The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Jordan (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f83/)
-   -   General Questions about the Royal Family of Jordan (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f83/general-questions-about-the-royal-family-of-jordan-12289.html)

Zonk 12-13-2007 10:45 PM

Unfortunately, this article shows a bad aspect of Wikipedia. I love it because it has so much information at my fingertips...as someone who grew up with encylopedia...its great! The bad aspect is that anyone can write anything. There are so many factual errors in that brief bio (not to mention the spelling and grammatical errors) its crazy!

sana 12-15-2007 10:48 AM

Who is the of the Princess Rjoh bint Ali ???:flowers:

Veram98 12-15-2007 12:57 PM

Rjoh? Is it possible that you are speaking of Princess Rajwa bint Ali? She is the daughter of Prince Ali bin Nayef (the brother of Princess Noor's father) and of Princess Wijdan Ali.

robbie123 03-18-2008 06:19 AM

Can anyone help

Hi, I am researching the Jordanian Royals and came across the name of Leila Khader who I believe lives in London and was a long term friend of King Hussein...can anyone help with some background on Leila. I understand at one time she was considering writing her memoirs

Many thanks

yolandenanji 07-14-2008 04:02 PM

Queen Noor & Arabic

Does Queen Noor speak and write Arabic fluently? In her memoirs, she did say that the King would come to take her for a walk when she had an Arab class scheduled. Did she manage to understand and speak the language of her country? I know that all her children are flunt in Classical Arabic.

Thanks

chaimae 07-31-2008 06:21 PM

can somone help me and give me the adress of:
1-queen rania
2-queen noor
3-th erest of the jordane royal family
pls i need them !

salma 02-09-2009 05:32 PM

I know Princess Ghida and Princess Alia Tabaa speak spanish. Ghida learn it in Argentina and Alia visits Spain many times after her marriage and spent her honeymoon in Andalusia. Any more jordanian prince or princess speak spanish?

Huda 02-09-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salma (Post 890770)
I know Princess Ghida and Princess Alia Tabaa speak spanish. Ghida learn it in Argentina and Alia visits Spain many times after her marriage and spent her honeymoon in Andalusia. Any more jordanian prince or princess speak spanish?

Also Princess Noor Hamzah and their sisiters they lived i madrid and studeid their
Princess Noor Hamzah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

xavi83 02-10-2009 05:22 AM

I read also P.Alia tabaa has a Spanish nanny. I read it in newspaper when the nanny died.

salma 02-10-2009 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan (Post 890830)
Also Princess Noor Hamzah and their sisiters they lived i madrid and studeid their

Thank´s Jordan I forgot it. Her mum and Princess Sarah live in Madrid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xavi83 (Post 890973)
I read also P.Alia tabaa has a Spanish nanny. I read it in newspaper when the nanny died.

Yes Xavi. When Princess Alia was during her honeymoon in Spain she gave a interview a talked about her nanny. Too Alia traveled many times to Andalusia with her parents when she was a child.:flowers:

Kotroman 05-19-2009 05:34 PM

Where can I find a list of all princes of Jordan (a list of all agnatic descendants of King Abdullah I of Jordan)? Thanks in advance.

Veram98 05-19-2009 06:14 PM

Maybe this site can help you, Kotroman

jordan2
jordan3

Kotroman 05-19-2009 07:11 PM

Thanks for answering so quickly! :flowers: The site provides lots of information, too much actually. I need only living male-line descendants of King Abdullah I (in other words, those who hold the title of Prince of Jordan).

There are lots of Princes of Jordan today and it's hard to keep track of all of them, so I'm not sure if I've missed birth of another prince(ss). The official websites do not provide those information and if they do, the information is outdated.

Also, has anyone else noticed that princes of Jordan tend to have far more daughters than sons? Out of 46 persons born into the royal family, only 19 are male! :eek:

Veram98 05-20-2009 09:15 AM

Jordanian Princes (only males):

grand-sons of King Abdullah I:

(King Hussein bin Talal, died in 1999)
Mohammed bin Talal
Hassan bin Talal

Ali bin Nayef (Naif)
Asem bin Nayef

theirs sons:

Abdullah bin Hussein (King Abdullah II) (4 kids; sons: Hussein, Hashem)
Feisal bin Hussein (4 kids; son: Omar)
Ali bin Hussein (2 kids; son: Abdullah)
Hamzah bin Hussein (1 daughter)
Hashem bin Hussein (2 daughters)

Talal bin Mohammed (3 kids; sons: Hussein, Mohammed)
Ghazi bin Mohammed (3 kids; son: Abdullah)

Rashid bin Hassan

Mohammed al-Abbas bin Ali (3 kids; son: Hamzah al-Abbas)
Ja’afar bin Ali

Nayef bin Asem

Additionally there is H.H. Prince Hussein Mirza (eldest grand-son of the late King Hussein, the eldest son of this king’s first daughter Alia, named Prince by his grand-father)

And another Hashemite lineage in Jordan, the descendants of the younger half-brother of King Abdullah I (Zeid):

Ra’ad bin Zeid

and his 4 sons:
Zeid bin Ra’ad (Jordan’s Ambassador to the USA) (2 kids; son: Ra’ad)
Mir’ed bin Ra’ad (3 kids; sons: Rakan, Ja’afar)
Firas bin Ra’ad (2 daughters)
Feisal bin Ra’ad (2 daughters)

Kotroman 05-20-2009 04:12 PM

So, to get it straight (numbers indicate generations, only males listed because they have succession rights and because there are 19 males and 46 females):

King Abdullah I:
1.King Talal
2.King Hussein
3.King Abdullah II
4.Prince Hussein
4.Prince Hashem
3.Prince Faisal
4.Prince Omar
3.Prince Ali
4.Prince Abdullah
3.Prince Hamzah
3.Prince Hashim
2.Prince Muhammad
3.Prince Talal
4.Prince Hussein
4.Prince Muhammad
3.Prince Ghazi
4.Prince Abdullah
2.Prince El Hassan
3.Prince Rashid

1.Prince Nayef
2.Prince Asem
3.Prince Nayef
Did Prince Nayef have a son named Ali?

Veram98 05-20-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotroman (Post 940954)
Did Prince Nayef have a son named Ali?

Yes, as you can see in my list ("Ali bin Nayef (Naif)"), he is Nayef's elder son,
and he has two sons:

Mohammed al-Abbas bin Ali (3 kids; son: Hamzah al-Abbas)
Ja’afar bin Ali

thus it's:
2. Prince Ali

3. Prince Mohammed al-Abbas
4. Prince Hamzah al-Abbas

3. Prince Ja’afar

Kotroman 05-20-2009 07:00 PM

So, Prince Ali has two wives and he had a son when he was 66 years old?

Veram98 05-20-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotroman (Post 941022)
So, Prince Ali has two wives and he had a son when he was 66 years old?

Yes, but he divorced his first wife: Princess Wijdan who is now Jordan's ambassador to Italy (and is a renowned artist and art historian; she is a cousin of the late King Hussein).

salma 05-21-2009 08:09 AM

Veram do you know when Feisal bin Ra’ad married?

Veram98 05-21-2009 08:58 AM

In July 2004; Princess Lara al Feisal worked for a while as a reporter with the Associated Press, her father is Munjed Munir Sukhtian, Chairman of Al Munjed Group in Jordan; it is this group:

Welcome to the Al Munjed Group website

The couple has two little daughters: Hanan and Mariam (born in 2006 and 2008)