The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Kate Middleton Current Events 18: February-March 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/kate-middleton-current-events-18-february-march-2007-a-11967.html)

Elspeth 02-08-2007 01:46 AM

Kate Middleton Current Events 18: February-March 2007

Welcome to part 18 of the thread to discuss Kate Middleton's current events.

Part 17 can be found here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-11799.html

coolgirl 02-08-2007 08:22 PM

i failed to keep track of quite a number of posts here lately... im sorry if i have to ask this but, what is kate's real job? is she a buyer or an assistant? the last time i read about this claimed that she's an assistant for jigsaw.

pls. clarify.. thanks.:smile:

Elspeth 02-08-2007 08:38 PM

I think she's an assistant buyer. It'd be a bit unusual for someone to step straight into the role of a buyer for a chain without some sort of training after their degree.

coolgirl 02-08-2007 08:50 PM

thanks Elspeth, i think so too. but has jigsaw made some formal announcement or something regarding her position in the company?

oh by the way, i ran over this in some other forum. it's a YOUTUBE video of how much kate loves wearing boots all the time.
YouTube - Boots made for walking

Izzysamos 02-08-2007 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolgirl
thanks Elspeth, i think so too. but has jigsaw made some formal announcement or something regarding her position in the company?

oh by the way, i ran over this in some other forum. it's a YOUTUBE video of how much kate loves wearing boots all the time.

Friendly warning - be careful, one of my prior posts got axed for mentioning another forum... :rolleyes:

Elspeth 02-08-2007 10:50 PM

No it didn't, it got axed for bashing another forum.

The relevant rule is this:

Discussion of other forums should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.

avrilo 02-09-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolgirl

Lol... maybe she does it cause she has skiny legs¿

CasiraghiTrio 02-09-2007 06:21 PM

The tabloids got so silent after her birthday passed so quietly! :lol: Of course, in addition to playing down the anti-climatic(sp?) nature of the "event" they also might have been playing it safe in consideration of the lawyers' threats to go to the PCC and cry harassment.

As if that wasn't enough to quiet Fleet Street, the Telegraph (or was it the Standard) shut them up by pointing out that the Palace doesn't want to have anything upstage The Queen's and Duke of Edinburgh's Diamond Wedding anniversary.

I think the Palace is crazy, though. They passed up a chance to do what Denmark did with Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson. Wasn't their wedding on a major historical royal anniversary? It was his grandmother's big day too, I think. It would have been a nice thing, especially if William and Catherine also had the wedding in Westminster Abbey. Recycled anniversaries are great for all families. The sense of heritage is irresistable, especially for such a big one as Diamond. 60 years ago.... It would also generate a sense of hope, as one would hope that someday William and Catherine would stay married happily and watch their own grandchildren's weddings.

Last but not least, it would be great stuff for the pro-monarchists! The Republicans would bury their heads in despair!:lol:

CasiraghiTrio 02-09-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avrilo

I tried once to count her pairs of boots. I forgot my result though I remember she had a small # actually, as she re-wears the same few pairs all the time, especially those black suede ones she just loves!:smile:

Avalon 02-10-2007 11:27 AM

Kate had some good time watching England-Italy Six Nations rugby match, along with William and Harry.
Pictures are posted in Prince William current events thread.

christinacg 02-10-2007 12:47 PM

^yeah, both Kate and William look very happy

CasiraghiTrio 02-10-2007 03:32 PM

The 24dash said Zara was there too for Tindall. Maybe she was in the special seats for special guests of the teams? How weird for any VIP section to exclude William and Harry, though, haha. I guess they were just showing their humble, proletarian:rolleyes: natures. How good of them!:smile:

ZandraRae 02-10-2007 07:02 PM

Harry, Will and Kate all looked great at the match. Although Harry only seemed to be half there.

Bia 02-11-2007 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avrilo

The videos about her are so funny. Poor girl!

Avalon 02-12-2007 02:25 PM

William 'to surprise Kate with £10,000 Valentine's gift'

Prince William plans to surprise his girlfriend Kate Middleton with a lavish diamond-encrusted trinket on Valentine's Day.
The 24-year-old royal has reportedly paid almost £10,000 for an antique green enamel Van Cleef + Arpels diamond-framed compact.

Elspeth 02-12-2007 02:32 PM

As long as it's all over the media, I guess it won't be a surprise any more. I wonder where these people get these stories.:bang:

ysbel 02-12-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
As long as it's all over the media, I guess it won't be a surprise any more. I wonder where these people get these stories.:bang:

Their creative fiction department?

Skydragon 02-12-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon
Prince William plans to surprise his girlfriend Kate Middleton with a lavish diamond-encrusted trinket on Valentine's Day.
The 24-year-old royal has reportedly paid almost £10,000 for an antique green enamel Van Cleef + Arpels diamond-framed compact.

Oh really and I thought my husband had got that for me! :lol: :rofl:

avrilo 02-12-2007 03:24 PM

Kate´s surprise oficially spoiled!

Iluvbertie 02-12-2007 03:26 PM

At least we aren't being told that he will 'pop the question' this year on Valentine's Day.

You know, if and when this happens, I hope it will be on a day no one expects and surprised everyone.