The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   how tall are the royal ladies of ME and Africa? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/how-tall-are-the-royal-ladies-of-me-and-africa-12633.html)

rosa 05-10-2007 06:05 AM

how tall are the royal ladies of ME and Africa?

how about the tall of the royal ladies in these contries?
Is queen rania tall or in the average?

Quin 05-11-2007 12:05 PM

I imagine Queen Rania ("QR") is quite petite. I have seen her standing next to her husband King Abdullah ("KA") and she is smaller than he. KA is no more than 5' 6" and that's pushing it! His father, King Hussein ("KH"), was also smaller than KA but taller than QR. KH was often photographed by international photographers with his wife Queen Noor (nee Lisa Halaby) towering over him.

If you're looking for size, look into their lives. You will find these royals are much bigger than their physical size.

Quin 05-12-2007 11:36 PM

Update. I just saw some recent pictures of KA and QR and she stood taller than him. Think it was the high heels!

Veram98 05-13-2007 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quin
Update. I just saw some recent pictures of KA and QR and she stood taller than him. Think it was the high heels!

When I saw her in flesh from a short distance a few years ago I noticed that we have almost he same height (both wearing high heels): c. 1,70 m.

auntie 05-13-2007 05:40 AM

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but Abdullah is slightly shorter than his lovely wife, and KHussein was definitly shortedr than Noor, the only wife he wasn't shorter was QAlia!

isis 05-13-2007 11:17 AM

I think that queen Rania isn't very tall around 1.65m, Lalla Salma has the same tall, or a bit smaller
Both, wear very high heels (at least 10cms), this is for what, they seem tall beside other persons
in my opinion, the tallest women in royal ME, is Sheika Mouzha around 1.70m, and the smallest is the youngest daughter of King Hussein of Jordan (I forgot her name)

this is about the tall, about the proportion of the body, I think that queen rania and Sheikha Mozha has a nice body, well proportionate, Lalla Meriem (King M6's sister) has a very beautiful body (even if she isn't tall around 1.60m)

Prince of Chota 05-14-2007 07:20 AM

This is a very interesting thread. I have wondered the same thing myself, seeing photos of the Jordanian queens outsizing their husbands by a notch. I wonder how tall the Osman women are, considering that ethnic arabs do tend to be slightly taller than ethnic turks. Even still, there doesn't ever seem to be rhyme nor reason--some royals are very tall and some are exceedingly short...

sabiha 05-14-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isis
I think that queen Rania isn't very tall around 1.65m, Lalla Salma has the same tall, or a bit smaller
Both, wear very high heels (at least 10cms), this is for what, they seem tall beside other persons

I think that you are right, the two ladies aren't very tall, but with their very high heels, they seems to be
I read in another thread that lalla salma is about 1.70m, I don't think so, because, I saw a photo of him with her husband (who is in more 1.80m), it seems to be aound 15cm of differnence between the two, and she has heels about 6cms

HMQueenElizabethII 05-14-2007 11:42 AM

It's interesting to learn these facts. I did not know that Queen Rania isn't that tall as i have always thought that she should be around 1.75 or higher, but that is with the heels not herself.The same i also thought for Lalla Salma.They both appear quite tall in the pics.

rosa 05-16-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
It's interesting to learn these facts. I did not know that Queen Rania isn't that tall as i have always thought that she should be around 1.75 or higher, but that is with the heels not herself.The same i also thought for Lalla Salma.They both appear quite tall in the pics.

me too, I always though that queen rania is very tall, but according of many photos, it's seems that she isn't
on contrary, I always though that lalla salma is short no more than 1.60m, but many persons in this forum said that she is around 1.65m-1.67m, I don't know, perhpas they are true

loubna2 05-23-2007 05:57 AM

how tall is princess rym of jordan? she seems enough tall, I think that she is taller than queen rania
for me, queen rania is about 1.65m, and lalla salma is a little shorter than her

rosa 03-02-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loubna2 (Post 615870)
how tall is princess rym of jordan? she seems enough tall, I think that she is taller than queen rania
for me, queen rania is about 1.65m, and lalla salma is a little shorter than her

rym is tallest than rania it's obvious on photos, I think that she is about 1.68m, rania isn't a tall lady imo, she is aoround 1.62m at max 1.65m
about lalla salma I think that she has the same tall than rania

iakynthi 03-02-2009 09:17 AM

If Rania is 1.65m maximum,then I wonder how tall is Letizia.I've seen them in a picture standing next to each other and Letizia was some centimetres shorter.Perhaps Rania is not less than 1.65m and Letizia 1.60-1.62m.At least,let's hope...

rosa 03-02-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iakynthi (Post 901968)
If Rania is 1.65m maximum,then I wonder how tall is Letizia.I've seen them in a picture standing next to each other and Letizia was some centimetres shorter.Perhaps Rania is not less than 1.65m and Letizia 1.60-1.62m.At least,let's hope...

I think that P Leatizia is around 1.62m, she isn't tall but she has a very elegant bearing

salma 03-02-2009 11:55 AM

Rania is 1,65. Queen Noor is 1,75.

iakynthi 03-02-2009 12:00 PM

Wow!!Q.Noor is tall indeed!!Not that I'm surprised:she looked taller than K.Hussein in every picture.I should have expected that ;)

salma 03-08-2009 02:49 PM

Yes Iakynthi she is more tall than KH although she said in her biography she only is 5cm. more tall than King. For me this is not true.

iakynthi 03-08-2009 06:05 PM

I agree the difference between the couple seemed close to 10cm.Of course,Q.Noor loved her husband and didn't want to present their height difference as such,which is reasonable.

MAfan 03-08-2009 06:11 PM

Maybe the difference between Husain and Noor was really 5 cm, but wearing heels she looked much more tall...

salma 03-08-2009 06:48 PM

Mafan you can see pics Qnoor wearing flat shoes and the difference is more than 5cm.