The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   The Wales Family Pets (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/the-wales-family-pets-11501.html)

iowabelle 12-01-2006 06:04 PM

The Wales Family Pets
 
Do the Prince of Wales and the Duchess currently have any dogs?

Is Tigger still alive? I remember that her son Roo went missing and was never found (to my knowledge).

BeatrixFan 12-01-2006 06:06 PM

I think it was Roo that went down a rabbit hole and never came out again and Charles used to go walking every night trying to find him. I know that the Duchess has a dog and I think Charles has two dogs but I'm not quite sure. I imagine Camilla has a few horses.

Oppie 12-01-2006 06:18 PM

The Duchess has a dog named Tosca (he was named honourary dog of something)

iowabelle 12-01-2006 06:34 PM

Right, I remember Tosca now.

I will always remember that the PoW's chef at Highgrove, Mervyn, didn't like dogs in his kitchen and once stuck Tigger in a warm oven. (That wasn't very nice, Mervyn.)

iowabelle 12-01-2006 06:35 PM

The PoW website says the Duchess has three Jack Russells: Tosca, Rosie and Freddie.

Royal Fan 12-01-2006 07:54 PM

What about the Duke of Cornwall.

iowabelle 12-01-2006 08:03 PM

I didn't see that the biography of "the Duke" listed any pets.

Warren 12-02-2006 06:14 AM

July 2006. A lovely pic of Camilla's daughter Laura Lopes with Camilla's dogs.

Skydragon 12-02-2006 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowabelle
Do the Prince of Wales and the Duchess currently have any dogs?

Is Tigger still alive? I remember that her son Roo went missing and was never found (to my knowledge).

Tigger died at 18!

milla Ca 12-02-2006 06:31 AM

I read that Tosca doesn´t like other dogs around her.
When Tigga was still alive and Camilla wanted to visit Charles with her dog, Tosca had to stay in the car, or in another room at Highgrove.
And i ´ve seen pics that shows that the Duchess takes her dogs with her when she is with the Prince in Scotland.

Skydragon 12-02-2006 06:51 AM

Tosca was originally given to Charles by Camilla, but, as you say milla Ca, Tosca was not too fond of other dogs. Camilla seems to have done wonders with her and she seems fairly well behaved now! IMO.

Camilla's dogs are Tosca, Freddie and Rosie, her horses are Molly, Willy and Bearskin. :flowers:

Roo went missing and was never found, nobody knows whether he died down a rabbit hole, was stolen or found by someone who thought he had been abandoned and just took him home.

wymanda 12-02-2006 07:34 PM

Do William & Harry still have Widgeon?

Skydragon 12-03-2006 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wymanda
Do William & Harry still have Widgeon?

Widgeon is Williams dog and is I believe still alive. :flowers:

milla Ca 12-04-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon

Camilla's dogs are Tosca, Freddie and Rosie, her horses are Molly, Willy and Bearskin. :flowers:

I know this is a thread about pets...but do you know the name of the pony Camilla was given from Charles in Scotland, i think it was before their wedding.
Thank you:flowers: .

Oppie 12-04-2006 01:01 PM

Here is the post about Tosca with pictures of Camilla and Tom

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/238459-post66.html

Skydragon 12-04-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milla Ca
I know this is a thread about pets...but do you know the name of the pony Camilla was given from Charles in Scotland, i think it was before their wedding.
Thank you:flowers: .

I don't think Camilla keeps any of her own horses in Scotland. :flowers:

milla Ca 12-06-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
I don't think Camilla keeps any of her own horses in Scotland. :flowers:

I knew, that i read about this pony in a book, and now i´ve found it again.
It´s in the first German Camilla Biographie from Tatjana Gräfin Dönhoff.
She has written that Camilla became the pony (of a special race) as a Valentins-Day present from Charles in 2004. And that the name of the pony is Rompy.

I don´t know if it´s true...

Skydragon 12-06-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milla Ca
I knew, that i read about this pony in a book, and now i´ve found it again.
It´s in the first German Camilla Biographie from Tatjana Gräfin Dönhoff.
She has written that Camilla became the pony (of a special race) as a Valentins-Day present from Charles in 2004. And that the name of the pony is Rompy.

I don´t know if it´s true...

As far as I can find, Camilla only owns the 3 horses and they are all kept at Highgrove. :flowers:

The name 'Rompy' sounds a bit suspicious! :ohmy: this is the definition "an amusing, energetic and often sexual entertainment or situation"

iowabelle 12-09-2006 06:30 PM

Does anyone else know... I think that Tigger was also a gift from Camilla to Charles. (I've read so much stuff over the last 20+ years it all runs together!)

Gladys 12-10-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milla Ca
I knew, that i read about this pony in a book, and now i´ve found it again.
It´s in the first German Camilla Biographie from Tatjana Gräfin Dönhoff.
She has written that Camilla became the pony (of a special race) as a Valentins-Day present from Charles in 2004. And that the name of the pony is Rompy.

I don´t know if it´s true...

I was suspicious when it comes to this particular biography. It just repeates a lot of things from other publications and some of the translations are really awful. To me it has made the impression of a copy and not in the best of ways. I wouldn't consider her as an expert. But maybe the story you are referring to is indeed true.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises