The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Akishino, Crown Princess Kiko and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f126/)
-   -   Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko Current Events Part 2: November 2006 - April 2017 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f126/prince-akishino-and-princess-kiko-current-events-part-2-november-2006-april-2017-a-11392.html)

Kasumi 01-25-2011 11:28 AM

HIH the Princess Akishinonomiya Kiko visited the performance of Kyogen (Japanese Traditional Comic Drama) specially played in sign language for hearing-impaired people on 22nd January.
HIH Princess Kiko is fluent in sign language since she was a university student.
Source: Kyodo

iceflower 01-26-2011 03:29 AM

Prince Akishino and his wife Princess Kiko visited the National Museum in San
Jose, January 25, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **

Kasumi 01-26-2011 04:12 PM

TIH the Prince and Princess Akishino visited INBio Park in Heredia, Costa Rica, January 26th 2011.
**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3** - credits Reuters
daylife gallery

Princes of Japan in Costa Rica - Insidecostarica.com

Kasumi 01-27-2011 02:22 AM

Prince Akishino and his wife Princess Kiko on Wednesday made a courtesy call on Costa Rican President Laura Chinchilla and conveyed a message from Emperor Akihito.
During the meeting, the couple and Chinchilla touched upon Costa Rica’s geothermal power generation, and Chinchilla expressed her expectations that the two countries will further enhance cooperation in the field of natural energy.- Japan Today

Costa Rican President Laura Chinchilla (L) walks next to Japanese Prince (C) and Princess Akishino (2nd-L) as presidential palace employees wave national and Japanese flags, upon their arrival at the presidential palace in SanJose, on January 26, 2011.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3**
**Pic 4** **Pic 5** **Pic 6**
**Pic 7** - credits Reuters, Getty via daylife

iceflower 01-28-2011 03:32 AM

Prince Akishino and his wife Princess Kiko were given a tour of the orchid house
by official Franco Populin at the Lankester Botanical Garden near Cartago and
spoke to children at the School of Japan in San Jose, January 27, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** daylife ** belga gallery **

Mirabel 01-28-2011 11:04 AM

Nice pictures; they do look as if they are enjoying themselves.

Kasumi 01-29-2011 04:59 AM

Japan's Prince Akishino, the second son of Emperor Akihito, on Friday visited with children suffering with cancer, on the fifth day of his visit to the Central American nation.The prince and his wife, Princess Kiko, visited the National Children's Hospital and met with the facility director Orlando Urroz, who later told AFP the visit filled with him and his staff "with pride." - AFP

Tilla 01-29-2011 02:54 PM

Princess Kiko looks so dainty with her white hat.

Mirabel 01-31-2011 10:43 PM

I think Kiko is more attractive than Masako.
I admit, I'm hoping she and her husband will be the ones who go to London for the royal wedding this spring; I'd like to see her there.

Kasumi 02-13-2011 08:44 AM

HIH the Prince Akishino scheduled to visit Thailand

On 7 February 2011, H.E. Mr. Seiji Kojima, Ambassador of Japan to Thailand, paid a courtesy call on Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva at the Government House, on the occasion of his assuming the position.
The Prime Minister welcomed the Japanese Ambassador and praised long-standing and cordial relationship between Thailand and Japan.
The two countries will celebrate the 125th anniversary of relations in 2012. On this occasion, the Japanese Ambassador informed that H.I.H. Prince Akishino was scheduled to visit Thailand in March. - isria.com

Mariko 02-16-2011 06:58 PM

On February 13, 2011, The Prince and Princess Akishino attend The Earth Hall of Fame Kyoto and they met Princess Wangchuck who had given the speech.

Mariko 02-16-2011 10:12 PM

Prince Hisa****o's YouTube Video 2006-2011
He is really cute!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHxexoZYcbY

Mariko 02-16-2011 10:27 PM

In the above video of Princes Hisahito 2006 - 2011 from 8:37 is the voice of Emperor Akihito.

"He loves insects, and in the autumn, he came to the Biological Laboratory of the Imperial Household and also the gardens of our Residence, and caught grasshoppers and mantes. He is also interested in fruits and enjoyed observing how the grapes were growing in the Biological Laboratory of the Imperial Household and picking persimmons, and so on. On Prince Akishino's birthday, when the Empress showed Hisahito a fragrant karin (Chinese quince) fruit that She had picked in the garden that day, Hisahito went around carrying that heavy fruit very dearly wherever he went; it was a most endearing sight.''

The part of "Press Conference on the occasion of His Majesty's Birthday (2010) " IHA

Mariko 02-23-2011 02:00 AM

The DVD magazine No 24 was released in Japan with Prince Hisahito and Prince Akshino's family. The magazine was so popular in Japan. It was sold out. You can see that in Amazon site. Below.

Amazon.com: DVDƒ}ƒKƒWƒ“ cŽº‚Ì20¢‹I~cŽº‚Æ‹³ˆç~: –{

Amazon.co.jpF DVDƒ}ƒKƒWƒ“ cŽº‚Ì20¢‹I~cŽº‚Æ‹³ˆç~

rominet09 02-23-2011 02:52 AM

What a delightful little video, he is cute beyond words... thanks for posting !

Kasumi 02-25-2011 01:10 PM

TIH the Prince and Princess Akishino were present in Kyoto Earth Hall of Fame on February 13th, 2011, during the ceremony of honouring the IV Dragon King of Bhutan for his contribution into the protection of the global environment. - Full article

Mariko 02-25-2011 03:13 PM

Princess Akishino visits Kyoto to attend "The flower Design 2011".
She is back already in Kyoto again.

?????? ???????????????? : ????

By Kyoto Shinbun

Mariko 02-25-2011 08:49 PM

Interesting works associated by Prince Akishino

I just heard about this article that Prince Akisino wrote in the official web site of Zoo and Aquarium. It's Japanese but has a good picture of Prince Akisino. And it is a last summer.

??????? | ????????????? ?????????????

Click 2010 SUMMER with picture of Penguins cover.

On the bottom of black frame on the 4th one, click it again.
Then use magnifying glass with + sign to make a picture big.
There you can see Princes Akisino with a horse.
Message from Nichidousui. Nichidousui stands for abbreviation of "Japan Zoo Aquarium" and Princes Akisino is the president of this association.

He wrote the message for the launch of this magazine.
"Since I was child I always had interest for animals..."

It's really neat to see his care towards animals. He has given so many talks related to care of animals as well as Scholar.

From Zoo and Aquarium official site.
Japan Zoos and Aquariums Association

Kasumi 02-27-2011 05:35 PM

Prince Akishino to visit Thailand March 8-11, 2011

Prince Akishino, the second son of Emperor Akihito, will visit Thailand in March on a private trip, according to the Imperial Household Agency.
According to his travel plan, reported at a cabinet meeting Tuesday, he will visit Bangkok on March 8 and return to Japan on March 11.
He is scheduled to receive honorary doctoral degrees from Kasetsart University and Chiangmai University for his study on the domestication of chickens. - Japan Today

Kasumi 03-09-2011 02:10 AM

Prince Akishino has left early Tuesday for a private trip to Thailand, the Imperial Household Agency said.
The prince is slated to make a courtesy call on King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit, while receiving honorary doctoral degrees from Kasetsart University and Chiangmai University for his study of the domestication of chickens, according to the agency. He will return home Friday. - Japan Today

Photo - Kyodo