The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f128/)
-   -   Christening of Countess Zaria; February 3, 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f128/christening-of-countess-zaria-february-3-2007-a-11903.html)

Princess Robijn 01-28-2007 07:12 AM

Christening of Countess Zaria; February 3, 2007
 
According to GPD (A dutch newspaper) the christening of Countess Zaria, second daughter of HRH Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau and HRH Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau and sister of Countess Luana, is next weekend.

I'm not sure how reliable this source is though, would the Dutch Royal House announce this?

Marengo 01-28-2007 09:08 AM

GDP is a very reliable source., so next weekend it is ;). The cout only anounced the christening of Countess Luana a few days before the actual event, so Iexpect the same for Zaria. Probably she will be baptised at Huis ten Bosch to.

Henri M. 01-28-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
According to GPD (A dutch newspaper) the christening of Countess Zaria, second daughter of HRH Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau and HRH Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau and sister of Countess Luana, is next weekend.

I'm not sure how reliable this source is though, would the Dutch Royal House announce this?

Prince Friso, Princess Mabel, Countess Luana and Countess Zaria are no members of the Royal House.

In essence the Royal House-website does only inform about official events around the members of the House but indeed, to meet the 'hunger' of the media for information, they also so now and then provide information on the other members of the royal family.

Last time, with the christening of Countess Luana, there was a press communiqué and also a few pictures.

LadyK 01-28-2007 10:20 AM

Who will be the Godparents? (I don't remember who Luana's were)

Henri M. 01-28-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyK
Who will be the Godparents? (I don't remember who Luana's were)

The Godparents are usually mentioned afterwards

The godparents of the highborn lady Emma Luana Ninette Sophie Countess van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg are:

- His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands (paternal uncle of the Countess)
- the high- and wellborn lady Christina Sophie Baroness Von der Recke (paternal cousin of the Countess)
- Ms Eveline Wisse Smit (maternal aunt of the Countess)
- Her Excellency Ms Emma Bonino, Italian Minister of International Trade and European Affairs (friend of the Countess' parents)

See the picture, with the two grandmothers of the Countess included.

The Watcher 01-28-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M.
The Godparents are usually mentioned afterwards

The godparents of the highborn lady Emma Luana Ninette Sophie Countess van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg are:

- His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands (paternal uncle of the Countess)
- the high- and wellborn lady Christina Baroness Von der Recke (paternal cousin of the Countess)
- Ms Eveline Wisse Smit (maternal aunt of the Countess)
- Her Excellency Ms Emma Bonino, Italian Minister of International Trade and European Affairs (friend of the Countess' parents)

See the picture, with the two grandmothers of the Countess included.

This is Sophie not Christina :flowers:

Henri M. 01-28-2007 12:00 PM

Christina = Sophie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Watcher
This is Sophie not Christina :flowers:

I think I had Prince Claus' sister Christina in my mind.
Thanks, I have corrected it.

corazon 01-28-2007 12:18 PM

great news! we can see zaria again! this will be a christening as the luana's?

Zonk 01-28-2007 12:22 PM

I would imagine that Willem Alexander would be a godfather this time around. I can't think of anyone else to be made a godparent as I am not that familiar with Mabel and Friso's crowd so to speak.

Aurora810 01-28-2007 01:16 PM

Nice to hear!! Will this be an event that many from the Dutch family will attend or will this be held on a smaller scale and more private?

Hope we get some pics!

Zonk mentioned that Willem Alexander might be godfather this time around. Just out of curiousity how many godchildren does Willem Alexander have?

Princess Robijn 02-01-2007 06:54 AM

It's confirmed:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Countess Zaria will be christened at february 3th 2007. The godparents will be HRH the Prince of Orange, HRH Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme, Ruben Abeling, Nicoline Wisse Smit and Maria Luz Luano.

Marengo 02-01-2007 06:58 AM

Nicoline is the eldest sister of Mabel, right?

Henri M. 02-01-2007 08:05 AM

The text of the communiqué:
 
On behalf of Their Royal Highnesses Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, the RVD (= Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst / Government Information Agency) announces the following:

On the coming February 3rd Countess Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou, the second daughter of Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, will be baptized in close circle at Huis ten Bosch palace.

The baptism will be officiated according to the liturgy of the Amsterdam Students Ecclesia by Huub Oosterhuis, a good friend of the couple.

Countess Zaria will not become a member of a denomination; Prince Friso and Princess Mabel wants to leave this important decision to Countess Zaria herself, like they did with their first daughter Countess Luana. They will raise Countess Zaria in the spirit of their own Faith.

The godparents will be:
- His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange (paternal uncle)
- His Royal Highness Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme (paternal cousin)
- Mr. Ruben Ameling (friend of the parents)
- Ms. Nicoline Wisse Smit (maternal aunt)
- Ms María Luz Luano (friend of the parents)

Her_Majesty 02-01-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M.
The baptism will be officiated according to the liturgy of the Amsterdam Students Ecclesia by Huub Oosterhuis, a good friend of the couple.

Countess Zaria will not become a member of a denomination; Prince Friso and Princess Mabel wants to leave this important decision to Countess Zaria herself, like they did with their first daughter Countess Luana. They will raise Countess Zaria in the spirit of their own Faith.

Thanks for this information, henri.. that's quite interesting.

Henri M. 02-01-2007 12:20 PM

This has happened to a few kids:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Thanks for this information, henri.. that's quite interesting.

The following children were christened in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit but not inscripted into a certain denomination:

Anastasia Margriet Joséphine van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven
Lucas Maurits Pieter Henri van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven
Felicia Juliana Bénédicte Barbara van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven

Emma Luana Ninette Sophie gravin Van Oranje-Nassau, jonkvrouw Van Amsberg
Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou gravin Van Oranje-Nassau, jonkvrouw Van Amsberg

Their parents hope that their children will, in the future, make an own well-considered and conscious choice for a certain denomination. The children are and will be raised in their parents' Faith(s), which is Protestant (Prince Friso & Princess Mabel) and Protestant/Roman-Catholic (Prince Maurits & Princess Marilène).

The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima have not made this choice: their daughters are baptized in the Protestant Church and will also be raised according that Faith. Princess Máxima however, has remained true and loyal to the Church of Rome and has not converted. Without any doubt she will add Catholic elements in the upbringing of Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia.

dazzling 02-01-2007 12:25 PM

this is great news. looking forward to the day to see all the lovely pictures. Id wish Maxima was between the godparents.

Alisa 02-02-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M.
On behalf of Their Royal Highnesses Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, the RVD (= Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst / Government Information Agency) announces the following:

On the coming February 3rd Countess Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou, the second daughter of Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, will be baptized in close circle at Huis ten Bosch palace.

The baptism will be officiated according to the liturgy of the Amsterdam Students Ecclesia by Huub Oosterhuis, a good friend of the couple.

Countess Zaria will not become a member of a denomination; Prince Friso and Princess Mabel wants to leave this important decision to Countess Zaria herself, like they did with their first daughter Countess Luana. They will raise Countess Zaria in the spirit of their own Faith.

The godparents will be:
- His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange (paternal uncle)
- His Royal Highness Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme (paternal cousin)
- Mr. Ruben Ameling (friend of the parents)
- Ms. Nicoline Wisse Smit (maternal aunt)
- Ms María Luz Luano (friend of the parents)

Thanks for the information. Why is RVD announcing this, the couple and their children do not belong to the royal house?

Henri M. 02-02-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
Thanks for the information. Why is RVD announcing this, the couple and their children do not belong to the royal house?

The premier minister (responsible for the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (RVD), the State Information Agency) once answered in the Second Chamber on the same question: "Considering the wide public interest, not only in members of the Royal House but also in members of the wider royal family, the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst can, when considered necessary or desired, function as an information portal for the media".

carlota 02-02-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M.

The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima have not made this choice: their daughters are baptized in the Protestant Church and will also be raised according that Faith. Princess Máxima however, has remained true and loyal to the Church of Rome and has not converted. Without any doubt she will add Catholic elements in the upbringing of Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia.

what do you mean by adding catholic elements to the upbringing of her daughters? i think it was said that although she remained catholic their daughters would be raised according to the protestant faith. i really doubt maxima would interfere with that. even if she does, catharina and alexia would be privately able to choose any faith they would like to, even if to the public they must show that they are protestants. (not a rule, but something obvious if we take into account that the dutch people cannot control what they do "inside home": if they would like to become catholic or budhist and follow catholic or budhist rituals at home, we would never know that and it is a possibility)

Princess Robijn 02-03-2007 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota
what do you mean by adding catholic elements to the upbringing of her daughters? i think it was said that although she remained catholic their daughters would be raised according to the protestant faith. i really doubt maxima would interfere with that. even if she does, catharina and alexia would be privately able to choose any faith they would like to, even if to the public they must show that they are protestants. (not a rule, but something obvious if we take into account that the dutch people cannot control what they do "inside home": if they would like to become catholic or budhist and follow catholic or budhist rituals at home, we would never know that and it is a possibility)

Princess Máxima has been influenced by the catholic faith, and She is most likely to teach her daughters some of it, intentional or not!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises