The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Dutch Royals (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Dutch Royal Baptisms, Godparents and Godchildren (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/dutch-royal-baptisms-godparents-and-godchildren-11227.html)

Marengo 04-02-2007 06:23 AM

A drawing of the baptism of Princess Wilhelmina of The Netehrlands (still princess Paulina at the time?)

(free of copyrights)

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...lmina_1880.jpg

The old, curved man should be Prince Frederik, the man with the beard is King Willem III. I believe Queen Emma holds her daughter while she is baptised.

Marengo 08-14-2007 06:24 AM

The baptism of Prince Alexander, son of the future King Willem II and his wife Grand Duchess Anna Pavlovna of Russia:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...doop2ezoon.jpg

Marengo 08-27-2007 07:56 PM

A picture of Nicholas Guillermo, second son of Princess Christina, wearing his baptism gown. The picture was originally posted by Marianne on the Benelux Royals MB.

Empress 08-27-2007 08:26 PM

Okay, they really should have a gown for the little boys that does not make them look like a girl. Sigh, and the Dutch are so practical normally!

Marengo 10-01-2007 08:12 AM

I recently read somewhere that Queen Mary of GB is one of the godparents of Princess Margriet. Does anybody know if this is true? And does anybody know if Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg was a godmother to Princess Marijke/Christina?

lucien 10-01-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 673573)
I recently read somewhere that Queen Mary of GB is one of the godparents of Princess Margriet. Does anybody know if this is true? And does anybody know if Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg was a godmother to Princess Marijke/Christina?

I saw that too,was on one of those blogs I think,but it is not correct.
QM was definately not a godmother to Margriet,her brother Francis of Teck,the then Governor-General of Canada and married to
Princess Alice,full cousin to Queen Wilhelmina,was.Princess Margriet Franciska had the entire merchant fleet as a godparent.

Princess Christina had,ao,Sir Winston Churchill as a godparent,not quite sure of GD C was among them,but think saw a picture
once with her there.

Marengo 10-01-2007 06:13 PM

Well, I read it in an old newsletter from TRF from 2005, so there must be several sources that claim that Queen Mary was a godmother, I didn´t know she had Alge too, but I heard about Martha of Norway, Pres. Roosevelt and the Merchant Fleet before.

Well, of you go to page 1 of this thread you can see two pictures of Charlotte at the baptism of Marijke ;) But it doesn´t necessairily mean she was a godmother of course as this was the time of strong Benelux cooperation.

lucien 10-02-2007 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 673780)
Well, I read it in an old newsletter from TRF from 2005, so there must be several sources that claim that Queen Mary was a godmother, I didn´t know she had Alge too, but I heard about Martha of Norway, Pres. Roosevelt and the Merchant Fleet before.

Well, of you go to page 1 of this thread you can see two pictures of Charlotte at the baptism of Marijke ;) But it doesn´t necessairily mean she was a godmother of course as this was the time of strong Benelux cooperation.

Claim what they like,Mary the klepto wasn't a godparent.;)

JessRulz 10-02-2007 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 527815)
Countess Zaria:
-
-
-
-

Count Claus-Casimir:
- The Prince of Orange
- Prince Maurits
- Ed Spanjaard
- a lady

Countess Leonore:
- Princess Maxima
- Count Charles Ullens de Schooten
- Juliana Guillermo
-

Maybe others can help out with the van Vollenhovens? Anna, Lucas et all?

Zaria's godparents are:
-The Prince of Orange
-Prince Jamie of Bourbon-Parma
-Nicoline Wisse Smit
-Ruben Ameling
-Maria Luz Luano

Claus-Casimir's last godparent is:
-Countess Tatiana Razumovsky

Leonore's last godparent is:
-Marius Brinkhorst

Emma van Vollenhoven's godparents are:
-Prince Bernhard Jr
-Caroline van der Toorn
-Evert-Jan Wamsteker
-Countess Alexandra de Witt

:flowers:
Source: wikipedia pages of the above people

Marengo 10-02-2007 06:04 AM

Thanks for that, I will add them to the list! I assume the wikipedia entry of Zaria has been checked by her parents, so that should be correct ;)

lucien 10-02-2007 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 673887)
Thanks for that, I will add them to the list! I assume the wikipedia entry of Zaria has been checked by her parents, so that should be correct ;)

Mrs.Bonino was a godparent as well for Zaria.:smile:

Marengo 10-05-2007 07:36 PM

I believe Emma Bonino was a godmother of Countess Luana, she even has Emma as one of her names.

Marengo 12-08-2007 07:43 AM

Here you can seee quite a lot of the baptism of Princess Marijke (now Christina) in 1947, Beatrix was already quite the enthausiastic ´waver´ ;). Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg arrived (and left) with Queen Wilhelmina.

Marengo 05-10-2008 05:22 AM

I just read on the BRMB that Queen Beatrix is also a godmother to Sybilla Louise Ambler, daughter of Princess Margaretha of Sweden (sister of the present King).

MissSaga 05-10-2008 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 702414)
Here you can seee quite a lot of the baptism of Princess Marijke (now Christina) in 1947, Beatrix was already quite the enthausiastic ´waver´ ;). Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg arrived (and left) with Queen Wilhelmina.

She changed her name from Marijke to Christina ?

lucien 05-10-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissSaga (Post 764044)
She changed her name from Marijke to Christina ?

Yes,she did so decades ago,late sixties,early seventies.She thought the name Marijke to be too childish/frumpy,
so she switched to another of her names,Christina.

An Ard Ri 03-23-2015 07:29 AM

Christening of Princess Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard at the Grote of Sint-Jacobskerk in the Hague in May,1938.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztPsCAv3isM

Koningin 09-09-2016 06:34 PM

Why on Amalia's baptism Princess Laurentien was carried her ? She wasn't a godmother.
And who was carried Princess Alexia ? I can't find video from this event.
Thank You for answer :)

Lee-Z 09-11-2016 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koningin (Post 1922765)
Why on Amalia's baptism Princess Laurentien was carried her ? She wasn't a godmother.
And who was carried Princess Alexia ? I can't find video from this event.
Thank You for answer :)

Re: Amalia
I don't think it was explained why Laurentien was the carrier, I looked in the baptism thread of Amalia, the question was asked there too, but not answered
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-a-2257-8.html

Re: Alexia
Was also asked and not answered in her baptism thread, all video's and lot's of photo's seem to have been removed from the online resources
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-7864-12.html

Duc_et_Pair 09-11-2016 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koningin (Post 1922765)
Why on Amalia's baptism Princess Laurentien was carried her ? She wasn't a godmother.
And who was carried Princess Alexia ? I can't find video from this event.
Thank You for answer :)

Maybe because Princess Laurentien was not a godmother, she was given the honour to carry her niece Princess Catharina-Amalia into the Great- or St James' Church in The Hague? See this great Picture.

When Princess Alexia was baptized, Laurentien was one of her given names (Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien). I do not remember which lady carried Princess Alexia into the Village Church in Wassenaar. Was it her aunt Princess Mabel? Alexia's younger sister Princess Ariane was carried into the village church in Wassenaar by her aunt Inés Zorreguieta Cerruti. Both baptisms in Wassenaar were far more cosy affairs than the baptism of their eldest sister Princess Catharina-Amalia in The Hague.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises