The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Royal Family of Greece (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f77/)
-   -   Greek Royal Palaces and Residences (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f77/greek-royal-palaces-and-residences-1366.html)

Josefine 01-24-2003 05:48 AM

Greek Royal Palaces and Residences

1 Attachment(s)

at the London home of King Constantine of Greece

ETA: Source topfoto/Mandy

samitude 01-24-2003 11:04 AM

It may not be as big as their palace, but it's still a beautiful home. The children must have loved growing up here.

Josefine 08-08-2003 06:39 PM

does Nick live there, I heard it somewhere but can´t remember where

are there any ore pictures of the house out there

Splodger 11-29-2003 04:08 PM

Royal Homes and Palaces

I have come across some information regarding the Palace of Tatoi and wounderd if anyone out there new if this was correct or had changed since the following webpage was published in 2001.

http://www.fbarnard.org.uk/greek01/greece01.htm

According to the above webpage, Tatoi is not only closed to the public, but hard to find, railed off and guarded by police and a gaurd dog. I was woundering if this is still the case as I was under the impression from the recent Court Case over it between Constantine and the Greek Government, that Tatoi was being held for the benefit of the Greek people and was therefore open to the public. It seems rather bizzar that the Government paid Constantine all that money as oposed to giving it back to him, only to let it rot.

Alexandra 11-29-2003 05:48 PM

Thank you Splodger, for the link. The article was very interesting and the pictures, too. Earlier I had seen pictures of Tatoi only from south. It has always been my great wish to see Tatoi Palace myself.

Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg 12-01-2003 02:45 PM

Hi, does anyone have some information about the Royal residence or town of Psychiko. I read in the biography of Queen Sophie of Spain (born Princess of Greece) that she was born in Psychiko, but I couldn't find anything about this place. So if you can help me to find some information, thanks.....

Regards....

Lia 12-01-2003 09:55 PM

Hello, Phychiko is an area in Athens. Many years back most rich people lived there.At the moment it is still a good area but not what it used to be.

Josefine 08-31-2004 03:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Tatoi Royal Cemetery

i found two more

ETA: Source Seegerpress /Mandy

Jim 01-01-2005 08:46 PM

Royal burial ground Tatoi

I am looking for an internet site (with no success) that I can find pictures of the
royal graves at Tatoi. Any help would be most appreicated.

RoseMary 01-02-2005 11:39 AM

This looks like a fairly normal house.
It must have been very cozy :)

ellinotati 01-23-2005 05:45 PM

You can find a few more pictures of the Tatoi estate at: www.pbase.com/dead_poet/tatoi_estate

Isabel 01-24-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellinotati
You can find a few more pictures of the Tatoi estate at: www.pbase.com/dead_poet/tatoi_estate

What a gorgeous place that seems to be going to waste. Do you know if it is still is in disrepair or if the state has any plans for it?

ellinotati 01-24-2005 08:14 PM

As far as I know,the estate remains in the same condition as on the pictures.The government hasn't announced any plans for what is planning to do yet.(Not to my knowledge anyway).

cuervo 01-25-2005 07:15 PM

They are thinking....

of turning the whole place into a museum!!:mad:

Splodger 01-26-2005 03:38 PM

Well i gues a museum dedicated to Royal Greece would be okay...

cuervo 01-26-2005 06:34 PM

I think it is prohibided for people to enter the place....I remember though that some intruders broke the Crosses of The Royal graves, some years ago and nobody was arrested!!!(I was cursing for days)...

...My oppinion is that police cannot even guard their own posts-few days ago some bandids broke a police station in Athens and burned their cars,so,I doubt if the Tatoi Estate is properly guarded!!!It's a BIG and beautiful place,so a battalion of men with forrest motorbikes won't be enough, and i don't think that police can despose so many men!!!Greek police is also badly... payed...so i can hardly say anything ,besides I don't live in Athens!!

I can only wonder ,if the Greek state has confiscated such a big place wich is also part of the GREEK PEOPLE'S CULTURAL INHERITANCE,and keeps it unguarded,unrestored,why they have confiscated it for???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splodger
Well i gues a museum dedicated to Royal Greece would be okay...

Why???They better be honest and give it back to It's Owners!No need for police then,and the whole territory arround TATOI estate will increase it's value,because our Royals will be living there !! :o

ellinotati 01-27-2005 04:05 PM

www.jszw.de/galerie/korfu/ker_monrepos.jpg
The Mon Repos villa at the island of kerkyra(corfu).One of the properties that belonged to the G.R.F.

Splodger 01-27-2005 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuervo
Why???They better be honest and give it back to It's Owners!No need for police then,and the whole territory arround TATOI estate will increase it's value,because our Royals will be living there !! :o

I personaly would like to see it given back to the GRF but would settle for second best as a museum of the GRF in meantime... just so long as they stop it falling apart like it is now - so sad

grecka 01-27-2005 05:14 PM

The Oldenburgs shouldn't take back ownership of the palace. It's the property of the Greek government and should be utilized as a museum commemorating and documenting Greece's past.

laskaris 01-27-2005 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grecka
The Oldenburgs shouldn't take back ownership of the palace. It's the property of the Greek government and should be utilized as a museum commemorating and documenting Greece's past.

How do you like the idea, of turning your house into a museum of local natural history and place yourself onto a chair, under the script writting MAMAL???!! :p