The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/)
-   -   Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : July 2007 - Oct.2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/prince-albert-and-charlene-wittstock-current-events-1-july-2007-oct-2007-a-13185.html)

Zonk 07-06-2007 05:34 PM

Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : July 2007 - Oct.2007

Welcome to the thread to discuss the Current Events of Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock.

Please remember the following:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
  • The purpose of the thread is to discuss events that are attended by both Albert and Charlene. Any posts that don't adhere to this policy will be deleted.
And please have a look at the TRF Posting Rules and FAQs, and the Photo Posting Rules.

Happy Posting!

iceflower 07-07-2007 03:04 AM

Here's a link with many more additional pics to the three Ianna has already posted: Albert and Charlene
attending the white party on 29 June 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Deadline picture gallery

anag 07-07-2007 10:25 AM

I don't think Charlene looks bad in that dress. It's probably one of the better fashion choices she's made. She seems chummy with the kids...

Ani

RADKER18 07-07-2007 11:53 AM

I like the all white look they both look great

paca 07-07-2007 12:58 PM

There is another German tabloid article in the print version of aktuelle. It is entitled happy moments in Monaco. I guess this week the made almost all tabloids with their private life. Considering that Albert always claimed how he wanted to protect his private life, he seems to be failing since he became sovereign prince. Or did he make the same discovery as Rainier that the family life attracts publicity....

Josefine 07-07-2007 01:03 PM

in sweden there are always reports on victoria and daniel and how they sson will get engaged its been like that for 2 years maybe,
How about albert and his girlfriend, do they (media) see her like the next princess of monaco or only someone he is dating just now?

lilae 07-07-2007 02:11 PM

It depends which tabloid is gossiping.

royal pauper 07-07-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paca (Post 637653)
There is another German tabloid article in the print version of aktuelle. It is entitled happy moments in Monaco. I guess this week the made almost all tabloids with their private life. Considering that Albert always claimed how he wanted to protect his private life, he seems to be failing since he became sovereign prince. Or did he make the same discovery as Rainier that the family life attracts publicity....

When you don't have nothing else to show bringing attention to your private life is the way to be in the papers. Look at all those "celebrities".

paca 07-07-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royal pauper (Post 637691)
When you don't have nothing else to show bringing attention to your private life is the way to be in the papers. Look at all those "celebrities".

Except that Albert is not a celebrity (or shouldn't be) he is a head of state and should make headlines through his work and achievements rather then through whom he is sleeping with and whether or not it will be longterm or short term. Also there is a difference between him and other royals as he can actually govern whereas those have to represent the country no matter which government is reigning it and whether or not they agree with their policy. Albert is so used to accepting someone elses politics that he forgot that he is actually the one who should be making them in Monaco. Silly really.

royal pauper 07-07-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paca (Post 637706)
Except that Albert is not a celebrity (or shouldn't be) he is a head of state and should make headlines through his work and achievements rather then through whom he is sleeping with and whether or not it will be longterm or short term. Also there is a difference between him and other royals as he can actually govern whereas those have to represent the country no matter which government is reigning it and whether or not they agree with their policy. Albert is so used to accepting someone elses politics that he forgot that he is actually the one who should be making them in Monaco. Silly really.

It just shows that he is a silly older man whom had lowered himself from a "royal" status to a celebrity status in less then a two years.
I guess we all had a high expectations for him. He was always just a playboy/party guy and that who he will remained. Charlene goes perfect with his image.

goody7058 07-07-2007 04:45 PM

:lol:Pr.Albert and Charlene are just friends. They like hanging out with each other because they don't have to prove anything to anyone.

Lady Jennifer 07-07-2007 07:01 PM

Let's move on. This thread is for their current events. Not to analyze their relationship.

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

lilae 07-08-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paca (Post 637706)

I second that...He has to rule his country with National Council (and perhaps he should clean...) but it's more difficult than parading with his girlfriend.

hibou 07-08-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilae (Post 638037)
I second that...He has to rule his country with National Council (and perhaps he should clean...) but it's more difficult than parading with his girlfriend.

Speaking of girlfriend someone on another forum posted that gala magazine has a blurb that Albert bought Charlene the black audi she was photographed standing by in her ad for Audi. Can anyone here get a hold of the article to see what it says?

Zonk 07-08-2007 11:10 AM

Let's stay on topic as already requested by Lady Jennifer...the current events of Albert and Charlene. Future off topic posts will be deleted.

paca 07-08-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou (Post 638047)
Speaking of girlfriend someone on another forum posted that gala magazine has a blurb that Albert bought Charlene the black audi she was photographed standing by in her ad for Audi. Can anyone here get a hold of the article to see what it says?

French gala claims that she bought herself an audi coupe and considers it a sign that she is going to stay in Monaco for some time. I believe it is the same that she was photographed with. I heard that she doesn't have a license, but in any case I never saw her drive. But Albert was just recently presented with a new toyota, which he will be using as his official car. Do other royals accept that sort of thing? I know he is considered " mean as they come" when it comes down to money matters, but personally I don't think it is a good idea to be billionaire and accept those kinds of presents. But then again, he didn't mind having all his arctic trips sponsored. So apparently he thinks it is ok having others pay for him.

Jaya 07-08-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paca (Post 638053)
French gala claims that she bought herself an audi coupe and considers it a sign that she is going to stay in Monaco for some time. I believe it is the same that she was photographed with. I heard that she doesn't have a license, but in any case I never saw her drive. But Albert was just recently presented with a new toyota, which he will be using as his official car. Do other royals accept that sort of thing? I know he is considered " mean as they come" when it comes down to money matters, but personally I don't think it is a good idea to be billionaire and accept those kinds of presents. But then again, he didn't mind having all his arctic trips sponsored. So apparently he thinks it is ok having others pay for him.

Quite a baffling situation if indeed CW does not have a license and buys an automobile as a sign that she will stay in Monaco for some time. The actual sign of permanent residence in Monaco would be the betrothal ring and not the automobile one would think. JMO
As for PA accepting "perks" could be linked to his sense of entitlement but I do agree with you paca that as a billionaire he should not accept those kinds of presents.I did not know that his arctic trips were sponsored so that proves my theory of the sense of entitlement and I think PA & CW have this in common apparently.imo she to prolong her stay in Monaco; he to accept "perks"
thanks paca

Lady Jennifer 07-08-2007 01:06 PM

This is the 3rd time in less than 24 hrs that we've had to ask to please stay on topic. This is a current events thread, not a thread about Charlene buying a car, moving to Monaco, Albert parading Charlene around, etc.

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

MyAdia 07-16-2007 07:08 AM

Here’s a link to a video (click on BREVES.mov under date 16 Juillet if the movie doesn't pop up) of Prince Albert and Charlene attending the Chef des Chef dinner last Friday night. It seems that Albert has almost shaved off all of his hair.

goody7058 07-16-2007 12:15 PM

:lol::rofl:Albert didn't shave off his hair he had close trim.