The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Charles and Camilla: visit to Pakistan, October 2006 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/charles-and-camilla-visit-to-pakistan-october-2006-a-11036.html)

Skydragon 10-05-2006 09:03 AM

Charles and Camilla: visit to Pakistan, October 2006
 
Charles and Camilla to visit Pakistan

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will visit Pakistan on a week-long tour at the end of this month, Clarence House confirmed today.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...tan/article.do

bbb 10-05-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rominet09
I quite agree, jewels are to be seen for our pleasure

true very true:rofl: all royals are for our pleasure

wow good research skydragon thanks for the clarification.
camilla is a trooper, if my husband said we're going on a business trip to pakistan, i'd say sorry honey, i'll make the next one

Jo of Palatine 10-05-2006 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbb
true very true:rofl: all royals are for our pleasure

wow good research skydragon thanks for the clarification.
camilla is a trooper, if my husband said we're going on a business trip to pakistan, i'd say sorry honey, i'll make the next one

Maybe that's why the information is release at such a rather short notice - my, I just told my husband that he had to fly to a conference in Fort Worth all by himself, as I wouldn't want ever to take a United Airlines flight and here is a lady who braves Pakistan together with her husband... She must make him really proud.

milla Ca 10-05-2006 03:55 PM

Charles and Camilla to visit Pakistan
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...390440,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/5410160.stm

I agree that he will be very proud, when she is by his side at this dangerous trip.
And probably shes proud of him too, because hes doing such a good job!

Roslyn 10-05-2006 05:42 PM

I think they are both very brave. There's no way I'd go there.

Prince Charles is ideally, perhaps even uniquely, placed to be able to do some real good in relation to the issue of inter-faith relations. Here's hoping this visit will be successful.

Skydragon 10-06-2006 05:11 AM

Pakistan pledges high security for Charles and Camilla trip

KARACHI (AFP) - Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, will be provided with top-level security when they visit Pakistan later this month, the Pakistani foreign office said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061006...s_061006073244

love_cc 10-06-2006 11:10 PM

High security for royal couple's first visit to Pakistan
By Caroline Davies
(Filed: 06/10/2006)
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are to pay an official week-long visit to Pakistan starting this month despite the high threat from terrorism and sectarian violence there.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...6/nroyal06.xml

Little_star 10-09-2006 12:31 PM

Prince Charles and Camilla's trip to Pakistan
 
In light of the recent announcement I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on the trip.

Prince Charles planning trip to Pakistan


LONDON, Oct. 5 (UPI) -- Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla are planning a weeklong trip to Pakistan this month.


LINK

Little_star 10-09-2006 12:32 PM

It's quite a lengthy trip so I expect they'll be visiting a fair amount of the country.
I'm quite intrigued to see how this works out as Diana was hugely popular in Pakistan so it will be interesting to see what sort of reaction people have to Camilla.

sirhon11234 10-09-2006 01:05 PM

Well its not suprising that there going to Pakistan. Camilla wouldn't want Charles to go to pakistan by himself since it isn't that safe.

Little_star 10-09-2006 03:31 PM

I'd love to know on what basis people are claiming Pakistan isn't safe. I spent nearly 6 weeks there over the summer and suffered from no dangers. Moreover a substantial amount of time was spent travelling between cities. No country is safe and no country can guarantee that your holiday will be hassle-free.

If anything they're going to get absolutely fantastic treatment, because not only is the British Royal Family quite well respected there but Pakistani are incredibly hospitable by nature.

sirhon11234 10-09-2006 03:54 PM

security
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star
I'd love to know on what basis people are claiming Pakistan isn't safe. I spent nearly 6 weeks there over the summer and suffered from no dangers. Moreover a substantial amount of time was spent travelling between cities. No country is safe and no country can guarantee that your holiday will be hassle-free.

If anything they're going to get absolutely fantastic treatment, because not only is the British Royal Family quite well respected there but Pakistani are incredibly hospitable by nature.

When Diana went to Pakistan was there alot of danger or security problems. Because there is alot of fuss over the security of Charles and Camilla going to Pakistan.

Gecko 10-09-2006 06:44 PM

I think they will be just as popular as Diana was. They are wonderful people and as Little-star said, very hospitable! I hope that nothing marr's their visit though, as it would just as sad for the people of Pakistan as it would be for Charles and Camilla.

sara1981 10-09-2006 09:48 PM

im sure mostly people who love Diana so much than Camilla since 1992 and 1997 because Diana was more popular Princess but im not sure about picture frame of Diana at pakistan if they would remove or not

Gecko 10-10-2006 01:06 AM

Do you think that Camilla will not be as popular as Diana in Pakistan, Sara? Perhaps I'm not reading your post correctly and if not, I apologise! :flowers:

Respectfully, I disagree. The people of Pakistan are not as caught up in the celebrity war of Diana versus Camilla, and therefore I feel that they would be just as welcoming to Camilla as they were to Diana. :smile:

love_cc 10-10-2006 03:32 AM

I am looking forward to the trip to Parkistan at the end of this month.:wub: I think Charles and Camilla will be warmly welcomed by people there. It is the first time for both of them to travel there. I just hope that THRs will be well protected during the trip.

Little_star 10-10-2006 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhon11234
When Diana went to Pakistan was there alot of danger or security problems. Because there is alot of fuss over the security of Charles and Camilla going to Pakistan.

Diana's official visit was in 1992 and there were no security risks at all, from what I recall. Moreover she made quite a few unofficial visits as well, usually to Lahore to visit Imran and Jemima Khan.

Skydragon 10-10-2006 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhon11234
When Diana went to Pakistan was there alot of danger or security problems. Because there is alot of fuss over the security of Charles and Camilla going to Pakistan.

Diana first went in September 1991, after she was separated from Charles, it became a legal separation at the end of 1992.

Jemima and Imran were married in 1995, so if she did go on 'unofficial unpublicised' visits it was after this.

The reason everyone is worried about security for Charles, (heir to the throne), and his wife is best shown by this article.
http://www.economist.com/displayStor...ory_id=7141272


Little_star 10-10-2006 01:00 PM

Interesting article, but very one-sided and imo, misses some out major points. As it's OT I'll happily discuss it with you by PM if you want.

Skydragon 10-10-2006 02:58 PM

I posted the article to show why some people are concerned about the safety factor, not to spark an international incident. :flowers:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises