The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   June 6, 2007 - Sweden's National Day (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/june-6-2007-swedens-national-day-12801.html)

norwegianne 05-29-2007 04:21 PM

June 6, 2007 - Sweden's National Day

:swedenflag: June 6 is Sweden's National Day. :swedenflag:

The programme for the day:
10.00 The King and Queen arrive in Halmstad.

10.00-10.15 Opening Ceremony at Slottsbacken, The Royal Palace. The Army Band is participating. Lectures on royalty and tours of the palace will be available during the day. (If I've understood correctly:flowers: )

11.00 The King and Queen participate in the National Day celebrations at Stora Torg in Halmstad

11.00 The Crown Princess participate in the National Day celebrations in Lundsbrunn, Västergötland.

17.00 The Open Palace closes.

18.25 The Royal Family travels in horse-drawn carriages from the Royal Palace to Skansen.

19.00-20.00 National Day Celebrations at Skansen. (Airing at Swedish Television channel SVT2, 20.30).

21.00 Taking the flags down at The Royal Palace, and Norrbro. The Army band participates from Lejonbacken.

22.00 The army band has a show in the outer courtyard. (Yttre borggården)

avrilo 05-29-2007 05:46 PM

Will Carl P. be there¿

norwegianne 06-03-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avrilo
Will Carl P. be there¿

The calendar at the website says that both Carl-Philip and Madeleine will be present at the opening of the gates at the Royal Palace. :flowers:

royalgertjan 06-06-2007 05:10 AM

I hope to see princess madeleine :)

fanletizia 06-06-2007 07:59 AM

GOTENE 20070606 Crown Princess Victoria in a folk costume during the Swedish national day celebration in Lundsbrunn outside Gotene, Sweden, June 6, 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

SusanneSNS 06-06-2007 09:04 AM

Thanks for the pictures!

Thank you, fanletizia, for posting the pictures from National Day. :flowers:

I love to see Crown Princess Victoria in this folk costume! She looks lovely and wonderful. Just as her mother, the Queen, always does, when she is wearing folk costumes.

carlota 06-06-2007 09:31 AM

thanks for the info! would be great to be in stockholm for the national day festivities!

madeleine looked gorgeous and so did victoria in the vastergotland bunad!

royalgertjan 06-06-2007 11:16 AM

madeleine looks amazing :D

contessa 06-06-2007 11:24 AM

I see Madeleine has taken up the ponytail look just when Victoria seems to be losing it...

That is the first thought that popped into my mind when looking at the pictures.....;)

norwegianne 06-06-2007 12:23 PM

Madde strålte på nasjonaldagen - kjendis.no - I really like the picture in the end of this article, when Carl-Philip and Madeleine are opening the doors. The size of the doors against them makes them look like two small children wondering what's inside. :D

Marengo 06-06-2007 01:46 PM

Just wondering, does anybody else (besides the royals) in Sweden dress up in National Costume every now and then, like in Norway? And did Princess Lilian ever show up in a national costume, I don't think I ever saw a picture of her wearing one.

magnik 06-06-2007 04:24 PM

Madde looks very nice and radiant. Her clothes reminds me Victoria's somehow.

I like this photo when they both opening the gate - it reminds me the Secret Garden:biggrin:

marezdote 06-06-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne
Madde strålte på nasjonaldagen - kjendis.no - I really like the picture in the end of this article, when Carl-Philip and Madeleine are opening the doors. The size of the doors against them makes them look like two small children wondering what's inside. :D

What a great pic! I love how Madeleine is peeking around the door. What do the doors lead to?

acdc1 06-06-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marezdote
What a great pic! I love how Madeleine is peeking around the door. What do the doors lead to?

I like that one too! The door is so huge, it makes them seem much smaller than they actually are! Is there a website in English where I can find out more about Sweden's National Day? Like traditions, activities, and other things like that that the royals and the regular Swedes do. It seems like such an interesting day.

magnik 06-06-2007 05:12 PM

Few photos of the RF
Gekroonde Hoofden

norwegianne 06-06-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marezdote

I think those are the doors leading into the Palace. They were having an open day at the palace today, and Carl Philip and Madeleine were opening it (by opening the doors, I assume).

A Royal Court side in English about the National day celebrations: http://www.royalcourt.se/theroyalpal...800010904.html

Marengo 06-07-2007 06:01 AM

I was wondering, is National day celebrated all around the country? Or is the palace really the main focus of the event?

dazzling 06-07-2007 06:30 AM

Victoria looked really cute in her outfit, i loved the little hat...
Beautiful pictures of everyone, all had great smiles...

Hereditary Mapmaker 06-07-2007 07:49 AM

Hopefully someone can help with this question. I know that National Day is not really a big occasion yet in Sweden (having only been a national holiday for two years). Looking through the pictures of celebrations of this year and in the past, I see HM and the princesses in traditional attire for the occasion. Some other women also sometimes follow suit. But I rarely, if ever, have seen men wearing a traditional male costume. The King and Carl-Philip are always in business suits (certainly THIS isn't the traditional garb for Swedish men!). In Norway, CP Haakon and his family are all traditionally attired for National Day ceremonies. And Ari Behn wore traditional garb to their wedding. Does anyone know why the gender difference in Sweden?

Thanks,

Mapper

BeatrixFan 06-07-2007 12:14 PM

That picture of Princess Lilian kissing the little girl is amazing and really shows how lovely the Princess is. It's so nice to see her in public again.