The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 3: September 2007 - February 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/princess-letizias-family-news-part-3-september-2007-february-2008-a-13901.html)

marezdote 09-14-2007 06:49 PM

Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 3: September 2007 - February 2008
 
Here is the new thread about the family of Princess Letizia. The old thread can be found here.

Please remember that only post links to pictures unless you personally hold the copyright to the picture.

Have fun!

crisiñaki 09-21-2007 02:49 AM

who has the Elle magazine with the interview with Principessa Henar? so far I've only seen a couple of pics and the article by Paloma Barrientos:

La tía de la Princesa, ¿decoradora del Palacio Real? - elConfidencial.com

highpriestess 09-21-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki (Post 670029)
who has the Elle magazine with the interview with Principessa Henar? so far I've only seen a couple of pics and the article by Paloma Barrientos:

La tía de la Princesa, ¿decoradora del Palacio Real? - elConfidencial.com

She looks great. Among all family members, Letizia resembles her the most.

crisiñaki 09-21-2007 11:38 PM

yeah, after the face transplant...:rolleyes:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4...achmentrh2.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4613/henaryj7rb2.jpg

she's the poster child for "Extreme Makeover":biggrin:

Letizia's not my favourite person, but she doesn't deserve to have such a embarrassing relative; her aunt is a bit of a goldigger, she gets the Extreme Makeover, then she goes from selling cheap badly hand made things in a small stand in Ribadasella to a HUGE store in Oviedo where she sells accesories and decorates houses, then she calls herself a Principessa in Italy, then she gets a government contract in her town, which was revoked later for the lack of quality of her work and now she's saying her family is related to an english dandy? (as if Letizia's genealogy haven't been discussed over and over and over again and that last part is BS) :eek:

I mean, wtf? what is that woman thinking? doesn't she realize that she can harm her niece (and by extension the Crown) with her behavior?:bang:

I'm not a Letizia fan, but today I feel sorry for her, with relatives like these who needs enemies?:ermm:

PD: check out the ghastly english on her webpage:

henar ortiz - complementos y gestion en decoracion - oviedo

not to mention the awful awful awful handbags :ermm:

Mari_* 09-22-2007 12:53 AM

She didn't called herself a Principessa, as far as I know the Italian media called her that.

crisiñaki 09-22-2007 01:15 AM

No mari, it was in the official brochure of the event, not in the media:ermm:
http://www.pittimmagine.com/cuploads/Ueventi10.pdf
El Semanal Digital

I dunno if she said she was a Princess or it was their mistake, but if it was their fault, why didn't she call them on it? more publicity?:ermm:

lula 09-22-2007 04:56 AM

Everything is more or less open to criticism, depending on the importance that of. If she devotes herself to a serious work, which she devotes herself to promote it is not so much a problem. Evidently she has been favored by the advertising, like she had been harmed in other aspects (as which they write books where investigate to all her family).

On her huge shop allow me to laugh:lol:, not if you have seen it at some time, but the shop is not precisely huge, it is a small shop, in a central zone (it is a small city so many shops are in the center), but not in a specially good street because it is slightly hidden. In addition, Oviedo is a small city, is a necessary little in order that the people know you.

It is not a secret that the members near to the Royal Family come favored for the advertising that the fact of it being gives them, some of them take advantage of it of a more evident form, how it is the case, and others in a minor evident way. But to say that this woman is going to damage to the Monarchy for appearing speaking about her designs and about her shop in a magazine as Elle, it is at least, a bit hypocritically.

Jaime de Marichalar is an associate with his sister of Manolo Blanhik's shop in the best neighborhood of Madrid, he was present at its inauguration with many journalists and famous prominent figures, and took charge giving the Princess of Asturias "manolos" in order that she was dressing them in the most important events.

And that you say to me of the interview in Telva of the daughter and the daughters-in-law of the Infanta Pilar. Except Laura Ponte, the rest be there for being those who are, and curiously they all collaborate with some mark. Simoneta is a representative of Cartier in Spain, and grants interviews in which not only she speaks about jewels. Barbara Cano and Mónica Martin Luque also are linked to some designers.

And the Infanta Elena as owner of a day-care center, and Jaime's business, and Iñaki's business, and the brother Álvaro de Marichalar, and the business of the nephews of the King ... they all have advantages for belong to the family to which they belong. This way, that this woman does not damage to the Monarchy what many people have not damaged before that she.

At least, the person that have to be a person in charge who is her niece has not turned into a " woman announce " of her purses (I believe that I have never seen her with any), and she has visited her shop one time as soon as the local press has seen.

To be an aunt of the one who is has favored and has publicized, certainly, but does not name the princess, nor information on her life ... probably there it is a limit ... it is more or less admissible, while it is kept in a few limits. While speak about her work and not about the life of her niece or of the Royal Family, who does it.

Therefore, there would not be necessary to increase the things, only because she is the aunt of the princess, instead of another relative of the Royal Family. But or she is criticized how the others are criticized or they are kept silent since they are kept silent by the others. Ultimately, always they are the same hypocrisy. Because when this woman comes to charitable acts against the cancer (I have seen her more of once in the local press), it is never a news.

adelaide 09-22-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 670412)
Everything is more or less open to criticism, depending on the importance that of. If she devotes herself to a serious work, which she devotes herself to promote it is not so much a problem. Evidently she has been favored by the advertising, like she had been harmed in other aspects (as which they write books where investigate to all her family).

On her huge shop allow me to laugh:lol:, not if you have seen it at some time, but the shop is not precisely huge, it is a small shop, in a central zone (it is a small city so many shops are in the center), but not in a specially good street because it is slightly hidden. In addition, Oviedo is a small city, is a necessary little in order that the people know you.

It is not a secret that the members near to the Royal Family come favored for the advertising that the fact of it being gives them, some of them take advantage of it of a more evident form, how it is the case, and others in a minor evident way. But to say that this woman is going to damage to the Monarchy for appearing speaking about her designs and about her shop in a magazine as Elle, it is at least, a bit hypocritically.

Jaime de Marichalar is an associate with his sister of Manolo Blanhik's shop in the best neighborhood of Madrid, he was present at its inauguration with many journalists and famous prominent figures, and took charge giving the Princess of Asturias "manolos" in order that she was dressing them in the most important events.

And that you say to me of the interview in Telva of the daughter and the daughters-in-law of the Infanta Pilar. Except Laura Ponte, the rest be there for being those who are, and curiously they all collaborate with some mark. Simoneta is a representative of Cartier in Spain, and grants interviews in which not only she speaks about jewels. Barbara Cano and Mónica Martin Luque also are linked to some designers.

And the Infanta Elena as owner of a day-care center, and Jaime's business, and Iñaki's business, and the brother Álvaro de Marichalar, and the business of the nephews of the King ... they all have advantages for belong to the family to which they belong. This way, that this woman does not damage to the Monarchy what many people have not damaged before that she.

At least, the person that have to be a person in charge who is her niece has not turned into a " woman announce " of her purses (I believe that I have never seen her with any), and she has visited her shop one time as soon as the local press has seen.

To be an aunt of the one who is has favored and has publicized, certainly, but does not name the princess, nor information on her life ... probably there it is a limit ... it is more or less admissible, while it is kept in a few limits. While speak about her work and not about the life of her niece or of the Royal Family, who does it.

Therefore, there would not be necessary to increase the things, only because she is the aunt of the princess, instead of another relative of the Royal Family. But or she is criticized how the others are criticized or they are kept silent since they are kept silent by the others. Ultimately, always they are the same hypocrisy. Because when this woman comes to charitable acts against the cancer (I have seen her more of once in the local press), it is never a news.


It's obvious that the Princess of Asturias's aunt has changed her "quality" of life ina way or one other. Thanks Lula to give us the real dimension of this "improvment". As the changes are more pysical than other tings, so what? As this changes - may be, it's not quiet sure- can allowed her to succeed better in her professionnal fields why not ? It's not corruption up to know!

If the behaviour of the Princess of Asturias's aunt can be seemed the less sympathetic of those of all members of her families, may be, it's question of personnal appreciation. But, please, to say that she can be a danger for the spanish is totally ridiculous for at least two reasons
1. It's to give a nuisance power at a little provincial designer so big in front the Spain Royal Monarchy YET well established in all the country in a national level.
2. It's beleived that the Princess of Asturias is using of her position to imponed the members of her family where she has decided to do.

I'm not sure that the Princess of Asturias is doing the promotion of the aunt's shop. Even if I'm not fan of the production of this shop, I don't see why this woman would hidden her only because her niece is becoming Real Higness.

Some daughter in law of the Queen EII had mad a more big use of her relations with the crown, isen't it?

Mari_* 09-23-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula
Everything is more or less open to criticism, depending on the importance that of. If she devotes herself to a serious work, which she devotes herself to promote it is not so much a problem. Evidently she has been favored by the advertising, like she had been harmed in other aspects (as which they write books where investigate to all her family).

On her huge shop allow me to laugh:lol:, not if you have seen it at some time, but the shop is not precisely huge, it is a small shop, in a central zone (it is a small city so many shops are in the center), but not in a specially good street because it is slightly hidden. In addition, Oviedo is a small city, is a necessary little in order that the people know you.

It is not a secret that the members near to the Royal Family come favored for the advertising that the fact of it being gives them, some of them take advantage of it of a more evident form, how it is the case, and others in a minor evident way. But to say that this woman is going to damage to the Monarchy for appearing speaking about her designs and about her shop in a magazine as Elle, it is at least, a bit hypocritically.

Jaime de Marichalar is an associate with his sister of Manolo Blanhik's shop in the best neighborhood of Madrid, he was present at its inauguration with many journalists and famous prominent figures, and took charge giving the Princess of Asturias "manolos" in order that she was dressing them in the most important events.

And that you say to me of the interview in Telva of the daughter and the daughters-in-law of the Infanta Pilar. Except Laura Ponte, the rest be there for being those who are, and curiously they all collaborate with some mark. Simoneta is a representative of Cartier in Spain, and grants interviews in which not only she speaks about jewels. Barbara Cano and Mónica Martin Luque also are linked to some designers.

And the Infanta Elena as owner of a day-care center, and Jaime's business, and Iñaki's business, and the brother Álvaro de Marichalar, and the business of the nephews of the King ... they all have advantages for belong to the family to which they belong. This way, that this woman does not damage to the Monarchy what many people have not damaged before that she.

At least, the person that have to be a person in charge who is her niece has not turned into a " woman announce " of her purses (I believe that I have never seen her with any), and she has visited her shop one time as soon as the local press has seen.

To be an aunt of the one who is has favored and has publicized, certainly, but does not name the princess, nor information on her life ... probably there it is a limit ... it is more or less admissible, while it is kept in a few limits. While speak about her work and not about the life of her niece or of the Royal Family, who does it.

Therefore, there would not be necessary to increase the things, only because she is the aunt of the princess, instead of another relative of the Royal Family. But or she is criticized how the others are criticized or they are kept silent since they are kept silent by the others. Ultimately, always they are the same hypocrisy. Because when this woman comes to charitable acts against the cancer (I have seen her more of once in the local press), it is never a news.

2 words .. Completely true.

fanprincipesasturi 09-23-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki (Post 670029)
who has the Elle magazine with the interview with Principessa Henar? so far I've only seen a couple of pics and the article by Paloma Barrientos:

La tía de la Princesa, ¿decoradora del Palacio Real? - elConfidencial.com

is not good for the princess this news

carlota 09-23-2007 12:54 PM

i can't believe henar ortiz is giving interviews to elle! poor letizia, i feel extremely sorry for her and her aunt making a living out of her. since we knew letizia was the girlfriend of the prince, she didn't stop trying to be in the spotlight. shameful. she just reminds me of another version of the late sven o hoiby. the same way i felt bad for mette marit, i feel bad for letizia. i can't believe letizia is still speaking to her.

lula 09-23-2007 01:19 PM

Carlota, sincerely the comparison does not seem to me to be very appropriate. Maybe compare her with the sister of Maxima who exhibited in Holland, with the books of the stepmother of Mary ... yes...

Henar Ortiz, has taken advantage of the new popularity of her family to promote her work. In it she does not belong different from the relatives of other princesses, or from the relatives and enclosedly members of the Royal Family. That the press speaks about her because she is the aunt of the Princess, and do not speak about others, it does not mean that there are many examples.

In the magazine Elle, she speaks about her, about her designs and about her shop. When she speaks she does it of her work. She speaks neither about the Princess, nor about her private life, nor about the polemics that the press promotes, nor about the Royal Family... For my it it marks the difference. And in addition, the Princes have never publicized directly her ... they did not come to the inauguration of her shop, and the Princess is not walked showing the designs of her aunt ... Not even Henar mentions if her niece or some another member of the Royal Family takes someone of her designs or has someone of the products of her shop.

carlota 09-23-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 670976)
Carlota, sincerely the comparison does not seem to me to be very appropriate. Maybe compare her with the sister of Maxima who exhibited in Holland, with the books of the stepmother of Mary ... yes...

Henar Ortiz, has taken advantage of the new popularity of her family to promote her work. In it she does not belong different from the relatives of other princesses, or from the relatives and enclosedly members of the Royal Family. That the press speaks about her because she is the aunt of the Princess, and do not speak about others, it does not mean that there are many examples.

In the magazine Elle, she speaks about her, about her designs and about her shop. When she speaks she does it of her work. She speaks neither about the Princess, nor about her private life, nor about the polemics that the press promotes, nor about the Royal Family... For my it it marks the difference. And in addition, the Princes have never publicized directly her ... they did not come to the inauguration of her shop, and the Princess is not walked showing the designs of her aunt ... Not even Henar mentions if her niece or some another member of the Royal Family takes someone of her designs or has someone of the products of her shop.

perhaps you are right, comparing henar with sven is a bit too far and maybe it's more appropriate to compare her with dolores zorreguieta or susan moody. however, i need to say that neither of them gave interviews to magazines on anything they do. i find it perfect if she speaks about her work and not the royal family (that would have been it!), but in any case i find it totally distateful for her to give interviews as if she was nicole kidman. she is really nothing without letizia and i believe that this doesn't benefit her at all, so why do it? the royal family is not facing the best of moments (with the demonstrations and people burning pictures of them) and this just adds up. i personally wouldn't like it at all if i were letizia.

Duke of Marmalade 09-23-2007 02:00 PM

I recall that Antonio Vigo (Letizia's late sister's exboyfriend and father of her daughter Carla) is another relative who tried to gain some advantage of the royal marriage while he was still with Erika, but it seems that he is now out of the headlines and concentrates on looking after Carla, together with his family.

lula 09-23-2007 02:17 PM

There is a phrase that Laura Ponte repeats in her interviews; she does not form a part of the Royal Family, her husband forms a part of the family of the King, and is a normal family that has its rules.

And while they all are kept inside these rules there is no problem. For what I have observed, the rule is that you do not speak about the Royal Family.

Henar Ortiz is a family of the princess, her business and her work get advertising for it ... and it is difficult to reject it. She can be more or less open to criticism, but I believe that while she guard a few limits it is not necessary to be a problem. The magazine Elle is a serious magazine dedicated to women and in this one speaks fashionable, of design, of decoration ... two pages with few questions, her photo and photos of her designs, do not have anything of bad. Of opportunism maybe yes, of bad not.

Simoneta, Laura, Mónica and Bárbara did an article for the Magazine Telva, they were speaking about their life and were posing as models ... and only Laura Ponte is a model.

Simoneta offered another interview in the one that was speaking about so polemic topics, as the change of the Constitution or the gay marriage ... for my it is more polemic and negative, because a member near to the Royal Family, speech of her opinion about topics in which the Royal Family must be kept neutral and to be careful.

Also some commentaries or Álvaro de Marichalar's appearances, in parties or in the most yellow program of the national television ... they seem to me to be more worrying.

So personally I see it as something anecdotal. The desire to distinguish from a woman of median age that she has managed to give promotion and to do what always she had wanted to do. And I do not believe that with it she does badly anybody. Because finally quite it forms a part of the packaging.

lula 09-23-2007 02:34 PM

Duke, I believe that the things are not seen by objectivity, and who less does it is the press. Antonio Vigo was a sculptor who was devoting himself to do his works, he became a known personage, and his work passed to be interested.

In my opinion, the press supports an absolutely hypocritical attitude in this topic. The family of the princess, appears publicly in family acts related to the Princess. It is the press, which it chases systematicly to the family ... in the door of house, in the door of the work, in the door of the school, in their vacations, in their personal relations .. the press has turned them into famous prominent figures. The mother of the Princess has almost every day to the press in the door of their house. The press harasses a 90-year-old elder and a girl of 6. They are the family of the Princess, but for it the press must have turned them into totally exposed prominent figures. In no European country the press has this attitude, one speaks about the family of the princesses in important events or when there is some news, but it is not anything systematic.

Do they surprise that ultimately someone takes advantage of these circumstances to give a bit from advertising to her work? Sincerely, a thing is to have patience and other one be idiots.

donnaK 09-23-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 670981)
perhaps you are right, comparing henar with sven is a bit too far and maybe it's more appropriate to compare her with dolores zorreguieta or susan moody. however, i need to say that neither of them gave interviews to magazines on anything they do. i find it perfect if she speaks about her work and not the royal family (that would have been it!), but in any case i find it totally distateful for her to give interviews as if she was nicole kidman. she is really nothing without letizia and i believe that this doesn't benefit her at all, so why do it? the royal family is not facing the best of moments (with the demonstrations and people burning pictures of them) and this just adds up. i personally wouldn't like it at all if i were letizia.

WA and Maxima had publicly endorsed Maxima's half sister by attending her exhibit in Netherland, that alone already generated more buzz than a magazine interview. Susan Moody had given interviews in Denmark promoting her books, some of her books had been translated into Danish, all these had to thank for her royal step-daughter-in-law.
Henar is not the most discreet memeber of the Ortiz family, but her behavior is really not that much different from some of the King's relatives, ex. Simoneta and daughter-in-laws of Infanta Pilar.

Duke of Marmalade 09-24-2007 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 671000)
Duke, I believe that the things are not seen by objectivity, and who less does it is the press. Antonio Vigo was a sculptor who was devoting himself to do his works, he became a known personage, and his work passed to be interested.

In my opinion, the press supports an absolutely hypocritical attitude in this topic. The family of the princess, appears publicly in family acts related to the Princess. It is the press, which it chases systematicly to the family ... in the door of house, in the door of the work, in the door of the school, in their vacations, in their personal relations .. the press has turned them into famous prominent figures. The mother of the Princess has almost every day to the press in the door of their house. The press harasses a 90-year-old elder and a girl of 6. They are the family of the Princess, but for it the press must have turned them into totally exposed prominent figures. In no European country the press has this attitude, one speaks about the family of the princesses in important events or when there is some news, but it is not anything systematic.

Do they surprise that ultimately someone takes advantage of these circumstances to give a bit from advertising to her work? Sincerely, a thing is to have patience and other one be idiots.

You are right lula, but to a certain degree it's also up to the people involved and not only a matter of the press. There a plenty of examples where people who want to be left alone do deals with the media and it is more or less respected. But very often, people like Antonio Vigo or Erika herself feel flattered and actually enjoy being the center of attention, probably underestimating what they are getting into. Once the media is attached, it's difficult to get rid of the attention of the press as it might reflect on Letiza in a bad way.

In Henar's case, she uses Letizia's name for her business, even worse, but I guess every commoner-turned-into-a-royal will face some embarassment from a relative or even a close family member (poor Mette Marit :eek:).

ikram 09-24-2007 04:50 AM

Telma Ortiz here at infanta Sofia Christenning
Bautizo de la Infanta Sofía
she is very beautiful smart, elegant
and discret............

lula 09-24-2007 04:55 AM

Duke, I do not agree in anything. Erika Ortiz and her husband, lived initially through the innovation of passing to be a family of a very important personage; to experience themselves and they went to a public act and commented on something for the press that they was chased every day. In a beginning, before a news like that there is normal the interest of the press and the dazzle of the family. There everything had be to end, and they separated totally of everything. They moved away from the press, but the press never made them calm.

They moved away from the public thing, but it did not prevent that the press was waiting for them at the edge of their house or the school of the girl, neither prevented that the press was mangling their life, which they was chasing for their separation and later for their new relations. They wanted to move away, but the press never allowed it to them. There is no doubt that the sister of the Princess did not want to be the center of attention, she did not want to see her exposed life, but the press did not respect it, and however much she was asking not to chase her, they continued doing it.

And for my worst thing of everything and what does not have defense it is the attitude of the press with the girl. Nothing justifies that the press harasses to a girl. And with the girl excuses do not exist. For 3 years they have recorded the girl when her mother or her grandmother were gathering her from the school, and even the girl has finished crying for the attitude of the press. Three days after the death of her mother, the press chased the girl. From the death of her mother, the family has been imposed in a strict way to prevent the girl from appearing in the television or the magazines ... even in the baptism of her cousin, they supported the girl isolated from the public eye. Last week appeared images in a magazine and in the television of the girl in the airport coming with her grandmother of vacations.

The press does not have right to impose the harassment on the persons. A thing, it is that for being who they are, before a news there become they do them some questions, and other one a daily harassment in all the aspects of their life.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises