The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: March 2007 - March 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/crown-princess-mary-current-events-8-march-2007-march-2008-a-12266.html)

GlitteringTiaras 03-21-2007 12:30 AM

Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: March 2007 - March 2008

Welcome to Crown Princess Mary Current Events Part 8.

The old topic, Part 7, can be found here.

Please remember to follow the forum rules and please respect others opinions if they should differ from your own.

Enjoy and Cheers!:flowers:

GT
Royal House of Denmark Moderator

Eliza 03-22-2007 09:09 PM

There's a horrid article in the latest copy of Women's Weekly...it claims that Mary is upset and lonely cos Fred is taking up with his ex-flame!!!! Really, what will they report next???????

Xeara 03-22-2007 09:30 PM

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this question, but i will do it anyway...Who knows what the reaction would be if Mary was to give birth (unplanned of course) in another country? If the future heir to the throne of Denmark was born in Norway, just say? Because Mary and Fred just happened to "pop over" for the weekend to visit buddies, Haakon & Mette-Marit, and Mary went into labour unexpectedly...hypothetically speaking...???

Firstly, would this be allowed to happen? Is travel restricted in the last months/weeks to prevent this happening?
And if it did hypothetically happen, that the future Danish heir was born in Norway (or wherever) how would the public react...indifferently, shocked, appalled, etc?
And has it happened before with past royals not being born in their own kingdom/country?

JessRulz 03-22-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeara
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this question, but i will do it anyway...Who knows what the reaction would be if Mary was to give birth (unplanned of course) in another country? If the future heir to the throne of Denmark was born in Norway, just say? Because Mary and Fred just happened to "pop over" for the weekend to visit buddies, Haakon & Mette-Marit, and Mary went into labour unexpectedly...hypothetically speaking...???

Firstly, would this be allowed to happen? Is travel restricted in the last months/weeks to prevent this happening?
And if it did hypothetically happen, that the future Danish heir was born in Norway (or wherever) how would the public react...indifferently, shocked, appalled, etc?
And has it happened before with past royals not being born in their own kingdom/country?

If this happened, they could do what the Dutch did back in the 1940s when they were living in Canada during the second World War. Princess Margriet was born in a Canadian hospital, but the Canadian government allowed for the area of the hospital to be Dutch territory for the birth, so that Margriet would not have dual citizenship and still be in line for the throne. So for example, if F&M were in Norway and Mary went into labour, the Danish government could ask the Norwegian government to make a small section of the country where Mary is giving birth Danish territory for the birth

However, I think that travel is not allowed after the 8th (?) month, possibly even earlier. The only time I think they let a heavily pregnant woman travel is if it is in an emergency

Aurora810 03-23-2007 03:38 AM

Just to add to this topic of a royal not being born in his or her country. Back in February when the Dutch RF went on a state visit to Turkey there were reports (whether true or not) that the Dutch RF had brought with them soil from Holland so that they could declare the land theirs just in case the unexpected happened with Princess Maxima.

Also I believe in most countries there are provisions for this sort of thing. For example in America if an official worker of America say an Ambassador living in France if that ambassador and his wife have a baby while in France the baby is still considered an American citizen. They can claim citizenship through their parents. In our constitution it talks about jursidiction and who has jurisdiction over a person. So France would not have jurisdiction over an official American representative and the children of that representative.

I think this day and age I believe much criticism would take place of a royal family should a royal not be born in their own country just simply b/c of modern times and being able to predict due date and potential problems. But in reality I don't think it would matter that much the shock would wear off quickly. And also like its been stated it would be something that the 2 governments would work out and the land would be temporarily Denmark's, or Holland's, or whatever. I could be wrong but I believe in the older times that there were many royals that were not born in their own country and some royals were purposely taken to be royalty in other countries. (Ex. Norway)

Now however, we should probably get back on topic but there's not much else to talk about since Mary's official appearances are done. She's ending her official appearances even earlier then Maxima so I'm thinking the baby may come a little earlier then expected. It could be a very royal April!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Mary is 5'7".

Thanks! I guess I was in the general area with my guesses!

Australian 03-23-2007 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora810
Just to add to this topic of a royal not being born in his or her country. Back in February when the Dutch RF went on a state visit to Turkey there were reports (whether true or not) that the Dutch RF had brought with them soil from Holland so that they could declare the land theirs just in case the unexpected happened with Princess Maxima.

How could that be allowed by customs? It's illegal to bring foreign soil into another country isnt it? Or are laws regarding this quite lax over there?

ricarda 03-23-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora810
Now however, we should probably get back on topic but there's not much else to talk about since Mary's official appearances are done.

Why do you believe that?
According to the latest Billed-Bladet Mary herself told a journalist
that there will be a few more official appearances.

Aurora810 03-23-2007 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricarda
Why do you believe that?
According to the latest Billed-Bladet Mary herself told a journalist
that there will be a few more official appearances.

It's not that I believe that. It's that I thought this was her last official appearance. So maybe I'm mistaken. I'm not the only one that thinks that either, others on this thread and in other threads seem to think the same thing. I don't see any other official appearances listed for Mary at this time. There are however, 2 events left in March that don't really state who will be at the events so Mary may very well be there or not. I don't think it's a big deal though we'll see Mary when we see Mary.

ricarda 03-23-2007 05:48 PM

I don't think it's a big deal either.
My question was really a question.
I don't have much time left at the moment and can't go through all threads.
And when I saw your remark I thought I must have missed something.
Was there an official announcement or is this just an information of one of those relieable Danish tabloids
(in the same line as "Alexandra is pregnant")?

Aurora810 03-23-2007 06:04 PM

I don't read any tabloids, it's just not my thing. But I regularly check the Danish Royal Calendar thread here at the TRF's and according to that there are no other official appearances for Mary for the month of March but April has not been posted yet. However, I did notice 2 events this coming week(March 26 and the 27) that don't really state who will be at them so who knows, Mary could possibly show up. I rely mainly on that to know what is going on b/c when I go to the RF's web site the schedule is in Danish and I can't read Danish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Australian
How could that be allowed by customs? It's illegal to bring foreign soil into another country isnt it? Or are laws regarding this quite lax over there?

I have no idea! All I know is that it was an article posted in the Dutch forums in the Turkey state visit thread. Like I said before who knows if it's really true or not. But it was reported. Funny how this was discussed in that thread and none of us thought about whether or not it might be against the law.:ermm: But remember this could have been an exceptional circumstance, after all we are talking about royalty. Not just an average Joe.

Australian 04-02-2007 06:37 AM

Princess packs punch in war on schoolyard terror

AS she prepares to become a mother for the second time, Princess Mary is leading the fight to protect her young subjects from the torment of bullies.
Proving again that she is beloved of the Danish people, the anti-bullying program the princess introduced from Australia is being met with great success.

Princess packs punch in war on schoolyard terror - World - smh.com.au

The article also has some quotes from Prince Henrik about his thoughts on Mary and how they are pleased how she has learnt the language so quickly and that she is very charming. I thought that was nice of him.

biboquinhas 04-03-2007 05:54 AM

I think she looks really great with her jeans and that beautiful pregnant top!!!!

LadyK 04-03-2007 08:05 AM

I just love how Mary interacts with children- she seems to put them at ease, and has fun. I'm glad they brought the Better Buddies backpack with them to Christian's first day, because it is such a worthy organization and mission. If we could stem bullying in children, maybe we will have less violence in the future (I don't think this is scientific, but one can always hope so!)

jordana2 04-03-2007 11:14 AM

I know Princess Mary needs her rest now but I already miss seeing her. Maybe we'll see her taking Christian to daycare soon.

Larzen 04-03-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordana2
Maybe we'll see her taking Christian to daycare soon.

You wont, the deal was the press gets pictures the first day and then leave Christian and the other children at the day care center alone. Besides Mary said they would only take him themsleves the first week.

Maybe there will be some pictures from the easter vacation, there are often pictures taken around Mareseillesborg if they choose to spend easter there, cant really imagine them going abroad when she is so close to her due date.

princess leonor 04-03-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
You wont, the deal was the press gets pictures the first day and then leave Christian and the other children at the day care center alone. Besides Mary said they would only take him themsleves the first week.

Seriously? Little Cristian will be taken to daycare by some nany and not his parents? :mad: Surely their schedules aren't that busy, that they cannot take a few minutes and drop off their own son!

jordana2 04-03-2007 01:18 PM

Thanks Larzen
We'll wait and see if there will be any photos.

Lasse Pedersen 04-03-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess leonor
Seriously? Little Cristian will be taken to daycare by some nany and not his parents? :mad: Surely their schedules aren't that busy, that they cannot take a few minutes and drop off their own son!

They probably could take 20 minutes out of their busy schedule to take their son to day-care, but consider the consequences of them doing so:

Firstly, photographers would often stand outside the day-care centre in the mornings which would probably be a nuisance, not only to The Crown Prince Couple and Prince Christian, but also, and perhaps even more so, to the other children and parents.

Secondly, although I believe that it is positive that Prince Christian is being brought up in tune with his future subjects, I think that the Crown Prince Couple walking their son to day-care on a daily basis would in time demystify the monarchy due to the fact that they would be photographed and asked questions as private persons, not as The Crown Prince Couple of Denmark.

Thirdly, I think that there are more important moments to share with ones child than the daily dropping-off of him or her. What I mean to say is that I do not think Prince Christian would miss his parents when being dropped off at day-care as much as he would on other occasions, were they not there.

/Lasse:smile::smile:

Christo's Girl 04-03-2007 03:25 PM

There are no more "official" engagements listed for Mary for this month, so I think she may find the time to take her son to daycare a few mornings a week. This is right on schedule with the last pregnancy as well, Mary started maternity leave about 1 month before she had Christian. In a few weeks we will all have alot talk about, a new baby!!

Aurora810 04-03-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Maybe they are and maybe they aren't. The deal was that only on the first day photographers could be there, so we really don't know. And since there was an agreement like that made I doubt the media would violate it and since they already got all their pics I think it would be really boring to the public to keep seeing pics of Fred/Mary taking Christian to school plus bad publicity on the media's part if they were to publish new pics of pregnant Mary taking Christian to school b/c everyone knows of the deal that was made. Do you see what I'm getting at. We really don't know who's taking Christian everyday. It's a mystery!!!;)

soCal girl 04-03-2007 08:25 PM

I'm sure Frederik or Mary will take Christian to school once in awhile but it's not unusual for a nanny to do so. Other royal children are taken to and picked up by a nanny from school.

I wonder how long Mary's maternity leave will be this time around. Last time it was supposed to last more or less around a year but Mary made a couple appearances a couple months after Christian's birth. I guess this time the leave might be a little longer due to the needs of Christian and the new baby. I know the nanny will be there to help out but nothing can replace a mother's care. :)

Vanesa 04-03-2007 08:41 PM

I think Princess Mary accomplish her duties wonderfully. And she is a good mother to! This is not usual to find nowadays, but there is exceptions...and she is one of them. Of course, we must not excpect she appears in public some hours before giving birth to her baby! :lol:

Vanesa.

Violet25 04-03-2007 08:54 PM

that's interesting. how long is her maternity leave? With Christian it seems it was only a few months?

JessRulz 04-04-2007 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violet25
that's interesting. how long is her maternity leave? With Christian it seems it was only a few months?

Women in Denmark get one year of maternity leave when they give birth, Mary chose not to take the full year. After she had Christian, she started doing duties on a regular basis around February the next year (so, four months later), but she did a few duties in those fours months (the Queen Ingrid memorial, New Year's Kur). I think we can expect the same after she has baby #2, given that she has a good birth and she and the baby are healthy, except I don't think we will see her as much before she finishes her maternity leave. I think we'll see her back at work in September-October :flowers:

Jo of Palatine 04-04-2007 05:38 AM

Quote:

I believe every mothe ris glad if someone else is helping out on dropping the kids in the kindergarden. We used to take turns and I was always glad when I was spared and could continue with my work schedule. I believe there is no difference to saying good-bye at the front door or at the door of the kindergarden. That little drive to and from is really nothing to worry about.

Jasl 04-04-2007 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
Besides Mary said they would only take him themsleves the first week.

I don't remember Mary saying that. When did she say it?

biboquinhas 04-04-2007 06:25 AM

Yes I don't remember her saying that, I think that when she her duties allow her she will take him to school besides is only 10 minutes from their house!
It seams that we are going to have a calm months, without seeing the princess too mucht!!

Sereta 04-08-2007 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz
Women in Denmark get one year of maternity leave when they give birth, :flowers:

Women in Denmark are lucky!! American women only get 3 months maximum off after giving birth. :sad:

tundra 04-08-2007 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereta
Women in Denmark are lucky!! American women only get 3 months maximum off after giving birth. :sad:

Canada is also a year mat leave, with the option of the father taking a portion of it if he chooses (both can't use it at the same time tho)

Piqui 04-08-2007 06:52 AM

^that's strange. I don't know how it it arranged here, but I think dads should have equal rights to mums

Saphire 04-09-2007 09:56 AM

Is this paid maternity leave? Because as far as I understand in the states you can only take 6 weeks maternity leave, and then only if you have that much time in sick leave and vacation time accumulated. If you only have 4 weeks in vacation and sick time accumulated, you can take the other two weeks but its unpaid. Just wondering.

MarieLouise 04-09-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphire
Is this paid maternity leave? Because as far as I understand in the states you can only take 6 weeks maternity leave, and then only if you have that much time in sick leave and vacation time accumulated. If you only have 4 weeks in vacation and sick time accumulated, you can take the other two weeks but its unpaid. Just wondering.

No this is not necesarilly paid - the lenght of paid maternity leave varies. With some private companies you only get 3 months paid leave - with others you get up to 9 months paid. If you work within the state you get 9 months.

Empress 04-09-2007 10:55 AM

In the US the vacation time and sick time have nothing at all to do with maternity leave. It is against the law for an employer to require a person to take their vacation/sick time for maternity leave.

In the USA a woman is entitled by law to 6 weeks of paid maternity leave, in addition to whatever personal,sick or vacation time she has.

our_girl_Friday 04-09-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress
In the US the vacation time and sick time have nothing at all to do with maternity leave. It is against the law for an employer to require a person to take their vacation/sick time for maternity leave.

In the USA a woman is entitled by law to 6 weeks of paid maternity leave, in addition to whatever personal,sick or vacation time she has.

This is not true. FOr both my daughters I had to use sick leave. I also used the Family Medical Leave act which allows you to take time - UNPAID- for pregnancy, maternity leave, taking care of a sick family member, etc. But again, this is UNPAID. If you have supplemental insurance (AFLAC or similar) this will pay you disability but this is only a portion of your salary.

grevinnan 04-09-2007 11:32 AM

You are correct - there is no federally mandated paid maternity leave but there are many states that have their own mandated leaves. California has its own - unpaid but much longer than the fed's.

Empress 04-09-2007 12:51 PM

Ok, well, my mistake then. I guess that I have been lucky enough to live in states where it is illegal to require a woman to use personal, sick and vacation time for maternity leave.

RachelD 04-09-2007 02:17 PM

6 weeks regular maternity leave and 3 months max for Ceasarian births.

yvr girl 04-10-2007 12:18 AM

In Canada, it's 1 year paid leave

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphire

It's part of the unemployment insurance program. You don't get your full salary though.

6 months mat leave that can be taken by the mother, and 6 months parental leave that can be taken by either the mother or the father.

Mandy 04-10-2007 01:26 AM

This conversation has nothing to do with Mary's current events so let's move on...

Thanks,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

crm2317 04-10-2007 08:17 PM

Mary looked lovely at the easter service she has developed a lovely bump. I do miss her long hair though. I think she looks older without it :wub:

Alisa 04-12-2007 06:33 PM

According to Hola and Billed Bladet everything is ready for the birth of the next Danish heir.

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007/04/12/mary-embarazo/

Summary:

There is a month left (probably less as Christian was 2 weeks early) in Mary's pregnancy and everything is ready. Her delivery room, the pink room which is the largest and most discrete room on the maternity ward is ready, and her gynecologist Dr. Morten Hedegaard and midwife Birgitte Hillerup are on 24hr alert for when the baby arrives.

Avalon 04-12-2007 06:41 PM

The pink room? :rolleyes: That does bring some ideas.
Now, I think it will be another baby boy but the pink room may yet change my opinion. ;)

Thank you for the information Alisa. :flowers:

Alisa 04-12-2007 06:57 PM

No problem. :smile:

I think that's just the name of the room. I believe it is the same room that Nikolai, Felix, and Christian were all born in as it is the largest and most discrete room on the maternity ward.

JessRulz 04-12-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
I believe it is the same room that Nikolai, Felix, and Christian were all born in as it is the largest and most discrete room on the maternity ward.

Then Mary should go to the blue room to have a girl ;)

crisscross1 04-12-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz
Then Mary should go to the blue room to have a girl ;)

Excellent point JessRulz. I can see your logic. :lol:

Amely 04-15-2007 02:40 PM

Mary & Christian in Copenhagen Zoo

Crown Princess Mary and her friend Birgitte Zachau Handwerk spend a day in the Copenhagen Zoo with Prince Christian and enjoyed one of the first days of spring. March 11, 2007

Mary and Christian in the center of photo :smile:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...er/2208879.jpg

dazzling 04-15-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amely
Crown Princess Mary and her friend Birgitte Zachau Handwerk spend a day in the Copenhagen Zoo with Prince Christian and enjoyed one of the first days of spring. March 11, 2007

Mary and Christian in the center of photo :smile:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...er/2208879.jpg

thanks, even though the picture isnt clear & we would like to see more its just nice enough to know that they were out together.

Franco 04-17-2007 12:22 AM

The Royal Slap

Did anyone see this photo of the little Prince slapping his mother?

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/fotos_gente/2007/04/16/index_5.html

GlitteringTiaras 04-17-2007 12:36 AM

The photo was posted in another topic which can be found here in post #147 by Her Majesty. Christian didn't slap her, he accidentally poked her in the eye.

biboquinhas 04-17-2007 05:50 AM

My son has already did that to me, just after 20 minutes I was able to open my eye!!!!!Uhggggggggg it was really horrible!

Vanesa 04-18-2007 01:34 AM

My nephew Fernando did it too some days ago, and it was not agreeable, precisely! :rolleyes: But boys will be boys...

Well, my wish is that Princess Mary would give birth to a sweet little girl. She already has a baby boy and it will be boring to have another boy. And if she already has a baby girl, I should be wishing a little boy, just to cut the routine out...:lol: But I always make mistakes when guessing the sex of future babies. I should have liked that Princess Maxima give birth to a baby boy and she has another girl...:smile:

Vanesa.

RachelD 04-18-2007 04:54 PM

It wasn't a slap. Christian poked Mary's eye when he was waving to the crowds.

GlitteringTiaras 05-01-2007 06:53 PM

To fill the void until July, TV2.dk is running a program call Kronprinesse Mary: Pa Arbejde.

A very interesting program filled with lots of images of Mary speaking and much more.

Click here to watch the video.

:flowers:

sirmax 05-01-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

To fill the void until July, TV2.dk is running a program call Kronprinesse Mary: Pa Arbejde.

A very interesting program filled with lots of images of Mary speaking and much more.

Thanks....is this the only episode or are there going to be some more?

dazzling 05-02-2007 06:42 AM

Quote:

Thanks GT, its a great program but i dont understand Danish,watching the programme with wonderful pictures is enogh:flowers:

biboquinhas 05-02-2007 07:17 AM

She must be really concentrate on her little baby girl!Does anyone know when her next event will be!Strange we don't hear anything from these two lately!I think Frederik should say something to the Press!!He has been lately very active in his events, more than ever!

dazzling 05-02-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas
She must be really concentrate on her little baby girl!Does anyone know when her next event will be!Strange we don't hear anything from these two lately!I think Frederik should say something to the Press!!He has been lately very active in his events, more than ever!

Frederik isn’t obliged to talk to the press, if he does than he would always have too when Mary is off or away for sometime, this will start opening doors for them which I assume they would not want. An official announcement could be released but I don’t see the point of it. Frederik could just say if asked that Mary & the little princess are both fine etc. :flowers:

About Mary’s next event, well, I think she is or her maternity leave is for up to 3 months, but im assuming that well see her every now and then. Out with the children walking or maybe at a family event/outing. For one event is for sure and that the Christening event on July 1st, 2007 :rofl:

Princess Robijn 05-02-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling
Frederik isn’t obliged to talk to the press, if he does than he would always have too when Mary is off or away for sometime, this will start opening doors for them which I assume they would not want. An official announcement could be released but I don’t see the point of it. Frederik could just say if asked that Mary & the little princess are both fine etc. :flowers:

About Mary’s next event, well, I think she is or her maternity leave is for up to 3 months, but im assuming that well see her every now and then. Out with the children walking or maybe at a family event/outing. For one event is for sure and that the Christening event on July 1st, 2007 :rofl:

and the birthdaycelebrations of the Queen of Norway.

UserDane 05-02-2007 09:44 AM

Billed-Bladet online - 02-05: Mary holdt barselsfest ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad... - reports that precisely one week after the birth, Frederik and Mary invited friends and their children for an afternoon 'party' at Kancellihuset where the little new princess was introduced :flowers:

biboquinhas 05-02-2007 09:44 AM

Yes I know he isn't obligate to talk but I think it will be nice for everyone to hear something like"Mary and little Mary are doing fin","they are recovering", etc etc. And always the question: Why they don't release pictures of the little one?The two brothers really should have the same treatement! I really hope we can see both before the Christening!

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane
Billed-Bladet online - 02-05: Mary holdt barselsfest ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad... - reports that precisely one week after the birth, Frederik and Mary invited friends and their children for an afternoon 'party' at Kancellihuset where the little new princess was introduced :flowers:

So she is out and about, she is doing fine, so I cannot understand why not release some pictures:rolleyes:

dazzling 05-02-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

So she is out and about, she is doing fine, so I cannot understand why not release some pictures:rolleyes:

I dont think they are ready yet to release a picture, i know we all want to see a few but it might be worth waiting.:flowers:

qui mal y pense 05-02-2007 11:29 AM

Give the woman a break! There is no reason they can't have some privacy.

GlitteringTiaras 05-02-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Yes I know he isn't obligate to talk but I think it will be nice for everyone to hear something like"Mary and little Mary are doing fin","they are recovering", etc etc. And always the question: Why they don't release pictures of the little one?The two brothers really should have the same treatement! I really hope we can see both before the Christening!

Quote:

So she is out and about, she is doing fine, so I cannot understand why not release some pictures

Patience, all good things come to those who wait.

So, please, let's move on from the question, "WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS", which no one has the answer at this moment.:flowers:

MissSaga 05-02-2007 05:01 PM

I loved watching the program , even though I did not understand a word it! I once read a survey saying that Danish was, after dutch, the ugliest langage in the world, but I sort of like it ;)

Biboquinhas,
Mary gave birth less than two weeks ago and you're already blaming her for not having her agenda full yet? Geez, I have no words for that :rolleyes:

robby86 05-02-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane

Where do you go to see the video?

GlitteringTiaras 05-02-2007 09:41 PM

Robby86, please click here to watch the video.

crisscross1 05-03-2007 05:15 AM

The video was wonderful thank you so much for sharing. :flowers:

biboquinhas 05-03-2007 05:24 AM

She looks to enjoy very mucht what she does, always having a smile on her face! It's difficult to do something that we just can learn by experience of the following day. By attending several events she can learn how to behave and how to handle several different situations. This is a very differente "job" from the normal ones!

msleiman 05-03-2007 02:37 PM

Thanks so much for the link to the video! It must be a very hard job to do! Sometimes I think that the work would by so easy, but I can see it must be hard.

Sonnenblumenmäd 05-04-2007 04:42 AM

Thank you very much for the video! Very nice little TV-docu. We could also see some pictures from the last years! Mary seems to be very popular and loved in Denmark!

biboquinhas 05-04-2007 05:13 AM

She was so thin before having the baby!

Verde Esmeralda 05-07-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissSaga
I loved watching the program , even though I did not understand a word it! I once read a survey saying that Danish was, after dutch, the ugliest langage in the world, but I sort of like it ;)

Biboquinhas,
Mary gave birth less than two weeks ago and you're already blaming her for not having her agenda full yet? Geez, I have no words for that :rolleyes:

MissSaga,

Danish sounds weird, so does Dutch, but they're far away from being ugly (and I am a Spanish native speaker, so figure out how weird it sounds to me)...where did you read that survey? ;)

Regarding your comment on Mary's agenda...God you're right (no offense Biboquinhas, but we must remain patient!)

Ctejnoe 05-07-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda
MissSaga,

Danish sounds weird, so does Dutch, but they're far away from being ugly (and I am a Spanish native speaker, so figure out how weird it sounds to me)...where did you read that survey? ;)

Regarding your comment on Mary's agenda...God you're right (no offense Biboquinhas, but we must remain patient!)

I've always heard it said that danish and dutch are particularly un-attractive and difficult languages...and i certainly agree!!! (i'am danish)

GlitteringTiaras 05-07-2007 06:06 PM

It has been said numerous times that Danish is one of the most difficult languages to learn (I'm currently learning the language, and I have never been so frustrated in my entire life.)

Mary has come along way and I give her credit for it. It's not easy being in the spotlight and expected to speak Danish with ease. Her effort as well as determination to master the language should be applauded.:flowers:

biboquinhas 05-08-2007 05:06 AM

Yes GlitteringTiaras youa re right but so she will be one day Queen of Denmark so the least she can do is to learn how to speak Danish, even if that was a big effort for her she must be a good Danish speaker and she should be still learning Danish because she must speak perfectly!!!

MissSaga 05-08-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

MissSaga,

I read it about two years ago in the New York Times.

Currier 05-08-2007 05:31 PM

Thank you, Glittering Tiaras, for alerting us to the video. Mary has put in a lot of effort, has had great success and deserves much credit. A lot of video time was given over to the commentary of two men. Can anyone give us the gist of what they were saying? Can User Dane?

Verde Esmeralda 05-09-2007 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctejnoe
I've always heard it said that danish and dutch are particularly un-attractive and difficult languages...and i certainly agree!!! (i'am danish)

jaja ok, still you should try switching to Latin languages and tell me then if you don't just love danish...(regarding the difficulty)

When did she start learning Danish btw? Máxima for instance was pretty good at Dutch in 6 months or sth... (let's just skip the fact that she had a private super intensive training:rolleyes: )

Piqui 05-12-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

jaja ok, still you should try switching to Latin languages and tell me then if you don't just love danish...(regarding the difficulty)

When did she start learning Danish btw? Máxima for instance was pretty good at Dutch in 6 months or sth... (let's just skip the fact that she had a private super intensive training:rolleyes: )

I don't know when she started but she must've learned pretty quickly. I have learned Danish for 2 years and I am nowhere near fluent.

And yes I also think Dutch is an unattractive and difficult language to learn. I'm glad I'm a native Dutch speaker :biggrin: . Danish is perfectly understandable for me when it's written down, but I understand little when it's spoken.

magnik 05-12-2007 01:44 PM

I think that she is quite good in Danish as it possible. It's all depend of language-talent.

Btw. If she would try learn Polish it would take much more time.

LadyK 05-12-2007 06:54 PM

there's a thread for the discussion of Mary's fluency/lack of fluency in Danish, and it's not this one. Don't get me all excited about a Mary-sighting, and then have it just be this old argument again.

missjane 05-14-2007 01:52 AM

The latest photos of CP Mary at home with her sister and Christian are lovely. It looks to me that Mary may be going to grow her hair again, which of course i prefer. It could also be that with all that has been happening she just hasn't had a haircut recently. Any way the photos are great, it is nice to see the royals in their own surroundings where they are more relaxed.

biboquinhas 05-14-2007 05:04 AM

She looks like she is already in shape! She looks lovely in jeans ( http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...007Cfalckd.jpg )

I kind of miss her in Royal day to day duties!I miss her smile and her fashion look!!!Hope to see her out and about soon!

MissSaga 05-19-2007 12:51 PM

Me too ! And she looks fab already .. Already in shape, what a woman ..

LadyK 05-19-2007 01:52 PM

well, it does help when you can lose ten pounds in one event...;)

Little_star 05-19-2007 02:52 PM

Looking good is easy when you have 27 servants who count among their duties, cooking, cleaning and looking after your children

Sister Morphine 05-19-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star
Looking good is easy when you have 27 servants who count among their duties, cooking, cleaning and looking after your children

While I no doubt that Mary and Frederik have domestic help, I don't think Mary is the type of woman to sit around on her duff all day while other people do everything. I'm sure she accepts help from time to time, but she strikes me as someone who enjoys cooking for her family or taking care of her own children or occasionally picking up the living room/family room. If I were her, I'd do it just to keep myself from becoming spoiled.

Verde Esmeralda 05-19-2007 05:47 PM

Quote:

Sorry everyone, but I have to agree with Little Star.:rolleyes:

grevinnan 05-19-2007 05:55 PM

To have servants do your housework is not being spoiled. It is simply another lifestyle. Do you consider anyone that does not have to forage for food and cook over a fire spoiled. Remember that the aristocrats and upper class live very differently from the rest of society - doing housework and all the child rearing is not considered a virtue.

Regina 05-19-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Trust me, I've met so many who have servants and still look a mess all the time.
Maybe Princess Mary doesn't cook (or maybe she does) but I think she spend a lot of her time caring care of her son and daughter.

dazzling 05-19-2007 07:16 PM

"how you look good" i dont find this a good thing to debate on imo especially not in this thread,besides what does this have to do with Mary's current events?

besides looking good doesnt come with having people running around for you, there are a few events where Mary hasnt looked good imo not only that but a few royals (not going to start comparing) have everything and still look badly put together from hair to outfits to shoes. People who work for you (servents, nannies etc)dont make you look good, you make yourself look good, some are naturally elegent and some arent.

Roxsteve 05-19-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina
Trust me, I've met so many who have servants and still look a mess all the time.
Maybe Princess Mary doesn't cook (or maybe she does) but I think she spend a lot of her time caring care of her son and daughter.

For the cameras maybe? But you are right, she might be a very hands-on mom. It is nice to have a lot of extra help, however. She can't look like a mess, she is a princess.

acdc1 05-19-2007 07:42 PM

When is Mary going to resume her official duties? After Lillepigen's christening, or before then?

Currier 05-19-2007 10:27 PM

Is this the place to note that Mary wore a beautiful watch when the family portrait was taken with the new princess? Is anyone keeping track of her jewelry? I like to think the watch was a "new mommy" gift.

GlitteringTiaras 05-19-2007 11:18 PM

You mean the gold Cartier Tank Francaise (price:#15,000)?

I noticed it too, although I'm not a fan of gold or Cartier, the style of the watch is classic and simple. (I'm a Breitling devotee. Love their designs and it's reliable).

dazzling 05-20-2007 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currier
Is this the place to note that Mary wore a beautiful watch when the family portrait was taken with the new princess? Is anyone keeping track of her jewelry? I like to think the watch was a "new mommy" gift.

I dont think it was new, if i recall ive seen it before & yes it is a beautiful watch:smile:

GT, I think cartier is very classic, there gold is beautiful, the Breitling is more modern twist to it also lots of details in them, theyre unique pieces.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1
When is Mary going to resume her official duties? After Lillepigen's christening, or before then?

Nothing has been announced except the chistening on July 1, 2007. I think her maternity leave is for up to 3 months, but i guess she could attend a event/function with the family or frederik if she wanted.

MissSaga 05-20-2007 07:34 AM

I loved the watch your talking about !
She was so many über gorgeous pieces, I'm green with envy .. :rolleyes:

biboquinhas 05-21-2007 08:29 AM

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...TL._SS500_.jpg here is the watch!Very simple but refine taste!! PRICE AMAZON: $2,995.00

ayvee 05-21-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...TL._SS500_.jpg here is the watch!Very simple but refine taste!! PRICE AMAZON: $2,995.00

Princess Mary's watch is in 18K yellow gold. At Amazon, it's over $10,000.
Amazon.com: Cartier Tank Francaise Women Watch W50002N2: Sports & Outdoors: Cartier

I have seen the same watch at auction houses (Sotheby's and Christie's) and the starting bid is usually in the $4000 range. This range is from catalogues I purchased from Sotheby's and Christie's in 2006.

This Cartier Tank Francaise watch is just like what Diana, Princess of Wales received from her father.

-Ayvee

GlitteringTiaras 05-23-2007 02:43 PM

This is not an event, but rather some interesting news. According to DRWs, Mary has received her own Coat of Arms (which is new) along with her father, John Donaldson.

The interesting piece now hangs in the chapel at Frederiksborg Palace.

To read the article and to see the Coat of Arms, please click here