The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   2007 Monthly Official Picture of the Month - January-February (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/2007-monthly-official-picture-of-the-month-january-february-12171.html)

ysbel 03-02-2007 12:38 AM

2007 Monthly Official Picture of the Month - January-February

Welcome to the first Picture of the Month for 2007!

As you know, we've made some changes to the Picture of the Month polls.

Due to the response from members, the format for the new monthly polls will highlight the official side of royalty as opposed to the informal side of royalty.

The monthly polls will consist of pictures that show a royal on official business.
  • gala events such as the Nobel prize ceremonies, state visits, royal ceremonies such as the the Order of the Garter ceremony in Great Britain or the New Years gala for the Knights of the Order of the Elephant in Denmark, Opening of Parliament, coronations, enthronements.
  • openings of public events, government buildings, hospitals, christening of ships, official charity work
  • family celebrations (such as wedding, christening, or special days such as Victoria Day in Sweden or Queen's Day in the Netherlands, King Harald's 70th birthday) and the balcony shots that accompany them
  • among many other official events
We hope by the end of the year to have some really stunning and regal Picture of the Month winners to compete in our 2007 Picture of the Year awards.

Since informal pictures of royals were so popular in 2006 we've separated them out and given them their own informal photo polls in April and October in addition to the regular monthly polls . Due to requests for themed polls, we've also added a historical picture poll in July and a portrait picture poll for the end of the year. We'll tell you more about these polls later. If you're missing an informal shot of your favorite prince or princess, never worry, just look out for the first informal poll in April.

For more information on the 2007 Picture of the Month schedule and all we have planned for 2007, take a look at this thread.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: Danielle - Dennism, Adry

Britain: ysbel - Avalon - milla Ca

Brunei: Humera - Warren

Denmark: soCal girl – Lasse Pedersen, Mandy

Japan: mandyy - kei893265, merampo

Jordan: Humera - Little_star

Luxembourg: suturegeisha - drimal

Monaco: Iceflower - Ianna, Michelle, tbhrc

Morocco: Humera – Warren

Norway: Her_Majesty - KikkiB, carlota

Spain: LaChicaMadrilena - Elsa M., Anna_R

Sweden: MoonlightRhapsody - Lena

The Netherlands: The Watcher - Marengo, Maxie

For this poll only, the poll will include pictures from two months - January and February. The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on March 25. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. For the final week of the month, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in the order in which they were received and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

ysbel 03-02-2007 12:49 AM

A. Monaco

Monaco Picture of the Month

Children and their needs in the center of attention - Princess Caroline of Hanover, President of AMADE Mondiale, pictured during her two-week humanitarian field trip to Africa in February 2007. Source: Bunte

B. Britain

Britain Picture of the Month

ROTTERDAM, NETHERLANDS - FEBRUARY 5: Queen Elizabeth II is greeted by Queen Beatrix on arrival with Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh at Rotterdam Airport at the start of a one-day visit to The netherlands February 5, 2007 in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Queen Elizabeth's visit marks the 400th anniversary of the English Reformed Church in Amsterdam, the oldest English-speaking congregation outside the United Kingdom. Photo by Michel Porro/Getty Images.

C. Spain

Spain Picture of the Month

Queen Sofía is greeted by a little girl during the visit to the Hilisimaetano School, constructed with the collaboration of the Spanish Red Cross in the Island of Nías. It was a part of Doña Sofía's four-day visit of cooperation to Indonesia. Source: Casa Real

D. Denmark

Denmark Picture of the Month

Crown Princess Mary watches a group of children play with new computers at the Glostrup Observation and Treatment home for the Children's Aid Foundation which she is a patron of. This home is for neglected and abused children in Denmark. Source: Children's Aid Foundation website

E. Sweden

Sweden Picture of the Month

Princess Madeleine intently constructing her beading craft during a visit to the Queen Silvia Children's hospital. Source: Bruno Press

ysbel 03-02-2007 05:17 PM

F. Belgium

Belgium Picture of the Month

King Albert II and Queen Fabiola at the memorial service for deceased royal relatives at the Notre Dame church on February, 15 in Laken. Source: Gettyimages

G. Netherlands

Netherlands Picture of the Month

Princess Máxima and Prince Henrik dancing belly-to-belly in Oslo. Source: /scanpic

H. Luxembourg

Luxembourg Picture of the Month

Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg arrive at the 70th birthday celebrations of King Harald of Norway in Oslo. Source: NRK.no

I. Norway

Norway Picture of the Month

Glittering Royal Birthday - Europe's next Royal Generation smiling on the official Picture taken during the 70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald of Norway. source: Kongehuset. no , official Norwegian Webpage

(H.R.H. Prinsesse Mathilde, H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria, H.R.H. Crown Princess Mette-Marit, H.R.H. Crown Princess Mary and H.R.H Princess Maxima. H.K.H. the Duke of Brabant, H.R.H. Crown Prince Haakon, H.R.H. Crown Prince Frederik and H.R.H. Prince the of Oranje)

J. Japan

Japan Picture of the Month

Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako leaving Togu Palace to greet the Emperor and Empress at the Imperial Palace on New Years day. Source: JIJI press

K. Jordan

Jordan Picture of the Month

King Abdullah II marked his 45th birthday by launching several social, educational and health projects in the Deir Alla District. The Jordanian monarch and his wife Queen Rania paid a visit to the district and met with local residents. Source: Petra

L. Brunei

Brunei Picture of the Month

Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah joined the Chinese community to celebrate the third day of the Chinese New Year. The monarch watched colourful performances by Chinese and Malay dancers, viewed an exhibition and tried out some of the traditional Chinese musical instruments on display. Source: Infofoto

ysbel 03-04-2007 01:01 PM

Thanks to all the PoM Reps and committee members who worked on this inaugural poll!

Princess_Beatrix 03-04-2007 02:59 PM

I love this Poll! :flowers:
Thanks for all that work on this. My choice was easy this time what does not happen very often. ;)

ZandraRae 03-04-2007 07:26 PM

Thanks everyone who made this happen! All the choices were great, but I have a favorite...

RhapsodyBrat 03-05-2007 01:54 AM

i just voted, and the choices are great! i was pleasantly surprised with the pics; a lot of them were very touching. yay to our PoM committees for a great job! :flowers:

pinklady1991 03-05-2007 01:41 PM

What a great selection of photos...
I just have one suggestion...instead of putting just the photo link, perhaps there could have been a title even if it just read "Sweden" or "Denmark" as I was a little afraid that I may have voted for the wrong photo...

Elspeth 03-05-2007 01:51 PM

Well, part of the reason for not putting the country is that we saw last year that some people will just vote for the country without even really looking at the photos. We're trying to focus on the photos rather than on national pride!

dazzling 03-05-2007 05:04 PM

great photo choices, the new idea is great.

RoyalKnottie 03-05-2007 10:19 PM

I really like the photos! {removed who they voted for}

Can't wait til next month!

ysbel 03-06-2007 09:18 AM

Hello TRF members,

We're so glad you're enjoying the poll. There are so many great pictures in this poll! My thanks to all the PoM Reps and PoM Teams who did such a good job.

Here's a little video we put together to showcase this month's Picture of the Month poll. We put the pictures to music and thought you'd enjoy it.

We hope you enjoy it!

MrBig 03-06-2007 05:40 PM

I'm thrilled to have voted for the very first time ! And I quite enjoy the whole new idea of it, looking forward to the next poll!

pinklady1991 03-06-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, part of the reason for not putting the country is that we saw last year that some people will just vote for the country without even really looking at the photos. We're trying to focus on the photos rather than on national pride!

Okay...I understand...
Keeping Pinky on her toes!!!! :flowers:

Princess of Monaco 03-06-2007 09:41 PM

Thanks for the video!!!

I seeing today in You Tube and I like... but the bad thing is in this site I can't download the videos...

Thanks for post this new poll and the new format! and win the best!

ysbel 03-06-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess of Monaco
Thanks for the video!!!

I seeing today in You Tube and I like... but the bad thing is in this site I can't download the videos...

Thanks for post this new poll and the new format! and win the best!

I'm glad you enjoyed the video, Princess of Monaco. We enjoyed working on it. :flowers:

Here are the links if you want to download the video:

PoM2007_JanFeb_FinalMovie_small.wmv -small file for slow connections
PoM2007_JanFeb_FinalMovie.wmv - large file for faster connections

If your computer can play the video on YouTube without stopping or slowing down, I recommend that you download the second file (large file) because its quality is much better.

However for slower modem and dialup connections, I recommend downloading the first file (small file).

Hope this helps. :smile:

Coquine 03-10-2007 05:12 PM

Wow, even a video on YouTube ! The Picture of the Month team has clearly put a lot of work into this poll. Thank you !

Glistening Seas 03-12-2007 10:06 AM

Glistening Seas

:smile: Britain and Belgiums pics wouldn't come up. all others fine. however, i must say the idea of a formal and informal pics is really good we get more chOicEs and that's always fun doesn't make it so difficult to pick because as always they're spectacular. :smile:

ysbel 03-12-2007 01:12 PM

I fixed the links now Glistening Seas so you should be able to see Britain and Belgium's pics.

ysbel 03-19-2007 10:54 PM

Only one more week to go so if you haven't voted for your favorite Picture of the Month yet, now is the time to vote!