The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/)
-   -   The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events 3 (April 2007 - May 2013) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/the-royal-family-of-the-netherlands-current-events-3-april-2007-may-2013-a-12545.html)

Empress 04-28-2007 10:43 PM

The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events 3 (April 2007 - May 2013)

Welcome to the 3rd thread for The Royal Family of the Netherlands' current events.

The previous thread can be found here

Please post current news and pictures only of the Dutch Royal Family in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules
TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
  • Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread via imagehost.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
  • Lastly, have fun and enjoy!

dazzling 05-13-2007 09:05 AM

12-05-2007 Amsterdam Ceremony of the cross over of the the Chairwomanship European Cultural Foundation at the Stadsschouwburg in Amsterdam - ppe pictures

Marengo 05-21-2007 06:26 AM

Queen Beatrix and Prince Willem-Alexander attended the jubileeconcert on the occasion of the 20 year existence of the serie MasterPianist of Riaskoff Concert Management, Martha Argerich and Nelson Freire, at the Royal Concert Building in Amsterdam.

PPE Pic 1 The other people in this picture are the mayor of Amsterdam, Job Cohen and lady-in-waiting Mrs. Mienthe Boellaard-Stheeman

PPE Pic 2

PPE Pic 3

More

Lucidu 06-22-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 629272)
Besides on monday,HRH has a function tomorrow friday june 22nd as she,in her capacity of Chair of the Curatorium,will open the Lustrum Symposium of the Prince Claus Chair,Noordeinde Palace.

Pics from ANP

http://s2.supload.com/free/5857521.jpg/view/
http://s2.supload.com/free/5857488.jpg/view/

Henri M. 06-22-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucidu (Post 629801)

I see that no one announced the arriving of the royals. All persons in the palaces were in animated chat and no one raised to greet the royals.

A faux pas for the Household organisation!

susan alicia 06-22-2007 11:04 AM

maybe on their own request but if it was an accident it would be typical Dutch, an egalitarian society.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M. (Post 629806)
I see that no one announced the arriving of the royals. All persons in the palaces were in animated chat and no one raised to greet the royals.

A faux pas for the Household organisation!

Lucidu 06-22-2007 11:21 AM

More of Maxima's speech

http://s2.supload.com/free/5857553.jpg/view/
http://s2.supload.com/free/5857801.jpg/view/

RachelD 06-22-2007 11:25 AM

Both the Queen's outifit and Maxima's outfit look alike! Well, in the fabric.
I wish I could understand Dutch! I'd LOVE to be able to hear Maxima give her speech.

prinsesbeagle 06-22-2007 11:32 AM

formality

Since this is something in the spirit of the wonderful (late) prince Claus, a strictly formal event would not be appropriate. It's about substance, not about standing up when royalty arrives. No faux pas at all imho.

Duke of Marmalade 06-22-2007 11:33 AM

WHOOAAA Nice neckline ;) Maxima is soooo JUST DO IT! Simply jumps back into her role after giving birth and a maternity break and goes on with her job, doing speeches and events of all kind. If her hair is messy from time to time, so what? That's just her and I admire her for it.

carlota 06-22-2007 11:33 AM

i agree rachel. such a shame there wasn't a video for the speech she gave in london in english!

it's nice to see maxima back in such a busy schedule again: the other day in london, two events in the netherlands and a photoshoot for alexia's birthday!

lucien 06-22-2007 12:18 PM

Speech by HRH today:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Het Koninklijk Huis

HM The Queen and TRH The Prince of Orange,Prince Friso and Prince Jaime de Borbon de Parma were also in attendance.

Courtesy RVD.
:flowers:

As to previous comments,it is custom to rise when HM and members of the RF make their entree,custom and courtesy towards the Monarch and Her House.

lucien 06-22-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 629842)
Speech by HRH today:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Het Koninklijk Huis

HM The Queen and TRH The Prince of Orange,Prince Friso,Princess Mabel and Prince Jaime de Borbon de Parma were also in attendance.

Courtesy RVD.

As to previous comments,it is custom to rise when HM and members of the RF make their entree,custom and courtesy towards the Monarch and Her House.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/A. v/d Werf.

dazzling 06-22-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 629859)
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/A. v/d Werf.

Queen & Maxima in similar color outfits. Maxima seems to be glowing, great to see her back alongside the queen.

Henri M. 06-22-2007 03:00 PM

Experienced functionaries left the Household

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 629842)

Indeed. I think that when HM was halfway the aisle, the audience suddenly realized her arrival and stumbled up to show respect.

Recently have left the Household Organisation:
- mr. G.H.A. (Gilbert) Monod de Froideville, Master of the Ceremonies to Her Majesty The Queen;
- mrs. E.A.S. (Sophie) Crena de Iongh-den Beer Poortugael, chef de bureau for the Court Marshal to Her Majesty The Queen.
Maybe the new functionaries have not yet 'it' in the fingers.

This 'problem' can easily be solved: a functionary moves forward and says: "Dames en heren: de Koningin!" ("Ladies and gentlemen: the Queen!") and all raise. It simply must have been overlooked because this is very 'un-Beatrix' who is very precize on this sort of things.

Kelly 06-22-2007 04:34 PM

Maxima looks wonderful! Is there a video of her speech?

Regina 06-22-2007 05:55 PM

Máxima is perfect in this outfit. Sometimes I don't like the way she dresses (too exuberant) but these last outfits were all gorgeous (imo).
Keep the good work, Maxima!

saphills 06-22-2007 06:20 PM

She looks great, I'm glad to see her back to work.

Verde Esmeralda 06-22-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan alicia (Post 629809)
maybe on their own request but if it was an accident it would be typical Dutch, an egalitarian society.

I agree on the egalitarianism...but come on guys, it was the Queen!! Maybe Máxima and WA still give the impression of a less-formal thing because they're still a) young and b) Princes. But if Beatrix came around, boy I would stand up. Even if she's not MY Queen!

missroyal 06-23-2007 04:02 AM

A link to a part of the speech (in english!)
Video week - 25