The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Norway (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Paintings, Cartoons and Caricatures of the Royal Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/paintings-cartoons-and-caricatures-of-the-royal-family-10772.html)

Her_Majesty 09-09-2006 01:10 PM

Paintings, Cartoons and Caricatures of the Royal Family
 
Post pictures of Cartoons, Paintings or Caricatures of the Royal Family here.

Quote:

2002-The Norwegian artist Haakon Gullvaag has painted several portraits of Queen Sonja.
http://img7.imagevenue.com/loc531/th..._122_531lo.jpg http://img46.imagevenue.com/loc564/t..._122_564lo.jpg http://img143.imagevenue.com/loc598/..._122_598lo.jpg http://img120.imagevenue.com/loc310/..._122_310lo.jpg http://img34.imagevenue.com/loc491/t..._122_491lo.jpg

source: Polfoto

Her_Majesty 09-09-2006 01:21 PM

Portraits of King Harald

http://img134.imagevenue.com/loc345/..._122_345lo.jpg http://img120.imagevenue.com/loc448/..._122_448lo.jpg
sources: Polfoto,saintolav

Valhalla 09-09-2006 05:19 PM

I must say that the portraits of the Queen it the first post are not very flattering. But I know nothing about art, and I seem to remember reading something about the Queen loving them. They certainly are spesial:)

Her_Majesty 09-10-2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valhalla
I must say that the portraits of the Queen it the first post are not very flattering. But I know nothing about art, and I seem to remember reading something about the Queen loving them. They certainly are spesial:)

I agree with you.
I first thought it was a "monarchy-hater" :lol: or something like this , who painted this portraits.
Well, it must be modern art. :rolleyes:

It’s okay as long as the model likes her portrait;) .

Are there any Portraits of the other Royals?
Mette-Marit, Haakon or Märtha Louise?


Larzen 09-10-2006 09:01 AM

I must say I love the paintings of the Queen, I find them very regal and different (and she is wearing her favourite dress:lol: ) I have seen them up close and really you cannot avoid to look at them, the details does not show well on this small digitall ones. I like it much more than paintings who try to make them look exactly as they do in reall life, like flawless creautures, very boring and often ends up looking kitchy, then you might as well do a photography.

However, the painter first did King Harald and it was major baluba, it even got the front page of the papers (and art reviews dont often make it to the frontpages) The verdict was that he made the King look sick, old and even retarted. It was labelled unworthy, but by the time he made the Queen I guess people gotten used to his style and her paintings were well recieved. they hang in Oslo City Hall.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8...ralduy8.th.jpg VG

Gullvåg has also painted pictures of them that hang in the Norwegian embassy in London, the pictures was taken shortly before the King was diagnosed with cancer
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2...llvgko8.th.jpg
aftenposten
VG

Her_Majesty 09-10-2006 01:19 PM

Se og Hør carricatures
 
In the Danish Version of Se og Hør there was a carricature of the Danish Royals every week.
Is it the same in the Norwegian one:question:

iowabelle 09-10-2006 10:20 PM

I think the portraits of Queen Sonja are very unbecoming, which is unfortunate since she is a lovely lady. They actually remind me a little of the portrait of the naked Duke of Edinburgh with the little plant springing out of his finger. Or the portrait of Diana painted during the last year of her life.

Her_Majesty 09-15-2006 10:14 AM

I found this cartoon of the Norwegian RF on the webpage of Dagbladet.
I don't understand a word. Can someone translate it for me?:rolleyes: Thanks!
http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/dagbladet.bmp

source;Dagbladet

KikkiB 09-26-2006 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
I found this cartoon of the Norwegian RF on the webpage of Dagbladet.
I don't understand a word. Can someone translate it for me?:rolleyes: Thanks!
http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/dagbladet.bmp

source;Dagbladet

Frame one:
Haakon: You don’t understand…I just want to be Johnny from Stovner.
Märtha: I really understand you, little brother. Let me put it this way:
Ari: It’s hard to be a man, brother. I can feel it here, in my heart.

Frame two:
Mette-Marit: If I only understood what’s bothering him!
The Bishop: I got the impression that he worries about that Mette-Marit video.
Mette-Marit: Oh no!
The Bishop: Oh yes! He is afraid that it would be publicised and ruin the reputation of the royal house.

Frame three:
Sonja: YOUR MAJESTY HARALD THE FIFTH OLAVSSON!!!
Harald: What now?
Sonja: Do you seriously think I should be on the balcony waving in this tomorrow?
Harald: What? Stop testing me, Sonja. I’ve got more important to think about.

norwegianne 09-26-2006 08:18 AM

It's part of this parody comic book: Blått Blod/Blue Blood in which Crown Prince Haakon, with the aid of a time machine, gets to meet his alter ego, Johnny from Stovner. It's not a very good book, in my opinion, not as a parody, a comic book or a book about royalty. Se & Hør's caricatures of the royal family have more point to them than this.

Her_Majesty 01-23-2007 09:01 AM

Portrait of Queen Sonja by Mike Roos
http://i42.tinypic.com/2zew381.jpg

Redferns 08-26-2007 12:50 PM

Märtha Louise
http://www.pointdevue.fr/img/upl/Thu..._3082edito.jpg

Her_Majesty 06-25-2009 03:20 PM

Are there any more nice (painted) portraits of Norwegian Royals?
Maybe some of the older ones (King Haakon, Queen Maus etc.).
Painted portraits of Norwegian Royals seem to be quite rare. ;)

Marc23 09-16-2009 09:13 AM

Or maybe Crown Princess Martha?

Enigma 11-28-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 958063)
Are there any more nice (painted) portraits of Norwegian Royals?
Maybe some of the older ones (King Haakon, Queen Maus etc.).
Painted portraits of Norwegian Royals seem to be quite rare. ;)

queen maud:

Flickr Photo Download: Princesses Victoria, Maud and Louise (flickr - ultimate graphics)

queen maud and her son olav v:

Flickr Photo Download: Queen Maud and her son (flickr - ultimate graphics)

king haakon vii and king olav v:

Flickr Photo Download: Storting (flickr - alex sven)

queen maud:

AllPosters.com - The World's Largest Poster and Print Store! (allposters.com)

Marc23 12-06-2009 09:10 PM

Love some of them...are there more?

Esmerelda 11-10-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen (Post 503588)
I must say I love the paintings of the Queen, I find them very regal and different (and she is wearing her favourite dress:lol: ) I have seen them up close and really you cannot avoid to look at them, the details does not show well on this small digitall ones. I like it much more than paintings who try to make them look exactly as they do in reall life, like flawless creautures, very boring and often ends up looking kitchy, then you might as well do a photography.

However, the painter first did King Harald and it was major baluba, it even got the front page of the papers (and art reviews dont often make it to the frontpages) The verdict was that he made the King look sick, old and even retarted. It was labelled unworthy, but by the time he made the Queen I guess people gotten used to his style and her paintings were well recieved. they hang in Oslo City Hall.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8...ralduy8.th.jpg VG

VG

Around 0:44 in this video, the King says 'unfortunately the paintings portray exactly how we look!'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZca1...eature=related


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises