The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Harry and Prince William (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   The Reported Breakup - 14 April 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/the-reported-breakup-14-april-2007-a-12443.html)

Principessa Cano 04-14-2007 01:50 AM

The Reported Breakup - 14 April 2007

This is the Sun, so take it with a grain of salt.

The Sun Online - News: Wills and Kate split

secret_addict 04-14-2007 03:11 AM

"Prince William Splits With Girlfriend"
Prince William splits with girlfriend | NEWS.com.au

Hmmm... I suppose time will tell if what the articles say is true.

Principessa Cano 04-14-2007 03:17 AM

The BBC is now also on the story. I think this is a legit.

BBC NEWS | UK | Prince William splits from Kate

secret_addict 04-14-2007 03:19 AM

If this is legit, it really saddens me. I especially feel so sorry for Kate, who seems to have made a lot of sacrifices in order to keep the relationship going. But I suppose it's better to back out sooner rather than later...

trinny 04-14-2007 03:59 AM

Oh gosh I just heard this announced on a news ad on Channel 9 in Australia. Is it true? If it is I'm so sad for them, they seemed to be happy together ... and on a purely selfish tact I thought she'd make a wonderful Princess of Wales. :(

Warren 04-14-2007 04:07 AM

Even the BBC report seems to be based largely on the Sun story, so we don't know how accurate it is.

If we don't see William and Kate together again, we'll know it's true.

I guess this means the "Wife for William" thread could be back in play.
Some members will be pleased that Princess Theodora may get a second chance. :lol:

Madame Royale 04-14-2007 04:18 AM

Noooo!!!!

If it's true, that is a real shame :sad: I had such hopes for Kate as future Princess of Wales and Queen (ahead of myself I know, but it all just seemed to be moving along nicely).

Still, if it wasn't meant to be then I wish her every happiness.

I wonder how her mother shall be taking in though (if it's true). Maybe 'mummy' will be more devastated than Kate :rofl:

secret_addict 04-14-2007 04:25 AM

The problem for Kate is where does she go from here? Everything that she's done over the last 3 years or so has been tailored to suit the royal family and now that's gone. Breaking up with someone you've been with for so long is terrible enough, but I imagine the extra upheaval this will cause for Kate will make it extra devastating.

gabby_windsor 04-14-2007 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Principessa Cano
This is the Sun, so take it with a grain of salt.

The Sun Online - News: Wills and Kate split

But didn't they also break the story they were together in the first place? I think it's quite a modern trend having mini-marriages which the majority of the time don't end up lasting because well what's the point sort of been there done that sort of mentality.

Sancia 04-14-2007 04:54 AM

If they split and the cause of this is the media pressure, all I can say is "well done, guys!". I doubt that even the best trained royal/equally-born girlfriend will resist to this pressure.

mathilde16 04-14-2007 04:58 AM

Here the DAILY MIRROR say exactly the same thing:

Mirror.co.uk - News - Latest - Prince William breaks up with Kate

Warren 04-14-2007 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathilde16
Here the DAILY MIRROR say exactly the same thing:

The Mirror, like the BBC, is quoting the Sun story, not reporting it independently.

Crownprincess 04-14-2007 05:16 AM

Here is a link to a timeline of their relatioship. I cannot beleive that April 14th should really mark the end of it ! :sad:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=INMSJAECJ4ORTQFIQMGCFGGAVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2007/04/14/nkate214.xml

dazzling 04-14-2007 05:37 AM

Prince William breaks up with girlfriend

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Britain's Prince William has broken up with his longtime girlfriend Kate Middleton after a romance conducted under the full glare of the media spotlight.

Full article & source

maymayflying 04-14-2007 05:46 AM

It's really?

Amira 04-14-2007 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maymayflying
It's really?

according to CNN , its true

Prince*William breaks up with girlfriend - CNN.com

BeatrixFan 04-14-2007 05:53 AM

It's true and weren't we all taken for mugs? Well, I hope William isn't going to hang around too long. He needs to get himself a Princess and settle down. Madeleine is still avaliable and the longer he stays single the more boring he will be.

magnik 04-14-2007 05:55 AM

I heard it two housrs ago and I was little surprise ...

Or maybe it's simply next The Sun's revelation?

Any oficial statement of royal spokesman or anyone from the Palace?

BeatrixFan 04-14-2007 05:58 AM

Clarence House are silent on the issue but the BBC has it as it's main story.

acid_rain3075 04-14-2007 06:04 AM

isn't the Sun a british tabloid? am I the only one weirded out that all these news agencies, who are suppose to be some what reliable, are using a tabloid as the basis of their own stories