The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Norway (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Easter Holiday 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/easter-holiday-2007-a-12377.html)

Larzen 03-29-2007 04:12 AM

Easter Holiday 2007

EASTER PLANS FOR THE ROYAL FAMILY

The whole family, including the King and Queen, the Crown Prince Family and Princess Märtha Louise and family is expected to sikkilsdalen for easter. They will arive by night train, saturday before palm-sunday

The King and Queen will stay there the whole easter, the younger guard only the first half of the vacation.

http://www.gd.no/nyheter/article2662830.ece

This article was published before Sven O died so I dont know if there are made any changes

Just after easter Haakon is going to New York for an UNDP award, and Mette-Marit attends a space seminar with NASA astrounauts in Oslo (way out of what she usually does:rofl: ) Märtha will bring her family to a concert by the local school choir in Lommedalen where they live
kongehuset.no - Official engagements

Haakon and Mette-Marit will pay an official visit to South Korea 8-11 may 2007

Larzen 04-01-2007 05:37 AM

YEsterday the royals started arriving to Sikkilsdalen where they will spend parts of the easter vacation. Sonja and Harald came by train to Vinstra and Märtha and Ari and their girls drove as far as possible, until a military belt-wagon drove them the last distance. It is not known if or when the Crown Prince family will come
Pic På plass i Prinsehytta - gd.no

morhange 04-06-2007 06:53 PM

Ari looks like Billy Connolly! :lol:

Aurora810 04-06-2007 06:58 PM

The Norwegian royals obviously really like cold weather. I would have assumed they would choose a warmer climate for an Easter vacation

norwegianne 04-06-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora810
The Norwegian royals obviously really like cold weather. I would have assumed they would choose a warmer climate for an Easter vacation

It's Norwegian tradition - after a long winter, when spring comes, we go chasing the snow, with skis, oranges and Kvikk Lunch :lol:

Aurora810 04-06-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne
It's Norwegian tradition - after a long winter, when spring comes, we go chasing the snow, with skis, oranges and Kvikk Lunch :lol:

Very informative! I didn't know of this tradition, now I've learned something new!!

Her_Majesty 04-07-2007 01:50 PM

I just returned from my Skiing-vacations in Austria and when I see this pictures I want to go back directly. :lol:

norwegianne 04-07-2007 02:21 PM

Pictures from the easter holiday: VG Nett - Her faller Kongen

Only the King and the Queen participated in the yearly ski competition - according to VG the younger generation had left. As you can see from the pictures, King Harald fell.

Her_Majesty 04-07-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne
Only the King and the Queen participated in the yearly ski competition - according to VG the younger generation had left. As you can see from the pictures, King Harald fell.

Here are some more pictures and a little video.
It seems the crash wasn't too bad. :rolleyes:
Side 2

I first wondered why the King looked so waggly ... I had a closer look : those skis are country-cross skis, aren't they?
(That would explain why he looked so waggly... I hate going down a hill with those extremely narrow skis, too :rolleyes:)

KikkiB 04-08-2007 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Here are some more pictures and a little video.
It seems the crash wasn't too bad. :rolleyes:
Side 2

I first wondered why the King looked so waggly ... I had a closer look : those skis are country-cross skis, aren't they?
(That would explain why he looked so waggly... I hate going down a hill with those extremely narrow skis, too :rolleyes:)

With my experience in skiing, falling is a calculated risk you have to take ;) Thankfully, the snow is relatively soft and you wear several layers of clothes to soften the blow :smile: And since you are put into a pair of skis 2 seconds after you have learnt to walk, you get used to falling over. Eventually, you figure out how to fall over with the least amount of pain. And at tip for the king, next year chose touring skis, they are a bit wider and designed to go both "of piste" and in tracks.

Her_Majesty 04-10-2007 06:08 AM

Some more pictures of the Royal Couple:

Queen Sonja
Queen Sonja
Boring?;)

King Harald
King Harald :rolleyes:
Harald fell

ANP

Marie-Anne 04-13-2007 11:27 AM

Another video about the ski competition
Måler båndbredde