The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   Christening of Infanta Sofía; July 15, 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/christening-of-infanta-sof-a-july-15-2007-a-13016.html)

lula 06-19-2007 05:30 AM

Christening of Infanta Sofía; July 15, 2007

ABC.es: nacional - nacional - La Infanta Sofía será bautizada el 15 de julio en el Palacio de la Zarzuela

The Infanta Sofía will be baptized on July 15 in the Palace of la Zarzuela

The Infanta Sofía, the second daughter of the Princes of Asturias and octave of the grandchildren of the Kings, will be baptized next Sunday, the 15th of July, in the Palace of la Zarzuela, by Paloma Rocasolano, mother grandmother, and Kostantin of Bulgaria, prince of Vadin, as godparents, informed Efe a speaker of the Palace of La Zarzuela.

Paty 06-19-2007 05:44 AM

Great news....!!!
I love that Paloma will be the Godmother!

Duke of Marmalade 06-19-2007 05:55 AM

Paloma will feel honored, that's for sure! More good news for her after what she has been through in the past months.
My guess was either Paloma or Telma but given Telma is working abroad all the time it's a good thing to chose Paloma. She can see Sofia whenever she wants and might play an active role in her life.
It must be an immense joy for Letizia's grandparents too. It's amazing three of them are still alive with Letizia already being in her mid-thirties. Being able to see great-grandchildren growing up is something very special.

lula 06-19-2007 06:02 AM

A curious thing. The Prince Felipe is the godfather of Sofía, the daughter of Konstantin. A nice correspondence.:lol:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00030692.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00030689.jpg

Lucidu 06-19-2007 06:31 AM

Great new!! I pressed to see the family...

Nichola 06-19-2007 06:48 AM

I can't wait...not long to wait either!:smile:

lis 06-19-2007 07:08 AM

It is so great to have a date to see all them again... I love the grandparents they have chosen

princess leonor 06-19-2007 07:58 AM

Great news and an absolutely great choise of godparents. I especialy love Paloma as godmother. :wub: Can't wait to see them

Little_star 06-19-2007 09:14 AM

Excellent, that's my sister's birthday!

It's nice to hear Paloma is godmother, I'm sure she must be overjoyed.

biboquinhas 06-19-2007 09:23 AM

I cannot understand why the second child don't have the right to have the same baptism has their sisters and brothers! This will be a very private cerimony so we just are going to wait for one or two official photos IMO.

lula 06-19-2007 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 628503)
I cannot understand why the second child don't have the right to have the same baptism has their sisters and brothers! This will be a very private cerimony so we just are going to wait for one or two official photos IMO.

All the grandsons of the Kings, from Froilán to Leonor, have been baptized in a private ceremony in the Palace of the Zarzuela. Later the Royal House has distributed the video and the photos. It is going to be like the rest.

Duke of Marmalade 06-19-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 628504)
All the grandsons of the Kings, from Froilán to Leonor, have been baptized in a private ceremony in the Palace of the Zarzuela. Later the Royal House has distributed the video and the photos. It is going to be like the rest.

Will the press be present? I remember on Irene's baptism and especially on Leonor's there were plenty of pics and it seemed that TV and press was present. But this event will be in the evening - was it the same with the other baptisms? Can't really remember.

So we won't see any pics before late eve Sunday or even Monday? Can't imagine they will only publish two or three pictures as for example on Leonor's first birthday.

lula 06-19-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 628515)
Will the press be present? I remember on Irene's baptism and especially on Leonor's there were plenty of pics and it seemed that TV and press was present. But this event will be in the evening - was it the same with the other baptisms? Can't really remember.

So we won't see any pics before late eve Sunday or even Monday? Can't imagine they will only publish two or three pictures as for example on Leonor's first birthday.

To this type of acts only it has access TVE and the Agency EFE, which are the television and the agency of public news in Spain. Later the Royal Household, it can allow the access to some journalists, of the most important mass media that cover habitually the whole official activity of the Royal Family. The images are publicized in all that it finishes the baptism. It will be like in Leonor's baptism.

Marie7 06-19-2007 10:11 AM

Great news! It's sweet that Paloma is the Godmother.

Duke of Marmalade 06-19-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 628520)
To this type of acts only it has access TVE and the Agency EFE, which are the television and the agency of public news in Spain. Later the Royal Household, it can allow the access to some journalists, of the most important mass media that cover habitually the whole official activity of the Royal Family. The images are publicized in all that it finishes the baptism. It will be like in Leonor's baptism.

Thanks Lula for explaining :flowers: Leonor's baptism produced tons of pics so looking forward to the event!

Aurora810 06-19-2007 12:14 PM

This is great news and I can hardly wait for pictures. I like the selection of godparents this time around.

crm2317 06-19-2007 12:39 PM

Thats great choice of godparents! Im going to be away for both Lillepigen's and Sofia's baptisms. Well at least I'll have something to look forward to when I come home:flowers:

dazzling 06-19-2007 01:11 PM

Finally a date released, maybe this will also be a small event just like leonors. Godparents are a good choice, letizia's mother must be very honored she was choosen. Looking forward to this event.

adelaide 06-19-2007 01:24 PM

Excellent choice, to tribute at Paloma Rocasolano being her the godmother seems to me so fantastic; Yes we can say it's absolutly normal that the Letizia's mother will be elected as a goodmother, but if it's totally adeccuate nothing obliged the Princes to do that. Actally, I was quiet sure that they do that.
For the goodfather, it's a very good idea to choose the Prince Constantin of Bulgaria, very closer friend of the Princes of Asturias.

very good choice, by personnal tate I should preferd a sooner date to see quickly the litttle Sofia, but now we know the date we can hopr with much tranquility.

fanprincipesasturi 06-19-2007 01:51 PM

Libertad Digital: La Infanta Doña Sofía será bautizada el día 15 de julio en la Zarzuela