The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   if you were hired as a royal assistant, which royal would you choose? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/if-you-were-hired-as-a-royal-assistant-which-royal-would-you-choose-13825.html)

HMTLove23 09-09-2007 06:32 PM

if you were hired as a royal assistant, which royal would you choose?

Lets say you are hired as an assistant to a Prince or princess, Which royal would you choose?

me... I would choose Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium. Just to see what his royal life is like.

Henri M. 09-09-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMTLove23 (Post 664789)
Lets say you are hired as an assistant to a Prince or princess, Which royal would you choose?

me... I would choose Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium. Just to see what his royal life is like.

In that case you have chosen the most difficult royal to work for. Not that Prince Philippe is that bad, but the situation of the Belgian State and its monarchy is só complictated and so fragile, that you have to walk on eggs the whole time.

By the way, I don't know how it is in other countries, but in my country you can not apply for a job at the Court. You are 'requested' via-via. Often the Court sends signals to Departments or 'befriended services' (the armed forces, the diplomatic service, majors, etc.) to look for 'suitable' candidates. In all discretion, and often by surprise, the candidates are suddenly encountered with an invitation by the Bureau of the Grandmaster to Her Majesty The Queen.

An investigation of you and your family/friends/surroundings by the Intelligence- & Security Service is part of the procedure. And the Dutch royals do not have personal assistants. They have secretaries, aides-de-camp, valets, footmen (lackeys), etc.

And, by the way: if you work for the Dutch royals, you can forget your career planning. Under Queen Beatrix there is a 'carroussel policy' to prevent cliques to be formed at the Court. (Becoming too familiar and close, or getting too much knowledge). It is her policy that after 2 or 3 years staff is re-organized to 'befriended services'. Only her most personal confidantes, a dozen of Hofdames and Dames du Palais, led by the Lady Grandmastress are excluded from this iron rule.

:flowers:

Nichola 09-09-2007 06:47 PM

I think I would choose Camilla...I'm curious as to what she's like behind the palace doors.

ZandraRae 09-09-2007 06:58 PM

My answer will have to be Crown Princess Victoria. I think we would have fun!

yvr girl 09-09-2007 08:31 PM

I would like the Duke of York

I think he needs a bit of good PR. I'd like to see if I could make that happen.

acdc1 09-09-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZandraRae (Post 664802)
My answer will have to be Crown Princess Victoria. I think we would have fun!

I agree with you, I'd also choose Victoria. She seems like the easy-going type who would be fun to work with, and show you respect.

jcbcode99 09-09-2007 08:38 PM

I'm torn--I'd love to work for HRH Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall for the same reason as Nichola, but also because I feel like she is incredibly dedicated and if I "got in good" with her, she and I would get along. She seems like a lovely lady.
The other I would choose are the York Princesses--they need someone to direct them to a good stylist. I'd love to help them shop!

miraglia1983 09-09-2007 08:45 PM

My favorite royal is HRH The Princess of Hanover and has been for the past 32 years, so working for her and the Amade organization would be a dream come true.

Russophile 09-09-2007 09:02 PM

I would go for Anne, The Princess Royale. Her "no nonsense" temperment suits me.

janos614 09-09-2007 09:08 PM

I would choose Cristina of Spain. She seems to be the most down-to-earth of the siblings and yet she manages her life very well, too.

Vanesa 09-10-2007 12:21 AM

I thing I should not make a worthy assistant for any of them! :lol::rofl: Not really!

But well, if this could be for real I should choice Princess Maxima . We could speak Spanish to her, and since she live in my same neighborhood and spent all her childhood there too (we are almost of the same age), we should be able to speak about thinks that both of us knows well. There are some magazine owners near my flat that can remember her well, as the owners of "Librería Nelly". :biggrin:

And if I was not Princess Maxima's assistant, I guess I could became an assistant od Duchess of Cornwalls. She is very nice and down-to-earth.

But the one I liked the most and was as I understand how a Royal must be, the one who knows what Monarchy was and was ready to live or dead for this concept was the late Countess of Paris. She is dead by now, but I think I should have liked to be an assistent of this great lady. Madame was the kind of noble lady I always admired.

Vanesa.

crisiñaki 09-10-2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janos614 (Post 664843)
I would choose Cristina of Spain. She seems to be the most down-to-earth of the siblings and yet she manages her life very well, too.

I would work for her, Victoria or Máxima; they all seem to be very down-to-earth and very respectful with other `people, they seem to be very kind :flowers:

srivishnu 09-10-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMTLove23 (Post 664789)

I would choose HM Queen Elizabeth II because I wanna see the life inside Buckingham Palace.

Madame Royale 09-10-2007 04:10 AM

HRH Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

Finally, I would present a style all of her own and given my background in the field of fashion, I would work some real wonders with this beautiful Dane :flowers:

Avalon 09-10-2007 05:45 AM

I'm completely torn between the following Ladies & Gentleman:

The Duchess of Cornwall - she is so down to earth, and I'm sure loads of fun to work with.

The Prince of Wales - I agree and share most of his views, so for me it would be not only interesting, but useful.

Crown Princess Maxima - cheerful life is guaranteed

Princess Anne - agreed completely with Russophile

Queen Elizabeth - it would be amazing to work with someone, who belongs to the 'Old Royals' (and I don't mean the age).

Crown Princess Mette-Marit - I'm sure it would be a very easy and pleasant job.

Crown Princess Victoria - pleasant, yet it will give clear idea what a Royal should be and do.

crm2317 09-10-2007 12:47 PM

For me it would have to be Corwn Princess Mette-MArit or Maxima. They both seem lovely easy going ladies and I have a lot of respect for them

MissSaga 09-10-2007 01:02 PM

For me it would be either

-The Duchess of Cornwall. What an interesting job! The wife of the prince of Wales. I would really love that

-Crown Princess Mary of Denmark. :flowers:

-Crown Princess Maxima of The Netherlands.

MarvelousMarta 09-10-2007 01:05 PM

I would choose Letizia...and try to steal Felipe away - I KID, I KID!!!

I think Victoria would be my choice. I think the similarities of our age would make it fun.

bbb 09-10-2007 01:55 PM

i think it would be facinating to work with any of them for many of the reasons others have mentioned. but to see behind closed doors and witness history and be surrounded by fabulous things wow what a job.
i'd volunteer to work for camilla, she needs support against that Clarence House TEAM Fiasco.

madeleine victoria 09-17-2007 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbb (Post 665152)
i think it would be facinating to work with any of them for many of the reasons others have mentioned. but to see behind closed doors and witness history and be surrounded by fabulous things wow what a job.
i'd volunteer to work for camilla, she needs support against that Clarence House TEAM Fiasco.

Definitely for CP Letizia! I would love to see Spain and to see Felipe. :rolleyes:
Letizia seems to be a very opinionated woman and I love that! She's very independent too.