usernames? :eek: :D

Indeed, It is wonderful to see the Crown Princely progeny's of Euope & Asia.

Quote:

But who dressed him in that silly joker's hat? Is that a good first impression for a future king? As a joker?
Oh really, the child is but 7 months old..I doubt most emphatically that this "number" (probably designer too) shall infact, have any effect on Christian's public image in years to come.lol.

"MII"

princess2 04-17-2006 03:20 AM

All the pictures are so wonderfull. Prince Christian ist really really cute and his mommy looks just great

bluegirl 04-17-2006 03:58 AM

All the pictures show one very happy family who enjoys the time spent together. As for Christian, he just looks more adorable with his hat that keeps sliding on his face. I was just wondering, what will he think of this pictures when he grows up and sees them.

Margrethe II 04-17-2006 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegirl
I was just wondering, what will he think of this pictures when he grows up and sees them.

In regards to his attire, possibly something along the lines of...why? ;) :D

"MII"

barber 04-17-2006 05:38 AM

just like you all i like the little one with that cap

nordishbynature 04-17-2006 06:29 AM

oh Christian is really cute...just as the other royal babies :)

Lasse Pedersen 04-17-2006 08:25 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some of the many, MANY photos I took at Marselisborg yesterday. And what a day it was! Bear with me on the quality and size of the pictures, I am quite new to the resizing of digital photos! But anyway, enjoy!

Attachment 238677 Attachment 238678 Attachment 238679Attachment 238680Attachment 238681

1) The Queen’s Standard turned upside down!! This was, of course, rectified before Her Majesty returned from church.
2) A member of the Royal Household photographing the immense crowd from the first floor of Marselisborg. He had thousands of lenses pointed towards him, mine included!
3) The musicians of the Royal Life Guards.
4) The ’birthday girl’ holding her third grandson, HRH Prince Christian.
5) The two couples and HRH Prince Christian on the terrace.

Australian 04-17-2006 08:36 AM

Great pics Lasse Pederson! Thanks for posting them! You are lucky to have been there. It looks like the Queen is looking straight at you! lol

Lasse Pedersen 04-17-2006 08:38 AM

13 Attachment(s)
Attachment 238682Attachment 238683Attachment 238684

Attachment 238685Attachment 238686Attachment 238687

Attachment 238688

6) The Crown Prince Family
7) The Reigning Couple
8) Her Majesty absorbed in her grandson, and the Crown Princess in her father-in-law!
9) Her Majesty rythmically swings her grandson back and forth to the tunes of "Happy Birthday", played by the Royal Life Guards.
10) The Crown Prince waving as his mother looks lovingly to her Dachshund in the arms of her husband!
11) The royals listening to the performance of a march
12) Sovereign and sovereign to be!

Attachment 238703Attachment 238704Attachment 238705

Attachment 238706Attachment 238707Attachment 238708

13) Listening to music. The Crown Princess seems to be conducting with one hand, and following her, the Prince Consort starting to do the same gesture. Maybe they were talking of the rythm of the march?!
14) Still listening.
15) Conversing with Beau-père.
16) Listening.
17) Listening to the crowd singing "I dag er det Margrethes fødselsdag..." (i.e. "Today is Margrethe's birthday...", Danish birthday song)
18) Mother and son talking!

/Lasse Pedersen

purple_platinum 04-17-2006 10:48 AM

a picture gallery :
http://www.royalpress.nl/20060416.html

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5721/aarimg79710sf.jpg http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3...img80101cs.jpg http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2...img80446my.jpg

purple_platinum 04-17-2006 11:03 AM

8 Attachment(s)
several more by Nieboer for DPA :

Adry 04-17-2006 11:05 AM

Mary looks so pretty..very natural..Im glad for her...she seems to be happy with her new life and with her cute piece of sky :o

purple_platinum 04-17-2006 11:09 AM

6 Attachment(s)
also by Albert Nieboer for DPA

Anita 04-17-2006 02:16 PM

I don't agree with everyone who've said that Prince Christian's hat was lovely ...I think the hat is rather pretty silly... but that's just my opinion .:)

Merca 04-17-2006 03:03 PM

Ah, this boy is definitely the cutest baby ever! He looks like a mini Shrek (meant as a compliment!) in that hat.

Kelly 04-17-2006 03:17 PM

How cute Christian looks with that silly hat. Is it a bunny hat or what? Mary looks beautiful!

Princess_Beatrix 04-17-2006 03:48 PM

It is so cute to see how Margrethe teaches Christian how to wave. :)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3&d=1145286189
He seems to be a bit irritated. :D

Roxsteve 04-17-2006 05:24 PM

The baby is sooooooo cute! He is just adorable!!! I love his hooded jacket. He looks great!

crisscross1 04-17-2006 05:58 PM

These are such great pictures. :)

There are so many interesting things to read.

I have just become a member and can't wait to browse.:D

almee 04-17-2006 06:14 PM

The RF looks great, but doesn't Mary look as though she's a bit distracted? She's seems very solemn. I'm just so used to seeing her bright smile.

Laviollette 04-17-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by almee
The RF looks great, but doesn't Mary look as though she's a bit distracted? She's seems very solemn. I'm just so used to seeing her bright smile.

Maybe it has something to do with photo number 4: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2-post212.html. There seemed to be a little tension between CP Mary and Queen Margrethe and when you see the actual moving video you can see the queen almost swatting Mary's hand away as she's trying to fix Christian's hat while QM is holding him (click on the link http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2006/04/16/110330.htm then click Seneste under TV-og radio to the right of the picture, choose date of April 16, and scroll down to Dronning Margrethe blev fejret af tusindvis i Arhus. I don't mean to cause trouble but it struck me when I saw it.

I looked at the video again and QM didn't swat at Mary but she had this look like 'I'm holding my grandson so get away.' Maybe it was just an awkward moment but like I said, it struck me.

soCal girl 04-17-2006 07:13 PM

Thanks everyone for the pictures! Christian is absolutely the most adorable little prince. I'm sure Queen Margarethe loves her three grandsons very much but I think she might be waiting for the day she get her princess granddaughter....:rolleyes:

I haven't watched the video yet so I really can't comment about the whole Margarethe and Mary thing. I think Margarethe is just loving Christian though with the way she's holding him and teaching him how to wave. :D

sesa 04-17-2006 07:21 PM

This baby is incredibly adorable, but he looks like a "court jester" in that outfit. I don't blame him for getting fussy and starting to cry. he probably wanted to go in and take the silly hat off.:p

marezdote 04-17-2006 07:28 PM

How adorable! What was the occasion?

soCal girl 04-17-2006 07:31 PM

The occasion was HM Queen Margarethe's birthday.

I'm a defender of the hat. :D It makes Christian look like a baby. Soon enough we'll see him in mini-suits and ties so I think we should enjoy this time. Christian looked like he was behaving well most of the time. The times we saw him fussy is understandable; he's a 7-month old baby on a balcony, with a lot of people watching him, and fussing over his hat with no clue as to why. :)

crisscross1 04-17-2006 07:35 PM

Lovely pictures Lasse, how lucky you were there?:D

crisiñaki 04-17-2006 09:07 PM

I must say that Christian is extremely well behaved for a 7-month old baby and very cute as well, I love to see baby boys in costumes or cute clothes and baby girls in dresses!:p :D :D

Laviollette 04-17-2006 10:14 PM

Quote:

Regarding the above photo, I can see why QM made such a face...Christian is a hefty little thing isn't he? (Meant in the nicest way possible, of course. I love Denmark's Royal Family). She looks as though she was trying to hold on. Ha Ha

I really like the DRF too. They are becoming my favorite RF but that doesn't change what looked like a very awkward moment between them caught by the camera. It doesn't mean they're at war or that they even dislike each other but, imo, it looks like a moment of disagreement rarely seen.

almee 04-17-2006 10:28 PM

I definately see where your coming from. Maybe the old saying " A picture is worth a thousand words" could apply here.

WindsorIII 04-17-2006 11:45 PM

He's a chubby little thing! That's adorable!

RhapsodyBrat 04-18-2006 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margrethe II
In regards to his attire, possibly something along the lines of...why? ;) :D

"MII"

or: I can't believe my mother dressed me up this way for a special occasion! :eek:

:D ;)

Alisa 04-18-2006 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple_platinum
crying Christian in the arms of his grandma...

photos from PPE & sipapress via fotobank

These 2 photos are soo cute. I know Her Majesty is just reacting to Prince Christian crying, but from an outside perspective it looks like she's mimicking him.

amina1 04-18-2006 02:06 AM

:pcute, I think his hand got tired from all the waving.

Lasse Pedersen 04-18-2006 07:12 AM

Quote:

Regarding the above photo, I can see why QM made such a face...Christian is a hefty little thing isn't he? (Meant in the nicest way possible, of course. I love Denmark's Royal Family). She looks as though she was trying to hold on. Ha Ha

:D I see what you mean... I could easily imagine that Prince Christian is quite a heavy royal highness. When I was there, however, it seemed as if Her Majesty simply made a 'funny face' to Christian while she was 'dancing' with him during the Life Guards' performance of "Happy Birthday". That having been said, the Queen did seem to be in some discomfort when she handed Prince Christian over to his mother. I guess that she made a certain movement which really hurt her already stressed back!

/Lasse Pedersen

purple_platinum 04-18-2006 07:52 AM

a couple more from ppe

http://img135.imagevenue.com/loc205/...5_06041670.jpghttp://img46.imagevenue.com/loc226/t...0_06041672.jpghttp://img146.imagevenue.com/loc106/...5_06041673.jpg

more from Hola :

http://img105.imagevenue.com/loc36/t...inamarca1a.jpghttp://img136.imagevenue.com/loc3/th...inamarca2a.jpghttp://img147.imagevenue.com/loc247/...inamarca3a.jpghttp://img107.imagevenue.com/loc26/t...inamarca4a.jpg

flcty 04-18-2006 08:22 AM

Baby Christian is soooooo adorable :p. I managed to get an avastar (my first) of him in that adorable suit. ;) :p

Jose 04-18-2006 08:28 AM

Wow more photo prince Christian! His grandmother is Queen Margrethe see out happy three grandchildren. Queen Margrethe is love mother and grandmother!!! Happy Birthday Queen Margrethe 66th birthday!

asturiana 04-18-2006 01:47 PM

Happy Birthday Queen Margrethe!!!
Prince Christian is sooo cute :)
Thanks for the pictures...
From Hellomagazine:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../danishroyals/

Daneborn 04-18-2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple_platinum

Baby Christian wasn't the only cutie on the balcony. Just look what Prince Henrik has under his arm.

Those of you who think Mary didn't smile bright enough; don't forget this was the Queen's birthday. It would be VERY inappropriate if Mary, or anyone else in the party, tried to outsmile the Queen.