The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Which Royal has a good character ? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/which-royal-has-a-good-character-13407.html)

FarahJoy 07-30-2007 04:45 AM

Which Royal has a good character ?

I was wondering which Royal person is known for being easy going and having a good sense of humor... :lol:

meghee2002 07-30-2007 06:12 AM

I think CP. Maxima and CP. Victoria for the females and CP. Fredrick for the males.

tamar 07-30-2007 07:54 AM

In my opinion CP Mathilde has a good and kind character, she is always very kind and respective to Queen Fabiola

MissSaga 07-30-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meghee2002 (Post 647088)
I think CP. Maxima and CP. Victoria for the females and CP. Fredrick for the males.

Yup, I think these are good answers.

bbb 07-30-2007 09:48 AM

good character: Queen Elizabeth II
King Juan Carlos
King Abdullah
(i actually think all the royal families has good character (except for a couple of questionable business deals by minor members or exiled kings with no country)

sense of humor: Queen margrethe
Queen Beatrix
Princess Maxima

easy going: prince frederik
prince haakon
princess mette-marit

RADKER18 07-30-2007 09:58 AM

Princess Stephanie of Monaco is easy going and has a great sense of humor.

chelsea 07-30-2007 10:09 AM

maxima seems to be so nice.

srivishnu 07-30-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarahJoy (Post 647070)
I was wondering which Royal person is known for being easy going and having a good sense of humor... :lol:

HM Queen Elizabeth II of Britain has a good character.

FarahJoy 07-30-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbb (Post 647177)
good character: Queen Elizabeth II
King Juan Carlos
King Abdullah
(i actually think all the royal families has good character (except for a couple of questionable business deals by minor members or exiled kings with no country)

sense of humor: Queen margrethe
Queen Beatrix
Princess Maxima

easy going: prince frederik
prince haakon
princess mette-marit

Uhhhh... :blink:

Well, thank God this does not include HIM Empress Farah Pahlavi who is well known for being very down to earth and having a great sense of humor... despite exile ! But this is part of her character ! :rolleyes:

From what I have seen also King Juan Carlos, Princess Cristina de Borbon, Princess Victoria of Sweden seem to have a good character.

Imagine when they meet with each other, they must have a good time ! :lol:

TheTruth 07-30-2007 12:02 PM

Well Diana could be a really nice person as she could be a coleric one. Like many have said, there were 2 Dianas in one. When the good part of Diana was in front, she was joyful, funny, had a great sense of humour. But when her darkest side came at the surface, you'd better run from her and don't make her believe that you might have betrayed her in anyway. Even some of her closest friends endured this 'tornado'-Diana. She didn't take well reprochs and bad remarks, much like her ex-husband, Charles.

Charles, probably less impulsive than Diana, could be quite angry and difficult as well. There's a story about a very rare car he had. It had broken down and he had an appointment the next day. There were only 2 other cars like his in Europe. Fortunatly there was one which could be borrowed in Scotland. People of his staff drove all night to bring it especially to Highgrove for the prince. When it arrived, Charles came out and said :"My god, it's black ! I hate black." and chose to take another car for his visit.

Both could be nice but when they were both moody, I believe the doors of Kensington Palace could slam hard.:flowers:

bbb 07-30-2007 12:23 PM

i'm sorry i wasn't clear i didn't mean all exiled kings, i was thinking of that guy savoy that got arrested in italy a while back. i sincerely meant no disrespect to anyone,especially HIM Empress Farah Pahlavi, who i think is a beautiful, cultured, classy lady.

FarahJoy 07-31-2007 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbb (Post 647246)
i'm sorry i wasn't clear i didn't mean all exiled kings, i was thinking of that guy savoy that got arrested in italy a while back. i sincerely meant no disrespect to anyone,especially HIM Empress Farah Pahlavi, who i think is a beautiful, cultured, classy lady.

No problem, bbb ! Thanks for your intervention ! :winkiss:

crisscross1 07-31-2007 05:00 AM

I think that Queen Elizableth's sister Princess Margaret would have been easy going and would have had a good sense of humor.
She was portayed as being a bit of a rebel, smoking, drinking, partying with many varied and colourful characters. :queen4: I think she would have been great fun.

Henri M. 07-31-2007 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisscross1 (Post 647441)
I think that Queen Elizableth's sister Princess Margaret would have been easy going and would have had a good sense of humor.
She was portayed as being a bit of a rebel, smoking, drinking, partying with many varied and colourful characters. :queen4: I think she would have been great fun.

I thought the late Princess Margaret was actually almost a witch, with a diamond diademe instead of a broomstick. She was an impossible and demanding lady. She was painfully aware of her extalted birth and you could receive a poisoned reaction if you happened to forget her royal status.

Definitely no good character.

I think we can not say much about characters. Princess Margriet of the Netherlands comes over as a most lovely and endearing lady, always full of compassion and attentive. But there is a story of a few years back about a mistake made by the Guard of Honour outside of Noordeinde Palace. The Queen and her cortčge were to leave the palace to have a seat in a ceremonial procession of horses and gala-carriages to be driven to the Hall of Knights, for her Address from the Throne.

The first carriages were for members of the Household accompanying the royals (hofdames, chamberlains,. etc.). The Guard of Honour will play a music but the standardbearer will not bow down the royal standard to greet them. Then the royal carriages came. First one for Princess Margriet and prof. Van Vollenhoven. The standardbearer forgot to bow down the royal standard. But he did for the royals taking place in the other following carriages.

It seems that the Princess, returned in the palace, exploded about such a futile detail: how dáre the Guard not to lower down the standard for her? Since when she was no longer a Princess of the blood royal? A reprimand was made to the Commander of that day's Guard of Honour outside the palace.

So you see how tricky it can be to label royals as 'good character'. The always so easygoing Princess Margriet can suddenly freeze and become strict in honours to be presented to her, to acknowledge her royal status. With other words: you simply never know.

FarahJoy 07-31-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M. (Post 647449)
I thought the late Princess Margaret was actually almost a witch, with a diamond diademe instead of a broomstick. She was an impossible and demanding lady. She was painfully aware of her extalted birth and you could receive a poisoned reaction if you happened to forget her royal status.

Definitely no good character.

Interesting, Henri M.

Well, I heard once on TV that Princess Margaret always suffered of being "second best" and to see her Royal sister receiving all of the honors. So I am not surprised that she was a demanding Lady. Most probably she wanted to remind people of her existance. However, she could have chosen to build herself a good image by being agreable an attentive to others... This was her choice, anyway...

I have been working in the domain of luxury and and can spot right away someone who really is a Great Lady : they are very simple, good mannered and down to earth. Usually, only arrivists are snobish or demanding... Most of the time this is what makes the difference ! ;)

Beatrice 07-31-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RADKER18 (Post 647183)
Princess Stephanie of Monaco is easy going and has a great sense of humor.

that's true!
also Prince Ernst of Hannover and Princess Caroline of Monaco:rose2:

TheTruth 07-31-2007 12:46 PM

I remember Diana sharing her anxiousness about her marriage with Grace of Monaco. She replied : "Don't worry. It gets worse.":rofl:

Turkish Delight 03-28-2009 02:29 PM

I think Maxima & Mathilde.

Royal Fan 03-28-2009 02:49 PM

Prince William of Wales Lady Gabriella Windsor QEII

QUEENECE29 03-28-2009 02:57 PM

A very difficult question. Because we do not recognize the true meaning, but in front of press and public attitude, as my position and geniality to vote:

King Baudion, Princess Grace Kelly, Princess Diana

Queen Margerethe, Princess Mathilde, Prince William, Prince Hakoon, Princess Martha Louisa