The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/british-royal-family-current-events-4-march-2007-july-2011-a-12331.html)

Warren 03-30-2007 04:42 AM

British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

Welcome to the British Royal Family current events 4
commencing March 2007

Part 3, covering the period June 2006 to March 2007 can be found here
o

Avalon 04-05-2007 03:13 PM

Prince Charles to 'support' the Queen at Commonwealth Conference

Queen Elizabeth II and her son, Prince Charles, will both attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Uganda this year, Buckingham Palace announced in London Thursday. It will be the first time for Prince Charles, 58, to attend a meeting of leaders of Commonwealth countries which takes place every two years, Clarence House said.
Royal watchers said it was extremely rare for both the monarch and the heir to the throne to be in the same overseas country at the same time on official duties.
Prince Charles would be accompanied by his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, during the visit to Kampala in November.
"The prince was asked to go by the president of Uganda and he is very pleased to go," said a spokeswoman.

fanletizia 04-08-2007 10:00 AM

British Royalty attending the tradtional Easter Sunday Service, St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, Britain - 08 Apr 2007

Fotobanka isifa image service

Avalon 04-08-2007 11:37 AM

More pictures of the Royals, Easter Sunday Service, St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, Britain - 08 Apr 2007.

Pictures:
The Queen and Prince Philip 1
The Queen and Prince Philip 2
The Queen

The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Sophie and Peter Phillps

The Earl of Wessex, Princess Anne, Timothy and Peter Phillips
Princess Anne (Princess Anne looks very elegant)

HMQueenElizabethII 04-08-2007 11:42 AM

It's great to see the family out about again.It is strange seeing that the Countess chose to go with the colour of black and white theme this time, i don't mind with her hat at all, she looked fine. The Queen looked great again with this lovely purple outfit and opted with a new flowery hat.

Warren 04-08-2007 11:44 AM

As usual, Sophie arrived with the Queen:

HM & Countess of Wesex
Countess of Wessex

Avalon 04-08-2007 12:29 PM

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall sttended the Easter Service at Crathie Kirk, Balmoral, Scotland. This is Camilla's first public appearance after the operation.
Picture: Prince Charles and Camilla
(credit: Hornsen, originally posted in Charles and Camilla Current Events thread).

Aurora810 04-08-2007 01:56 PM

Lovely pics everyone. Nice to see Camilla back out. Glad she's doing well. Wonder why Charles looks so red in the photo?

iceflower 04-09-2007 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora810
Lovely pics everyone. Nice to see Camilla back out. Glad she's doing well. Wonder why Charles looks so red in the photo?

From time to time, his face looks red, something totally normal..:smile:

Here is another picture gallery from abaca: Easter 2007
I missed Beatrice and Eugenie this year, but I loved Sophie's white dress and as to the fact that the younger generation was missing, the Queen was the real star this time, colourful and charming, very nice :smile:

viola 04-09-2007 07:03 AM

The Queen looks elegant.

crisscross1 04-09-2007 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren
As usual, Sophie arrived with the Queen:

HM & Countess of Wesex

Is this to do with protocol, or just because the two ladies enjoy each others company? :ermm:

stellad 04-09-2007 08:06 AM

Loved the Queen's hat and how the Duke's tie compliments the Queen's outfit. I think the Queen genuinely enjoys the company of Sophie and it seems as if it has now become a regular thing that Sophie accompanies the Queen in the car. It happened at Xmas as well.

Stellad

Warren 04-09-2007 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stellad
I think the Queen genuinely enjoys the company of Sophie and it seems as if it has now become a regular thing that Sophie accompanies the Queen in the car. It happened at Xmas as well.

It's been this way for a few years now; Sophie and HM in the back seat of the car: the right royal seal of approval. :smile:

Avalon 04-09-2007 12:13 PM

Chic Royal ladies parade eye-catching Easter bonnets

Onlookers at Windsor Castle were treated to an extra stylish Easter parade on Sunday as the Royal family's leading ladies tipped their hats to spring. Sophie, Countess of Wessex, led the way with a slant-brimmed white straw creation bearing a flourish of black feathers as she joined more than 400 people for an Easter service in St George's Chapel.
Also displaying her sartorial savvy was Princess Anne, who opted for a nautical-style lemon and navy stripe affair. But there was no doubt as to who had the best bonnet of all.

Pictures:
The Queen
Princess Anne
Countess of Wessex

corazon 04-09-2007 01:06 PM

sophie look great and very happy!
the princesses princess and beatrice go to the church?

Avalon 04-09-2007 01:26 PM

Neither Princess Beatrice or Eugenie, nor the Wales family were present there.

CATS 04-09-2007 02:33 PM

Eugenie & Beatrice don't go unless their father is there. Prince Andrew is in Guyana right now on a private visit, but he may be in Brazil by now.

sophie 04-10-2007 06:34 AM

sophie

i loved that outfit sophie had on. i might be wrong but if you have a young child in the family the mother is suppose to ride with the queen?

iowabelle 04-10-2007 06:28 PM

I think that Sophie is a favorite of the Queen's (and Lady Louise's age has no bearing on that). The Queen really seemed to bond with Sophie after Sophie's ectopic pregnancy. And, from what I have read, the Queen might sense that in Sophie she finally has a reliable daughter-in-law.

Iluvbertie 04-10-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon
Neither Princess Beatrice or Eugenie, nor the Wales family were present there.

I know that Charles and Camilla went to church in Scotland and that Harry was in the Carribean but does anyone know if William was on duty or whether he attended church with his regiment?

I assume that the other royals went to church somewhere but just not at a public service type situation.

As Andrew was in Guayana (sp) I assume that the girls were with their Mum. I wonder if they went to church somewhere with her?

Avalon 04-13-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

ROYAL SUPPORT FOR THE SCOUTING AND GUIDING MOVEMENTS

On 22 April 2007, The Queen will review the annual Queen's Scouts Parade at Windsor Castle. 2007 also marks the centenary of the Scout movement in the UK.
This month's Focus looks at Royal connections to the Scouting and Guiding movements, from members of the Royal Family who were involved as children in the organisations, to links with the Sovereign and royalty which the Scouts and Guides still enjoy today.

The article also includes some rare and beautiful pictures.

Jose 04-15-2007 05:47 AM

Queen Elizabeth is elegant dress and big hat beautiful.!!! Queen is over 80 age and good healt!! Queen with royal family and duchess Camilla sitting car. Duchess Camilla see out good healt and happy!

RoyalProtocol 04-23-2007 01:07 PM

Does anyone have any picture of Members of The Royal Family Attending the Service for The Royal Victorian Order at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle on Friday, 20th April 2007

CasiraghiTrio 04-23-2007 02:13 PM

I wonder who in the BRF will attend Yeltsin's funeral. I hope the person/people who will represent The Queen at the funeral of Yeltsin is a very senior member, if not the Queen herself, I hope for The Prince of Wales or the Duke of Edinburgh. Anyone else besides those three, or one of them, would be a bit insulting to the great importance of this man.

RoyalProtocol 04-23-2007 02:54 PM

I severly doubt if Her Majesty will attend Yeltsin's funeral, after all Kings and Queens are not even given this honour by The Queen. The United Kingdom will probably be represented by a Government Minister or maby even The British Ambassador to Moscow, I am almost certain there will be no Royal presence at all, not even European.

CasiraghiTrio 04-23-2007 04:46 PM

Well, if no royal presence, I would hope at least the Prime Minister. I think considering the magnitude of Yeltsin's impact (better or worse, I should think a political analysis inappropriate discussion here) no matter what anyone's personal view of the man, Heads of State should as a general rule be all present. If the Queen cannot do it, that's understandable, because she so rarely does this at all, but at least a senior member of her family, or the Prime Minister. No less, I should hope.

HMQueenElizabethII 04-23-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose
Queen Elizabeth is elegant dress and big hat beautiful.!!! Queen is over 80 age and good healt!! Queen with royal family and duchess Camilla sitting car. Duchess Camilla see out good healt and happy!

Sorry if i did not catch up, Jose but when was the event you mentioned The Queen along with the Royal Family as well as the Duchess of Cornwall sit in car together?I do not think of any events recently yet. The only event gather members of the Royal Family recently was the Order of Victoria Service held in St. George's Chapel which was mentioned by RoyalProtocol.However as i have read on GREMB that from the Queen's children only the Earl of Wessex and The Princess Royal (who was installed as Grand Master of the Order) and her husband. Unfortunately, i have been researched alo these days but no photos from any agencies of both events:Royal Victoria Order Service and Queen's Scouts Parade. The press seemed focus on other matters and not get update on these events.:sad:

RoyalProtocol 04-25-2007 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Well, if no royal presence, I would hope at least the Prime Minister. I think considering the magnitude of Yeltsin's impact (better or worse, I should think a political analysis inappropriate discussion here) no matter what anyone's personal view of the man, Heads of State should as a general rule be all present. If the Queen cannot do it, that's understandable, because she so rarely does this at all, but at least a senior member of her family, or the Prime Minister. No less, I should hope.

My apologies it appears that HRH The Duke of York represented Her Majesty The Queen and Sir John Major, KG also represented the UK

Avalon 04-26-2007 12:46 PM

"Royal Weddings 1840-1947 from Queen Victoria to Queen Elizabeth II" exhibition has started at the Windsor Castle. The exhibition marks the diamond wedding anniversary of HM The Queen and HRH Prince Phillip and is on display at the Drawings Gallery, Windsor Castle from 27 April 2007 Đ March 2008.

A couple of photos:

The Queen Mother (then Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon) and King George's (then Prince Albert) private wedding photograph album
Letter of King George (then Prince Alebrt) to his parents after his engagement to Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon

Gallery of pictures from isifa.

HRH Kimetha 04-28-2007 02:01 PM

Thank you for the great links, Avalon. The letter to his parents was quite lovely and enduring by a man in love with both his Elizabeth and his parents.

Looking at the early photos of the couple in the 'gardens'(?) was also a peek into a couple very much in love. Although the fashions back then made many women look "frumpy", the love struck man could easily see through the 'almost' covered woman to make her his sweet bride.:smile:

Avalon 05-12-2007 12:34 PM

Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, the Countess of Wessex and several other members of the Royal Family attended the third day of Royal Windsor Horse Show on May 12, 2007 in Berkshire, England.

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth
Prince Philip & Lady Romsey
The Countess of Wessex 1
The Countess of Wessex 2

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa
Gallery of Prictures from Getty

iceflower 05-13-2007 02:39 AM

Thanks a lot for posting the pics and links, Avalon!

I especially like the pics of Sophie, she looks so great with her casual clothes combined with those special details
like the shoes and the sunglasses..She should have brought little Louise with her, there were many attractions for
little girls and boys as well..:smile:

HMQueenElizabethII 05-13-2007 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon
Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, the Countess of Wessex and several other members of the Royal Family attended the third day of Royal Windsor Horse Show on May 12, 2007 in Berkshire, England.

Thanks for the links of beautiful pics, Avalon. I just wonder if any other members of the Royal Family attended the event that i did not notice, as i have just only saw The Queen, the DoE, and the Countess of Wessex only. Besides, Christopher, Sophie's father also attended, but he is not a member of the Royal Family.

Avalon 05-14-2007 12:44 PM

Timothy Taylor (the husband of Lady Helen Taylor) with son Columbus Taylor were there as well. And i think (but not sure) I saw Lady Amelia Windsor as well.

iceflower 05-14-2007 04:07 PM

Here are two more nice pics of Prince Philip and Prince Michael of Kent at the Royal Windsor Horse Show,
Windsor, Berkshire, Britain - 13 May 2007:

Prince Philip

Prince Michael

Nichola 05-14-2007 04:12 PM

I like the way Sophie's father is included in these informal events - they must enjoy his company.

Avalon 05-29-2007 05:36 PM

Man to eat corgi in royal protest :ohmy: :sick: :blink:

A performance artist will eat a corgi live on British radio tonight in a protest over the Royal Family's alleged ill-treatment of animals.
Mark McGowan, who once ate a swan in a performance art show, would dine on cooked canine, the Queen's favourite breed of dog on the Bob and Roberta Smith radio program, broadcast on the London-based arts station Resonance FM, the British Press Association said.

BeatrixFan 05-29-2007 06:22 PM

What a fool. He needs a good slap.

Elspeth 05-29-2007 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
He's going to eat a dog to protest other people's ill treatment of animals? :corgi:

Aurora810 05-29-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
He's going to eat a dog to protest other people's ill treatment of animals? :corgi:

Thank you! That's exactly what I was thinking! And besides it's radio no one can see anything so it sounds to me like this is all for the ratings.

hornsen 06-05-2007 12:54 PM

Queen opens law-making Welsh Assembly | 24dash.com - Local Government

Official opening of the Third Welsh Assembly, Wales, Britain - 05 Jun 2007

Nice pic form C+C, the caption says they are holding hands but, I´m not sure
[img=http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8241/walij0.th.jpg]

milla Ca 06-05-2007 01:54 PM

TRH begin their annual summer tour of Wales and accompany The Queen to the opening of the Third National Assembly for Wales
5th June

The Prince of Wales - TRH begin their annual summer tour of Wales and accompany The Queen to the opening of the Third National Assembly for Wales

Charles and Camilla
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Camilla and The Queen
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

hornsen 06-05-2007 02:02 PM

I really love her wedding outfit. But that she is wearing it more often is very unusual for me.

milla Ca 06-05-2007 02:15 PM

She had two wedding oufits and i think she wouldn´t wear the one from the church service again.
Here too, you often wear the dress from the registry office again but not the one you wear in the church.
So i think it is not so unusual.

Some more pics of today (and also of yesterday)

Isn´t this one sweet? :wub:
Charles and Camilla holding hands
( First posted from hornsen today in the threat ´´British Royal Family in current events´´)

hornsen 06-05-2007 04:10 PM

Camilla is getting a helping hand with her hat
[img=http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1090/wal6yt0.th.jpg]
polfoto

iowabelle 06-05-2007 04:35 PM

You're right, that was her wedding suit! I hadn't noticed.

Well, she probably wears it because it brings back some good memories. And I think she looks good in it.

hornsen 06-05-2007 05:36 PM

Camilla recycles wedding dress two years after big day | the Daily Mail

It could have been packed away in tissue paper, its one day of glory over. But the Duchess of Cornwall loved her wedding dress too much to leave it at the back of her wardrobe.

The Daily Mail didn´t research exactly (as usually). Camilla did wear it two times after marriage, on her first appearance on "the balcony" and on a second event but, I couldn´t find it now.

CasiraghiTrio 06-05-2007 05:54 PM

She recycled the dress and overcoat, but accessorized differently almost across the board: different hat, bag, but the same shoes, right?
Shes also wearing the very queenly gloves now. She didn't wear them on the wedding day, did she?
Good eye, hornsen. I wouldn't have noticed their oversight.

BeatrixFan 06-05-2007 07:26 PM

A simply gorgeous shot of the Princess from GettyImages.

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/2474/74410374vy2.jpg

CasiraghiTrio 06-05-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
A simply gorgeous shot of the Princess from GettyImages.

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/2474/74410374vy2.jpg

I agree. What a beautiful smile. She reminds me strongly of Laura in that one.

Avalon 06-06-2007 12:36 AM

Great pictures, thank you everyone! :flowers:

I particularly love this two pictures: Prince Charles 1 ; Prince Charles 2
The kids surely do look like they love their future King! :smile:

And of course, the picture of Prince Charles and Camilla holding hands is simply great. :wub:

iceflower 06-06-2007 02:45 AM

Thanks for all the great pics, it's wonderful to see the them all together and they've all looked very good, especially the Queen and Camilla - although I consider it a bit confusing to see her in her wedding dress again..;) :smile:

amy0411 06-07-2007 06:44 AM

Those were such sweet photos of them!

iceflower 06-13-2007 02:37 AM

Pics 12.6.2007

Anne, the Princess Royal waits for the arrival of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh at Horse Guards for the Household Cavalry Pageant, in London, UK on June 12, 2007 abaca:

Anne
The Queen
Picture gallery

Avalon 06-17-2007 02:34 PM

Members of the British Royal Family, Prime Minister Tony Blair and former Prime Minister Lady Thatcher took part in the commemorations to mark the 25th anniversary of the liberation of the Falkland Islands by British Military forces that are taking place in the United Kingdon and The Falkland Islands. June 17, 2007 in London.

Pictures:
Prince Charles, The Duchess of Cornwall, Baroness Thatcher & Tony Blair
Prince Charles & The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duchess of Cornwall & Tony Blair
Prince Andrew & Margaret Thatcher

Gallery of Pictures from Getty

BeatrixFan 06-17-2007 02:43 PM

Baroness Thatcher looks lovely. That pink colour is very flattering and bright and she seems to have a brilliant relationship with the Royal Family. Tony Blair and Camilla seem to have got on well today too.

A lovely clip from the BBC: BBC Media Selector

Especially nice is Margaret Thatcher surrounded by the soldiers as they cheer her and shake her hand. She appears to be crying. Very touching indeed.

milla Ca 07-11-2007 03:59 AM

The body beautiful

Your guide to make up and more by Lesley Thomas. This week: royal beauty

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/core/Cont...site=11&page=0

hornsen 07-11-2007 03:44 PM

Are there any photos of C+C from garden party at Buckingham Palace?

Nico 07-11-2007 04:02 PM

yes i'm searching the same thing.I've already seen a pic of the POW but i'm not sure that the DOC was there this year.

hornsen 07-11-2007 04:12 PM

Camilla attended the party. It was written on the website of the BRF and on the Court Circular of The Times.

Avalon 07-11-2007 04:18 PM

Camilla should have been present at the Garden Party, but there are no pictures so far.

Here are some other pictures however:
Queen Elizabeth talks to people
The Prince of Wales talks to people (originally posted by milla Ca in Prince Charles current events thread)
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip move to the huge (!) crowd

iceflower 07-17-2007 10:50 AM

Pics 17.7.2007

Queen Elizabeth ll , Prince Philip, Prince Edward, Earl of Essex and Sophie, Countess of Wessex
arrive at a garden party in Buckingham palace , London, England - 17.07.07

The Queen and Prince Philip
Sophie and Edward
Sophie

Nichola 07-17-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon (Post 639547)
Camilla should have been present at the Garden Party, but there are no pictures so far.

Maybe she was opening her birthday gifts and eating cake.:biggrin:

It's nice to see Edward and Sophie together. I love Sophie's hat - worn the first time for C&C's wedding.

HMQueenElizabethII 07-17-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon (Post 639547)

It's strange, Avalon. Because on the Court Circular, the Duchess's name was listed, also other members of the Royal Family who attended and we do not see in pictures including the Earl and the Countess of Wessex, the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra of Kent.

Avalon 07-17-2007 01:43 PM

Garden Parties are organized quite often, and quite often they don't get the same focus from the Media as other Royal events, perhaps that's the reason we didn't have pictures of a few Royals, who should have beeon the Garden Party on July 12.
Another possible explanation - that Garden Party was among the biggest ever organized by the Palace. If the Duchess only made a brief appearance, it would be hard to spot her among the huge crowd.

Thanks a lot for the pictures from the recent recent Garden Party Iceflower. :flowers:
It's nice to see Edward & Sophie together, and I simply love the picture of the Queen and the Duke.

iceflower 09-02-2007 10:19 AM

Pics 2.9.2007

Queen Elizabeth II, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Princess Royal and her husband Vice-Admiral Timothy
Laurence leave Crathie church in Crathie Kirk, Aberdeenshire, after attending the Sunday sermon, 2 Sep 2007:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

iceflower 09-07-2007 03:54 PM

Pics 6.9.2007

Several members of the royal family were attending the wedding of
Chloe Delevigne at St Paul's, Knightsbridge, London, UK, yesterday
06/09/2007, so I post the pics here:

Eugenie**Beatrice

Sarah and her girls

Extremely cute Margarita (the daughter of Serena and David) as a bridesmaid

Pregnant Sophie :smile:

And not to forget the bride Chloe herself ;)

Bella 09-07-2007 04:29 PM

Great pictures, Iceflower! Little Margarita is quite the beautiful child! Sarah actually looks pretty good, too. And Sophie. I like Eugenie's dress. I think Beatrice's shoes are too high, though. She looks awkward. BTW, who's the bride and how is she connected to all these royals?

iceflower 09-08-2007 02:35 AM

You're welcome, Bella :flowers: I've no idea who the bride is, a society girl
I guess, she appears quite often at events in London, that's all I know..
Here's an article about the wedding guests, including another pic of Sarah,
but no more information about the bride:

Redheads Geri and Fergie's wedding date

Warren 09-08-2007 03:50 AM

Top posh toffs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 663955)
BTW, who's the bride and how is she connected to all these royals?

Here's an article from The Independent (London), Dec 2004.
She is the daughter of a property developer and stylist, and was a student of biomedical science at University College, London.

Another take (June 2007): Toffs at the top: your guide to the new posh. This is quite an interesting gossipy article for royal and society watchers, with lots of familiar names (Wales, York, Middleton, Casiraghi, Hanover, Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, Goldsmith, Rothschild, etc).
Here's the relevant part on Ms Delevigne:

Chloe and Poppy Delevigne, 21 and 23
Who Society beauties and girls about town.
Party power Chloe has just opened her own members’ club with her fiancé, Louis Buckworth, in South Kensington – they gave Princess Bea membership for her birthday.
Naughtiness factor Too nice to get caught in any trouble.
Glamour gauge Immaculately turned out and stunning.
Poppy has worked for Versace and is the face of Anya Hindmarch. She also worked the catwalk for Julien MacDonald.
Posh factor Mum, Pandora, was a 1970s socialite; Dad is a property developer. Perfect Chelsea posh.

iceflower 09-09-2007 02:56 AM

Thank you for the information about Chloe Delevigne, Warren ;):smile:

Here are some more pics I've found of Sarah, Beatrice, Eugenie and
other guests at the wedding, unfortunately there aren't any of Serena
and David, but I'm sure they were there as to Margarita..:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

iceflower 09-10-2007 09:11 AM

Here they are : more pics, including some of Serena and David at the wedding:

Sarah and another wedding guest
Serena and David ** David

Sophie 1 ** Sophie 2

Sarah and Eugenie ** Sarah with Bea and Eugenie

iceflower 09-18-2007 09:34 AM

Pics 18.9.2007

Several members of the Royal Family were present at the Isabella Blow
Tribute at Guards Chapel today, September 18, 2007 in London, England.

The magazine editor and international style icon died at the age of 48 in
May. Jackson/Getty Images/Polfoto

Prince and Princess Michael with Lady Gabriella

Sarah Ferguson with Princess Beatrice
Sarah 2 ** Sarah 3

Princess Michael ** Lady Gabriella
Sarah and Beatrice

iceflower 09-19-2007 03:59 PM

Pics 19.9.2007

Another sad event several members of the Royal Family attended today:

Princess and Prince Michael of Kent, Princess Alexandra and Sarah Ferguson attending
the funeral of Mark Birley, founder of Mayfair club Annabel's, at St Paul's in Knightsbridge,
London, UK, 19/09/2007.

Prince and Princess Michael
Princess Alexandra ** Princess Michael

Sarah 1 ** Sarah 2

Group picture with Margaret Thatcher

BeatrixFan 09-19-2007 04:32 PM

Princess Michael, what has become of you? Velvet sleeves? Ye Gods, if Marie-Christine is losing it style wise then we're in for a rough old ride with the real frumps.

iceflower 09-20-2007 02:21 AM

Here's another link with pics from yesterday :flowers:---> abaca pics

BeatrixFan 10-12-2007 07:26 AM

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are currently attending the opening of a new memorial to the armed forces. Camilla is wearing a black suit with what looks like a new black hat but the real gem is the whopping great brooch she's wearing - it's one of the Queen Mother's but I'm not sure which. I'll see if I can find some pics.

milla Ca 10-12-2007 01:50 PM

12th October
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall joined Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh to pay tribute to the thousands of servicemen and women killed since the end of the Second World War, at the dedication of a memorial to honour them.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall

Charles and Camilla (with the new brooch (for BeatrixFan:flowers:))

The Prince practices his job as a grandpa :wub:

Charles and Camilla after the ceremony

BeatrixFan 10-12-2007 01:57 PM

Thankyou Milla Ca! Now, does anyone know which brooch it is that Camilla is wearing? It looks very Queen Motherish. Have to say that the hat without the net infestation would be very chic. With the net it puts me in mind of a rather famous saying about wire hangers.

Skydragon 10-12-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan (Post 679106)
Now, does anyone know which brooch it is that Camilla is wearing? It looks very Queen Motherish. Have to say that the hat without the net infestation would be very chic.

The netting was a trifle too much! :flowers: Although I like the navy suit. :flowers:

Queen dedicates forces memorial - Yahoo! News UK

"We sometimes take for granted the expectation that our Armed Forces are professional, loyal and dedicated," said Prince Charles, patron of the AFM Trust.
- - - - - - - -
It really is an overwhelming experience looking at all the names on it so far and long overdue, IMO.
(sorry if the article and my comment is in the wrong thread)

hornsen 10-12-2007 04:42 PM

Abaca Press Americas Search Results

(Hello Daily Mail, where is Camilla´s platinum hair gone...?:lol:)

Roslyn 10-12-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan (Post 679106)
Thankyou Milla Ca! Now, does anyone know which brooch it is that Camilla is wearing? It looks very Queen Motherish. Have to say that the hat without the net infestation would be very chic. With the net it puts me in mind of a rather famous saying about wire hangers.

The brooch is indeed Queen Motherish, and might have been a favourite. I have a number of photos of her wearing it. Here's one from the net:

http://www.stephen-roberts.com/HM-Queen1b.jpg

As for the other net, I don't mind it. As a matter of fact I like it. I think it adds a soft, feathery quality, without the feathers. :smile:

Avalon 10-13-2007 06:48 AM

TRH attend the Dedication Ceremony for the Armed Forces Memorial

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall joined Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh to pay tribute to the thousands of servicemen and women killed since the end of the Second World War, at the dedication of a memorial to honour them.
The new National Armed Forces Memorial, in Alrewas, Staffordshire, pays tribute to members of the UK's Armed Forces killed on duty or as a result of terrorist action since 1948.
The royal party entered the ceremony as a military band, seated in front of the memorial's Portland stone walls, played the National Anthem.

BeatrixFan 10-13-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn (Post 679245)
The brooch is indeed Queen Motherish, and might have been a favourite. I have a number of photos of her wearing it. Here's one from the net:

http://www.stephen-roberts.com/HM-Queen1b.jpg

As for the other net, I don't mind it. As a matter of fact I like it. I think it adds a soft, feathery quality, without the feathers. :smile:

Thanks for this Roslyn. I thought it was one of the QMs but I couldn't be sure - thanks for confirming! :flowers:

Warren 10-14-2007 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan (Post 679612)
Thanks for this Roslyn. I thought it was one of the QMs but I couldn't be sure - thanks for confirming! :flowers:

This brooch was first worn in March 2006. Here are the links to two posts with pics, originally posted by... BeatrixFan. :biggrin:
Brooch 1
Brooch 2

BeatrixFan 10-14-2007 06:59 AM

I swear I'm getting dementia - completely forgot about that. Thanks Warren!

Avalon 10-15-2007 08:09 AM

Impressive brooch, I didn't remember it from last year. :smile:

Some more pictures from October 12.
I don't think these were posted before. They are taken when the Royals arrived by the Royal train at Rugeley Trent Valley Station.

Pictures:
The Queen 1
The Queen 2
The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Queen and the Prince of Wales(and the hat of the Duchess of Cornwall)
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh
The Queen, the Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall

Queen Elizabeth II, pictured naming a train in honour of her diamond wedding at Rugeley Trent Valley Station in Rugeley

CasiraghiTrio 10-20-2007 11:00 PM

Saturday, 20 October 2007
Prince William and Prince Harry joined the British fans at the Rugby World Cup match between England and South Africa, in Le Stade de France, the French national stadium in Saint-Denis, outside Paris. South Africa defeated England 15-6 thus seizing the World Cup. TRH watched the match from a VIP enclosure along with one of their Tomlinson friends (Mark or Luke, I never remember which is which) and the son of Clive & Jayne Woodward who also accompanied Harry to the 13 October match between England & France. The name of the Woodward son's name, I don't know.

See pictures courtesy of Associated Press/Mark Baker (via Yahoo! News) and Reuters/Eddie Keogh.

Two Polfoto galleries with new pics from the rugby world cup: Search: Prince William (12 pics)
Search: Prince Harry (also 12 pics but different)

Daily Mail Picture 1
Daily Mail Picture 2

Was The Princess Royal there?
I checked pictures of Gordon Brown at the match such as here but no sight of Princess Anne. Brown met with French President Sarkozy and the President of South Africa, Thabo Mbeki, at the Élysee Palace before the match. I imagine if Anne had been there representing The Queen, she would have sat in the area of these men, or one of them. I didn't see any sign of her anywhere.

iceflower 10-21-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 682575)
Was The Princess Royal there?

She was, take a look at this pic :flowers:

-----> Anne 20.10.2007

Avalon 10-29-2007 10:20 AM

I've moved posts about the blackmail plot to Royal Blackmail Plot royal thread.

CasiraghiTrio 12-14-2007 09:05 AM

13 December 2007
After visiting the new Emmaus community centre for homeless people in West Norwood, South London, HRH The Duchess of Cornwall joined her son and daughter, Tom Parker Bowles and Laura Lopes, and stepson HRH Prince William for a private dinner at Scott's Restaurant, Mayfair.

"Around the corner," says The Daily Mail, HRH The Duke of York was dining with his family, including daughter Princess Beatrice's boyfriend, David Clark, at Cipriani Restaurant.

William swaps the nightclub for a quiet meal with Camilla - and there's no sign of Charles or Harry | the Daily Mail

CasiraghiTrio 12-25-2007 08:15 AM

Christmas Day, 25 December 2007
The Queen
The Queen
The Queen
The Queen
The Queen and Reverend Jonathan Riviere
The Queen and the Reverend again
The Queen and the Reverend yet again
Princess Beatrice
Princess Beatrice
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duchess tries to catch up to The Queen & company
Sources: Kirsty Wigglesworth/AP, Toby Melville/Reuters & The Daily Mail

The BBC Report

Expect more to be posted soon at the following link:
Yahoo! News British Royal Family Slideshow

Avalon 12-25-2007 10:32 AM

Some more pictures:

The Queen 1
The Queen 2
The Queen 3
The Queen receives flowers

The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall

The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

The Duke of York & Princess Eugenie
Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice

Princess Beatrice
Princess Beatrice
Princess Beatrice
Princess Eugenie
Princess Eugenie

The Duke of York
The Earl of Wessex
The Princess Royal

The Queen looks marvelous. As always. I may be a little tired of that black bag, but nevertheless, she is perfect. I even like that hat with multi-coloured feathers.
The Duchess of Cornwall - wonderful. I love the purple coat, I love the hat (would be much better if it weren't black, but it's very nice anyway), wonderful set of brooches, elegant gloves. The stockings could have been a bit darker, but overall, a very nice impression.
The Princess Royal - I love Anne, she's one of my facvurite Royals ever. But that coat, and that hat were among the most ugliest things I've ever seen. Especially together.
Princess Beatrice... I hate the coat, I hate the shoes, I hate the stockings, and I completely loath that headpiece - I've never seen anything as horrible even during the Ascot.
Princess Eugenie - a major surprise, because I actually like her. She is much better then Beatrice anyway. I like her coat, although I have an impression it doesn't fit her completely. The belt, at least not that one, shouldn't have been there. The hat is a very nice and I suppose also warm one. And I do like her hairstyle quite a lot. Even her shoes & stockings work, combined with the rest of the outfit.

The Duke of Edinburgh - perfect as always. I love his electric blue tie.
The Prince of Wales - perfect again. Awesome shoes, great tie & coat.
The Duke of York - a bit too dark for my taste, but nevertheless very elegant. The umbrella & the tie fitted perfectly. :biggrin:
The Earl of Wessex - Again too dark, but elegant.

HighGoalHighDreams 12-25-2007 02:11 PM

Bea and Eugenie shine as Royals brave the rain for traditional Sandringham service | the Daily Mail

Roslyn 12-27-2007 08:31 PM

Thanks so much, CT and Avalon, for posting pics of the RF going to Church on Christmas Day. We've been away visiting family for Christmas, and I've been looking forward to seeing the pics. :flowers:

Bella 12-28-2007 09:45 AM

Thanks CasT and Avalon for the photos. The Queen looked wonderful, very animated. The color of her coat was very flattering, imo. I really like the photo of Pss Anne smiling. She looks quite pretty. You can tell Prince Edward is still glowing from the birth of his son. In the last photo of Prince Andrew he does not look amused. But's still very attractive. The York girls - well, I think Pss Beatrice looked nice (sorry, Avalon). She looks like she's slimming down and appears for elegant than usual. That hat has got to go, but I think the coat and shoes were fine. White is not usually a good color for a big girl like Pss Eugenie, but her haircut looks cute.

evnovoros 12-28-2007 10:17 AM

Royals Attend Christmas Day Service At Sandringham

British royal family brighten up a rainy Christmas morning

sophie25 12-28-2007 05:46 PM

Beatrice's coat looks like an old army coat and that hat, the style and colour of which is horrendous anyway,teamed with the coat just makes the whole outfit look worse. I have to laugh at some newspapers saying she was "leading the style stakes" on Christmas Day they must either be blind or completely sycophantic.

bertie5252003 12-30-2007 02:03 AM

Someone help those York girls. their ongoing fashion disasters outnumbered only by their mother's. I LOVE the Queen's festive day outfit gosh I think Her Majesty looks better all the time.

amy0411 01-03-2008 07:00 PM

Can anybody tell me, if the Duke and Katherine, Duchess of Kent were there at Sandringham for christmas?