The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   British Royals (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   The Royal Family Order (RFO) and other Royal Orders and Decorations (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/the-royal-family-order-rfo-and-other-royal-orders-and-decorations-12757.html)

Rudolph 07-10-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2000935)
Just curious Rudolph...did he get any from previous banquets? Like when the Chinese came etc?

LaRae

No but the British and Spanish monarchs are close. On top of that Felipe and William get along quite well

Skippyboo 07-10-2017 08:17 PM

State Visit from the King and Queen of Spain: July 12-14, 2017

China is a communist country. They probably don't have various national orders to give to foreign officials. I don't believe the US gives any foreign leaders/heads of state any sort of order.

Mbruno 07-11-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoriaB (Post 2000924)
And just think - this whole royal family order thing will start again if Meghan marries Harry - oh what joy!!!!

Even if Meghan marries Harry, she is not expected to be given a British order anytime soon. Diana received the Queen's family order in 1981, but otherwise was not inducted into any state order while she was married to Charles. Sarah didn't get any order at all from the Queen AFAIK; Sophie, on the other hand, is a dame grand cross of the Royal Victorian Order, but she only got it in 2010, i.e. when she had already been married to Edward for about 11 years or so (she had been already made a member of the Queen's family order in 2004 though).

Again, the bottom line is that QEII doesn't give out orders lightly as other monarchs do.

VictoriaB 07-11-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 2001075)
Even if Meghan marries Harry, she is not expected to be given a British order anytime soon. Diana received the Queen's family order in 1981, but otherwise was not inducted into any state order while she was married to Charles. Sarah didn't get any order at all from the Queen AFAIK; Sophie, on the other hand, is a dame grand cross of the Royal Victorian Order, but she only got it in 2010, i.e. when she had already been married to Edward for about 11 years or so (she had been already made a member of the Queen's family order in 2004 though).

Again, the bottom line is that QEII doesn't give out orders lightly as other monarchs do.

I agree, but that still won't stop the debate about when she will be given it, why she hasn't already been given it and how unfair it is.

carlota 07-11-2017 09:56 PM

The Royal Family Order (RFO) and other Royal Orders and Decorations

Looking forward to a possible rfo being worn by Kate tomorrow at the state visit!

RoyalProtocol 07-12-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 2001182)
Looking forward to a possible rfo being worn by Kate tomorrow at the state visit!

Alas! Not yet....

Dman 07-12-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol (Post 2001744)
Alas! Not yet....

Ivory, ivory, ivory!

Lumutqueen 07-12-2017 04:12 PM

They can make it without.

The Queen has simply decided that Catherine should not have it. End of really.

Nico 07-12-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 2001753)
Ivory, ivory, ivory!

Well even for me it sounds plausible now.
There's something for sure... it's getting ridiculous !

Ish 07-12-2017 04:15 PM

Or the Queen has decided not to gift it to a woman who is still technically a part time royal...

Pranter 07-12-2017 04:16 PM

It's getting hard to imagine any other logical reason at this point....Ivory

LaRae

HRHHermione 07-12-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 2001753)
Ivory, ivory, ivory!

I will always and forever believe this is the reason.

RoyalProtocol 07-12-2017 04:25 PM

I may be wrong but it looks like Prince Harry has on two stars tonight. Any suggestions?

Dman 07-12-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 2001761)
Well even for me it sounds plausible now.
There's something for sure... it's getting ridiculous !

I watched the coverage and possession and when I got a glimpse of Catherine without her family order, all I could do was shake my head. I'm trying to not think about the unfairness and ridiculousness of it all.

cepe 07-12-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 2001802)
I watched the coverage and possession and when I got a glimpse of Catherine without her family order, all I could do was shake my head. I'm trying to not think about the unfairness and ridiculousness of it all.

Its about ivory, IMO. William wants a complete ban so that makes the position difficult.

The Queen has indicated her support of Catherine by letting her use jewellery that is of real personal significance. I think that is important.

I dont expect everyone to agree but thats my view

Pranter 07-12-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 2001816)
Its about ivory, IMO. William wants a complete ban so that makes the position difficult.

The Queen has indicated her support of Catherine by letting her use jewellery that is of real personal significance. I think that is important.

And not the first time either (bringing to mind the lovely bracelet she's worn a couple times, wasn't that a wedding gift for the Queen also?)....IIRC.

LaRae

Leopoldine 07-12-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 2001816)

I agree with this view.

If anyone there had worn an order adorned with an ivory miniature, it would have become the story. William has been championing the ivory ban all over the world as well as at home.

And I also think that HM is very happy with Catherine and is pleased to be able to lend her some "big guns" from the vaults.

Dman 07-12-2017 06:01 PM

Does Harry have another order? He was wearing two badges tonight.

RoyalProtocol 07-12-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 2001853)
Does Harry have another order? He was wearing two badges tonight.

I've asked the same question above. I've also posted about it in the State Visit thread.

maria-olivia 07-12-2017 06:08 PM

The Collar of the Golden Fleece and the Sash of the Order of the Garter. Perfect.
Did his Father received the Garter also ?