The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 1: May 2007 - March 2010 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/charlene-wittstocks-fashion-and-style-part-1-may-2007-march-2010-a-12825.html)

Lakshmi 05-24-2007 01:17 AM

Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 1: May 2007 - March 2010

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyS
Found this site with a brief note that Charlene is driving a new Audi TT.

Charlene Wittstock Drives New Audi TT | The Garage

There is also one photo and an apparent press release from Audi.

Beautiful car. Charlene's look could have been more finished in that pic. Especially her hair could be better done(combed). She seems not to be styled for professional photo shot.

Countess Lissa 05-24-2007 08:22 AM

it is a lovely car! i dont think Audi would do a promo shoot without professional makeup artist and hairstylists. maybe they were going for the natural look.,

Lady Jennifer 05-24-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countess Lissa
it is a lovely car! i dont think Audi would do a promo shoot without professional makeup artist and hairstylists. maybe they were going for the natural look.,

Its a very casual shot. One that works well for the setting I think.

bbb 05-24-2007 08:54 AM

does she not own anything else to wear but halter tops? halter tops for dressy, halter tops for casual. what's odd is they don't become her body type with those wide shoulders and little head, doesn't she look at photos of herself? is it in the job description of official companion, rule #1 halter tops are to be worn whether they look good on you or not.

hibou 05-24-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbb
does she not own anything else to wear but halter tops? halter tops for dressy, halter tops for casual. what's odd is they don't become her body type with those wide shoulders and little head, doesn't she look at photos of herself? is it in the job description of official companion, rule #1 halter tops are to be worn whether they look good on you or not.

Hi bbb,
While I agree with everyting you've said they are her trade mark as that is mostly all we have seen her in, so I can see why she posed in them - it's Charlene.

rarotonga 05-26-2007 12:34 PM

CW's outfit at the fashion show reminds me of the infamous dress Eva Sannum, the Prince of Asturia's ex-girlfriend, wore to the Norwegian CP wedding reception - aesthetically offensive.

tammy81 05-26-2007 02:36 PM

I saw the pics and I have to say her outfit really is a bad choice....to put it nicely.....

Jaya 05-26-2007 03:59 PM

Fashion show pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammy81
I saw the pics and I have to say her outfit really is a bad choice....to put it nicely.....

I reviewed the pics from the fashion show that Miss Wittstock attended with HSH Prince Albert.The deep purple which photographed as sulfuric blue trademark halter dress [with grommets and laces down the front of the neckline} that Miss Wittsock sported was in a garish shade that does not become anybody's colouring and was unflattering as a result on this occasion.It contrasted nicely however I thought with the Jean Harlow like shade of her hair retouched.The textile of the halter dress if my eyes do not betray me was duchesse satin which shines & is primarily utilized in Las Vegas, theatrical personalities and back in my day we used it for our robes, pajamas and linings of our suits and coats.For Miss Wittsock's theoretical height the length of the skirt was short to create symmetry and exposed what to me and Chanel is part of the anatomy that is optically difficult; the knee ;or kneecaps.Miss Wittsock's knees along with those of all women should be covered whether jutting like promontories or rounder like Betty Grable's.I did not discern a waist in her silhouette which is a critical factor of a beauteous figure.Further, I thought I saw lame[silver] shoes[ with a strap at or above the ankle] and matching beaded handbag which should have been black or any other colour as lame is reserved again for the dancefloors, ballrooms & theater. Once again shoes that tie at or above the ankle are to signify an affinity for ballet[I am hopeful] and dancing and worn inside the lengths of evening gowns. I thought there was a lack of sophistication in the selection of such an ensemble and possibly appropriateness for the occasion and that Miss Wittsock has no apparent aesthetic sensibility of magnitude which touches or inspires me personally, hence no matured aesthetic endurance against time yet in my opinion alone..JMO.

Lillia 05-26-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaya
I reviewed the pics from the fashion show that Miss Wittstock attended with HSH Prince Albert.The sulfuric blue trademark halter top that Miss Wittsock sported was in a garish shade that does not become anybody's colouring and was unflattering as a result on this occasion.It contrasted nicely however I thought with the Jean Harlow like shade of her hair retouched.The textile of the halter top if my eyes do not betray me was duchesse satin which shines & is primarily utilized in Las Vegas, theatrical personalities and back in my day we used it for our robes, pajamas and linings of our suits and coats.For Miss Wittsock's theoretical height the length of the skirt was short to create symmetry and exposed what to me and Chanel is part of the anatomy that is optically difficult; the knee ;or kneecaps.Miss Wittsock's knees along with those of all women should be covered whether jutting like promontories or rounder like Betty Grable's.I did not discern a waist in her silhouette which is a critical factor of a beauteous figure.Further, I thought I saw lame[silver] shoes[ that tie at the ankle] and matching handbag which should have been black or any other colour as lame is reserved again for the dancefloors, ballrooms & theater. Once again shoes that tie at the ankle are to signify an affinity for ballet[I am hopeful] and dancing and worn inside the lengths of long evening gowns. I thought there was a lack of sophistication in the selection of such an ensemble and possibly appropriateness for the occasion and that Miss Wittsock has no apparent aesthetic sensibility of magnitude which touches or inspires me personally, hence no matured aesthetic endurance against time yet in my opinion alone..JMO.

well, alright then ;) .

:flowers:

anybody have any pics of this 'outfit'?

Avalon 05-26-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillia
well, alright then ;) .

:flowers:
anybody have any pics of this 'outfit'?

Here is a gallery of pictures from Polfoto, where you can see many pictures of them.
Though I'm not a fan of dress as well, I would say Charlene looks quite nice. :smile:

Zonk 05-26-2007 05:15 PM

Avalon...thank you for the pics.

I actually thinks she looks nice. But we all have different perferences.

Maybe not princess material but she is not a princess is she. But then again....Stephanie has worn some questionable items as well and she is a princess.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1066424414
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1066425018
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1121809822

Avalon 05-26-2007 05:36 PM

You're welcome Zonk. :flowers:
I actualy find these two pictures of the couple (first picture, second picture) from Abaca Pictures Gallery quite nice.

shappica 05-26-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk
Maybe not princess material but she is not a princess is she. But then again....Stephanie has worn some questionable items as well and she is a princess.

Yes, but Stephanie is princess by birth! IMO there's a big difference between how two types of princesses (royalty in general) can and should behave....

I didn't like CW dress either. And I ALWAYS seem to notice her shoulders before anything else...

Zonk 05-26-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shappica
Yes, but Stephanie is princess by birth! IMO there's a big difference between how two types of princesses (royalty in general) can and should behave....

I didn't like CW dress either. And I ALWAYS seem to notice her shoulders before anything else...

Well...as I stated its all about personal choice and you certainly don't have to like her dress.

As for your first statement...I am a little confused. Because Stephanie is a princess by birth she can wear daring dressess but a girlfriend or companion can not? When it comes down to it...who is really representing Monaco...Stephanie or Charlene. There is no need to answer here...I would hate to throw the thread off track.....I will also pose the question here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...e-11841-8.html

Alison20 05-26-2007 07:20 PM

I rather liked the shoes (dancing or otherwise) but I must say I think she was a little unwise with the dress. A lot of modern dresses are quite revealing, but this did not look too 'classy'.

What little I have seen of Charlene makes me think she is a pleasant girl, but perhaps a little out of her depth (no pun intended) among European royalty. However, I am sure she could learn if given the right guidance. But who is there in Monaco who could (or would want to) take her under their wing and give the advice? If Princess Grace was alive, and she liked her, she would be ideal. But she isn't. And I have a feeling that neither Caroline nor Stephanie would do it. (Of course, I could be quite wrong.)

I just feel that Albert is going to have to take the plunge (sorry, another Freudian slip) soon and find someone to marry. He is getting older, and his girlfriends are still young. That could lead to a generation gap causing problems in the future. He shows no interest in woment nearer his age - although this would limit the chances of him producing an heir.

pinklady1991 05-26-2007 08:04 PM

As one who spends a fortune with a good colorist and who likes the sun and sitting poolside in the summer, I can assure you that Charlene won't be doing any training in the near future. Even with a bathing cap, she could expose her hair to chlorine. The results: green. And I mean a horrible shade of green that takes the most experienced colorists a heck of a lot of time and effort to neutralize. (Not personal experience, but first hand.)

I'm not sure that if I were Charlene I would have gone to a fashion show, knowing I was sitting in the front row looking like that. She was ready for a nightclub...Albert on the other hand looked like he was going to a college interview. Was this a daytime affair? I'm totally confused...

brother 05-26-2007 09:07 PM

no class, I'm sorry . and that's not an outfit you wear whn you are the guest of a head of state. she looks like a waitress, very las vegas show girl.

TheQueen 05-26-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brother
no class, I'm sorry . and that's not an outfit you wear whn you are the guest of a head of state. she looks like a waitress, very las vegas show girl.

Obviously Albert didn't mind her outfit. I think he would have made her change if he had. What about the outfit that the woman on the other side of Albert is wearing?

Callaghan 05-27-2007 12:34 AM

Well now, perhaps she could have gotten away with wearing something shiny and low cut, or perhaps she could have gotten away with something low cut and not shiny...but shiny, low cut AND (dear God help us) laced loosely down the front to just above the abdomen.

Well, let us hope someone explains how encompassing three such in your face signifiers of "availability" in one outfit is a bit much...especially when your date is wearing kakhis and a navy blazer.

Had they both been dressed for the evening it would not be so jarring.
Albert looks like he's going to an afternoon luncheon with his aunt and picked up Paris Hilton on the way.

LadyMichelle 05-27-2007 05:37 AM

No class.

No, class, definitly.

Please take a look of her way to look the girl talking with Albert... :rolleyes:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...96_POLFOTO.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...72_POLFOTO.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...71_POLFOTO.jpg

miraglia1983 05-27-2007 10:48 AM

It is my opinion that if Prince Albert has genuine intentions of making Charlene Wittstock his princess in the future and even if he is just in the process of considering it, it is his duty to instruct her and help guide her in the best way possible. This woman obviously needs a lot of guidance in order not to make her look <removed unroyal word> unpresentable to the society he is part of. I am upset at him for not showing her how to appear presentable in public and he is making a mockery of her and himself by not instructing her before she leaves the palace. This woman obviously needs a lot of polishing and he is the one to find advisors who can help her look dignified and classy. Shame on him for not instructing her on how to dress when she is presented to society as his official companion. Poor Charlene, she looked very trashy and would probably would have looked beautiful with a little help from her royal companion.

BurberryBrit 05-27-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyMichelle

Even though I don't like the color/material of the dress, she looks nice here, even though it looks call-girl ish. The woman in black next to her is wearing a body baring dress, but she carries herself much better.

pinklady1991 05-27-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miraglia1983
It is my opinion that if Prince Albert has genuine intentions of making Charlene Wittstock his princess in the future and even if he is just in the process of considering it, it is his duty to instruct her and help guide her in the best way possible. This woman obviously needs a lot of guidance in order not to make her look trashy and unpresentable to the society he is part of. I am upset at him for not showing her how to appear presentable in public and he is making a mockery of her and himself by not instructing her before she leaves the palace. This woman obviously needs a lot of polishing and he is the one to find advisors who can help her look dignified and classy. Shame on him for not instructing her on how to dress when she is presented to society as his official companion. Poor Charlene, she looked very trashy and would probably would have looked beautiful with a little help from her royal companion.

Excellent point and well said. You have to wonder if Albert and his staff is making any effort to help Charlene fit in in some of these occasions. Private time between the two of them and black tie galas she does okay (her taste isn't mine but to each his/her own), but it seems to be these "in-between" functions that present a problem (much as "business casual" does for many people).

Lillia 05-27-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brother

a little bit 'waitress' - true I agree. I know I would not have chosen those shoes that's for sure - but ok, shiny halter dresses and glittery stiletto is her taste at the moment. Aside from the shine, I don't think the dress itself is all that bad, but she could have done a little better. She needs to make friends with someone that has more refined fashion sense (I mean that in a nice way)

CW looks like she's got the Monaco tan going pretty well. She seems to be fine (shiny and all) and he keeps inviting her places...

So then as long as CW keeps that up, she'll be fine with Albert because he's into waitresses (the mothers of his 2 children were 'waitress' - NC was a waitress on an airplane, TR was a waitress in some restaurant somewhere). Just what he likes.:lol:

LadyMichelle 05-27-2007 05:50 PM

Monaco Grand Prix Gala

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...a/74343928.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...a/74343974.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...a/74343925.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...a/74344002.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...a/74344001.jpg

:neutral: :ermm:

Lady Jennifer 05-27-2007 06:05 PM

Nice color on her. She seemed to go for the Greek Toga look with that dress.

LadyMichelle 05-27-2007 06:31 PM

yes...

I agree nice color on her..

But i noticed that her face is not very good... she is only 29 years old... but she looks like my mother that is 46 years old...
She should do something for her skin...

There is also a nice pic http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...a/74343997.jpg

captation: Oh no....i forgot my breast... again. :biggrin:

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

paca 05-27-2007 06:45 PM

Same purse, same shoes (?) as fashion show. Don't like the dress though the colour is fine. Looks like she forgot the other half of her haltertop ....

GlitteringTiaras 05-27-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

:alien:

The caption topic is over here, in the Royal Chit Chat sub-forum, if you chose to participate and say something that is actually funny.

rominet09 05-27-2007 08:02 PM

I really love the dress especially the colour.

Zonk 05-27-2007 08:41 PM

I love the colour and the dress but not on her. They do nothing for her IMO. I thought that purple was a great color on her and the halter top showed off her shoulders...which IMO is a great body feature if done right. And yes, because she is a swimmer she does have broad shoulders...she shouldn't down play it..the purple enhanced it.

This dress while lovely would look better on someone with a different body type.

I would also imagine her skin looks older because of the amount of time spent in the sun. I hope she has been a believer of sun block.

Jaya 05-27-2007 08:59 PM

T-strap lame sandals

The Greeks wore "chitons" & the Romans especially the senators wore "togas." Historically, there is no such thing as a Greek toga.The Spartans wore red capes [a certain shade of yellowed burgundy].
Miss Wittsock has an indescribable glow on this gala evening.Her smile is enigmatic.She is quite radiant.She is wearing T-strap lame silver sandals.There is something more here...

miraglia1983 05-27-2007 09:00 PM

Now that's more like it! Charlene looks very pretty for the gala dinner. Although I am not crazy about the dress, the color is beautiful and flattering. She looks worried she is going to step on it. Her hair and make up look very nice also. She has been in Monaco since the beginning of May, her longest stay so far. This is getting serious. I think he is waiting for her to finish her olympic dream next year to marry her. However, I have noticed her in the company of so many men while waiting for Prince Albert. Let's face it, he is 20 years older than her, a billionaire and a prince, but still, 20 years older. Let's hope they can remain faithful to each other around so much temptation. Charlene is young enough to be able to bear children and give Monaco an heir to the throne. After next year's olympics, there might be wedding bells.

hibou 05-27-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paca
Same purse, same shoes (?) as fashion show. Don't like the dress though the colour is fine. Looks like she forgot the other half of her haltertop ....

It looks like it wasn't properly fitted but it is an attempt at making her look as though she has a bustline- they really did a poor fitting job on the dress. Also she is wearing too much make up - very much from the 1980's TV show dynasty.The style of the dress looks like they tried to combine a Halston with a Mme Greg? (Jaya is that correct?) or perhaps Vionnet? Also something is off in their body lanquage. I have to say that I preferred her dress from last year. Thanks for the pics Lady Jennifer!

Lady Jennifer 05-27-2007 09:50 PM

I don't think she was wearing too much makeup. To me it appears like she is wearing only a bit of makeup. Very subtle.

LadyMacAlpine 05-27-2007 09:59 PM

My only complaint about her is she needs to have her hair done up before she puts a long dress on or pulled back into curls or something. Her shape allows her to wear about any style she wants just some aren't as flattering as other choice's.

sirhon11234 05-27-2007 10:05 PM

The color of the dress actually suits her.

Jaya 05-28-2007 01:54 AM

Madame Gres

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou
It looks like it wasn't properly fitted but it is an attempt at making her look as though she has a bustline- they really did a poor fitting job on the dress. Also she is wearing too much make up - very much from the 1980's TV show dynasty.The style of the dress looks like they tried to combine a Halston with a Mme Greg? (Jaya is that correct?) or perhaps Vionnet? Also something is off in their body lanquage. I have to say that I preferred her dress from last year. Thanks for the pics Lady Jennifer!

Hi hibou,
Miss Wittsock's gown is correctly addressed to the right shoulder as all of Madame Gres's gowns were adhereing to the Hellenic style.One of Princess Grace's favourites Madame Gres contacted the female silhouette as an homage to Phideas & Praxiteles[previously she was a sculptress].hibou, you seem to know my closet has some of her creations there.She draped and sculpted on the classical form with her flamboyant imagination; her motto to us was "Elegance is a permanent state of grace."
The difference between Miss Wittsock's gown and those of Madame Gres is that she worked primarily in silk jerseys and white silk chiffon with gros faille linings.Later she worked in colours but primary colours.From the shoulders or shoulder to the waistline the torso was intricately draped; from the waist down the form was free flowing.I have suits and a dress by her also.
Halston on the other hand addressed the shoulder from the left if I am not mistaken which is the shoulder of the Egyptians and the sari.Vionnnet's Euclidean mind freed the form through her complicated bias cuts[which entail using triple the amounts of materials]but Miss Wittsock has not worn anything of her aesthetic yet.
Excluding the colour, drape Miss Wittsock's gown was closest to derivation from Madame Gres.The great lady did advise us with white and pale shades to wear gold accessories and with black silver; but not exclusively.
I think Miss Wittsock will be looking fabulous in any colour if she is always as radiantly emanating from within as she was at the gala dinner.

stellad 05-28-2007 03:25 AM

Some people may not agree with me but I think Charlene looked lovely, especially liked the colour of her dress. A (possible) princess in the making whether we like it or not. Albert definitely wants her at his side (I should add "for the time being") at least.

Stella

paca 05-28-2007 05:00 AM

I have actually found a vintage dress that has a similar top part. It looks nice there, but it is better when it is fitted more figure hugging.Midcentury

There are quite a few dresses on this site that would have been more becoming for her IMO (stylewise) On this page there is one using similar fabric, but I think the blueone would have been stunning Midcentury

rominet09 05-28-2007 06:32 AM

You are right Stellad

I completely agree with you and I really do wish for a wedding one day :wub: :flowers:

Donna 05-28-2007 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhon11234
The color of the dress actually suits her.

Yes the colour is beautiful on her {removed crude part of post- Lady Jennifer}. Explains why she walks with her head down, checking if everything is in place. But nice dress, although it should have had a higher diagonal line for her from shoulder down to left so that she wouldn't have to worry about it falling down.

Avalon 05-28-2007 06:53 AM

I'm not sure I like the dress, shoes or purse but I think the colour of the dress definitely suits Charlene. And she looked lovely too, in my opinion. :smile:

HRH Kerry 05-28-2007 07:24 AM

I liked the color. I didn't like the bodice (?) of the dress. I don't think it suited her at all.

hibou 05-28-2007 09:04 AM

Quote:

Hi hibou,
Miss Wittsock's gown is correctly addressed to the right shoulder as all of Madame Gres's gowns were adhereing to the Hellenic style.One of Princess Grace's favourites Madame Gres contacted the female silhouette as an homage to Phideas & Praxiteles[previously she was a sculptress].hibou, you seem to know my closet has some of her creations there.She draped and sculpted on the classical form with her flamboyant imagination; her motto to us was "Elegance is a permanent state of grace."
The difference between Miss Wittsock's gown and those of Madame Gres is that she worked primarily in silk jerseys and white silk chiffon with gros faille linings.Later she worked in colours but primary colours.From the shoulders or shoulder to the waistline the torso was intricately draped; from the waist down the form was free flowing.I have suits and a dress by her also.
Halston on the other hand addressed the shoulder from the left if I am not mistaken which is the shoulder of the Egyptians and the sari.Vionnnet's Euclidean mind freed the form through her complicated bias cuts[which entail using triple the amounts of materials]but Miss Wittsock has not worn anything of her aesthetic yet.
Excluding the colour, drape Miss Wittsock's gown was closest to derivation from Madame Gres.The great lady did advise us with white and pale shades to wear gold accessories and with black silver; but not exclusively.
I think Miss Wittsock will be looking fabulous in any colour if she is always as radiantly emanating from within as she was at the gala dinner.

Thank you so much for explaining the difference. I knew you would have the answer. I just couldn't quite figure it out. I think of you as the fashion guru as you are so knowledgable in that field. I hadn't realized Halston was to the left and Mme Gres was to the right. I will remember that. I remember Princess Grace always looked lovely in those designs.

royal pauper 05-28-2007 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
I liked the color. I didn't like the bodice (?) of the dress. I don't think it suited her at all.

I agree with you! By the way I think we are neighbors, my house is just around the corner.:biggrin:

Countess Lissa 05-29-2007 06:04 AM

i think she looks very nice., and unfortunately she cant do anything about her shoulders (not that i think they look scarily large - as someone put it earlier) but she did look elegent in that dress and the colour is good for her, i thought her make-up was nicely done too. IMO :-) - maybe not the best cut, but still!

libra65 05-29-2007 12:45 PM

The color of the dress is very pretty. It suits her well. However, as I said in another thread, she needs to try covering the shoulders-even if it is with a shawl.

Lillia 05-29-2007 07:22 PM

nice color but something about the bodice doesn't seem to fit properly, imo.:flowers:

I still wince because this is closer closer but not quite hitting the bullseye, imo.

Quote:

I agree nice color on her..

But i noticed that her face is not very good... she is only 29 years old... but she looks like my mother that is 46 years old...
She should do something for her skin...

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

yeah, that's it - the top doesn't fit properly, something is missing there;)

Quote:

I love the colour and the dress but not on her. They do nothing for her IMO. I thought that purple was a great color on her and the halter top showed off her shoulders...which IMO is a great body feature if done right. And yes, because she is a swimmer she does have broad shoulders...she shouldn't down play it..the purple enhanced it.

This dress while lovely would look better on someone with a different body type.

I would also imagine her skin looks older because of the amount of time spent in the sun. I hope she has been a believer of sun block.

I agree, the tan is alright but she needs to take care for overexposure, something is just not there about it, imo:flowers:

ok, she's trying...

Lillia 05-29-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
My only complaint about her is she needs to have her hair done up before she puts a long dress on or pulled back into curls or something. Her shape allows her to wear about any style she wants just some aren't as flattering as other choice's.

Her shape? Well, I think she has no hips, no rear end and she's flat chested, no womanly curves at all really (my opinion). Sorry, but I think she has the general figure of a teenage boy with a few small exceptions (again, just my opinion). Again, it's just my opinion - she needs to get the right designer to help her with all that, no offense intended.

She has lots of muscles though - alright, so some men like that.

Better than being fat and flabby I guess

LadyMacAlpine 05-30-2007 12:26 AM

Quote:

Her shape? Well, I think she has no hips, no rear end and she's flat chested, no womanly curves at all really (my opinion). Sorry, but I think she has the general figure of a teenage boy with a few small exceptions (again, just my opinion). Again, it's just my opinion - she needs to get the right designer to help her with all that, no offense intended.

She has lots of muscles though - alright, so some men like that.

Better than being fat and flabby I guess

I stand by my opinion that she can wear about anything she wants due to her shape. She has an athletic body as Stephanie.

maryellen1539 05-30-2007 01:27 AM

Yes, anyone with Charlene's body should be able to wear just about anything and pull it off, as long as they care enough to have the item tailored to fit, not just toss the garment on like its a potato sack.

LadyMacAlpine 05-30-2007 01:55 AM

Why don't we all agree that no matter what this poor woman wears 98% of the Board members are not going to like it even if it is beautiful. Albert has taken her in public with the choice's of clothing she has worn so we must agree it meets with his approval if it didn't she would have been left at the apartment. I seem to remember when Princess Diana first came on the scene including after her marriage she had to find her own style to put it nicely before evolving into a well dressed Princess. And that was a woman with the money to be on the best dressed list and not having to wear the same dress twice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paca
There are quite a few dresses on this site that would have been more becoming for her IMO (stylewise) On this page there is one using similar fabric, but I think the blueone would have been stunning Midcentury

I think the orange, blue and red dress would look good on her. The blue one would be a nice style for a wedding gown.

Countess Lissa 05-30-2007 04:09 AM

but how do we know that she chooses what she wears? i'm sure there must be some influence from a stylist. just a thought! but your very right LadyMacAlpine, he must think what she wears is alright, otherwise I'm sure he'd make her change!

paca 05-30-2007 05:30 AM

Well the last outfits she wore to redcross etc, were all from the same designer in South Africa. I think that would have been her choice not his. And I think that generally men do not pay much attention to the details as long as the woman is dressed. And to be quite honest I think that Alberts choice of suits is not that fashionable either. They could have been worn by his dead or grand dad. When I look at some of his suits then I often think that he is wearing his dads old ones with the sleeves and pants let down. :D So in my book Albert wouldn't be on the top of fashion advisors.

Her last years designer was Spero villioti, but I can't find any recent collection. He does use similar fabric colour and design though.

Countess Lissa 05-30-2007 05:50 AM

Hehe.. yes i know what you mean, it seems there whole family doesnt really worry about what they wear. but as a prince, if he thought something was unsuitable to be seen in, dont you think he'd say something? i thought hey might have private fashion advisors. that help them all., but now looking at pics of them, maybe not! :-)

Donna 05-30-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Why don't we all agree that no matter what this poor woman wears 98% of the Board members are not going to like it even if it is beautiful.

If something was beautiful at least 98% of the board members would like it. Although fashion waries around the world it is safe to say that trashy outfits for a princess (present or a wannabe) are not liked by this board.

Quote:

Albert has taken her in public with the choice's of clothing she has worn so we must agree it meets with his approval if it didn't she would have been left at the apartment.
yes, Albert most definitely approves of every look of hers and it gives us a good example of the type of women he likes.

hibou 05-30-2007 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
If something was beautiful at least 98% of the board members would like it. Although fashion waries around the world it is safe to say that trashy outfits for a princess (present or a wannabe) are not liked by this board.

yes, Albert most definitely approves of every look of hers and it gives us a good example of the type of women he likes.

Exactly Donna, 98% of us are saying the same thing in different ways. How can so many people agree on one subject except for Albert, but as you said she is a good example of the type of women he likes- Albert and the other 2% of the board.

LadyMacAlpine 05-30-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou
Exactly Donna, 98% of us are saying the same thing in different ways. How can so many people agree on one subject except for Albert, but as you said she is a good example of the type of women he likes- Albert and the other 2% of the board.

I have to disagree with you. I'm picky and known for being very well dressed. I've liked several of Charlene's choices including this dress. How the tops fits is beside the point very few of you would like anything she wears because you don't like Charlene. I haven't seen or heard anything yet to say she isn't a nice person.

Countess Lissa 05-30-2007 10:59 AM

i also disagree! and i completely agree with LadyMacAlphine,. you dont like her at all, she isnt what you picture a (upcoming-maybe) princess should be or would be. so you arent going to like anything she wears, and your always going to have a problem with what she does.
Whether she's a nice person doesnt seem to come into it!
Sadly not all of us are be beautiful 98% of the time, whether we are infront of a camera or just in ordinary day life.

but thats what this site is all about :-) difference of opinion.

LadyMacAlpine 05-30-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

i also disagree! and i completely agree with LadyMacAlphine,. you dont like her at all, she isnt what you picture a (upcoming-maybe) princess should be or would be. so you arent going to like anything she wears, and your always going to have a problem with what she does.
Sadly not all of us are be beautiful 98% of the time, whether we are infront of a camera or just in ordinary day life.

Thank you. While I wouldn't call her beautiful like Princess Grace, Charlene appears to be pretty in her own way. I think Albert likes athletic woman for a few reasons and one is they are more likely to understand his compassion for sports. Many woman don't and it can destroy a relationship. Part of why I stopped posting here was the constant posts of others telling you your opinion is wrong and belittling of Albert and Charlene. It gets on your nerves besides being negative all the time is a downer and life is for so many more doesn't need to be added.

Donna 05-30-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

We haven't said that she isn't a nice person. She most probably is nice to everyone she meets, polite and pleasing. She most definitely is nice to her boyfriend. However being nice and having a pleasant and strong personality are two different things. And making people feel better around you or not having any effect on other people are also two different things. Also radiating light and energy or sucking energy out of other people are also two different things. We are just saying that she is nice but aloof, pleasant but not giving, self centered and not caring (this is judged by interviews and pictures).

I think we can even all agree on that she is too nice for a boyfriend who cheats on her openly, announces that he is very much SINGLE when she is not standing next to him, scoulds her for being herself, pretends hardly to know her when the attend functions together, never shows her any true affection, only kisses her hand in a fake pretentious way and constantly has this grumpy look when he is around her.

We all loved the coral colour of the dress. I don't recall seeing a single person saying they didn't. Most of us liked the dress but some thought that the bustline didn't suit her.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!
Name me one person that liked the purple dress she wore to the fashion show, please. Or more than 2% if you prefer.

Lillia 05-30-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Thank you. While I wouldn't call her beautiful like Princess Grace, Charlene appears to be pretty in her own way. I think Albert likes athletic woman for a few reasons and one is they are more likely to understand his compassion for sports. Many woman don't and it can destroy a relationship. Part of why I stopped posting here was the constant posts of others telling you your opinion is wrong and belittling of Albert and Charlene. It gets on your nerves besides being negative all the time is a downer and life is for so many more doesn't need to be added.

I agree that obviously some men prefer women that have a strong, muscular athletic build. Ok, CW has trained for years, so muscles is what she has. I think she looked better in the dress she wore to the ball last year. The color & cut, shoes, her hair, make-up (imo) were not remarkable, but much more complimentary to her, I think.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-10135-7.html

#128 #135 187 http://img159.imagevenue.com/view.ph...oss6_397lo.jpg

I think CW is trying with her clothes (I guess) and ok her taste is certainly not my taste at all.

Jaya 05-30-2007 01:27 PM

More Taste than Money

It does not take a lot to be well dressed. There used to be an article in Haper's called More Taste Than Money& it basically said that you need not have a lot to be chic& well turned out.No one has ever been negative to Miss Wittsock and the criticism is part of the occupational hazard of the postion about to be entered into.This will happen no matter what whether us or others unless Miss Wittsock does not marry an eponymous individual who also happens to be a Head of State..[I should be so lucky]But just a point that we have been holding this lovely young lady's hand for quite sometime.And I think there should be indications that it could potentially be the other way around by now.JMO

Lillia 05-30-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

It does not take a lot to be well dressed. There used to be an article in Haper's called More Taste Than Money& it basically said that you need not have a lot to be chic& well turned out.No one has ever been negative to Miss Wittsock and the criticism is part of the occupatational hazard of the postion about to be entered into.This will happen no matter what whether us or others unless Miss Wittsock does not marry an eponymous individual who also happens to be a Head of State..[I should be so lucky]But just a point that we have been holding this lovely young lady's hand for quite sometime.And I think there should be indications that it could potentially be the other way around by now.JMO

I like that statement! I do totally agree - it looks like CW is trying to scrap together enough cash to buy some good taste -- she's probably nice, but I don't think she's had the kind of long term exposure to be able to buy taste, even if she had the cash, imo. Time will tell.

Good taste, I think, can be cultivated and refined, but for sure not purchased off the store rack (I don't care if she is in Monaco hanging out with the rich famous jet set) and I think CW has little of either one, but she can develop those things over time.

But in time, who knows (yeah right).:flowers: :smile: :flowers: :smile:

royal pauper 05-30-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

I like that statement! I do totally agree - it looks like CW is trying to scrap together enough cash to buy some good taste -- she's probably nice, but I don't think she's had the kind of long term exposure to be able to buy taste, even if she had the cash, imo.

Good taste, I think, can be cultivated and refined, but for sure not purchased off the store rack (I don't care if she is in Monaco hanging out with the rich famous jet set) and I think CW has little of either one.

But in time, who knows (yeah right).

Yes sure, let's give her another ten years. I am sure by that time she will be ready. As for PA he will be half dead by then.:rofl:

Laura Elizabeth 05-30-2007 02:55 PM

I don't compare her to Princess Grace.

Unlike others here I thought Charlene's presentation throughout the Grand Prix was dreadful. Someone needs to help her - and frankly I blame Albert that she's still awkward and, well... I don't know what. By now someone should have helped her develop her own style and presence - if for no other reason so that she doesn't embarrass herself in public. I'll grant this years photos are yards better than last years, but she's still got miles to go. If she really mattered to him, he'd help her. And it annoys me that he doesn't - at least it looks that way to me.

Jaya 05-30-2007 05:31 PM

I see your points Laura Elizabeth especially on the suggestions to have already turned up at pools etc &assisted the elderly. Thse would have been excellent opportunities to give back something.You have echoed my sentiments more articultely than I.But I cannot agree that at at thirty[30] a woman needs to polish her style if she has not developed one yet.CW comes from an affluent backround& they want for nothing so why the awkwardness?I do not blame PA on this.I put the responsibility of CW's presentation fiascos& lack of potential consideration for others on the identical individuals who race to Bunte & other tabloids to give interviews.Strange they know the whereabouts of these periodicals yet seemingly perhaps care solely about the objective, the aim. Perhaps there is one focus;one aim here to attain, to achieve the goal: Princess.It appears blatant and somewhat embarrassing by how overt it is[if that is indeed the case].And that is the negativity here and not the criticism regardless of who is to blame.

Avalon 05-30-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura Elizabeth
I don't compare her to Princess Grace.

Unlike others here I thought Charlene's presentation throughout the Grand Prix was dreadful. Someone needs to help her - and frankly I blame Albert that she's still awkward and, well... I don't know what. By now someone should have helped her develop her own style and presence - if for no other reason so that she doesn't embarrass herself in public. I'll grant this years photos are yards better than last years, but she's still got miles to go. If she really mattered to him, he'd help her. And it annoys me that he doesn't - at least it looks that way to me.

I'm not defending Charlene - I know nothing about her, she's not the type of beauty I like (though she is pretty, imo), most of the times I don't find her dress sence attractive either.

Ghislaine 05-31-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

Most people are knocking the clothes she wears and it appears she is trying.

She may or she may not, I don't know. But no matter what, decency and protocol still are valid. Like being or having been a lingerie model or a porn model, is generally enough to disqualify you from ever becoming a princess. I won't mention the sickening Maldives photos as they were supposed to be "private", but for someone dating a prince, I stil think she has a poor and unappropriate, at best an unfortunate, choice of clothes. Having said that, I do have to admit that she fits right in with her future inlaws and allegedly with most of monegasque high society. :ermm:

maryellen1539 05-31-2007 01:35 PM

I think Charlene is making an effort to dress better, but she is hung up on halter tops. She is being advertized now as a model, she needs to start acting like one.

Jaya 06-01-2007 01:03 PM

The long forgotten "waist"

Quote:

I stand by my opinion that she can wear about anything she wants due to her shape. She has an athletic body as Stephanie.

Miss Wittsock cannot wear anything that emphasizes "the waist" with her "androgynous" body type.Her body is not athletic but "androgynous."Athletic is a word that covers anyone and everyone with any definition in their muscles nowadays.So I ask you how can CW wear a dress with an accentuated waist?From the waist we figure out the BMI[body mass index] which great athletes work on strenuously to emphasize.The waist is integral to the athletic body & any other healthy body for that matter.

Jaya 06-01-2007 01:42 PM

the concept of "nicety"

Quote:

I have to disagree with you. I'm picky and known for being very well dressed. I've liked several of Charlene's choices including this dress. How the tops fits is beside the point very few of you would like anything she wears because you don't like Charlene. I haven't seen or heard anything yet to say she isn't a nice person.

And I have to disagree with you because no well dressed woman [like Brooke Astor & the late Kitty Carlisle]would ever identify with these juvenile choices Miss Wittsock has made to date.How the top fits and the attention she paid to it is being interpreted whether we like it or not as the attention that may possibly be paid to Monaco potentially and assurances to the investors [maybe] about the stability of the neighbourhood as personified through the role of the Prince's wife.That lady might possibly be above reproach and not in need of fashion tips and assurances.
And I am not certain why conceptually "nicety " has come into play all of a sudden.It is like that other word used nowadays for everything "interesting" Because you can be the "nicest" individual in the world but you may or may not not assist by your super intendance of appearance to inspire or at least reassure the confidence of the investors.It all depends and we have yet to see.

GlitteringTiaras 06-01-2007 11:04 PM

:alien:

Hmmm

Mandy 06-01-2007 11:27 PM

Welcome to Charlene Wittstock's Fashion an Style thread.

Here are some important
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
Please remember that while you don't have to like Charlene, she is still a person and as such, should be treated with respect in this thread. All inappropriate comments reffering to Miss Wittstocks will be removed without notice.

Happy posting!

The Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, GlitteringTiaras, azile, kwanfan

bbb 06-02-2007 10:25 AM

am i the only one who thinks its a misnomer to have charlene and style in the same sentence.

mis·no·mer(mhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifs-nhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/omacr.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifmhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifr)
n. 1. An error in naming a person or place.
2. a. Application of a wrong name.
b. A name wrongly or unsuitably applied to a person or an object

i also wonder about Albert, he's certainly not helping her letting her go out in some of her outfits, he knows the press better than anybody, he knows how everything they do is looked at and talked about. all i know is if i love somebody i would do all i could to protect them from ridicule and malice. it's not like he can't afford to get her a stylists and buy her becoming clothes. i know people who can only afford Goodwill(a resale shop in the states) and they always are dressed classy and properly. you can't buy taste or style, it can be aquired with observation of what looks best on you and keeping with classic not "look at me" styles, but you have to be open to change and suggestions.

sirhon11234 06-02-2007 01:01 PM

Charlene's style is okay its not that good.

semisquare 06-02-2007 02:37 PM

charlene could get help just by reading some books on the matter of dress and grooming. and it doesnt take a lot of money to look classy.
so the next time she wears something classy i'll give her props but as of now, that hasnt happen. oh yeah.. the color coral seem to fit her but that dress is not for her because of her body type

Jaya 06-02-2007 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbb
am i the only one who thinks its a misnomer to have charlene and style in the same sentence.

mis·no·mer(mhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifs-nhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/omacr.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifmhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifr)
n. 1. An error in naming a person or place.
2. a. Application of a wrong name.
b. A name wrongly or unsuitably applied to a person or an object

i also wonder about Albert, he's certainly not helping her letting her go out in some of her outfits, he knows the press better than anybody, he knows how everything they do is looked at and talked about. all i know is if i love somebody i would do all i could to protect them from ridicule and malice. it's not like he can't afford to get her a stylists and buy her becoming clothes. i know people who can only afford Goodwill(a resale shop in the states) and they always are dressed classy and properly. you can't buy taste or style, it can be aquired with observation of what looks best on you and keeping with classic not "look at me" styles, but you have to be open to change and suggestions.

I think you may have several integral points there bbb.
When I think of style I immediately think of Cary Grant & there is fanatstic book out on him and his appearance entitled: Cary Grant A Celebration of Style by Richard Torregrossa foreward by no less than Giorgio Armani and afterward by Michael Kors.It takes pains to look that effortlessly elegant as Cary did and others of his time but it is not impossible.
I think Miss Wittsock possibly has yet to find the rudiments of "style" & by that I mean in the Cary Grant comparison & sense.

HRH Kerry 06-02-2007 04:29 PM

You would think she can't misstep with Caroline being such a connoisseur of style. If you have the duty expert as your significant other's sister then get some advice, pay attention, etc.

LadyMichelle 06-03-2007 01:42 PM

I'm bored today...Surfing the web I have founded a lot of nice dress..

IMO Charlene is a very nice gril (she is tall, blond , with blue eyes..) What I think is wrong, is her way to appear.
If you are the wife or official companion of a head of state, you must be elegant and formal.

I don't belive that elegance is due to how many money you have.
You can be elegant also with dresses that are under 500$.

Elegance is when you choose the good dress for the event you will attend. If you are the official companion of a head of state, you cannot wear a dress that make you similar to a las vegas stripper!!

So, I chosed some dresses that can fit good to Charlene.
This is the style that I would like to see on the future princess of Monaco...

(!!!! all dresses are btw 99$ and 400 $;) and please note that I'm discussing only the style and the cut... not the color that can change as per personal taste)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...9361_F_51A.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...8438_F_50B.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...8442_F_51B.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/25929
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...13_primary.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...62_primary.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6..._F_FEB_031.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6..._F_FEB_025.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...1577_F_44A.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6..._F_APR_024.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...F_APR_0005.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6..._F_FEB_090.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/f.jpg

bbb 06-03-2007 05:54 PM

lovely choices ladymichelle they would look good on any princess or wannabe princess. no matter what she wears if she doesn't do something with that hair :eek: she'll still be a mess

semisquare 06-03-2007 07:43 PM

ladymichelle your choice of dresses shows great taste and i would venture a little further to say that with a little bit of leg work anyone could fine something very close to your choices at the 2nd hand store(aka thrift store) esp if u r small.
i love how the white blouse with the black a-line skirt would hide her enormous shoulders and would give her a nice shape but maybe she likes dress in her own way.

hibou 06-03-2007 09:24 PM

Thanks Lady Michele great choices and it shows how Charlene with a little help could have looked lovely. You know it seemed this time that she has trying to hard to be glamorous and just failed at it and ended up looking like a vegas girl instead. And there are so many people who would have loved to give her free advice!

semisquare 06-03-2007 09:47 PM

yeah...free advice because my butt is truely tired of her vegas show girl look. not that i have given her any real advice except run when u see a tanktop because u look like a linebacker please dont wear that style of top ever again.
who really should be helping her is her special friend cause he looks bad bring a girl out who dresses tacky-yeah folks i said tacky...hmmm i like the sound of that... tacky...tacky...tacky..tacky.....
anyway it doesnt matter what we say because if it does get to her ears i cant picture her putting that advice into practice.
imo the way she carries herself in the pics i have seen-tells me she is very please with her look and doesnt need to change. again imo

Zonk 06-03-2007 10:02 PM

And why shouldn't she be pleased with her look? Too many (I am actually very ambivalent about Charlene) people she looks fine. and too others not so good.

Sometimes she is okay and sometimes not okay. I actually think that Charlene dresses like her age group (not that everyone her age dresses like that but you get the point) but she dresses trendy. And she might be okay with that.

Charlene's so called style problem IMO is the following:
1) Some people don't like her and will find fault with everything she wears.
2) Although she is not a Princess...she is following in some very hard footsteps (Grace and Caroline are EXCELLENT Fashion ICONs). I can't imagine anyone these days who could stand up to the pressure. Even the so called fashion icons---Jackie O...Audrey Hepburn...Princess Diana...Caroline of Hanover....had one particular designer that they "stuck" with. But they too had a couple of missteps.
3) Charlene in some occassions dresses trendy..and somestimes trendy is not a good thing for some of the events she attends. The events are more conservative in nature...that's why some of the pics that Lady Michelle provided went over so well :)
4) She might not have found her "grove" yet. Unless you have a professional stylist (and then we would hear more cries of her being a kept woman...but thats a topic for another thread)....sometimes people don't find their style until later on life. I am 38...and it hasn't been until recently that I found a style (less trendy...conservative yet somewhat classic) that I think shows me in a good light. That means for the last 20 plus years...I thought I looked great and well...I didn't!
5) Charlene's body type. She does have a swimmer's body. Broad shoulders(not to criticize just an observation)...nice legs....good abs...is she also long waisted? She is not going to find anything off the rack..and might have more of challenge to find things that look great.
6) Maybe fashion is not that big of thing to Charlene. Some ladies like to dress up and spend a lot of time shopping and putting together a wardrobe...maybe she isn't one of them.

Again..these are just my opinions.

LadyMichelle 06-04-2007 07:47 AM

Quote:

. I actually think that Charlene dresses like her age group (not that everyone her age dresses like that but you get the point) but she dresses trendy. And she might be okay with that.

Hi Zonk,

I'm 26 years old, so, I'm on her age group... I do not think that Charlene is trendy.... As I already say, she is a very nice girl (except for wrinkles!!).

I'm very young but due to some personal reasons (I'm the "official companion" of a soccer player, and I'm working as event manager and assistant of a politician) I changed my style.

I do not have the body of Charlene (I'm only 1.64 mt), but in the past I had some weight problems (I was a little bit chubby!!) and I learned to choose my dresses...in order to look better!

I feel good with my self when I wear my jeans and my t shirt... But I cannot do it everyday...
You can be trendy also on jeans and T shirt... ( 3 years ago I met on Miami J-LO, and she was wearing a pair of jeans, and a withe oriental embroidered t shirt..a fendi big bag and a pair of withe flip flop... she was very very trendy)

There are some moments when you Know people will pay attention to you, and expecially if you take part to officials events...
When you became the wife, or the companion of a person that is always in the eye of the camera, and you chose to appear next to him, you must know that the first thing people will do is look to your style ( from head to shoes...).

I chosed these pics because I would like to show, that is not too difficult be elegant and classy, the keyword should be semplicity....

I agree with you when you say that nobody can survive to the pressure to be compared to jacki'o , caroline, and Grace... The secrets is study these women and take examples....

Sometimes Charlene remember me a scene from Bridget Jones film.. the one when she goes to family formal event...dressed as a Bunny...:wub: (Palyboy Bunny) ( the problem is that Bridget didn't know that was a formal event...but Charlene knows it!!!):rofl:

What people will think if one day I will take part to a show seated next to the major of My city...with the same dress Charlene wears at Amber Fashion Show? :ohmy:

You are right, probably she is working on her style.. but no, for me she is not trendy. She is cheap. ( the dress of amber show, the green dress on the balcony GP last year, the dress on the beach of some days ago...:ohmy: )

My grandmother always says that your dress must show respect to the people you will meet.

M.

Donna 06-04-2007 08:56 AM

Charlene Wittstock has neither style nor fashion and she is not royal so I don't see the point of discussing her looks here.

semisquare 06-04-2007 10:08 AM

i like reading postings and sometimes taken part in posting since she is prince albert's "something or other". so, she is in the public eye and should be criticize for her looks and dress. and if they do get married,she better get use to it.
its not hard to dress nice just kept the kis method in mind. which is keep is simple.
it would be nice to have a challange of who could dress the nicest with play money,play event and then vote. i think everyone out here would do a good job because we would take the time to find out what the event is for.
imo charlene dresses more to be notice.and all attention is not good attention which is someting i dont think she can tell the difference, well people i would write more but i have to do house work..

Lillia 06-04-2007 07:35 PM

that's a good idea semi, I like it too:flowers:

For a summer lunch date with Albert at a nice restaurant what would be the best to wear?

(especially with somebody's camera never far...)

hibou 06-04-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Hi Zonk,

I'm 26 years old, so, I'm on her age group... I do not think that Charlene is trendy.... As I already say, she is a very nice girl (except for wrinkles!!).

I'm very young but due to some personal reasons (I'm the "official companion" of a soccer player, and I'm working as event manager and assistant of a politician) I changed my style.

I do not have the body of Charlene (I'm only 1.64 mt), but in the past I had some weight problems (I was a little bit chubby!!) and I learned to choose my dresses...in order to look better!

I feel good with my self when I wear my jeans and my t shirt... But I cannot do it everyday...
You can be trendy also on jeans and T shirt... ( 3 years ago I met on Miami J-LO, and she was wearing a pair of jeans, and a withe oriental embroidered t shirt..a fendi big bag and a pair of withe flip flop... she was very very trendy)

There are some moments when you Know people will pay attention to you, and expecially if you take part to officials events...
When you became the wife, or the companion of a person that is always in the eye of the camera, and you chose to appear next to him, you must know that the first thing people will do is look to your style ( from head to shoes...).

I chosed these pics because I would like to show, that is not too difficult be elegant and classy, the keyword should be semplicity....

I agree with you when you say that nobody can survive to the pressure to be compared to jacki'o , caroline, and Grace... The secrets is study these women and take examples....

Sometimes Charlene remember me a scene from Bridget Jones film.. the one when she goes to family formal event...dressed as a Bunny...:wub: (Palyboy Bunny) ( the problem is that Bridget didn't know that was a formal event...but Charlene knows it!!!):rofl:

What people will think if one day I will take part to a show seated next to the major of My city...with the same dress Charlene wears at Amber Fashion Show? :ohmy:

You are right, probably she is working on her style.. but no, for me she is not trendy. She is cheap. ( the dress of amber show, the green dress on the balcony GP last year, the dress on the beach of some days ago...:ohmy: )

My grandmother always says that your dress must show respect to the people you will meet.

M.

Bravo Michelle! You know how to act and dress and you have a wise Grandmother too!!

GlitteringTiaras 06-04-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
Charlene Wittstock has neither style nor fashion and she is not royal so I don't see the point of discussing her looks here.

Would you rather talk about Jodie Marsh? :alien:

So, Charlene hasn't found her sense of style yet. Nor has she found a good stylist, but at least she's trying to find her footing when it comes to fashion. At least she isn't wearing this little number to an event.

If she did, then I could understand some of the complaints here.:rolleyes:

maryellen1539 06-04-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras

So, Charlene hasn't found her sense of style yet. Nor has she found a good stylist, but at least she's trying to find her footing when it comes to fashion. At least she isn't wearing this little number to an event.

eehhh, cute

hibou 06-04-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Bork is a performance artist who thrives on things like this outfit. Charlene is not a performance artist. I don't what she is these days to tell you the truth.

GlitteringTiaras 06-04-2007 08:41 PM

That's not an excuse. A bad little get-up is still a bad little get-up.:alien:

hibou 06-04-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

That's not an excuse. A bad little get-up is still a bad little get-up.:alien:

Bork or Charlene? The Bork dress gave many a comedian a lot of material for jokes by the way. Saturday night Live even did a spoof of it. Bork thrives on the attention and uses fashion as an expression of her performace art. That dress worn at the oscars (I think that's where she wore it) created a media frenzy. She got what she wanted besically.

ysbel 06-04-2007 10:20 PM

Well if Charlene is a former Olympic swimmer she definitely has to have wide shoulders and a strong muscular upper body. Also if she's a former Olympic swimmer, she probably had other priorities while training for the Olympics than keeping her shoulders a nice slim feminine size so she'd be more attractive in an evening dress.

Not every woman is that interested in fashion. It doesn't necessarily mean they don't get it; it may mean that they don't care. Princess Anne of Great Britain comes to mind.

semisquare 06-05-2007 04:28 PM

hi lillia
i would wear a white eyelet halter sun dress with an aline skirt which would end around my midcalf. white looks very good against my skin. my shoes would be a natural cork color with an ankle tie of fabric-fabic tie would be a natural color. my heels would be about 2in tall. i would wear a blue torquoise bracelet and matching earrings. and a natural & white color wide brim hat. made of straw, of course.
and my hair would be in a simple knot and stright hair bangs.
i would carry a hand bag with a strap that would hang on my wrist.
the bag would be funkie but not over the top.
and yes i have great taste and i would look good & u know that, lol

Lillia 06-05-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semisquare
hi lillia
i would wear a white eyelet halter sun dress with an aline skirt which would end around my midcalf. white looks very good against my skin. my shoes would be a natural cork color with an ankle tie of fabric-fabic tie would be a natural color. my heels would be about 2in tall. i would wear a blue torquoise bracelet and matching earrings. and a natural & white color wide brim hat. made of straw, of course.
and my hair would be in a simple knot and stright hair bangs.
i would carry a hand bag with a strap that would hang on my wrist.
the bag would be funkie but not over the top.
and yes i have great taste and i would look good & u know that, lol

:smile: sounds lovely, semi.

Do you think :queen:CW could carry it off?

whoops! oh my --- you said the dress would be a halter top...

I have to revise that a little bit.

ok: here's a suggestion that may work with her shoulders (but I don't know, a think a professional stylist would give better advice than me on that):flowers:

Betsey Johnson Ruffled Sleeveless Dress*-* Daytime*-* Neiman Marcus

or these might work too (maybe)

Laundry by Shelli Segal Printed Jersey Dress*-* Shop By Silhouette*-* Neiman Marcus
Chetta B Tunic Dress*-* Shop By Silhouette*-* Neiman Marcus

these might work:
MICHAEL KORS Cashmere Scarf & Dress*-* Michael Kors
MICHAEL Michael Kors Safari Dress*-* Michael Kors
MICHAEL Michael Kors Shirtdress*-* Michael Kors

St. John Knits © Copyright 2002-2007

maybe Bill Blass from the 2007 collection would be good. what do you think?

semisquare 06-05-2007 09:03 PM

thx lillia
i like all of the dress you pick but i dont think they would look good on charlene. because of her muscluar build plus the dresses seem better on someone who is young not someone going into their thirties.
but that just my opinion