The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Opening of Parliament 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/opening-of-parliament-2007-a-13879.html)

norwegianne 09-13-2007 09:56 AM

Opening of Parliament 2007

Here is the thread to post information and discussion about the opening of the Swedish parliament (Riksdagen) on Tuesday the 18th of September.

The whole royal family will be present.

The thread from 2003 and 2004: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...04-a-3591.html

The thread from 2005 and 2006: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...06-a-6930.html

robby86 09-15-2007 11:56 AM

Wow! It's that time already. I was just wondering what happens at the close of Parliament? (Im not even sure of when that is:ermm:. When does it close?)

rop81 09-16-2007 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robby86 (Post 667628)
Wow! It's that time already. I was just wondering what happens at the close of Parliament? (Im not even sure of when that is:ermm:. When does it close?)

Is that a special event? I as a Swede have never heard of it...

GrandDuchess 09-18-2007 07:51 AM

A webcast is available online via SVT. Just go to svt.se - Startsida and then click on "Följ sändningen här!" beside the camera icon located under the picture of the Parliament.

Her_Majesty 09-18-2007 08:08 AM

How strange: why doesn't Victoria wear a hat while Madeleine and Silvia wear one?

Yennie 09-18-2007 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 668766)
How strange: why doesn't Victoria wear a hat while Madeleine and Silvia wear one?

she has one of these "little things" that she has worn many times this past year

norwegianne 09-18-2007 10:28 AM

Picture series at Nyheter Taken directly from television, is my guess, which is why the quality is fairly bad.

Press Nästa bild » to get to the next picture.

The royal family appear in the end, while the pictures before has a lot to do with ceremony. Among other things there was folk costumes from all over Sweden represented.

fanletizia 09-18-2007 11:23 AM

Crown Princess Victoria

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Princess Madeleine

ANP Beeldbank

More images

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Aurora810 09-18-2007 11:54 AM

Queen Silvia and Victoria are both wearing headpieces and Madeleine is really the only one wearing a hat.

No complaints about what anyone is wearing this year. Everyone looks nice. Madeleine's attire is probably least pleasing to me, just a little blah. And I don't like the way the hat is sitting on her head, it just doesn't allow her to really be seen.

I really noticed Victoria's accessories. I think those really helped her add some nice touches to the outfit.

sesa 09-18-2007 12:00 PM

I like this family. The Queen as usual is very simple and elegant as well as classy. I think out of all the Queens, she is the best. She never forgets any little detail, and is always dressed to the nines whatever the event. She is not old nor frumpy. The epitome of what a Queen should be.
She looks wonderful today as well as the rest of the family.

Boris 09-18-2007 12:32 PM

After the very regal opening ceremony of Paliament of yesteryear was scaled down, Queen Silvia started the tradition of wearing black and white only for this occasion in hommage to the black & white court dress. These days the (modified) court dresses are only worn by ladies-in-waiting for grand formal events.
Regarding the hats, both the Queen & the CP look great in wide-brimmed hats but I like this alternative too as long as it doesn't resemble a dead bird after being hit by a truck on a highway - that look being most poular with certain Royals for a reason that totally escapes me.
I hope the agencies will provide us with some pics from the accompaying concert tonight like they did last year!

royalist 09-18-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sesa (Post 668856)
I like this family. The Queen as usual is very simple and elegant as well as classy. I think out of all the Queens, she is the best. She never forgets any little detail, and is always dressed to the nines whatever the event. She is not old nor frumpy. The epitome of what a Queen should be.
She looks wonderful today as well as the rest of the family.

Sesa, I absolute agree with you! :flowers:

asturiana 09-18-2007 03:01 PM

Best dressed for me is Madeleine. Thanks for pictures.

BeatrixFan 09-18-2007 03:25 PM

No Princess Lilian? I thought when they said the whole RF would be there they meant Lilian too.

LadyFinn 09-18-2007 03:30 PM

I believe that princess Lilian is nowadays much too frail to take part to official duties. I feel sad for it, because princess Lilian is one of my favourites of the royals.

stellad 09-18-2007 03:32 PM

I think Victoria looked extremely elegant. I just wish she will do her hair this way more often than the everlasting pony tail. Madeleine looked very ordinary, her hat was too far forward on her face. The Queen looked lovely as always.

Stellad

norwegianne 09-18-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan (Post 668944)
No Princess Lilian? I thought when they said the whole RF would be there they meant Lilian too.

Apparently just the King, Queen and their children for now.

Translation of the beginning of the King's speech:

Quote:

Today we open the council of the realm (Parliament) here in Stockholm. At the same time, the United Nation's General Assembly in New York opens. There is therefore a special occasion to bring to mind those eight millennium goals that the UN agreed on in year 2000, to be finished by year 2015.

One of the goals is to halve the poverty in the world, another clean water and basic education for all, and stop the spreading of HIV/AIDS
- The King then goes on to talk about how important it is that Sweden helps with this, and how international cooperation is important if one should reach such goals. He also talked about how he's met heads of state on state visits and these things have been on the agenda.

He also talked about how democracy is important in terms of making decisions, and the parliament is the foundation for that. http://www.royalcourt.se/kungafamilj...a80002740.html

christinacg 09-18-2007 04:09 PM

I think all three ladies looked great! I really like Madeleine's hat too.

asma 09-18-2007 08:39 PM

In my opinion,Both the queen and the crownprincess looked fabulous.Princess Madleine is ok but I don't like her skirt.

Al_bina 09-18-2007 09:52 PM

Her Majesty and Crown Princess Victoria look really nice. However, Princess Madeleine looks somewhat washed out. In my personal opinion, her outifit needs a little splash of colour to balance the whiteness.