The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   British Royals (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   The Royal Family Order (RFO) and other Royal Orders and Decorations (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/the-royal-family-order-rfo-and-other-royal-orders-and-decorations-12757.html)

Warren 05-23-2007 04:19 AM

The Royal Family Order (RFO) and other Royal Orders and Decorations

Quote:

Originally Posted by GillW
Until Majesty get around to writing that article, you can read all about it - some fascinating stuff - at Wikipedia:Royal Family Order - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmm... Wikipedia lists Zara Phillips as having the RFO. Unlikely?

banda_windsor 05-23-2007 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren
Hmm... Wikipedia lists Zara Phillips as having the RFO. Unlikely?

i think it might be true. we just haven't seen it probably.

Well, i wonder when Camila will receive the RFO. I mean, it would be very funny if she didn't get that. Because the RFO is a sign that the Queen acknowladge the reciepient of the order as her family. If Camila didn't get one, how ridiculous it would be. Although, the Duchess of York didn't recieve the RFO also.

msleiman 05-23-2007 10:35 AM

The Royal Family Order (RFO) and other Royal Orders and Decorations

In another thread it said that Zara had the Queen's family order. Does anyone have a picture of her wearing it? Also do the York girls have the order? Please post any pictures any of the ladies wearing this order!

BeatrixFan 05-23-2007 10:48 AM

Not sure about Zara actually but I'm pretty sure that we'll be seeing the York girls get it in the near future as well as the Duchess of Cornwall (which could be next week when the Emperor and Empress of Japan visit).

msleiman 05-23-2007 10:53 AM

Thanks, can not wait to see the pictures from the visit!

BeatrixFan 05-23-2007 11:15 AM

Although having said that it looks like the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are in Scotland when the dinner is held at Buckingham Palace so I don't think we will see any new family orders on display.

yvr girl 05-23-2007 02:23 PM

I think it will be a few years for the York girls

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Not sure about Zara actually but I'm pretty sure that we'll be seeing the York girls get it in the near future as well as the Duchess of Cornwall (which could be next week when the Emperor and Empress of Japan visit).

I wouldn't expect them to receive them until they are done with school, and working for the 'firm'.

I've read that Zara has it as well, but I've never seen her with one.

Warren 05-24-2007 08:25 AM

Wikipedia states that Zara Phillips has the Royal Family Order, but this is open to doubt.

HMQueenElizabethII 05-24-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Although having said that it looks like the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are in Scotland when the dinner is held at Buckingham Palace so I don't think we will see any new family orders on display.

At the Concert/Dinner in America in January, when the Duchess wore her new necklace, the Prince of Wales put on alot of Orders, while the Duchess was without the Orders, so i'm doubt we would see any Orders soon with the Duchess of Cornwall.

CasiraghiTrio 05-24-2007 10:11 AM

Would Zara wear her RFO on her dress at the Trooping events?
It is odd that Sarah, Duchess of York never received one. I always thought the Queen loved her so much, at least in the early years of the marriage.

As sirhon said, at least it is good that Diana had the RFO and the Dutch order, because she certainly deserved them at least. She earned them through much dedication and hard work.

Warren 05-24-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Would Zara wear her RFO on her dress at the Trooping events? .

No. The Order is only worn at State functions, generally tiara events.

BeatrixFan 05-24-2007 11:10 AM

She has been with the firm for two years though and she is the future Queen. The Emperor of Japan gave Crown Princess Victoria the Order of the Chrysanthemum on his visit to Sweden and I thought that maybe Camilla would get the same at the dinner and would be sporting the sash, badge and the Royal Family Order but I suppose we'll have to wait a little longer.

yvr girl 05-24-2007 03:19 PM

Fergie never got one

Quote:

She has been with the firm for two years though and she is the future Queen. The Emperor of Japan gave Crown Princess Victoria the Order of the Chrysanthemum on his visit to Sweden and I thought that maybe Camilla would get the same at the dinner and would be sporting the sash, badge and the Royal Family Order but I suppose we'll have to wait a little longer.

And she and Andrew were together for about 6 years before they parted ways.

BeatrixFan 05-24-2007 03:50 PM

Yes but Fergie wasn't married to the Prince of Wales and wasn't polishing her tiara for a certain ceremony at Wesminster Abbey.

bct88 05-25-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

I doubt that Camilla will get the Order of the Chrysanthemum. Apart from the monarch, the heir receives it, and not the spouse of the heir. No female monarch has this order, except for Elizabeth, Beatrix, and Margrethe. As a consort, and other female members of royal families, the Order of the Precious Crown is bestowed, so if Camilla is to receive any Japanese order, she would receive the Order of the Precious Crown.

wbenson 05-25-2007 03:00 PM

I don't believe the upcoming visit is a true state visit, so I doubt any orders would be exchanged.

BeatrixFan 05-25-2007 05:33 PM

Well, the visit to Estonia wasn't a state one but orders were exchanged.

Henri M. 05-25-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
At the Concert/Dinner in America in January, when the Duchess wore her new necklace, the Prince of Wales put on alot of Orders, while the Duchess was without the Orders, so i'm doubt we would see any Orders soon with the Duchess of Cornwall.

That has to do with the dresscode. When the gentleman wears cravate noire (black tie), the usance is not to wear decorations.

The British (and the British Commonwealth) however, has a custom that gentlemen can wear small decorations in combination with a smoking. No sash, no breast star: just small decorations. When the Prince of Orange visited Australia last year, he wore small decorations on his black tie. This was the very first time he ever did so, as on the Continent never decorations are worn with black tie. See this picture. So the Prince adapted to the British / Britis Commonwealth custom.

You see the Princess of Orange wore no decorations. This is in line with the general dresscode: ladies do not wear decorations during black tie events. Not on the Continent and also not in Britain or the British Commonwealth. So no matter how many decorations a royal lady has: during a black tie event she will not wear any.

RoyalProtocol 07-03-2007 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M. (Post 617171)

You see the Princess of Orange wore no decorations. This is in line with the general dresscode: ladies do not wear decorations during black tie events. Not on the Continent and also not in Britain or the British Commonwealth. So no matter how many decorations a royal lady has: during a black tie event she will not wear any.

This is not quite true, Her Majesty The Queen often wears the star of an order with black tie, though no other decorations are put on, for examples see photos of dinner on board Britannia with President Regan in the 1980s and lots of other official black tie functions, CHOGM dinners are also a good example.

Von Schlesian 07-04-2007 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol (Post 635566)
This is not quite true, Her Majesty The Queen often wears the star of an order with black tie, though no other decorations are put on, for examples see photos of dinner on board Britannia with President Regan in the 1980s and lots of other official black tie functions, CHOGM dinners are also a good example.

Not only that, but we often see HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh wear the Star of the Order of the Garter and badge of the Order of Merit (suspended from miniature width neck ribband) along with court-mounted miniatures when wearing black tie.