The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of Italy (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f81/)
-   -   Royal House of Savoy current events 2 : March 2007 - (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f81/royal-house-of-savoy-current-events-2-march-2007-a-12318.html)

Warren 03-28-2007 07:18 AM

Royal House of Savoy current events 2 : March 2007 -
 

Royal House of Savoy

current events part 2, commencing March 2007

Part 1, covering 2002 - March 2007 can be found here

Sancia 03-28-2007 07:47 AM

We are beginning this post with these news:

Vittorio Emanuele has just been released from all charges from the criminal procedure against him in front of the Court of Como (for crimes connected with a gambling house). Now waiting to see wat happens in front of the court of Potenza.
There has been very few coverage about this releasing in Italy while all the medias were covering about "the king of Italy sent to jail".

Tosca 03-28-2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielane
We are beginning this post with these news:

Vittorio Emanuele has just been released from all charges from the criminal procedure against him in front of the Court of Como (for crimes connected with a gambling house). Now waiting to see wat happens in front of the court of Potenza.
There has been very few coverage about this releasing in Italy while all the medias were covering about "the king of Italy sent to jail".

Trust me, everything will come to nothing in Potenza, since the Prime Minister's spokesman was caught by a photographer whilst appraoching a transexual on a summer night last year.
One mag, belonging to RCS group, whose board is close to the current government payed a huge sum of money to make those pics disappear. But they surfaced again, and later a newspaper owned by the Berlusconi family mentioned the politician's name, but was prohibited to publish any photos, hence the scandal.

The average Italians do not care a bit if Vittorio Emanuele is proved guilty or not. The spokesman thing sounds more ingtriguing to them.;) :smile:

Marengo 03-28-2007 01:35 PM

Well, it sounds terribly interesting indeed, and rather embarrasing for the poor man! But how does this relate to VE's case?

Tosca 03-29-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo
Well, it sounds terribly interesting indeed, and rather embarrasing for the poor man! But how does this relate to VE's case?

Well, the prosecutor tapping VE's phone also overheard a "paparazzo" tell his boss that he had a scoop, and they will have grown rich either by selling those photos to a mag (CHI and Novella, though refused to buy them, as there was a top politician involved) or by blackmailing this man. Needles to say that Fabrizio Corona the owner ( whose wife is Croatian model Nina Moric) of the photo agency has been arrested, and the photographer, along with other colleaugues of his, is been inquired into having actors, actresses, showgilrs, sportmen and even some politicians pay huge sums of money to stop their "compromising " pictures appearing in the press. An associate of Corona is also being accused of having forced some showgirls and starlets into prostitution.

The spokesman's pictures were published a few days ago. Actually there's nothing outrageous in them, as all you can see is the man letting his car windoew down and talk to the transexual. He might as well have asked for directions, after all his not from Rome....;)

asma 03-30-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Vittorio Emanuele has just been released from all charges from the criminal procedure against him in front of the Court of Como (for crimes connected with a gambling house). Now waiting to see wat happens in front of the court of Potenza.
There has been very few coverage about this releasing in Italy while all the medias were covering about "the king of Italy sent to jail".

poorman,from the beginning of this issue,I had the feeling that VE isn't guilty.I just couldn't imagine why a richman would make this adventure that will destroy his family reputation.

Tosca 03-31-2007 11:08 AM

The Talent agent Lele Mora, who's been arested for sending aspring showgirls into prostitution, traffic in drugs and sexual harassment, was also VE's pr.
This explains the reason the Prince of Piedmont was investigated and then arrested.
I've always though VE isn't that smart to be a "gangster".

zarat 04-14-2007 07:02 AM

For everybody interested in rules regarding marriages in Royal House of Savoy I can recommend this link:

http://www.realcasadisavoia.org/file...trimoni_en.pdf

latin 05-02-2007 04:50 AM

Succession to the Italian Throne
 
What do you think about the debate concerning the succession of the Savoy Royal House?

zarat 05-02-2007 07:43 AM

Well, should discussion concerns a country with reigning monarch it could be a very embarrasing but because Italy is not a monarchy it's seems to be only a rivalry between different membrs of the same family- eventually it's only a bit embarrasing....
And it give people something to talk about ....

Tosca 05-02-2007 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latin
What do you think about the debate concerning the succession of the Savoy Royal House?

A waist of time and money, but that's their own business, as the average Italians do not care a bit about them.;)

zarat 07-30-2007 09:32 AM

Tandem - Online magazine
The reopening of Royal Palace at Venaria which will host the exibition with object related to Savoy family.

zarat 09-23-2007 12:19 PM

After this summer the website Casa Reale d'Italia was finally updated and also there are new sections (or I didn't saw it before....). The home page presents letter commemorating the 103 anniversary of birth of king Umberto II.
In section called "Press information" there's part dedicated to oficial dementi. IMO it was more than necessary due to the fact that often italian press "misunderstands" the real meaning of interview released by prince Emanuele or Vittorio. The most clamorous was interview for "Donna e Diva" in which prince Emanuele described himself as "republican" .

Tosca 09-28-2007 12:33 PM

A couple of pics of Elisabeth de Balkany, daughter of Princess Maria Gabriella can be viewed @

Olycom

dazzling 10-16-2007 12:00 PM

Members of Savoy dynasty attend opening of Turin’s own Versailles
16 OCTOBER 2007

Italy's equivalent of the Palace of Versailles has been opened to the public after an eight-year-long, 140-million restoration project. The Royal Palace of Venaria in Turin, which - article & pictures

Picture from reuters via yahoo news
Prince Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia poses for photographers (a great view of the palace)

Wonderful pictures of inside/outside the palace & of the family - isifa gallery
The palace looks magnificent, id love to see it one day. I also loved the room with all the large paintings, especially the wall of that room, stone, lovely.

Tosca 10-17-2007 09:53 AM

There was a short coverage about the Venaria reopening on the state-run tv the other day. They interviewed both Aimone, the Duke of Apulia and Emanuele Filiberto, of course separately, because the Savoia and the Aosta don't talk to each other. However Emanuele Filiberto said he still has great respect for Prince Amedeo he calls "my uncle".

dazzling 10-17-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tosca (Post 681194)
There was a short coverage about the Venaria reopening on the state-run tv the other day. They interviewed both Aimone, the Duke of Apulia and Emanuele Filiberto, of course separately, because the Savoia and the Aosta don't talk to each other. However Emanuele Filiberto said he still has great respect for Prince Amedeo he calls "my uncle".

I think thats really nice that even if there is some tension in the family there is some respect. any idea why his wife wasnt present?

Tosca 10-18-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 681356)
I think thats really nice that even if there is some tension in the family there is some respect. any idea why his wife wasnt present?

I saw Prince Vittorio Emanuele and his wife Princess Marina, but didn't see Princess Clotilde at all.

Tara20052 10-22-2007 04:22 AM

Italian Government
 
If the Italian Government decided that they wanted to put the Italian Monarchy back into power, who would you want to see as the King? the pretender to the thrown Crown Prince Vittorio Emanuele of Naples or his cousin Prince Amedeo of Savoy 5th Duke of Aosta? After all of the bad publicity that Prince Vittorio of Naples has received from the "accidental" killing of Dirk Hamer to allegations of Anti-Semitism. or his cousin the Prince Amedeo who fathered a child out of wedlock? :flowers:

Tosca 10-25-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara20052 (Post 682933)
If the Italian Government decided that they wanted to put the Italian Monarchy back into power, who would you want to see as the King? the pretender to the thrown Crown Prince Vittorio Emanuele of Naples or his cousin Prince Amedeo of Savoy 5th Duke of Aosta? After all of the bad publicity that Prince Vittorio of Naples has received from the "accidental" killing of Dirk Hamer to allegations of Anti-Semitism. or his cousin the Prince Amedeo who fathered a child out of wedlock? :flowers:

The average Italian do not care a bit of the Savoia family.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises