The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   Presentation of Infanta Sofía to the Virgin of Atocha: September 19, 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/presentation-of-infanta-sof-a-to-the-virgin-of-atocha-september-19-2007-a-13870.html)

lula 09-12-2007 10:11 AM

Presentation of Infanta Sofía to the Virgin of Atocha: September 19, 2007

eluniverso.com - PrÃ*ncipes de Asturias pedirán a Virgen de Atocha protección para SofÃ*a - Sep. 12, 2007 08h10 - GENTE

Princes of Asturias will ask Virgin of Atocha protection for Sofía

Prince Felipe, heir of the Spanish crown, and his wife Letizia Ortiz will be faithful to the tradition of the Royal Family and the next Wednesday will ask the virgin of Atocha of Madrid protection for Infanta Sofía, their second daughter.

Since they did the 7 of June of the year last with their first-born Leonor, the princes of Asturias will take before the image of the virgin to the little Sofía - that was born in Madrid the past 29 of April ten days before she turns the five months.

It will be the third time that the princes go together to the Madrilenian temple where venerates the virgin of Atocha, because also the 22 of May of 2004 went immediately after contracting marriage in the cathedral of the Almudena of Madrid.

Presentation of Infanta Leonor to the Virgin of Atocha - June 7th, 2006

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...06-a-9868.html

Presentation to the Virgin of Atocha

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ocha-7933.html

princess leonor 09-12-2007 12:14 PM

That is great news. Thanks for this terrific information Lula. :flowers: I noticed it didn't say anything on Leonor. Do you happen to know if she'll be attending as well? After all, it is a special occassion for her baby sister. There again she does have school of course on wednesday morning :lol: Anyway, I can't wait to see little Sofia again:wub:

julianne 09-12-2007 12:48 PM

Thanks for the news, can't wait to see little sofia again, will it be the same time as with the presentation of leonor?

principessa 09-12-2007 01:01 PM

Do you think that Leonor will attent the presentation too?

Anna_R 09-12-2007 01:04 PM

To remember and also to know a little bit of history behind this act, visit the thread for Infanta Leonor's presentation, that happened in June last year:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...06-a-9868.html

fanprincipesasturi 09-12-2007 01:15 PM

LOS PRÍNCIPES DE ASTURIAS LLEVARÁN A LA INFANTA SOFÍA A LA BASÍLICA DE ATOCHA LA PRÓXIMA SEMANA

Ten days before she has the five months, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will ask the Virgin of the Court protection for his second daughter

UNIONRADIO.NETPrince Felipe, heir of the Spanish crown, and their wife Letizia Ortiz will be faithful to the tradition of the real family and the next Wednesday will ask the virgin of Atocha of Madrid protection for infant Sofía, his second daughter

magnik 09-12-2007 01:50 PM

So maybe this time Sofia will have her own show? withouth bigger sister?

fanprincipesasturi 09-12-2007 02:07 PM

I hope that day will be "show" of sofía, just as the day of its baptism, I think that her must have a day for her because her sister also has her day ... (the first day of school, the first steps...)
the last year TV 1 had in direct the presentation of leonor... I suppose that also they will do the same with sofía

acdc1 09-12-2007 03:25 PM

I can't wait to see Sofia and her beautiful eyes!

aryo 09-12-2007 05:20 PM

As much as i am happy to see infanta Sofia again,i can't understand why they didn't wait more,maybe the weather in autum was the reason,but i really wanted to see her later when she changes more.

Mari_* 09-12-2007 07:52 PM

Yay, Good news!, See BeautyLeonor.. we'll see our little Sofi sooner than we expected, isn't it great! :flowers::smile:

I thought so too aryo, since Leo was 7 months old when they presented her, but I think is what you said, the weather. But don't worry we'll get to see how much Sofi has changed on their beautiful christmas card! :smile:

I don't think Leonor will be there, remember, she has to go to "cole" :smile:

nouwrein 09-12-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari_* (Post 666467)
Yay, Good news!, See BeautyLeonor.. we'll see our little Sofi sooner than we expected, isn't it great! :flowers::smile:

I thought so too aryo, since Leo was 7 months old when they presented her, but I think is what you said, the weather. But don't worry we'll get to see how much Sofi has changed on their beautiful christmas card! :smile:

That's what I'm thinking too Mari, it is a wednesday so Leonor will be in "cole":wub: As much as I want to see Leonor again, I also think it's nice for little Sofia to have a day of her own once in a while :flowers: And yes, I thought she would be presented to the Virgen de Atocha a couple of months later like Leonor, she was 7 months old then. We would be seeing more hair :lol: But it also doesn't hurt to see little Sofia so soon :flowers:

BeautyLeonor 09-14-2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari_* (Post 666467)

Yes Mari we'll see our little Sofi sooner:smile:!! i can't wait.. I just want see her cute face:wub:her big eyes...and she maybe has a bit of hair LOL.

I want see Leo too, but she has to go to the "cole" and i think it's Sofi's day:flowers:!

carlota 09-14-2007 03:26 AM

i'm so glad we are seeing sofia this week! i quite missed her the other day at the "cole" wih leonor. hope leonor can attend as well, would be a lovely family picture!

Camarina 09-14-2007 03:02 PM

ABC.es: gente-ocio - gente - Los Príncipes presentarán el miércoles a la Infanta Sofía ante la Virgen de Atocha

The Princes will present Wednesday to Infant Sofía before the Virgin of Atocha.

Princes of Asturias will request the next Wednesday the protection of the Virgin of Atocha for their second daughter, Infant Sofía, fulfilling as well as one of the traditions of the Royal Family, since they did the 7 of June of the year last with their first-born, informed sources into the House of Rey...

adelaide 09-17-2007 07:09 AM

I'm very curious to see this little baby girl has changing,. may be as she is more higher than her eldest sister, she could put the same " faldon" ? Wait ansd see!

kaffir 09-17-2007 11:56 PM

So just to clarify, this involves asking a statue for "protection?"

Mari_* 09-18-2007 12:08 AM

No, when you pray in front of a cruficied Jesus you are not praying to the "statue" but to Jesus.

The dress Leonor used when she was presentated has a history like the baptism dress or not?
Cause I was wondering if Sofi would use it too.

nouwrein 09-18-2007 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari_* (Post 668663)
No, when you pray in front of a cruficied Jesus you are not praying to the "statue" but to Jesus.

The dress Leonor used when she was presentated has a history like the baptism dress or not?
Cause I was wondering if Sofi would use it too.

No, I think Leonor was wearing a new dress then, so I guess Sofi will wear a new one also, and it'll probably be white also. Let's see if Sofi will wear the same cross necklace (that looks like a rosary with pearls as beads) that Leo wore.

kaffir 09-18-2007 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari_* (Post 668663)

Thanks for that explanation!