The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   Prince Willem-Alexander's 40th Birthday Celebrations; August 31-September 2, 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/prince-willem-alexanders-40th-birthday-celebrations-august-31-september-2-2007-a-13516.html)

Henri M. 08-09-2007 04:42 PM

Prince Willem-Alexander's 40th Birthday Celebrations; August 31-September 2, 2007
 
In April the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (the Netherlands State Information Agency) issued the following communiqué:

On Saturday 1 September 2007 His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange will host a festive reception for the occasion of his 40th birthday.
The event will be held at Palace Het Loo in Apeldoorn. See wonderful picture.

Besides family and friends also members of foreign Royal Houses and of royal dynasties have been invited for this celebration.

The reason for this late celebration lies in the birth of the Prince's third daughter, Her Royal Highness Princess Ariane of the Netherlands (April 10th). The Prince had his 40th birthday on 27 April. He celebrated it in familial surroundings.


From what we have understood, the event lasts a few days in private, with the event on Saturday September 1st as main day. The grand palace Het Loo will be a fairytale décor for many guests and also traditional fireworks will be organized in the grand park. See wonderful picture of the royal fireworks.

Now the question is: which guests will we see on Het Loo Palace? Will we finally see Prince William turning up at a major royal event? Will Prince Georg Friedrich von Hohenzollern, the 'other' Prince of Orange give acte de présence?

TLLK 08-09-2007 04:48 PM

My first guess is that the list will be made up by his fellow heir-to-the-throne peers or those who are closer in age ie: the UK's Earl of Wessex. (Pregnant Sophie may choose to sit this out.) Also, those who would be the heirs of Greece, Italy, etc...

Henri M. 08-09-2007 05:02 PM

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 651692)
My first guess is that the list will be made up by his fellow heir-to-the-throne peers or those who are closer in age ie: the UK's Earl of Wessex. (Pregnant Sophie may choose to sit this out.) Also, those who would be the heirs of Greece, Italy, etc...

The Prince of Wales has for so far attended almost all major events in the Netherlands (investiture Queen Beatrix, 60th birthday party Queen Beatrix, wedding Prince of Orange, funeral Prince Claus, etc.). The Prince of Wales seems to know the Prince of Orange from early on since he has studied in Llantwit Major (Wales) and has visited the Prince and Princess of Wales regularly.

See this picture.

I hope to see the Prince of Wales bringing two people to make their début on a grand foreign royal event: The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince William!

:flowers:

RachelD 08-09-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M. (Post 651699)

I hope to see the Prince of Wales bringing two people to make their début on a grand foreign royal event: The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince William!

:flowers:

That would be so awesome!!! :biggrin:

lucien 08-09-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M. (Post 651699)
The Prince of Wales has for so far attended almost all major events in the Netherlands (investiture Queen Beatrix, 60th birthday party Queen Beatrix, wedding Prince of Orange, funeral Prince Claus, etc.). The Prince of Wales seems to know the Prince of Orange from early on since he has studied in Llantwit Major (Wales) and has visited the Prince and Princess of Wales regularly.

See this picture.

I hope to see the Prince of Wales bringing two people to make their début on a grand foreign royal event: The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince William!
:flowers:

Highly unlikely Henri,august 31st is the Memorial at Westminster Abbey the PoW and both sons attend,to be partying the next day would gave another "damned of he does,dammed if he doesn't" situation,so no.Hope this remains the "ONE" thread where this will not further be discussed ad nauseam.Or maybe he gives us all a thrill and shows up with dear Camilla on saturday the first,still,highly unlikely tho.

Don't think any of the Savoia's will be coming,apart from that I doubt they're invited at all,not so close relations i.e. not close friends.Hope for Felipe and Letizia,Fred and Mary and their Greek cousins,Haakon and Mette-Marit ofcourse,and Filip and Mathilde,the von Amsberg cousins,Sayn-Wittgenstein's,Waldburg-Zeil's,Oeyenhausen's,Bismarcks,and what have we not,it will be a fantastic gathering no doubt,and hope for the Weather Gods to have mercy upon us all,for a change,so we can all enjoy the Royal fireworks from the colonnades in the Palace gardens.:angel:

dazzling 08-09-2007 07:13 PM

will they release a list of other royals who would be attending? a programme?

Empress 08-23-2007 12:09 PM

Hi everyone, we've reopened this thread. Let's try and keep the speculation to a minimum shall we? Please only report facts.

Princess Robijn 08-23-2007 04:29 PM

- Fotographers will have the chance for a grouppicture outside and pictures of the arrival of the guests (only with good weather)
- Fotographers will have the chance for a grouppicture inside (only with bad weather)
- The Princes of Orange will take their daughters, with bad weather there will be a small fotoshoot inside.

carlota 08-23-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 651756)
will they release a list of other royals who would be attending? a programme?

just as dazzling asked, are there any confirmed guests or a programme just now? it's only a week until the party, so i guess they will be releasing it soon...

Princess Robijn 08-23-2007 04:55 PM

September 1: 18.45 The Princess of Orange and their daughters arrive at Paleis Het Loo. After that the guests will start to arrive. around 19.15 the grouppicture will be taken.

Kelly 08-23-2007 09:46 PM

Such wonderful news! We will be able to see the little princesses!

Marengo 08-23-2007 11:21 PM

Well, that is certainly more than I expected. We didn´t get a grouppicture during the Queens 60th birthday I believe, but I am looking forward to this one.

lucien 08-24-2007 03:10 AM

At present the agenda of the RH website is blank,maybe some more info is added in connection with the birthday events as otherwise there's never a blank when engagements/functions are added to it.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Princess Robijn 08-24-2007 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 656689)
At present the agenda of the RH website is blank,maybe some more info is added in connection with the birthday events as otherwise there's never a blank when engagements/functions are added to it.
Het Koninklijk Huis

It's been blank for a few days now, maybe they are still waiting for the last responds :D

Marengo 08-24-2007 05:19 AM

Probably they are. Did other courts announce some representation on their websites? usually the scandinavians are quicker in those things than the Dutch. I recall that they had their presence at the wedding of WA and Maxima listed on their public sheduele long before the Dutch announced the guestlist, for example.

Avalon 08-24-2007 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 651741)
Highly unlikely Henri,august 31st is the Memorial at Westminster Abbey the PoW and both sons attend,to be partying the next day would gave another "damned of he does,dammed if he doesn't" situation,so no.Hope this remains the "ONE" thread where this will not further be discussed ad nauseam.Or maybe he gives us all a thrill and shows up with dear Camilla on saturday the first,still,highly unlikely tho.

For the same reason I doubt The Earl and Countess of Wessex will attend: they are both going to the memorial service. Princess Anne, on the other hand, doesn't have any engagements untill September 3 (highly unusual for her), she is not listed among those, who are going the the memorial as well, so I find it likely she will represent the British Royal Family.

I'm very exited by the event, especially the group picture - I didn't expect there would be one.

norwegianne 08-24-2007 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 656717)
Probably they are. Did other courts announce some representation on their websites? usually the scandinavians are quicker in those things than the Dutch. I recall that they had their presence at the wedding of WA and Maxima listed on their public sheduele long before the Dutch announced the guestlist, for example.

Nothing on the calendar in Denmark - the Norwegian one hasn't yet been update to include events in September, and the Swedish one is usually just updated for a week at the time.
:flowers:

Henri M. 08-24-2007 06:27 AM

Public vs private
 
The Royal House has always been unclear in their information policy.

Somewhere I can imagine that they consider this event as a private event, to mark the 40th birthday of HRH The Prince of Orange. This means no information is given on the website of the Royal House, which is -in essence- instrumental to the constititional and official duties of the members of the Royal House.

At the other hand, even the annual Address from the Throne is never scheduled in the agenda of the Royal House, while I can not imagine too many more official and constitutional than this. (Article 65 Constitution: A statement of the policy to be pursued by the Government shall be given by or on behalf of The King before a joint assembly of the two Chambers of the States-General, which shall be held every year on the third Tuesday in September or on such earlier date as may be prescribed by Act.)

Experiences with the Royal House website have learned that they are very restraint in giving information on beforehand. Not seldom just the day before or on the day itself an incomplete guestlist will be issued, to be completed áfter the event.... I don't know the reason for this.

Let me take the official guestlist to the wedding of The Prince of Orange. We may assume it will be a sort of subdued version of it (no Sovereigns but Heirs).

This would result in a list more or less like this:

The Duke and Duchess of Brabant
The Prince and Princess Laurent of Belgium née Coombs
The Archduke and Archduchess Lorenz of Austria-Este, Prince and Princess of Belgium

The Crown Prince and -Princess of Denmark
The Prince and Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg née Princess of Denmark and Greece
The Count and Countess Jefferson-Friedrich von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth née Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
The Earl and Countess of Wessex

The Hereditary Prince and -Princess Aloïs von und zu Liechtenstein née Duchess of Bavaria

The Grand Duke and -Duchess of Luxembourg, Duke and Duchess of Nassau
Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau
The Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau
The Prince and Princess Guillaume of Luxembourg née Weiller, Prince and Princess of Nassau

The Prince of Monaco
The Prince and Princess of Hannover née Princess of Monaco


The Crown Prince and -Princess of Norway
Princess Märtha Louise and mr. Ari Behn

The Prince and Princess of Asturias
The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca

The Crown Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Västergötland

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Duke of Värmland
Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland

The Crown Prince and -Princess of Japan


Prince and Princess Hamzah bin Al Hussein of Jordan née Princess of Jordan
Prince and Princess Hassan bin Talal of Jordan née Sarvath Ikramullah

The Prince and Princess Kardam of Bulgaria, Prince and Princess of Tirnovo, Duke and Duchess of Saxony née Ungria y López

The Prince and Princess Pavlos of the Hellenes, Prince and Princess of Greece and Denmark née Miller
Prince Nicolaos of the Hellenes, Prince of Greece and Denmark

The Prince and Princess von Bismarck née Countess Lippens
The Count and Countess Carl-Eduard von Bismarck

The Count and Countess Franz-Clemens zu Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems née Countess zu Blanckenstein


The Aga and the Begum Khan

Jonkheer and mrs. Michiel Alting von Geusau née Von Perjès Dömölky

The Prince and Princess Georg zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein née Baroness von Maydell

Etc......

Duke of Marmalade 08-24-2007 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M. (Post 656732)
The Aga and the Begum Khan

First casualty ;) maybe the Aga Khan but I highly doubt the woman by his side will be the Begum.

Charlotte1 08-24-2007 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M. (Post 656732)
House.
Let me take the official guestlist to the wedding of The Prince of Orange. We may assume it will be a sort of subdued version of it (no Sovereigns but Heirs).

This would result in a list more or less like this:

The Duke and Duchess of Brabant
The Prince and Princess Laurent of Belgium née Coombs
The Archduke and Archduchess Lorenz of Austria-Este, Prince and Princess of Belgium

The Crown Prince and -Princess of Denmark
The Prince and Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg née Princess of Denmark and Greece
The Count and Countess Jefferson-Friedrich von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth née Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
The Earl and Countess of Wessex

The Hereditary Prince and -Princess Aloïs von und zu Liechtenstein née Duchess of Bavaria

The Grand Duke and -Duchess of Luxembourg, Duke and Duchess of Nassau
Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau
The Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau
The Prince and Princess Guillaume of Luxembourg née Weiller, Prince and Princess of Nassau

The Prince of Monaco
The Prince and Princess of Hannover née Princess of Monaco

The Crown Prince and -Princess of Norway
Princess Märtha Louise and mr. Ari Behn

The Prince and Princess of Asturias
The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca

The Crown Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Västergötland
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Duke of Värmland
Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland

The Crown Prince and -Princess of Japan

Prince and Princess Hamzah bin Al Hussein of Jordan née Princess of Jordan
Prince and Princess Hassan bin Talal of Jordan née Sarvath Ikramullah

The Prince and Princess Kardam of Bulgaria, Prince and Princess of Tirnovo, Duke and Duchess of Saxony née Ungria y López

The Prince and Princess Pavlos of the Hellenes, Prince and Princess of Greece and Denmark née Miller
Prince Nicolaos of the Hellenes, Prince of Greece and Denmark

The Prince and Princess von Bismarck née Countess Lippens
The Count and Countess Carl-Eduard von Bismarck

The Count and Countess Franz-Clemens zu Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems née Countess zu Blanckenstein

The Aga and the Begum Khan

Jonkheer and mrs. Michiel Alting von Geusau née Von Perjès Dömölky

The Prince and Princess Georg zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein née Baroness von Maydell

Etc......

Charles has an official engagement on Sept 1st ( listed on his official site) that would most likely cancel out his and Camilla's potential attendance.

The Japanese royals don't attend birthday celebrations, (they do weddings and funerals) so the Japanese crown prince and princess aren't likely to attend.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises