The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Any Pics of Identical Royal Twins? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/any-pics-of-identical-royal-twins-13778.html)

HMTLove23 09-05-2007 03:33 PM

Any Pics of Identical Royal Twins?

Are their any photos of Identical Royal twins

PrincessElena 09-06-2007 08:09 PM

Prince Fushimi

I know only of Prince Fushimi having twin daughters, Atsuko and Tomoko who looked exactly the same.

Their pic can be found here : Prince Fushimi Hiroyasu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CasiraghiTrio 09-06-2007 08:41 PM

Do identical cousins count? ;) I could marvel forever about Britain's George V and Russia's Nicholas II. That resemblance always gives me chills. They were like the Patty Duke Show of royalty.

I can't think of any identical royal twins. There are royal twins like in the Belgian royal family, but I can't think of identical ones.
The brother of Diana, Princess of Wales has identical twin daughters, but obviously they're not royal. It's the closest thing I can think of, though.

tanya 09-06-2007 09:45 PM

identical twins

prince faisal of jordan has identical twin daughters. sara and aisha. i think are their names.

CasiraghiTrio 09-06-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanya (Post 663501)
prince faisal of jordan has identical twin daughters. sara and aisha. i think are their names.

Yeah, they were born 27 March 1997. They are beautiful girls.
See wonderful pictures of the girls and their mother in Palma de Mallorca with the Spanish royals. Also one from Hola.
:flowers:

lilytornado 09-06-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessElena (Post 663469)
I know only of Prince Fushimi having twin daughters, Atsuko and Tomoko who looked exactly the same.

Their pic can be found here : Prince Fushimi Hiroyasu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh my god! They look so similar. If I look more, I see some differences, but first I thought they looked like clones, creepy somehow, just the same picture twice, as they are also wearing the same and having the exact same hair! Does anybody know what happened to them? Tomoko died in 1947? Is Atsuko is still alive or is her death date not known?

Empress 09-06-2007 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 663507)
Yeah, they were born 27 March 1997. They are beautiful girls.
See wonderful pictures of the girls and their mother in Palma de Mallorca with the Spanish royals. Also one from Hola.
:flowers:

How on earth do those children end up looking so Northern European? They are all blonde and pale complexioned... They look more like they should be a scandinavian princess than a jordanian one, I think.

How is it that the Jordanian royal family has blondies? I thought that blonde was a recessive gene, and where/from whom did they get it?

lilytornado 09-06-2007 11:02 PM

There grandmother, princess Muna, Princess Muna al-Hussein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
was British, so maybe it is from there. I mean, King Abdullah also has blue eyes...
I don`t know about being recessive, it is probably more complex as always...
So many black-haired people in my family got blond children...

auntie 09-07-2007 01:46 AM

Yes, my hubby and I have 2 out of 3 blond blue eyed children, and I have dark bown hair and brown eyes, and my husband is hazel green eyed and auburn haired (our other child is like that!), but both grandfathers are very fair! Also look at Princess Alia, she doesn't seem to be typically middle eastern looking, I think she is Syrian, and many Syrians are European looking. (look at president Assad!)

CasiraghiTrio 09-07-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilytornado (Post 663522)
There grandmother, princess Muna, Princess Muna al-Hussein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
was British, so maybe it is from there. I mean, King Abdullah also has blue eyes...
I don`t know about being recessive, it is probably more complex as always...
So many black-haired people in my family got blond children...

Yeah, could be from Muna, the fair skin and eyes, but also Alia has fair complexion and sort of blond hair. Yes, King Abdullah has the most wonderful blue eyes doesn't he? :wub: He and Queen Rania are so beautiful together, and their children, my god! :angel:

shappica 09-07-2007 10:56 AM

Prince Aleksandar Karadjordjevic (of Serbia) has twin sons!

LaPlusBelle 09-07-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shappica (Post 663746)
Prince Aleksandar Karadjordjevic (of Serbia) has twin sons!

I don't think they're identical, though.

izumi 09-07-2007 11:34 AM

Princess Atsuko was married to Count Kiyosu and died young in 1936. I have read somewhere that one of this count's children was arrested for burglary, but I do not know whether the burglar is Princess Atsuko's child. Count Kiyosu had two wives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilytornado (Post 663509)
Oh my god! They look so similar. If I look more, I see some differences, but first I thought they looked like clones, creepy somehow, just the same picture twice, as they are also wearing the same and having the exact same hair! Does anybody know what happened to them? Tomoko died in 1947? Is Atsuko is still alive or is her death date not known?

PrincessElena 09-07-2007 12:28 PM

Princess Tomoko

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilytornado (Post 663509)

Sadly nobody in their family lived for long. Anyways, Princess Tomoko married (Hirohito's wife) Empress Nagako's eldest brother, Prince Kuni Asaakira. They had eight children! Princesses Masako, Asako, Michiko, Hideko, Noriko and Princes Kuniaki, Asatake, Asahiro. Prince Kuniaki is the current head of the Kuni-no-miya family.

HimeNoKinoko 09-07-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress (Post 663516)
How on earth do those children end up looking so Northern European? They are all blonde and pale complexioned... They look more like they should be a scandinavian princess than a jordanian one, I think.

How is it that the Jordanian royal family has blondies? I thought that blonde was a recessive gene, and where/from whom did they get it?

I bet their hair will darken to the color of their mother's. My brother and I both had near platinum blond hair, deep blue eyes, and really tan skin as youngsters. Now, however, we have golden brown hair, green eyes, and really pale skin. Hahaha Of course, the sun was somewhat responsible for the extreme bleaching of our hair and completely responsible for our darker skin. Our father has really dark brown hair, almost black, kinda pasty pale skin, and blue eyes while our mother has curly strawberry-blond hair, kinda ruddy freckled skin, and brown eyes. So... genetics is really cool and mysterious.

Darn it! I wanted to be the first to mention the Karajordjevic boys! graar! But no, Prince Filip and Prince Aleksandar are fraternal. They were born in Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia, USA... which just happens to be in the same county (Fairfax County) I grew up in~~ I grew up in the Town of Herndon! yaay I've been to that hospital a few times.:cool: oh and their brother, Petar, went to preschool a few minutes from my house. I like Prince Aleksandar~<3 =^^=

Vanesa 09-10-2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 663725)
Yeah, could be from Muna, the fair skin and eyes, but also Alia has fair complexion and sort of blond hair. Yes, King Abdullah has the most wonderful blue eyes doesn't he? :wub: He and Queen Rania are so beautiful together, and their children, my god! :angel:

In fact, Middle Eastern people is not all dark, as people seems to think. I have a great Anthropology book where kinds of Arabics types are mentioned and t spokes about blonde ones (It is a book from 1860...so, no European mix there!). But he more common besides dark haired and eyed ones are red haired Middle-Eastern people . They could have hazel eyes or blue eyes or green eyes. I had a classmate whose name was Saud (she claimed to have a link with Saudi Royal House) and was Arab from both sides of her family...Well: she was deeply red-haired and blue eyed. We had other classmate from Germanic roots...who was darker than her! :biggrin: Thinks are not always Mathematics in this life...

Vanesa.

principessa 01-19-2012 04:58 PM

The Countesses Josephine and Camilla of Rosenborg are (as far as I remember) identical twins.

Lee-Z 11-09-2013 04:11 AM

Are the twin boys of Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Sophie of Isenburg identical? Don't remember if that was ever mentioned?

BrazilianEmpire 11-09-2013 04:54 AM

HRH Princess Maria Thereza of Orleans-Braganza (formerly Princess of Brazil):

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...70189035_n.jpg

HRH Princess Maria Gabriela of Orleans-Braganza (formerly, Princess of Brazil):

http://www.francescaromanadiana.com/...0a82652dca.jpg

Their Royal Highnesses are identical twins, born on July 14, 1959. The Princesses are the youngest of the twelve children of Prince Pedro Henrique of Brazil, who was the Head of Imperial House of Brazil from 1921 until his death in 1981, and his wife, born Princess Maria Elizabeth of Bavaria. Their elder brother, Prince Luiz of Brazil (b. 1938), is the current Head of the Imperial House of Brazil.

Princess Maria Thereza married, in 1995, Johannes Hessel de Jong (from the Dutch untitled nobility; b. 1954). Her Royal Highness lives in Belgium with her husband and two children, Johannes Pedro e Maria Pia Hessel de Jong. The Princess supports a Brazilian organization based in Brussels.

Princess Maria Gabriela married, in 2003, Theodoro de Hungria Machado (from the Brazilian untitled aristocracy; b. 1952). They divorced in 2005. The Princess lives in Rio de Janeiro with her partner, João Marcos Pilli. Her Royal Highness is a renowed painter. Professionally, she is know as Lelli de Orleans e Bragança.

The Princesses renounced their rights to Brazilian Throne before marry.

princessza 11-09-2013 07:08 AM

Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum of Dubai has twins grandchildren: Mohammed and Hamad bin Nasser Al Khalifa. The other grandfather is King of Bahrain.