The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Announcements and Admin (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Having trouble seeing avatars (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/having-trouble-seeing-avatars-13448.html)

acdc1 08-02-2007 11:08 AM

Having trouble seeing avatars

Am I the only one having trouble seeing avatars? I can only see the mods, all other ones have this white square with an x on it. I've never had this trouble before.

Elspeth 08-02-2007 11:19 AM

I can see your avatar just fine, but I did notice that a some of the moderator and admin avatars have disappeared. I wonder if the difference has to do with whether people are using custom avatars or getting them from the galleries.

acdc1 08-02-2007 11:26 AM

It's funny, because I can see mine now, but in five minutes I might not be able to, it happened a couple of minutes ago. I also thought that you could see the ones from the galleries, but not the custom made avatars. It's just odd because I've never had this problem.

norwegianne 08-02-2007 11:29 AM

I can't see yours at the moment. EDit: Nor my own - but I can see Elspeth's.

Tosca 08-02-2007 11:34 AM

I can't see them either. Neither can I see mine.

norwegianne 08-02-2007 11:38 AM

I can see yours, Tosca :flowers:

Elspeth 08-02-2007 11:42 AM

I can't see Tosca's but I can see Norwegianne's. Weird.

I'll let Andy know to have a look at this thread. We seem to have a couple of stray gremlins wandering around the forum.

magnik 08-02-2007 02:15 PM

At the moment I see all your avatars. But in the other threads I can't see for example agm or Acid Burn's avatars.

Btw. at the moment I can't see my own avatar which I saw few minutes ago.

acdc1 08-02-2007 02:20 PM

I can't see any avatars at the moment, Mods or regular. It kind of flucuates between threads whether I can see them or whether I can't. The boxes are starting to get on my nerves.

Elspeth 08-02-2007 04:59 PM

I haven't been having this problem for the last couple of hours. Is anyone else still seeing red x's instead of avatars?

RhapsodyBrat 08-03-2007 08:38 PM

i had trouble seeing my avatar the other day, but i'm connecting this to the Error 500 that i kept getting last week. maybe it's an after-effect of the server move?

acdc1 08-03-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat (Post 649252)
i had trouble seeing my avatar the other day, but i'm connecting this to the Error 500 that i kept getting last week. maybe it's an after-effect of the server move?

That's sort of what I'm thinking. I haven't had trouble seeing any avatars at all today.

Onassis Line 09-06-2007 08:13 AM

I'm also having a problem with my Avatar, every time I log onto the site for a new session and locate one of my posts my Avatar isn't displaying, only the grey box with red cross. I have to go into my profile and upload it all over again.

I've managed to locate this thread but as yet, no answer seems to have been found ?

Elspeth 09-06-2007 11:27 AM

It seems to be OK for most people; I haven't been seeing the red x's since we had a system glitch a couple of days ago. Are you uploading directly from your computer or via a photo-hosting site?

Elspeth 09-06-2007 08:27 PM

Onassis Line, I tried to save your avatar to my computer and upload it from there, but your avatar isn't showing; I'm just getting a generic pattern. I managed to save RhapsodyBrat's avatar OK, which I assume is also a custom avatar, so I'm not sure what the problem is with yours. Could you post it as a photo or an attachment in a post and I'll have another go at uploading it?

Onassis Line 09-06-2007 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth (Post 663479)
Onassis Line, I tried to save your avatar to my computer and upload it from there, but your avatar isn't showing; I'm just getting a generic pattern. I managed to save RhapsodyBrat's avatar OK, which I assume is also a custom avatar, so I'm not sure what the problem is with yours. Could you post it as a photo or an attachment in a post and I'll have another go at uploading it?

Elspeth thank you for your reply, this will be fun, post as a photo eh, no better time to learn how to do that I guess. :ohmy:

I hope I've managed this, if not please do bear with me while I experiment !

YIPPEEEEEEEE !!! I did it.

Elspeth 09-06-2007 10:44 PM

Congratulations!

I saved it on my computer, and it saved as a picture as it should have done, so I used it to replace your avatar (which was showing as a red x in the admin control panel), and it's now showing as a picture, so I hope that sorts it out OK. If you need to upload it again for any reason, you might want to upload it from your post here rather than from however you were doing it before.

Onassis Line 09-06-2007 10:53 PM

Elspeth again, thank you for your kind assistance here. I had uploaded the avatar from my computer but will use the one above should I have any further problems.

And, I've also learnt one method of posting photographs, so can't be all bad :lol:

RhapsodyBrat 09-24-2007 03:11 AM

i think i'm having trouble with avatars again. at home, i don't see a lot of other people's avatars, like Redfern's for example. but right now i'm here at an Internet cafe and i can see some of them, Redfern's included. i've assumed others really don't have one. mine is ok, though.

Elspeth 09-25-2007 09:14 PM

Are you still having the problem? So far we aren't getting other complaints, although that might not mean anything.