The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Life and Lifestyle (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Question about Royal bedrooms (or bedchambers or whatever they call it) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/question-about-royal-bedrooms-or-bedchambers-or-whatever-they-call-it-11374.html)

CrownPrinceLorenzo 11-12-2006 06:42 AM

Question about Royal bedrooms (or bedchambers or whatever they call it)
 
Okay, so I'm still not done making a palace in The Sims 2.

But I'm now in the process of making bedrooms.

And I was wondering if the sovereign and his/her consort share the same bedroom or if they have separate ones?

Same for any of the married Prince/Princess if they share a bedroom with their spouse.

Anyway, if anyone could answer this it'll be cool as ice. :cool:

adelaide 11-12-2006 12:17 PM

Very strange question because it's very well know that this item belong to the privacy of the Kings/CrownPrinces and so on.

But whithout to broke a secret I beleive that the Queen Elisabeth II has a separate room with her husband....

For the younger generation of Kings I don't know but I can to suppose it's like every people since a such age....

And for the recent married CrownPrinces, as we can see the increase of the birth, in my mind they have to share the same bed ( a big one for Felipe of Spain) but I have no certain proof except the fact that the Princess, quiet all, are pregnant..

For the othres princes, it dosen't exist protocolar rules for to have or not room or bed separated!

Lady Jennifer 11-12-2006 12:27 PM

I would assume they do share the same bedroom. If I'm not mistaken it was common practice years ago for them to have separate rooms...or at least beds.

CrownPrinceLorenzo 11-12-2006 12:58 PM

Okay soo modern royal couples probably share rooms then, right?

I'll just play it safe, and create different rooms for each of the member of my Sim royal family.

Thank you for the answers :-)

BeatrixFan 11-12-2006 01:06 PM

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh don't share a bedroom. They have seperate rooms that back onto each other with inter-connecting doors and either side of those rooms are dressing rooms - a kind of walk in wardrobe. I'm not sure about others although I do know that Charles and Camilla share a bedroom at Clarence House.

CrownPrinceLorenzo 11-12-2006 01:09 PM

Thanks Beatrix fan, I'll keep the connecting door in mind.

Do they have private bathrooms in their respective rooms?

BeatrixFan 11-12-2006 01:13 PM

According to Brian Hoey's book, "At Home with the Queen", their rooms are more like connected suites. There's a bathroom, a bedroom and a dressing room and then a small room for the Page, who is barred from entering the Queen's bedroom and dressing room but is allowed to go into the shared dining room that the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh take breakfast in.

CrownPrinceLorenzo 11-12-2006 01:16 PM

Thanks! That's very helpful! VERY VERY! :flowers:

Mari_* 11-12-2006 05:36 PM

I wonder why would they separate bedrooms.. if they're are married?

BeatrixFan 11-12-2006 06:11 PM

Well, it's generally just the way things are done. Which sounds strange to some but normal to others.

Hereditary Mapmaker 11-12-2006 10:30 PM

I don't know if this is the reason, but I do know that there are a large number of people in the world today who utilize separate bedrooms because their sleeping habits are so different (one snores, one is a light sleeper, one is warm-natured, etc.).

I know that in times past, at least in the U.S., people portrayed life in movies and television to match their supposed moral sensibilities. Most couples did share a bed but you wouldn't know it if you watched most of the programs before the late 1960s, which usually avoided showing a bedroom at all if possible. Mike and Carol on "The Brady Bunch" were the first married couple to be shown in the same bed and that wasn't until 1968 or 1969.

Another possible reason is just for practicality. The sovereign/monarch/head of state is pretty much on call 24 hours a day because so many things in his/her country and in the world can affect their agenda. I don't know how often it happens, but I'm sure that the spouse of said person wouldn't want to always lose rest over something that wouldn't necessarily require their knowledge or attention.

It totally dispels the whole fairy tale thing, but certainly with arranged marriages and the numbers of divorces we've seen in the last 20 years, maybe the couples who sleep separately just don't care for each other.

QUESTION: If you were a royal sovereign or spouse and you were shown sleeping quarters that were separate, would you ask to be placed in the same room with your spouse?

Mapper

CrownPrinceLorenzo 11-12-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hereditary Mapmaker
QUESTION: If you were a royal sovereign or spouse and you were shown sleeping quarters that were separate, would you ask to be placed in the same room with your spouse?

Mapper

If I was the King :king:, and I married for love, instead of politics/power/wealth. Then yes, I'd ask my court to place me and my spouse in the same room. And also, not disturb us as much. :winkiss: :devil:

cde 11-13-2006 12:01 AM

Beatrixfan, I am curious do you remember where you heard that C+C have only one bedroom at CH? Because I read the exact opposite, I assumed it was for all their houses. Charles and Camilla each have their own bedroom suites( When they were doing CH it came out Camilla was doing her bedroom in pink.) and they have a shared bedroom. One of the reasons they supposely do it like that is because Charles is neat freak of sorts and Camilla is messy, well not as neat as Charles. :) And they never were in the habit of sleeping together to begin with ....

Princess Robijn 11-13-2006 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrinceLorenzo
Okay, so I'm still not done making a palace in The Sims 2.

But I'm now in the process of making bedrooms.

And I was wondering if the sovereign and his/her consort share the same bedroom or if they have separate ones?

Same for any of the married Prince/Princess if they share a bedroom with their spouse.

Anyway, if anyone could answer this it'll be cool as ice. :cool:

Wow :ohmy: a palace in The Sims 2 :wub: Could you please zip the file and than post in on the internet?? I would love to have one, but I'm kind of lazy :cool:

olga7777 11-13-2006 07:12 AM

Hi :flowers:

I'm not sure if this will be of any use for you but the Prince Felipe was actually moving to a new house before getting married with Letizia. The house was newly built within the Zarzuela area, it is within walking distance from it, and at the time (around the wedding time) there were some details about the house published. Some of them refer to the bedroom area, and some were general about the house. The source for this is the Spanish newspaper "El Mundo" Graphic

On top there is a small reproduction of the palace, and the bottom of the graphic there is a small reproduction of the bedroom area.

I'll try to translate some of the details that go along with the picture describing it:

It has a swiming pool of 180m square, a dressing area (vestuarios) next to it.

"Buhardilla" means attic,and "terraza" means big balcony.

"Primera planta: 5 dormitorios, 4 vestidores, 3 salas de estar, 5 baņos, 1 aseo, 1 oficina, 1 cuarto de servicio, 2 despachos y 1 terraza" This will be translated as " First floor: 5 bedrooms, 4 dressing rooms, 3 sitting rooms, 5 bathrooms, 1 toilet, 1 office, 1 room for the staff, 2 more private offices and 1 big balcony.

"Aparcamiento cubierto" enclosed parking. "Entrada Principal" main entrance.

"Sotano: 5 dormitorios, 4 cuartos del servicio, 4 baņos, 1 aseo, 1 cocina, 1 office (I donīt really know what this word in Spanish means, so the translation might be wrong), 2 vestuarios, 1 muelle de carga, 1 cava, 1 despensa, 1 salon comedor, 3 ascensores, 2 salas de maquinas."
Basement: 5 bedrooms, 4 staff rooms, 4 bathrooms, 1 toilet, 1 kitchen, 1 office*, 2 dressing rooms, 1 loading and unloading area, 1 cellar, 1 storage room (food), 1 sittingroom cum livingroom, 3 lifts, 2 machine rooms.

"Entresuelo: 2 salas de audiencia, 2 salas del consejo, 1 sala de espera, 1 dormitorio, 2 despachos, 4 aseos, 1 cuarto de servicio y 1 office*. 20 plazas de garage"

Groundfloor: 2 audiences rooms, 2 meetingrooms, 1 waiting room, 1 bedroom, 2 offices, 2 private offices, 4 toilets, 1 staff room, and 1 office*. 20 parking places.

"El dormitorio del Principe: Felipe de Borbon dispone dentro de su mansion de 1 dormitorio en la primera planta, con 1 vestidor, 1 baņo y 1 sala de estar con chimenea. Esta parte de la casa tiene 110m cuadrados."

"The Princeīs bedroom: Felipe de Borbon has inside his mansion 1 bedroom in the first floor, with 1 dressing room, 1 bathroom, and 1 livingroom with a fireplace. This part of the house has 110 square metres."

The last words in spanish in the part of the graphic dedicated to the bedroom area are as follow (first spanish version and then english):

Vestidor is Dressingroom
Distribuidor is Hall
Dormitorio is Bedroom
Baņo is Bathroom
Sala de estar is Sitting room
Chimenea is Fireplace

There is a note by the newspaper at the bottom saying that this is not an exact replica of the house and the private area of the Prince is not marked for security reasons


There is also an article that goes along with the graphic that I donīt know whether it is has already been posted in the forums or anyone has any special interest in it. If so let me know and I will bring it to the forum.

All this is very old stuff, from 2003 aprox., I hope this is like the stuff you were looking for. :flowers:

CrownPrinceLorenzo 11-13-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olga7777
Hi :flowers:

I'm not sure if this will be of any use for you but the Prince Felipe was actually moving to a new house before getting married with Letizia. The house was newly built within the Zarzuela area, it is within walking distance from it, and at the time (around the wedding time) there were some details about the house published. Some of them refer to the bedroom area, and some were general about the house. The source for this is the Spanish newspaper "El Mundo" Graphic

On top there is a small reproduction of the palace, and the bottom of the graphic there is a small reproduction of the bedroom area.

I'll try to translate some of the details that go along with the picture describing it:

It has a swiming pool of 180m square, a dressing area (vestuarios) next to it.

"Buhardilla" means attic,and "terraza" means big balcony.

"Primera planta: 5 dormitorios, 4 vestidores, 3 salas de estar, 5 baņos, 1 aseo, 1 oficina, 1 cuarto de servicio, 2 despachos y 1 terraza" This will be translated as " First floor: 5 bedrooms, 4 dressing rooms, 3 sitting rooms, 5 bathrooms, 1 toilet, 1 office, 1 room for the staff, 2 more private offices and 1 big balcony.

"Aparcamiento cubierto" enclosed parking. "Entrada Principal" main entrance.

"Sotano: 5 dormitorios, 4 cuartos del servicio, 4 baņos, 1 aseo, 1 cocina, 1 office (I donīt really know what this word in Spanish means, so the translation might be wrong), 2 vestuarios, 1 muelle de carga, 1 cava, 1 despensa, 1 salon comedor, 3 ascensores, 2 salas de maquinas."
Basement: 5 bedrooms, 4 staff rooms, 4 bathrooms, 1 toilet, 1 kitchen, 1 office*, 2 dressing rooms, 1 loading and unloading area, 1 cellar, 1 storage room (food), 1 sittingroom cum livingroom, 3 lifts, 2 machine rooms.

"Entresuelo: 2 salas de audiencia, 2 salas del consejo, 1 sala de espera, 1 dormitorio, 2 despachos, 4 aseos, 1 cuarto de servicio y 1 office*. 20 plazas de garage"

Groundfloor: 2 audiences rooms, 2 meetingrooms, 1 waiting room, 1 bedroom, 2 offices, 2 private offices, 4 toilets, 1 staff room, and 1 office*. 20 parking places.

"El dormitorio del Principe: Felipe de Borbon dispone dentro de su mansion de 1 dormitorio en la primera planta, con 1 vestidor, 1 baņo y 1 sala de estar con chimenea. Esta parte de la casa tiene 110m cuadrados."

"The Princeīs bedroom: Felipe de Borbon has inside his mansion 1 bedroom in the first floor, with 1 dressing room, 1 bathroom, and 1 livingroom with a fireplace. This part of the house has 110 square metres."

The last words in spanish in the part of the graphic dedicated to the bedroom area are as follow (first spanish version and then english):

Vestidor is Dressingroom
Distribuidor is Hall
Dormitorio is Bedroom
Baņo is Bathroom
Sala de estar is Sitting room
Chimenea is Fireplace

There is a note by the newspaper at the bottom saying that this is not an exact replica of the house and the private area of the Prince is not marked for security reasons


There is also an article that goes along with the graphic that I donīt know whether it is has already been posted in the forums or anyone has any special interest in it. If so let me know and I will bring it to the forum.

All this is very old stuff, from 2003 aprox., I hope this is like the stuff you were looking for. :flowers:

Oh wow, that's a lot of rooms lol. I'll have to tone it down for the Sims 2 because of game (and my computer's) limitation.

But wow that was helpful.

CrownPrinceLorenzo 11-13-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
Wow :ohmy: a palace in The Sims 2 :wub: Could you please zip the file and than post in on the internet?? I would love to have one, but I'm kind of lazy :cool:

Okay I'll send you a private as soon as I finish it. =)

LadyK 11-13-2006 10:17 AM

I know that historically, most people had separate bedrooms. For an interior design project I did, I can tell you that (at least 100 years ago) most people had a grand owner's 'suite'. This suite contained a very large master bedroom with a connecting door into the smaller bedroom for his wife. Back then (which is also when many of the palaces that the royals live in know were constructed, like Buckingham palace) there were no built in closets (This was a more modern invention)- they used armoires. They may have a dressing room, although this was often shared. The wife often would have a sitting room (which might often double as her dressing room, or her place to write letters, or meet with her housekeeper. Later, bathrooms would be attached as well. There would always be on en suite, and in really rich houses (and in houses that were remodeled to add it) one might be in each area. For 'marital relations' the husband would often pay a visit to his wife's bed. She would rarely ever visit his (it would probably be considered too forward or improper :rolleyes:) For couples who did't want the separation, then they would often stay in one or the other bedroom, (often the master bedroom, since it was larger) and the wife would keep her bedroom as a sitting room or office (as her husband would have othe rooms for himself). I would expect that the suites in the palaces used by most the royals (ie Buckingham palace, and some of the Danish palaces, and some of the Swedish and Dutch) would be constructed similarly. Because of historical provinance, I kind of doubt they would change the wall system too much. My guess would be some of the modern royals (the ones who love each other and are more....modern- I can't think of a better word)(such as Mary and Fred, Max and W-A) would share a bedroom, and maybe use the other bedroom as a sitting room or day room. Some of the older royals probably have separate bedrooms, such as QEII and the Duke of Edinburgh, and King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia (I'm guessing on this one, so don't jump on me) It would be a very personal choice, and not very likely to be published.

milla Ca 11-13-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I'm not sure about others although I do know that Charles and Camilla share a bedroom at Clarence House.

Hello BeatrixFan,
I read many Charles &Camilla books, but i never found a word how they sleep, in one bedroom or two seperate rooms. So itīs very interesting to read your post.
Could you please tell me your source?:flowers:

BeatrixFan 11-13-2006 11:23 AM

Sure! According to The Times and Brian Hoey (when he was on "This Morning"), when Clarence House was re-decorated after the death of the Queen Mother, rooms were prepared for William and Harry and Charles took a double room which he now shares with Camilla. Hoey was asked on "This Morning" if the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh shared a bedroom. He said they didn't at Buckingham Palace but they did at Windsor, Sandringham and Balmoral. He said that Charles and Camilla share a room at Clarence House.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises