The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Denmark (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg's Official Biography (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/alexandra-countess-of-frederiksborgs-official-biography-13062.html)

carlota 06-24-2007 07:12 AM

Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg's Official Biography

hey!
i was trying to find an official biography of alexandra and since she is not a member of the royal house anymore, her official bio isn't there anymore. i was wondering if someone has it or if someone has a reliable biography of her to post.
thanks in advance!

LadyK 06-24-2007 08:48 AM

Since Alexandra's bio is gone from the royal website, it is a little harder to find (I kind of thought she'd have her own website, but she doesn't). I did find a Hello! Magazine profile that was pretty good.

"The Countess of Frederiksborg: Hello! Magazine Profile

magnik 06-24-2007 09:14 AM

More or less official
Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

alex001 07-05-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnik (Post 630450)

However, I wouldn't trust it - I've seen it saying that she was pregnant before, when she wasn't. I'd be more likely to trust the Hello! profile.

ricarda 07-06-2007 09:38 AM

Although I agree that Wikipedia isn't always the most relieable source
the infos which are given about Alexandra at the moment are correct.
The Hello profiles aren't to be trusted at all in general.
The one about Alexandra gives at least 3 misinformations.
1. She didn't buy the house where she is currently living, Queen Margrethe did.
2. She gave her first public speech in Danish a few days and not a few months before the wedding.
3. According to kongehuset's official page of Alexandra which now no longer exists Alexandra speaks Danish, English, German and French. Cantonese and Japanese were not listed.
These are only little things of course but it shows how untrustworthy the Hello profiles are.

norwegianne 07-06-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricarda (Post 637177)
Although I agree that Wikipedia isn't always the most relieable source
the infos which are given about Alexandra at the moment are correct.
The Hello profiles aren't to be trusted at all in general.
The one about Alexandra gives at least 3 misinformations.
1. She didn't buy the house where she is currently living, Queen Margrethe did.

Prince Joachim did, actually.
Quote:

2. She gave her first public speech in Danish a few days and not a few months before the wedding.

She gave the speech 15. November - and the wedding was 18. November.
Quote:

3. According to kongehuset's official page of Alexandra which now no longer exists Alexandra speaks Danish, English, German and French. Cantonese and Japanese were not listed.

There is an interview from Se & HÝr where the private secretary of Alex and Joachim states that she is learning Mandarin. The same article also mentions her knowing Cantonese. How well she knows any of it, I wouldn't presume to know. http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royal...cle%20224.aspx
Quote:

These are only little things of course but it shows how untrustworthy the Hello profiles are.

I wouldn't trust the Hello profiles more than I trust the Wikipedia ones. The first ones seem to have a lack of good researchers/translators, and the second ones can be edited by anyone. :flowers:

alex001 10-24-2007 04:23 PM

She has a website now where you can take it from:
Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg

EmpressRouge 10-24-2007 04:48 PM

The Hello! profiles are overly nice and praising of their subjects. Although wikipedia can be edited by anyone, they check it to make sure it's as unbiased as possible.

sirhon11234 10-25-2007 02:55 PM

I wish the background on her official site was more lighter then this red.

politikgirl 04-12-2008 09:14 PM

I too am curious about why the biography doesn't say that she speaks Cantonese and Japanese, which the old one did.

alex001 04-13-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by politikgirl (Post 752880)
I too am curious about why the biography doesn't say that she speaks Cantonese and Japanese, which the old one did.

Maybe she can speak some Japanese, but not enough to qualify as fluent?

ricarda 04-14-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

The old one did not.
I saved it and it's exactly the same that is now online on her own homepage,
with the addition of her 2nd marriage.

politikgirl 04-14-2008 08:46 PM

Oh, my bad, I thought the old one did. Thanks for the info. :)

GlitteringTiaras 05-01-2008 03:14 AM

Here are some old video links that would add to her biography when she was a Princess of Denmark.:flowers:

alex001 05-01-2008 11:35 AM

Thanks GlitteringTiaras, those clips are great - I'd never seen her engagement interviews before.

HRH Kerry 05-01-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

I know that her Wikipedia biography stated she at least spoke Cantonese. But that's Wiki.

marmi 05-01-2008 11:17 PM

I was watching a video that GT posted somewhere, only in the last couple of days, showing the time of the J & A's engagement, and she certainly said that she spoke a little Cantonese.

Lakshmi 05-02-2008 12:00 AM

Countess's web site from post #9 is quite informative, it's not bad but it shouldn't be red( my poor eyes:blink: ). I wonder who created this website, is it Alexandra private website? Has royal family something ot to with it?

RE languages: I think if she spoke even little Cantonese her website would say that.

marmi 05-02-2008 12:22 AM

I have found the video, she is discussing Cantonese and Mandarin about two minutes in. ;) :flowers:

Raniaf4 03-05-2009 02:44 PM

How old is Martin?