The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Harry and Prince William (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Has anyone ever written to William or Harry? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/has-anyone-ever-written-to-william-or-harry-13844.html)

Honey 09-10-2007 02:37 PM

Has anyone ever written to William or Harry?

Well, the title says it all really. Has anyone here ever written to either Prince William or Prince Harry? And did you get a reply? :D

Nichola 09-10-2007 04:59 PM

I have - I used to send a card and letter at birthdays, Christmas etc when I was in my teens.

I only ever got Dear John letters from William, but I once got a more personal one from Harry. It basically said that he appreciated my letter and had asked his assistant to pass on his best wishes to me.:smile:

Honey 09-11-2007 12:05 PM

Wow, that's so cool!!!

I was thinking of writing to Harry. I'm not 100% sure though.

Reality 09-19-2007 02:55 PM

i hope I could ,but i don`t know at what address could I write.and if i really send some thing would any of them read it ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

segolen 09-19-2007 03:26 PM

I don't think the emails, or letters would get to them directly anyway. Their staff read them first.

Primrose28 09-19-2007 05:41 PM

I once wrote to William when I was much younger...never got a response, but it's funny now thinking about it.

auroraDaniel 10-01-2007 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by segolen (Post 669435)
I don't think the emails, or letters would get to them directly anyway. Their staff read them first.

yes, it is a well known fact that every letter, card or emails are read by their staff first. i read somewhere that william's personal assistant at the palace does it for him, you know..reading the letters and respond to the sender..

HRH Kimetha 10-02-2007 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auroraDaniel (Post 673528)
yes, it is a well known fact that every letter, card or emails are read by their staff first. i read somewhere that william's personal assistant at the palace does it for him, you know..reading the letters and respond to the sender..

Even getting a response from the palace could be a wonderful experience for the sendee. Not everyone gets a letter with an embossed letterhead from the palace--only those who write or doing business with the folks.

Back in 1970, I did get a 'thank you' from the Prince of Wales with the POW embossed feather letterhead. Pretty cool, even if the contents inside wasn't directly from the Prince.

kpusa1981 10-02-2007 03:28 AM

I worte a letter (a card) to Prince Harry when a friend of was killed 2004/2005. I did recive a letter embossed feather letterhead

auroraDaniel 10-08-2007 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha (Post 673858)
Even getting a response from the palace could be a wonderful experience for the sendee. Not everyone gets a letter with an embossed letterhead from the palace--only those who write or doing business with the folks.

Back in 1970, I did get a 'thank you' from the Prince of Wales with the POW embossed feather letterhead. Pretty cool, even if the contents inside wasn't directly from the Prince.

wow, that must be really cool!!:cool:

RoyalProtocol 10-30-2007 06:28 PM

I've written to both on several occasions and have always recieved a reply on the POW letterhead paper, replies are usually signed by the correspondence secretary, Mrs. Claudia Holloway

Shikha Pal 01-16-2008 09:00 AM

I written to Harry many times and i got lots of replies

MichelleVA 01-16-2008 03:06 PM

I have not written to them but I have written to the Duchess of York and Princess of Wales and gotten responses from them on BP and KP letterhead with the POW feathers on the POW response. It was handwritten from a assistant same type of working they were asked to pass on ......
I had sent the POW some designs I made for evening gowns when I was like 13 :wub:
A girl dreaming one day the Princess would wear one of my creations! LOL
I have not written to the boys yet but after reading that they do have people responding I just might to add to my collection.
BTW I just sent them to Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace and it arrived to them LOL
Michelle

Prince Daniel Vincent 01-16-2008 09:23 PM

I may have contacted Prince William through Star Light and Magic which I think is an American website.
I really like William and Harry although I know William has a smart side to him.

brighteyedgirl 11-14-2010 11:46 PM

It's funny because when I was 14 I wrote to Prince Harry. I checked the mail every couple of hours after that for 2 weeks, and I finally received a response. I think I still have the envelope and letter lying around here somewhere.

Aha! after searching through boxes of old stuff, I found it! It says that blah blah is responding on his behalf (which is to be expected) and he sends his best wishes. :smile:

But, funnier than that, is that I also found a postcard that my best friend sent me whilst in London, and on it she wrote to me:

"My lovely darling! I took a photo of a rugby thing for you. Tee hee! I've also been on the look-out for the prince... but damned if he hasn't been hiding from me. Meanie."

LOL. <3

Little_Rain 11-16-2010 05:36 PM

Only once after their mother died the principle of my high school set something up so that everyone who wanted could send them letters. I didn't get anything and dont recall if the school got something since all the letters were bundled and sent from the school

nascarlucy 11-16-2010 06:21 PM

I never have written any letter to William, Harry or any royal.

PrincessDianna 01-01-2011 11:52 PM

I would like to write..what is the address to write to William, Harry, and Kate?

Royal Fan 01-02-2011 12:06 AM

I Wrote the Earl of Wessex after his Daughter was born reply by his Secretry

ghost_night554 01-02-2011 12:12 AM

I wrote to William and Kate right after the engagement but never got anything back....yet...

I also wrote to Prince Charles and got a reply back in 2 weeks.