The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/)
-   -   Preparations for the 10th Anniversary Concert and Memorial Service (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/preparations-for-the-10th-anniversary-concert-and-memorial-service-11590.html)

sirhon11234 12-09-2006 05:29 PM

Preparations for the 10th Anniversary Concert and Memorial Service

Spice Girls are to perform at Diana concert next year.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7005720510

Skydragon 12-12-2006 07:45 AM

Concert and service to mark Diana's death

Princes William and Harry have announced two events to mark the tenth anniversary of the death of their mother, Diana, Princess of Wales.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12122006/35...a-s-death.html

corazon 12-12-2006 08:35 AM

I see the interview in the royalist and is brillant! william and harry is the first time they talk about diana and her work especially to the diana princess of wales memorial fund.
I think it's very very nice they will do a service in agust 31 and the vconcert in wembley, just they know exactly taht diana want.
Me as diana fan I am very pround of william and harry, at last diana will honored as she was, the mother of a future king.

Avalon 12-12-2006 08:36 AM

Official website, dedicate to the Concert for Diana (starting from tomorrow, you can buy tickets from there!) can be found here.

And here is is the video and transcript of broadcast footage for Prince William and Prince Harry’s announcement of commemorations for Diana, Princess of Wales.

xtan 12-12-2006 10:33 AM

did anyone see the interview william and harry gave on diana's 10 years anniversery? i read somewhere that william and harry looked bored during the interview? so i was wondering if it is true....

corazon 12-12-2006 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtan
did anyone see the interview william and harry gave on diana's 10 years anniversery? i read somewhere that william and harry looked bored during the interview? so i was wondering if it is true....

yes, you can see the interniew in the royalist page or in the official page of the prince of wales

Skydragon 12-12-2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtan

Just click here to see it.

BeatrixFan 12-12-2006 11:55 AM

Who is paying for this concert?

love_cc 12-12-2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Who is paying for this concert?

Thousands of sponsors will be willing to offer everything for the concerts and the stars are willing to gain their reputation in this event. Don't worry about the bill. The concert is a charity concert and not for paying money. I think Charles will pay the money if it is necessary. But I believe that every one who have an interest in this shall never ask for any money for pay.

corazon 12-12-2006 12:22 PM

may be the government too, this concert maybe be like the freddie mercury tribute concert in 1992, but I don't know who pay the concert.

BeatrixFan 12-12-2006 12:44 PM

Well as long as they don't expect the tax-payer to foot the bill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6171889.stm

Quote:

It has also been confirmed the senior royals, including their stepmother the Duchess of Cornwall, will attend the memorial service on 31 August, the actual anniversary of Diana's death.
Thank Heaven for small mercies.

corazon 12-12-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love_cc
Thousands of sponsors will be willing to offer everything for the concerts and the stars are willing to gain their reputation in this event. Don't worry about the bill. The concert is a charity concert and not for paying money. I think Charles will pay the money if it is necessary. But I believe that every one who have an interest in this shall never ask for any money for pay.

if charles wil pay some part of the concert we can't know but if it is this was is very correct, she was his wife and the mother of his children

Skydragon 12-12-2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corazon
if charles wil pay some part of the concert we can't know but if it is this was is very correct, she was his wife and the mother of his children

She was his ex wife and it would hardly be right to expect him to pay anything towards it.

Perhaps the father of her last boyfriend, al Fayed, will pay, but like BeatrixFan, I hope it is not going to come from British Taxpayers, the enquiry has cost more than enough! :mad:

corazon 12-12-2006 01:14 PM

:wacko: the monarchy ans al fayed don't are very close friends
I don't thinks william and harry work together in nothing with al fayed.
this look like a william and harry's plan with the help of cahrles and of course, with the permition of the queen.
if the boys want to do a tribute to their mother and at the same tome do a charity is fine.
Who pay the concert we don't know

We don't talk about the investigation, but was logic that a princess die i crash the british justice do an investigation

BeatrixFan 12-12-2006 01:17 PM

I agree Skydragon. This enquiry has cost 2 million approx. It is expected to cost a furthur 3 million when all legal fees etc are covered. So we DO talk about the investigation because there had already been one. This one was just to humour the conspiracists and it landed the British people with a bill into millions. She's cost us enough already without us paying for a concert.

corazon 12-12-2006 01:29 PM

in the freddie mercury concert tribute were in wembley 72.000 persons, the new wembley is most great?

Elspeth 12-12-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
She was his ex wife and it would hardly be right to expect him to pay anything towards it.

Perhaps the father of her last boyfriend, al Fayed, will pay, but like BeatrixFan, I hope it is not going to come from British Taxpayers, the enquiry has cost more than enough! :mad:

Please tell me you aren't being serious. Somehow I don't think the princes would want to be associated with an event being paid for by the man who's been running around for the last decade accusing their grandfather of having had their mother murdered.

I'm sure that if the Prince of Wales is contributing to the concert, it won't be because anyone expects anything, it'll be to commemorate her years as Princess of Wales. She was a full-time member of the royal family for 15 years, and it isn't all that unreasonable for the Duchy of Cornwall to contribute to a commemorative concert.

Jo of Palatine 12-12-2006 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I agree Skydragon. This enquiry has cost 2 million approx. It is expected to cost a furthur 3 million when all legal fees etc are covered. So we DO talk about the investigation because there had already been one. This one was just to humour the conspiracists and it landed the British people with a bill into millions. She's cost us enough already without us paying for a concert.

I guess such a concert should be earning its own keep with TV rights, fandom stuff and entrance fees. BTW - did you see on the webpage that there are NO VIP-tickets? First in, first come-system? I wonder in which row they will place Daddy Charles..... :rofl:

Skydragon 12-12-2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
Please tell me you aren't being serious. Somehow I don't think the princes would want to be associated with an event being paid for by the man who's been running around for the last decade accusing their grandfather of having had their mother murdered.

I'm sure that if the Prince of Wales is contributing to the concert, it won't be because anyone expects anything, it'll be to commemorate her years as Princess of Wales. She was a full-time member of the royal family for 15 years, and it isn't all that unreasonable for the Duchy of Cornwall to contribute to a commemorative concert.

I was being sarcastic, it gets the better of me sometimes! :flowers:

Why is there a presumption that her ex husband should contribute anything? When you divorce, it severs all ties IMO, otherwise the men and women who have 3, 4, 5 ex's would be very busy and very much out of pocket.

Jo of Palatine 12-12-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
I was being sarcastic, it gets the better of me sometimes! :flowers:

To stay in the spirit of it: The Prince of Wales is already contributing something to the festiveness of the event: he's bringing his princess.......:lol: (Sorry, after reading the comments on the royalist.com-page I couldn't stop myself....