The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Dutch Royals (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Dutch Line of Succession (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/dutch-line-of-succession-11599.html)

Fashionista100 12-13-2006 10:23 PM

Dutch Line of Succession

What is the dutch line of succession. Can we get the top 25 or 30 in line. I know the crown prince and his children but what about further down? Can someone post a list? Maybe we could have the extensive line of succession for each royal house if possible? Just a thought. Can anyone help?

Oppie 12-13-2006 11:04 PM

1. HRH Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange, Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (first child of Queen Beatrix)
  2. HRH Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (first child of Prince Willem-Alexander)
  3. HRH Princess Alexia of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (second child of Prince Willem-Alexander)
  4. HRH the unborn third child of the Prince and Princess of Orange
  5. HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (third child of Queen Beatrix)
  6. HE Countess Eloise of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouw van Amsberg (daughter of Prince Constantijn)
  7. HE Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (son of Prince Constantijn)
  8. HE Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouw van Amsberg (daughter of Prince Constantijn)
  9. HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld (daughter of Queen Juliana)
  10. HH Prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven (son of Princess Margriet)
  11. HH Prince Bernhard of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven (son of Princess Margriet)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of...e_Dutch_Throne

Prince Bernhard is the last one on the list, if you click on the link it discusses why certain people are left out and what happens with Prince Willem Alexander becomes King.

Zonk 12-13-2006 11:12 PM

Thanks for the information Oppie...its very interesting how the Dutch succession differs from the British. Not that the British is the best....but they have included almost all of Queen Victoria descendants.

I wonder what would happen, if God forbid, anything happened to the first 11 people...woudl they then automatically go to the children of Prince Maurits?

Oppie 12-13-2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk
but they have included almost all of Queen Victoria descendants.

I wonder what would happen, if God forbid, anything happened to the first 11 people...woudl they then automatically go to the children of Prince Maurits?

It would be more than just Queen Victoria line, it is anyone that is a descendent of Electress Sophia (that is either none Catholic or hasn't married a Catholic, I think it is at least over 1000)

If something happens and Prince Maurits becomes King his children would automatically be added as would Prince Bernhard. If something happened to both of them along with everyone else, I don't know what would happen, I guess it would be up to the Dutch Parliament either Maurits children or re-adding Margarit two younger sons.

morhange 12-14-2006 04:24 AM

And once Willem-Alexander becomes king, Maurits and Bernhard won't be in line anymore.

Marengo 12-14-2006 05:56 AM

I believe the successionline was changed when Wilhelmina had difficulties to get pregnant. If Juliana wouldn't have been born a Prince zu Reuss or a Saxe-Weimar would have inherited the throne, which was not something that the Dutch looked upon with favour. So to prevent such a thing from happening the people in line for the throne have to be no more then 3 bloodlines removed from the monarch.

When Willem-Alexander succeeds to the throne Maurits and Bernhard will be 4 bloodlines away, so they will automatically be no longer in line of the throne.

If for some reason all the children and grandchildren of Beatrix will be excluded from the list of succession, then Maurits children, niece and nephew will automatically become in the list, the moment he succeeds.

If the entire list of people in line of succession would cease to excist for some reason then parlament can select a new person to become the dutch monarch.

Henri M. 12-14-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fashionista100
What is the dutch line of succession. Can we get the top 25 or 30 in line. I know the crown prince and his children but what about further down? Can someone post a list? Maybe we could have the extensive line of succession for each royal house if possible? Just a thought. Can anyone help?

Unlike the British situation, the Dutch line of succession is limited to those who are related to the Sovereign, but no furtherer than three degrees of consanguity.

Imagine that Willem-Alexander is King now, then 8 people would be in the line of succession:

Related to His Majesty King Willem IV Alexander in 1 degree of consanguity:
1 - Her Royal Highness The Princess of Orange (Catharina-Amalia) child of The King
2 - Her Royal Highness Princess Alexia of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau child of The King
3 - His (Her) Royal Highness the unborn Prince (Princess) of the Netherlands, Prince (Princess) of Orange-Nassau child of The King

Related to His Majesty King Willem IV Alexander in 2 degrees of consanguity:
4 - His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg brother to The King

Related to His Majesty King Willem IV Alexander in 3 degrees of consanguity:
5 - the highborn lady Elo´se Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg niece to The King
6 - the highborn lord Claus-Casimir Count of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg nephew to The King
7 - the highborn lady Leonore Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg niece to The King
8 - Her Royal Highness Princess Margriet of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld aunt to The King

:flowers:

Fashionista100 12-14-2006 11:24 AM

Thanks for the link. They also list other houses lines of sucession and nonreigning houses too if anyone is interested. It is interesting how it works.