The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   Suggestions for newsletter topics? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/suggestions-for-newsletter-topics-13950.html)

norwegianne 09-16-2007 05:04 AM

Suggestions for newsletter topics?

What do you think we should feature in the newsletter? What topics do you think we should write about?

Suggestions are more than welcome. :flowers:

RhapsodyBrat 09-17-2007 10:34 AM

How about an explanation/backgrounder of the royals' official and/or complete titles? for example, Prince Felipe is widely known as the Prince of Asturias and that Prince Philippe is the Duke of Brabant. but what other titles do they hold? and what is the history behind these titles? anything else special about these titles? i think that would be very informative and helpful.

they don't have to be limited to current or reigning monarchs; they can also include the famous or peculiar ones from history.:flowers:

CasiraghiTrio 09-17-2007 12:41 PM

A newsletter on royal education might be interesting. Maybe something on the pros and cons of different approaches to education taken by various royals. I don't know.

sesa 09-17-2007 02:24 PM

Maybe something on Cr. Princess Victoria's 30th birthday?
With her turning 30, will she continue with her studies, will she take on more responsibilities? Something like that maybe?

royalgibraltar29 10-31-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne (Post 667910)
What do you think we should feature in the newsletter? What topics do you think we should write about?

Suggestions are more than welcome. :flowers:

something to do with the banquet HM the Queen offered to HM the King .

royalgibraltar29 10-31-2007 04:25 PM

We want to know where she celebrated her 30th Birthday and who of the other Royal where invited.:flowers:

dazzling 10-31-2007 05:19 PM

How about a royal round ups (what is more important to the royal house, ex state visit) of that month with maybe one or two pictures to the event.

Sometimes, few/many of us are away for a while & quite hard to catch up & go through all the threads, so a brief report on who did what etc would be great.

1. summer holidays (focus on a royal house or in general)
2. Royal hobbies (ex, is there a hobby as in horse riding that a royal has to learn, different intrest in royal house)
3.a wide questin among members is how do royals communicate with each other, maybe a newletter on language & which house communicates with who in what language)
4.constitution

norwegianne 10-31-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 687422)
How about a royal round ups (what is more important to the royal house, ex state visit) of that month with maybe one or two pictures to the event.

Sometimes, few/many of us are away for a while & quite hard to catch up & go through all the threads, so a brief report on who did what etc would be great.

This is what we're attempting to do, by summing up birthdays, anniversaries, state visits, official visits and other big occasions... Anyone wanting to catch up with the major events, should in theory be caught up by reading the monthly newsletter - also by finding out some of the things that will happen in the following month. We try to cover as much ground as possible - but we can't catch everything that goes on.

See the example from what happened in September:
Quote:

State and Official Visits

Queen Rania in China - September 4-7, 2007
State Visit from Brazil: 12-13 September 2007
State Visit from Brazil, 13 & 14 September, 2007
Official Visit to New York, 17-21 September, 2007
Mette-Marit's visit to the Red Cross Center in Sandvika
WA & Maxima´s Official Visit to Slovenia; 2-4 Oct. 2007
Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to China - September 2005

Special Occasions[LEFT]
Ramadan 2007
Photoshoot at Skaugum - 3/9-2007
HM King Carl XVI Gustaf's Enthronement
Princess Grace of Monaco dies 25 years ago
Prince Louis and Tessy have second son: Noah
Queen Paola´s 70th birthday; September 11, 2007
Infanta Leonor starts school - Photocall on September 7th, 2007
Crown Princess Mary establishes The Mary Foundation: 11 September 2007
Presentation of Infanta Sofia to the Virgin of Atocha - September 19th, 2007

dazzling 11-01-2007 05:25 AM

Also another topic would be " royals & there work with the UN" & "royals going to school" or "royal children with their parents:going to school or at the park, beach"

How about instead of link to the thread or that specific event, have a short paragraph of the event with a picture or two. I mean, threads are long & reading through them can get boring. For ex, Ramadan thread a brief paragraph of what the King and Queen did during the holy month.

kyansaunt20 11-14-2007 07:32 PM

How about a newsletter on the Royals of Luxembourg? They fasinate me with their quiet lives!

principessa 11-16-2007 03:19 PM

Or a newsletter of the princerly family of Liechtenstein!?!

Empress 11-16-2007 10:51 PM

Well, were we to do that, we might want to make it a newsletter about the smaller ruling families..

principessa 12-19-2007 03:28 PM

Or how about a newsletter of royal family celebrating christmas and new year (f. e. in the January newsletter)

PrincessofEurope 12-30-2007 03:55 PM

what about a newsletter explaining orders from the countries and which royal has which order

Avalon 01-04-2008 12:02 PM

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, keep posting them! :flowers:
we've got some wonderful ideas and they will all be considered carefully. :smile:

candygirl_68 04-08-2008 04:59 AM

or you could present another royal each month (biography etc.)
something like: "royal of the month..." ;)

QueenMaharet 04-10-2008 01:06 AM

How about something quirky, like a Royal's favorite food, or least favorite food? Perhaps for whichever royal is "royal of the month?"

randomlyKeira 10-17-2008 06:14 PM

How about favorite music?

sgl 10-19-2008 07:44 PM

I would love to see a newsletter that featured royal pets! I know that several households have pets, and it would be a fun thing to read about. I would also love to see a newsletter on royal stylists.

jcbcode99 12-31-2008 07:57 PM

I was thrilled to see the newsletter on the Royal Family Orders. I am fascinted by them, their history, who gives them, the designs, the jewels. It was a fantastic topic.
I think an interesting topic would be royals and art. We know that Queen Margarethe is very well known and regarded as an artist--are there any others? Perhaps hobbies of the royals would be more appropriate?