The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Style File (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Danish New Year's dress? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/danish-new-years-dress-12699.html)

BurberryBrit 05-16-2007 05:35 PM

Danish New Year's dress?
 
I've seen Mary, Alexandra and Marie-Chantal all wearing a very similar cornflower blue and navy blue robe covering a navy blue dress to New Year's fuctions. I wondered is it something specific to Denmark? If so, what is the tradition? I only have a pic of Mary wearing it:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9563/07010301el9.jpg

I love the dress and just want to know if there's any significance.

Thanks!

puppigurl2005 05-16-2007 05:36 PM

Maybe its just a coincidence....I'll go check.

BurberryBrit 05-16-2007 06:59 PM

I will also search for the other pictures. It's almost the same dresses. Maybe they just used the same dressmaker?

christinacg 05-16-2007 07:22 PM

yeah could you post pics of Alexandra and MC? I'd like to see how similar they are.

BurberryBrit 05-17-2007 12:01 AM

OK, found one in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ad-8164-3.html

And Alex's is on this site:
Jewelry

On second look, they are similar but not identical. Still I wonder if there's a reason they all wore such a similar look.

puppigurl2005 05-17-2007 12:42 AM

Maybe we could find out who the designer is...they may like the same one.

Stefan 05-17-2007 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
OK, found one in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ad-8164-3.html

And Alex's is on this site:
Jewelry

On second look, they are similar but not identical. Still I wonder if there's a reason they all wore such a similar look.

Zhat are different events. The photo of Pavlos and marie Vhantal was taken at the wedding of Joachim and Alexandra. the photo of Alexandra at ney Years Court which takes place on 01. January in the evening at Amalienbrog. The photo of Mary was taken at the Ney Years Court for the Dilpmatic Court at Christiansborg Palace which takes place in the first days of January. This last event was never attended by Alexandra. only the Queen, Prince Consort, Crown Prince and since 2005 Crown Princess are there.

LadyK 05-17-2007 06:23 AM

They are different- Mary's was part of a set, with her dress. Alexandra and MC's robes are similar, but I think that's just a coincidence, and trying to find something comfortable and flattering when you are expecting.
Mary's robe is more tailored, whereas Alexandra's and MC's are very loose.

dazzling 05-17-2007 07:21 AM

i guess if it was tradition then would see the queen in something like that or shade of that color, dont you think. Mary's & Marie-Chantal's are different.

BurberryBrit 05-17-2007 08:11 AM

Thanks for the responses! Yes, I guess it doesn't mean anything.

alex001 05-20-2007 05:57 AM

Althoguh I did notice that MAry and Alexandra's red/purple coloured enw years dresses looked almost exactly the same?
I need to go - but I'll try and find the pictures. The bottom was different, but the top was almost exactly the same!

SASSY 05-22-2007 08:34 PM

I believe Marie-Chantal is wearing Chanel (at Jochim(sp) & Alex's wedding).

alex001 05-29-2007 08:20 AM

Here are the ones I was talking about:
Mary: http://www.princessalexandradk.info/...4e2738fcae.jpg
Alexandra: http://www.princessalexandradk.info/...201999.jpg.jpg
However, they were from different years, so maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill!

Ms Griffin 05-31-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I've seen Mary, Alexandra and Marie-Chantal all wearing a very similar cornflower blue and navy blue robe covering a navy blue dress to New Year's fuctions. I wondered is it something specific to Denmark? If so, what is the tradition? I only have a pic of Mary wearing it:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9563/07010301el9.jpg

Thanks!

While Alexandra's blue New Years gown is different than Mary's above, Alexandra did wear once another blue one with a purple coat over it. I can't find the website where I have it from right now, but if I don't find the site I'll upload it and link here. :smile:

And no, it's not something specific. Has probably to do with (a) they need a formal gown and (b) that time of year is damn cold. ;)

BurberryBrit 06-16-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex001 (Post 618597)
Here are the ones I was talking about:
Mary: http://www.princessalexandradk.info/...4e2738fcae.jpg
Alexandra: http://www.princessalexandradk.info/...201999.jpg.jpg
However, they were from different years, so maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill!

Another example, thank you! It makes me wonder if there isn't a meaning behind it?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises