The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Style File (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Royal make-up mistakes (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/royal-make-up-mistakes-10763.html)

HRH Mims 09-08-2006 11:41 AM

Royal make-up mistakes
 
What about make-up "mask" on faces of royal ladies? :lol: Does anybody have some pics of royal mistakes and horrible looking make-ups? :flowers:

RachelD 09-08-2006 02:16 PM

Hi! Well, I think Queen Elizabeth had some close calls....
I guess it was too much face powder or foundation (don't know which), but her face would look really white...

Pictures from Corbis:

http://cache.corbis.com/CorbisImage/...AADS001486.jpg

http://cache.corbis.com/CorbisImage/...AADS001463.jpg

http://cache.corbis.com/CorbisImage/...AADS002689.jpg

http://cache.corbis.com/CorbisImage/...379771-014.jpg

madonna23 09-08-2006 02:54 PM

mims111 - your avator is hilarious!!

HRH Mims 09-08-2006 03:33 PM

Thank you madonna! :smile: it is in forums galery too ;)
Her Majesty just likes very, very white make up, isn't she? :lol:

Her_Majesty 09-08-2006 05:38 PM

Queen Elizabeth II looks like a ghost with this white make-up! :ohmy:

Well, Queen Beatrix had a lot make-up mistakes! Especiall during the 80's!
The Queen with some "blue eyes" :lol: :
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/6...3631001of1.jpg
ANP Historical Archiev

kimebear 09-08-2006 06:09 PM

Princess Kalina of Bulgaria - eee gads!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...006/kalina.jpg

Getty Images and TRF The Most Terrible

*SofiaM* 09-09-2006 07:09 AM

Three words...OH.MY.GOD!! Princess Kalina what were you thinking woman??? That's dreadful!

There is a picture of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Queen Sofia and MT looks orange. I'm pretty sure she went overboard with the fake tan as it definitely did not look natural! I'll try and find the pic to post

HRH Mims 09-09-2006 07:31 AM

When we are talking about Luxemburgian grand duchess....
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1112841259
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1112841233
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3&d=1112841270

*SofiaM* 09-09-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mims111
When we are talking about Luxemburgian grand duchess....

Thanks mims! I won't bother looking for the picture I mentioned now...I guess people could see what I meant about tan overload:lol:

Incas 09-10-2006 01:14 AM

:lol: That was one nasty sun burn.

Sister Morphine 09-10-2006 01:48 AM

Her face looks like leather. That is so unattractive. She should stay out of the sun and apply moisturizer with SPF in it to protect her skin.

mirrjam 09-10-2006 07:45 AM

what about Mathilde on national day... she had the brown foundation, too thick and too brown, and very heavy make-up on lips and eyes. Not my favorite mathilde look!
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8803/06072118ep3.jpg
And this recent one, is''nt so pretty either.. :(
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8867/06090850bi7.jpg

Princess BellyFlop 09-10-2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Queen Elizabeth II looks like a ghost with this white make-up! :ohmy:

Well, Queen Beatrix had a lot make-up mistakes! Especiall during the 80's!
The Queen with some "blue eyes" :lol: :
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/6...3631001of1.jpg
ANP Historical Archiev

That was NOT considered a mistake 25 years ago, believe me. That was a 40something young queen with a current makeup at that time.:smile:

Sister Morphine 09-10-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Queen Elizabeth II looks like a ghost with this white make-up! :ohmy:

Well, Queen Beatrix had a lot make-up mistakes! Especiall during the 80's!
The Queen with some "blue eyes" :lol: :
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/6...3631001of1.jpg
ANP Historical Archiev



Someone should have informed her that you don't wear bright blue eyeshadow UNDER your eyes, too. Also, she has sunken in lids, so it appears she has none.....eye shadow that bright just calls attention to it. BTW, who told her to match the eye shadow with her outfit?

janos614 09-10-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Someone should have informed her that you don't wear bright blue eyeshadow UNDER your eyes, too. Also, she has sunken in lids, so it appears she has none.....eye shadow that bright just calls attention to it. BTW, who told her to match the eye shadow with her outfit?

I knew a girl in college (about 7 years ago) who wore her eye makeup much like Queen Beatrix..does the queen have a makeup artist? I would also wonder about a hairstylist, too, but she's worn her hair the same way for years and years, so I doubt there's need for an actual person on staff.

Incas 09-10-2006 02:44 PM

What freaks me out are her eyebrows: just look at the left side, it was tweezed half way across her eye. EEEH!

wardenbabe13844 09-10-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incas
What freaks me out are her eyebrows: just look at the left side, it was tweezed half way across her eye. EEEH!

They look like they're drawn on!!

magnik 09-10-2006 05:07 PM

Smth similar as Maria Taresa and Mathilde had happen to princess Madeleine on Fred&Mary's wedding.

Princess BellyFlop 09-10-2006 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Someone should have informed her that you don't wear bright blue eyeshadow UNDER your eyes, too. Also, she has sunken in lids, so it appears she has none.....eye shadow that bright just calls attention to it. BTW, who told her to match the eye shadow with her outfit?

In the early 80s you did! The blue under the eye was supposedly to enhance the white of the eye (Diana was often doing it too), all eye shadows were that bright and everyone matched almost all the time their eye shadow and their outfit. Only in the 80s! Sadly but true. Thank God it's gone

Sister Morphine 09-10-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
In the early 80s you did! The blue under the eye was supposedly to enhance the white of the eye (Diana was often doing it too), all eye shadows were that bright and everyone matched almost all the time their eye shadow and their outfit. Only in the 80s! Sadly but true. Thank God it's gone



That may have been the style for some people, but it just doesn't look good on her.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises