The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Denmark (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   Counts Ingolf (b. 1940) and Christian (1942-2013) of Rosenborg and Families (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/counts-ingolf-b-1940-and-christian-1942-2013-of-rosenborg-and-families-10739.html)

norwegianne 09-05-2006 04:38 PM

Counts Ingolf (b. 1940) and Christian (1942-2013) of Rosenborg and Families

One mutual thread for the younger branch of the Rosenborgs

norwegianne 04-30-2008 03:24 PM

I found an old interview from BT with the twin daughters of Count Christian: Camilla and Josephine. kvinder.bt.dk: Vi kan ikke være alene

Some salient points:
* They mention that they have problems being on their own, because they're so used to being two all the time. Their younger sister, Feodora, is much more independent than them.

* They slept in the same bed until they were 16, and were dressed alike by their mother.

* They live 5 km apart, see each other every day, and talk on the phone.

* They're still mistaken for each other by co-workers, or other friends.

The interview was connected to a series about being twins (hence, the content.

elenaris 05-05-2008 09:33 AM

Can you please explain me who they are?
Many thanks!

norwegianne 05-05-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elenaris (Post 762084)
Can you please explain me who they are?
Many thanks!

Count Ingolf is the man who would have been king today if the Danish constitution hadn't been changed in 1953. He's the oldest son of Prince Knud of Denmark, the younger brother of King Frederik IX. He receives money from the Danish state as a compensation of 1,3 million Danish kroner (for the loss of the kingdom :whistling:), and has various patronages: Landsgardeforeningen, Genforenings-og Grænsemuseet, Sydslesvigsk Udvalg, Julemærkemarchen, Scouts in Southern Schleswig, Dansk Piano samling… He owns Egeland farm, close by Vejle.

Count Christian is his younger brother. Feodora, Camilla and Josephine are his daughters.

Both Ingolf and Christian married commoners, and therefore lost their place in the succession to the Danish throne, and the title Prince of Denmark.

Their older sister Princess Elisabeth hasn't married (commoner or otherwise), and thusly is still in line to the Danish throne, as the last person on the list.

HMTLove23 08-21-2008 01:47 PM

countess Feodora, youngest daughter of Count Christian and Her Fiancee are expecting their first child in Febuary 2009.

they plan to wed on September 9 2008

JessRulz 02-22-2009 04:30 AM

Countess Feodora has introduced her baby girl, Caroline-Mathilde (born in early February) to Billed Bladet:
Translated version of http://www.billedbladet.dk/

sgl 02-22-2009 12:59 PM

Lovely family! Congratulations to them! I love the name Caroline-Mathilde.

sgl 09-26-2009 10:05 AM

Count Christian of Rosenborg has been hospitalised:
Noblesse & Royautés

This has been confirmed by the Royal Family. The Count has been suffering from cancer.

maria-olivia 09-26-2009 12:51 PM

I am sad to see him so ill. He was not at Prince Henrik's christening altough his older brother Ingolf and his wife were there, so I wonder at which celebration this picture of Noblesse et Royautés was taken ?

queen dolly 02-17-2010 06:40 AM

today count Ingolf of Rosenborg turns 70. He was born prince of denmark ond would have been king today if the danish constitution wasn't changed in 1953.

JessRulz 03-01-2010 01:27 AM

Pictures and information from Count Ingolf and Count Sussie's joint 70th/60th birthday parties a few weeks ago:
Google Translate

PetraHel 03-01-2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1055745)
Pictures and information from Count Ingolf and Count Sussie's joint 70th/60th birthday parties a few weeks ago:
Google Translate

Doesn´t anybody have the wedding picture of Count Ingolf and Countess Sussie? Have any pictures ever been released?
Thank you very much in advance for any help

Lumutqueen 03-01-2010 04:45 AM

Wonderful pictures of the party. :smile:
Its beautiful they celebrated their birthdays together.

HRHofNothing 03-01-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queen dolly (Post 1052121)
today count Ingolf of Rosenborg turns 70. He was born prince of denmark ond would have been king today if the danish constitution wasn't changed in 1953.

If the constitution had not been changed, who would have been the heir to the Danish throne today since (hypothetical) His Majesty King Ingolf has no children with Her Majesty Queen Susie or his late Queen.

michelleq 03-01-2010 11:33 AM

I do not know; I believe that I read somewhere that one of the reasons that Count Ingolf was bypassed was due to his inability to have children. There were others, not to pleasant to mention. I believe that Ingolf, Elisabeth and Christians parents were first cousins.

Please correct me if I am wrong and elaborate if my memory serves me correctly. I can't recall exactly where I read it; probably on this board.

UserDane 03-01-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHofNothing (Post 1055836)
If the constitution had not been changed, who would have been the heir to the Danish throne today since (hypothetical) His Majesty King Ingolf has no children with Her Majesty Queen Susie or his late Queen.

The only direct descendants from that family would then be the twin girls Camilla and Josephine and their younger sister Fedora - children of prince Ingolf's younger brother Christian. So they wouldn't have 'avoided' female succession even if they hadn't changed the constitution ;)

You can see pictures of them here Billed-Bladet - Billeder: De tre komtesser af Rosenborg

PetraHel 03-02-2010 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane (Post 1055869)
The only direct descendants from that family would then be the twin girls Camilla and Josephine and their younger sister Fedora - children of prince Ingolf's younger brother Christian. So they wouldn't have 'avoided' female succession even if they hadn't changed the constitution ;)

You can see pictures of them here Billed-Bladet - Billeder: De tre komtesser af Rosenborg

The Rosenborg girls (especially the twins) has a special taste in clothes and in the christening picture they look quite funny, to put it mildly...;)

Viv 03-04-2010 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetraHel (Post 1055751)
Doesn´t anybody have the wedding picture of Count Ingolf and Countess Sussie? Have any pictures ever been released?
Thank you very much in advance for any help

There must be some wedding photos, but I don't remember seeing any in the public domain. They married at a civil ceremony and it was all very discreet!

Viv

alira 03-31-2012 05:48 PM

Does anyone know what kind of relationship does Queen Margrethe have with Ingolf and Christian?
And does anybody know the reaction of Knud when Frederitck decided to change the law of succession?

FasterB 03-31-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alira (Post 1395214)
Does anyone know what kind of relationship does Queen Margrethe have with Ingolf and Christian?
And does anybody know the reaction of Knud when Frederitck decided to change the law of succession?

The first half I can´t answer, but the second one (which I highlighted) I can answer:
Just to make clear it was not King Frederik IX, who decided to change the law of succesion. It was the government and the people.
I´m sure Muhler can tell more :flowers:

alira 03-31-2012 06:57 PM

Yes, I know that this was the result of a plebiscite or something like that, but I think it comes from the King. Thank you:)
It is very interesting to know what was thes attitude of Knud to this fact

Viv 03-31-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know what kind of relationship does Queen Margrethe have with Ingolf and Christian??

From what we see in magazines and on TV: The brothers are normally invited along to family events like the 'big' birthdays and anniversaries. Christian more often so than Ingolf, because he lives in the Copenhagen area! I don't think it's a particularly close relationship, but a relationship it is!

Quote:

King Frederik never decided to change the law of succession; the Danish parliament did;)! Anyway, Knud didn't take it well at all and the relationship between Knud and King Frederik deteriorated! Each of Knud's three children have told this publicly, but they insist in being very civil about it and letting bygoing be bygones.

viv

alira 03-31-2012 07:51 PM

Viv,Thank you for your answer.
Q: People voted for change in the law. Does a king? Why did it started a poll?
Q2: Why do not people support the Knud? What did he do wrong?

And more
I read on the forum that he was stupid, and so people did not want to see him as a king. Is it like this :: (

Archduchess Zelia 03-31-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alira (Post 1395256)
Q: People voted for change in the law. Does a king? Why did it started a poll?

The change of the law of succession became a issue when King Frederik didn't have any sons and he needed a successor, I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alira (Post 1395256)
Q2: Why do not people support the Knud? What did he do wrong?

I can't say if people didn't like Knud and his family, but I have no reason to believe they disliked the family in any way. I guess it just seemed more right to let Margrethe, the eldest daughter of the regent, follow in her father's footsteps.

alira 03-31-2012 08:21 PM

Archduchess Zelia,but why is Margrethe?
You write that the law was not changed by the will of the king, but by the will of the people. But why Knud? Why did this no one thought?
Why law has not changed before?
I did feel very sorry about him, I think it's terrible to grow and know that you will become king, and then lose it all: (

Archduchess Zelia 03-31-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alira (Post 1395263)
Archduchess Zelia,but why is Margrethe?
You write that the law was not changed by the will of the king, but by the will of the people. But why Knud? Why did this no one thought?
Why law has not changed before?
I did feel very sorry about him, I think it's terrible to grow and know that you will become king, and then lose it all: (

Because Margrethe was the King's daughter and Knud was "just" his brother. I believe some people voted no to Margrethe, but overall most people wanted her to be her father's successor.

I don't think Knud grew up to think he was to become King, I believe everyone thought that King Frederik and Queen Ingrid would have a son, but since they didn't it was chosen by the Danes that Margrethe should be the heir.

Grandduchess24 03-31-2012 10:06 PM

The counts are sons of hereditary prince knud so are they and their families still able to attend royal events.

NGalitzine 03-31-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 (Post 1395282)
The counts are sons of hereditary prince knud so are they and their families still able to attend royal events.

Yes, and they have been guests at the royal weddings of Joachim & Frederik, and the QMII's birthday and jubilee celebrations.

Muhler 04-01-2012 02:41 AM

The answers to your questions Alira are pretty complicated and also shrowded somewhat in hearsay.

It became clear by the late 1940's that King Frederik and Queen Ingrid would not have more children. Queen Ingrid was actually warned against having more children IRRC.
By the same time the political landscape has shifted. The Communists had won a huge victory after WWII, partly as a reaction to the stablished parties policy of collaboration with German until 1943.
The future of the monarchy was by no means secure, even if the royals themselves were personally well liked.
It wasn't just King Christian X riding through the streets of Copenhagen, who became a strong national symbol - also among those who vote Communist. Also the then CP couple, Frederik and Ingrid, with their little family became strong symbols during WWII. Margrethe who was born a few days after the German occupation wasn't for anything described as "a light in the dark".
In other words many were against the monarchy as an establishment, but there were nevertheless many feelings for the individuals in the DRF.
Queen Ingrid and King Frederik was a likable, nice family. That is one of the reasons why M&F are so much compared to them.

But according to the Law of Succession, Princess Margrethe was to be bypassed by Prince Knud's children.
Prince Knud was for whatever reason not particular popular and at least among those I have spoken with, who were around at the time, he and his children were not considered very bright. I don't know if that is true, but that was certainly the perception.
And perhaps even more convincing, they are not the most beautiful people around either.

So the arguments were:
A) Should such persons represent Denmark as the first family, when we have a better alternative?
B) It's unfair against Princess Margrethe and her family.
C) Why shouldn't women have equal rights to a position?
D) It's time for a change of the Constitution anyway, let's link it to something popular and something that will get people to go and vote.

That caused Prince Knud to be very dissapointed, very understandebly perhaps and it let to a lot of resentment towards King Frederik.
That seems to have passed now. Prince Knud's children are not close to the DRF but they are not alien either.
Joachim and Prince Ingolf for example have en excellent relationship.

UserDane 04-01-2012 04:04 AM

I heard from elder family members that it was generally believed at the time that queen Ingrid advocated the change in the succession intensely and that there was some resentment on Knud's part against her for this - that this was the impression people had.

Funny thing is - if Knud and his children had entered the succession: Ingolf has had no children, his older sister has never married and had children. The only children in that family are the three girls of the youngest brother Christian - twin girls and a younger sister.

So, if the purpose of any pro Knud camp was to avoid female succession they would only have postponed the 'inevitable' for one generation.

Stefan 04-01-2012 04:57 AM

Here is an interesting article about the Change of the succession law and the realtions between the 2 famlies by historican Trond Norén Isaksen
Trond Norén Isaksen: The man who would be king

UserDane 04-01-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1395356)
Here is an interesting article about the Change of the succession law and the realtions between the 2 famlies by historican Trond Norén Isaksen
Trond Norén Isaksen: The man who would be king

Interesting, thank you Stefan.
I didn't know that Ingolf had played such an active part in reconciling the two branches of the family.

I suppose one shouldn't judge prince Knud's reaction to the change of succession by today's norms - but still, it is strange to our modern concept of things that he should feel this bitter because the regent's own child was given the opportunity to succeed the king.

Muhler 04-01-2012 05:19 AM

Thanks, Stefan :smile:
An interesting article.

It's also a testament on how times have changed, from a time where becoming a king was an ambition, to our time where becoming a king is a duty.

Artemisia 04-01-2012 07:11 AM

I've been wondering about this change as well, and especially Prince Knud's reaction to it.
Thanks a lot for the most detailed and interesting answers Viv, Zelia, Muhler, UserDane, and Stefan! :smile:

alira 04-01-2012 09:32 AM

Muhler,UserDane,Stefan,thank you for such interesting information!
Despite the fact that I believe that Margrethe is great queen, I feel very sorry about Knud and his unfulfilled dream.
And it's very good that Ingolf could reconcile with his family .

The brothers are involved in public life? Do they have a public office or smth. like that?

maria-olivia 04-01-2012 03:09 PM

Very interesting thread and informations.
Is it true that their sister Princess Elisabeth never marries because she did not want to loose her title of royal Highness ?

Muhler 04-01-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1395521)
Is it true that their sister Princess Elisabeth never marries because she did not want to loose her title of royal Highness ?

It's my impression that Princess Elizabeth is not the marrying kind.

Alira. I think FasterB can answer your questions. :smile:

UserDane 04-01-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

It has been mentioned in the media during the years - but whether it's correct, I don't know.
In this article from the tabloid BT - BT - it is said that the princess honestly admits that she loves the big royal parties and getting invited to them in her capacity as a princess and that this should be part of the reason why she hasn't married.

She hasn't lived her life as a single all the time though. She lived together with photographer and director Claus Hermansen for more than 20 years till he died in the late 90's.

FasterB 04-01-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

HRH Princess Elisabeth has herself stated in an interview in Billed Bladet that she never got married to her lifelonglove Claus, because she didn´t want to give up the HRH Princess title :flowers:

IIRC then her wording was: "Dén skulle de ikke have" (Muhler, I don´t know how to translate this, can you help? :flowers:)

Muhler 04-01-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FasterB (Post 1395568)
HRH Princess Elisabeth has herself stated in an interview in Billed Bladet that she never got married to her lifelonglove Claus, because she didn´t want to give up the HRH Princess title :flowers:

IIRC then her wording was: "Dén skulle de ikke have" (Muhler, I don´t know how to translate this, can you help? :flowers:)

Sure. :smile:
It can best be translated as: "They weren't going to take that (her title) away from me".

Viv 04-04-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane (Post 1395345)
I heard from elder family members that it was generally believed at the time that queen Ingrid advocated the change in the succession intensely and that there was some resentment on Knud's part against her for this - that this was the impression people had..

That's when Prince Knud dubbed her 'King Ingrid* :biggrin:! Well, the perception that Ingrid meddled resurfaced in a certain booked called '1015 K', issued some years ago - maybe some of you remember the author's involvement and the bashing on TRF?? Anyway, for what it's worth: The chapter on the the events leading up to the change of the succession was the only sector with a some documentation! IMO thse rumours will not go away as long as there still is someone - i.e. Knud's children! - to remind us of them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane (Post 1395345)
Funny thing is - if Knud and his children had entered the succession: Ingolf has had no children, his older sister has never married and had children. The only children in that family are the three girls of the youngest brother Christian - twin girls and a younger sister..

Userdane, IMO this is one of the difficult 'what ifs'! Suppose the succession had not been changed: Prince Ingolf would probably not have married Inge Terney, but someone of royal descent and maybe Princess Elisabeth's stakes on the marriage market would have risen!
By the way I met her and Claus Hermansen at a reception many years ago, they were quite nice! He was almost a spitting image of her father!

viv

maria-olivia 04-04-2012 07:16 AM

Very interesting informations about Prince Knud ’s Children.
Princess Elisabeth was a high level working Princess. Did her 2 brothers and spouses work? Thanks for answer. MO

Madame Royale 04-04-2012 07:34 AM

All I can say is, thank god they changed the succession!

I will say though, that Princess Elisabeth seems like a relatively nice lady and I find it quite sweet that she enjoys her position as a Princess of Denmark. It's important to her and I find that endearing.

UserDane 04-04-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viv (Post 1396348)
Userdane, IMO this is one of the difficult 'what ifs'! Suppose the succession had not been changed: Prince Ingolf would probably not have married Inge Terney, but someone of royal descent and maybe Princess Elisabeth's stakes on the marriage market would have risen!
By the way I met her and Claus Hermansen at a reception many years ago, they were quite nice! He was almost a spitting image of her father!

viv

Indeed, that is a what if. But if it is Ingolf who has not been able to have children, the outcome would be the same I suppose.

True, Claus Hermansen did have a strong resemblance to Prince Knud :smile: I have only met princesse Elisabeth once - when I almost ran her down with my shopping cart in a children's toy store some years ago! She was so gracious about that I instantly liked her!

Viv 04-04-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1396383)
Very interesting informations about Prince Knud ’s Children.
Princess Elisabeth was a high level working Princess. Did her 2 brothers and spouses work? Thanks for answer. MO

Ingolf is a farmer and bought an estate 'Egeland' ("Oakland") on the Jutland peninsula near the city of Kolding. He also receives an annual amount from the state as a compensation for the implications of the change of the line of succession. He also has a handful of patronages.

Christian is a naval officer, but now retired. He was mostly based in shore establishments.

Inge Terney was the farmer's wife. She died from cancer in 1996. Two years later Ingolf married Sussie Hjorhoy, a lawyer and still working as such. Anne-Dorthe, the wife of count Christian was always a housewife , as far as I know.
viv

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Royale (Post 1396386)
All I can say is, thank god they changed the succession!

Yes, it was no doubt a change for the better! And yet - the way Prince and his family were demoted was unpleasant IMO- as demotions usually are;)! - Had the looks not been against Ingolf and had he appeared a bit brighter, well - the question is whether any change would have been instigated! Unfortunately Knud's children are results of too much inbreeding! On the plus side I seriously doubt that they are as slow as some has made them out to be.

viv

Nudge 03-09-2014 03:11 AM

Question about the Counts of Rosenborg. I notice that some earlier Countesses who had married Danish princes were styled Her Highness, current ones are not. In particular this seems to be three of Prince Valdemar's daughters-in-law:
  • Prince Aage's wife, Matilda Calvi
  • Prince Eric's wife, Lois Booth
  • Prince Viggo's wife, Eleanor Green

Why are they styled HH, and later countesses not? When did this change?

P.S. I see wikipedia lists 30 living count & countesses; how do they all fit in that tiny castle? ;)

Further to this question, why did the wife of HH Prince George Valdemar become Princess Anne of Denmark, but the wife of his brother HH Prince Flemming Valdemar merely became Countess Ruth of Rosenborg?

maria-olivia 03-09-2014 07:42 AM

What about Count Christian who married Princess Benedicte Lady-in-waiting.
I think they are divorced but have children.
Which tiara do they have ?

Stefan 03-09-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nudge (Post 1647122)
Further to this question, why did the wife of HH Prince George Valdemar become Princess Anne of Denmark, but the wife of his brother HH Prince Flemming Valdemar merely became Countess Ruth of Rosenborg?

Because Prince Geroge got the Consent from the King for his marriage. Anne was a born Bowes-Lyon and therefore noble. have also read that King George VI. helped him to get permisson to marry her and keep his rights and Anne was a niece of the Queenmother. Flemming however married a commoner and lost his titles and succession rigths with the marriage.

HereditaryPrincess 03-09-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nudge (Post 1647115)
Question about the Counts of Rosenborg. I notice that some earlier Countesses who had married Danish princes were styled Her Highness, current ones are not. In particular this seems to be three of Prince Valdemar's daughters-in-law:
  • Prince Aage's wife, Matilda Calvi
  • Prince Eric's wife, Lois Booth
  • Prince Viggo's wife, Eleanor Booth

Why are they styled HH, and later countesses not? When did this change?

P.S. I see wikipedia lists 30 living count & countesses; how do they all fit in that tiny castle? ;)

Are Lois and Eleanor related?

Here are the names of the thirty Counts and Countess of Rosenborg that Wikipedia mentions:

- Count Ingolf of Rosenborg, a first cousin to Queen Margrethe.
- Countess Sussie of Rosenborg, Count Ingolf's wife and therefore a cousin-in-law of Queen Margrethe.
Countess Anne-Dorthe of Rosenborg, first cousin-in-law of Queen Margrethe. Now deceased.
- Countess Camilla of Rosenborg, Countess Anne-Dorthe's daughter.
- Countess Josephine of Rosenborg, Countess Anne-Dorthe's second daughter.
- Countess Feodora of Rosenborg, Countess Anne-Dorthe's third daughter.
- Count Ulrik of Rosenborg, a second cousin to Queen Margrethe.
- Countess Judi of Rosenborg, Count Ulrik's wife and therefore a second cousin-in-law to Queen Margrethe.
- Count Philip of Rosenborg, Count Ulrik's son.
- Countess Katharina of Rosenborg, a second cousin of Queen Margrethe.
- Countess Charlotte of Rosenborg, a second cousin of Queen Margrethe.
- Count Axel of Rosenborg, Count Flemming's son.
- Countess Jutta of Rosenborg, Count Axel's wife.
- Count Carl Johan of Rosenborg, Count Axel's son.
- Count Alexander of Rosenborg, Count Axel's second son.
- Countess Julie of Rosenborg, Count Axel's daughter.
- Countess Désirée of Rosenborg, Count Axel's second daughter.
- Count Birger of Rosenborg, Count Flemming's second son.
- Countess Lynne of Rosenborg, Count Birger's wife.
- Countess Benedikte of Rosenborg, Count Birger's daughter.
- Count Carl Johan of Rosenborg, Count Flemming's third son.
- Countess Lisa of Rosenborg, Count Carl Johan's wife.
- Countess Caroline of Rosenborg, Count Carl Johan's daughter.
- Countess Josefine of Rosenborg, Count Carl Johan's second daughter.
- Countess Désirée of Rosenborg, Count Flemming's daughter.
- Countess Karin of Rosenborg, widow of Count Christian.
- Count Valdemar of Rosenborg, Count Christian's son.
- Count Nicolai of Rosenborg, Count Valdemar's son.
- Countess Marie of Rosenborg, Count Valdemar's daughter.
- Countess Marina of Rosenborg, Count Valdemar's other daughter.

Does anyone know how often Queen Margrethe sees the Rosenborgs?

Nordic 03-09-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1647206)

Here are the names of the thirty Counts and Countess of Rosenborg that Wikipedia mentions:

- Count Valdemar of Rosenborg, Count Christian's son.
- Count Nicolai of Rosenborg, Count Valdemar's son.
- Countess Marie of Rosenborg, Count Valdemar's daughter.
- Countess Marina of Rosenborg, Count Valdemar's other daughter.

Does anyone know how often Queen Margrethe sees the Rosenborgs?

Valdemar and Marina are siblings, aren't they?
Their father was Count Christian (Or did he use Count Valdemar?). They were children from his first marriage.

I don't know how often the Queen sees the Rosenborgs, but Valdemar and Marina af Rosenborg have been on the guest list of several private things at F&M's: Mary's 40th birthday, Frederik's also, christening of the twins etc.

Nudge 03-10-2014 01:43 AM

Quote:

No I just goofed. Eleanor GREEN, not Booth. sorry.

crown 03-10-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nudge (Post 1647115)

I am sure most of you know this but I feel compelled to clearify that no one lives at Rosenborg. These days it serves as a museum. No counts and countesses of R have ever lived there. As I am sure you know the title was created for royals who by marrying without the consent of the King/Queen and the state council loose their royal privileges. Their title simply take it's name from the castle.

Rosenborg would indeed be very crowded if all the counts and countesses of R were living there:smile:

Muhler 06-03-2014 09:21 AM

After the death of Count Christian and Countess Anne Dorte, it's time to vacate Sorgenfri Manor and distribute the inheritance, before Princess Elisabeth moves in.
In fact quite alot of the interiour, furnitures and what not will be auctioned off.

Of more interest to us are these scans of the interior of Sorgenfri Manor, complete with an assessment of the value of the depicted items:

https://app.box.com/s/r48mrqqqzdamfabb1wcj
https://app.box.com/s/2or8p21i2if5inkyf1c9
https://app.box.com/s/imhhg4yhr0qh36qyjbwu
https://app.box.com/s/l1eqqsohpvfbhv3dr5yn

CyrilVladisla 07-12-2014 10:54 PM

Did Count Ingolf and his first wife Inge have a church wedding?

maria-olivia 07-13-2014 06:45 AM

Huge and royal furniture at Sorgenfri Manor , I really hopr Prince Christian's daughters will not sell it.

iceflower 12-02-2014 02:08 AM

Camilla and Josephine of Rosenborg presented gifts to children suffering from cancer at "Families with children with cancer", the annual Christmas event, at the Circus Arena in Slagelse on November 30:

** ppe gallery **

maria-olivia 04-20-2015 08:50 AM

Could someone translate Camilla Rosenborg's interview ??

JR76 04-20-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1671651)
After the death of Count Christian and Countess Anne Dorte, it's time to vacate Sorgenfri Manor and distribute the inheritance, before Princess Elisabeth moves in.
In fact quite alot of the interiour, furnitures and what not will be auctioned off.

Of more interest to us are these scans of the interior of Sorgenfri Manor, complete with an assessment of the value of the depicted items:

https://app.box.com/s/r48mrqqqzdamfabb1wcj
https://app.box.com/s/2or8p21i2if5inkyf1c9
https://app.box.com/s/imhhg4yhr0qh36qyjbwu
https://app.box.com/s/l1eqqsohpvfbhv3dr5yn

Has the auction taken place?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

FasterB 04-20-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1647206)

Countess Anne-Dorthe of Rosenborg, first cousin-in-law of Queen Margrethe. Now deceased.
- Countess Camilla of Rosenborg, Countess Anne-Dorthe's daughter.
- Countess Josephine of Rosenborg, Countess Anne-Dorthe's second daughter.
- Countess Feodora of Rosenborg, Countess Anne-Dorthe's third daughter.

And to clearify: None of the daughters of Count Christian and Countess Anne-Dorthe are countesses.
Camilla, Josephine and Feodora all married a commoner with no titles and so the countesses lost their titles.

JR76 04-20-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FasterB (Post 1769918)
And to clearify: None of the daughters of Count Christian and Countess Anne-Dorthe are countesses.
Camilla, Josephine and Feodora all married a commoner with no titles and so the countesses lost their titles.

Afaik a Swedish noblewoman looses her title when marrying a commoner but can start using it again if divorced. Is that also the case in Denmark? Is the daughter of a count a countess in her own right or is komtesse an official title?

FasterB 04-21-2015 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR76 (Post 1769932)
Afaik a Swedish noblewoman looses her title when marrying a commoner but can start using it again if divorced. Is that also the case in Denmark? Is the daughter of a count a countess in her own right or is komtesse an official title?

A count´s daughter is not a countess in her own rights. She will loose her title when marrying a commoner. I haven´t heard that she can start using it again if divorced. It must be like "once a Mrs., never Miss again".

Komtesse is an official title in Denmark. The Regent Couple´s girlgrandchildren are all "Komtesse af Monpezat" and for the boys it´s "Greve (Count) af Monpezat".

maria-olivia 04-21-2015 06:34 AM

In her Interview Camilla spoke about her life , her parents and the royal family.

Could Mr Muhler or Mrs Roskilde or somebody else looking for this interview and tell us what it is about. Grateful thanks.

I thougt that one of the girls should be invited in name of the late Count Christian and would wear her mother's sapphire tiara.

FasterB 04-21-2015 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1770073)
In her Interview Camilla spoke about her life , her parents and the royal family.

Could Mr Muhler or Mrs Roskilde or somebody else looking for this interview and tell us what it is about. Grateful thanks.

Do you have a link to the interview? I can give it a look today :)

Tilia C. 04-21-2015 07:23 AM

I think that maria-olivia might be talking about this interview: Camilla af Rosenborg: "Vi har været ved at gå fra hinanden mange gange" - Alt for damerne
It seems to be quite a lot about how she met her husband, the 20 age difference and also about the loss of her parents.

maria-olivia 04-21-2015 07:43 AM

yes , that's it Tilla C.

FasterB 04-21-2015 10:52 AM

The interview is a lot about the age difference and that it does matter. Their marriage has it´s ups and downs and Camilla don´t believes the pretty images that people creates on Facebook. Sometimes Mikael lives in the other end of their 500 kvm. big house, but they always eat together, since it´s Camilla who do the cooking.

Then she moves on to talk about the loss of her parents and the failure from near friends between the two fatalities. But she excuses them with that perhaps it´s people´s own fear of death that withhold them from contacting her right after her parent´s deaths.
She then tells about how the three of them (her twinsister and their little sister) emptied Sorgenfri Castle. They laughed, they cried, they shared childhood memories and theey managed to finish July 31th 2014, where Camilla handed over the keys (to the court, I guess...?) and that she cried when she did it. But then she felt calm and started going out and see friends again. She hadn´t had the surplus to do it before. She used all of her energy to survive and on her new business.

At the end of the interview she reflects over how the deaths of her parents have changed her. She concludes that now she don´t have to prove anything more, now she´s the oldest and if her and Mikael someday divorce it will be due to the age difference.

maria-olivia 04-21-2015 11:26 AM

Thanks a lot FasterB;
I think the Queen allowed Princess Elisabeth to live at Sorgenfri.

FasterB 04-21-2015 11:32 AM

You´re welcome, maria-olivia :)

Yes, Pss Elisabeth will move (has moved?) in at Sorgenfri Castle :)

principessa 03-30-2016 05:16 AM

Billedbladet is reporting that Countess Josephine of Rosenborg and her partner, Kenneth Schmidt, are expecting their first child (her third) together:

Josephine af Rosenborg er gravid | BILLED-BLADET

The baby is expected in August.

Muhler 05-21-2016 04:41 AM

Se billedet: Grev Ingolf besøgte generalforsamling i Dansk Folkeparti

This is interesting.

On 31st March the local chapter of the party Danish People's Party held a general assembly in the town of Kolding.
As a nationalist party the Danish People's Party compete with the Conservatives about upholding and guarding nationalist symbols. That means supporting the local division of the Denmark Society, which was formed in 1908 and aim at upholding national and cultural traditions and symbols. They were to have a new colour and since that event was hosted by the Danish People's Party their local chairman asked Count Ingolf and asked if he would inaugurate the colour and he accepted. Countess Sussie was naturally also invited.
Perhaps not surprisingly because it's usually Count Ingolf and Countess Sussie who inaugurate colours for the society. And the society is very strong in Southern Jutland, the area south of Kolding being part of Germany for some 60 years after the Second Schleswigan War.

Gunnar Nielsen the local chairman explains: "I send them a nice letter right after New year and asked politely whether they would attend. And I was actually taken aback that they said yes. But they are very active in the local life".
Count Ingolf lives in south-eastern Jutland.

Q: What did you write?
GN: "It was I believe something about Your Excellencies, but apart from that they are very down to earth and very nice".

That even extended members of the DRF go anywhere near a political meeting is very rare and as such Count Ingolf's presence must be considered something of a coup!

Gunnar Nielsen is indeed anything but sad: "I have never heard about them attending at other parties before either. But they were here about half an hour. We sang a song and then the event started. Count Ingolf struck in the first nail of the colour, the local chairman of the Danmark Society the next nail and as chairman (for the hosting party) and celebrating my 19th anniversary was allowed to strike in the third nail. Then Count Ingolf gave the speech. There are after all very particular rituals that must be adhered to".

Q: How about Countess Sussie?
GN: "She was I believe driver. We received her nicely and had bought flowers for her. But she seemed more to tag along".

After the ceremony was over, Count InGolf and Countess Sussie left and then the general assembly of the Danish People's Party formally started.

BT has asked a Sebastian Olden-Jørgensen from Copenhagen University: "It's balancing act, but Count Ingolf is parked so far out in the system with title as count that he has more freedom to maneuver. Had it been Prince Joachim, then he would have had to watch out. But we are out at a local level and then a participation in such an event is also a signal that it is so far away that you do as you like".

Count Ingolf has in his usual informal way declined to comment.

- Well, this will of course be noticed, even if it doesn't involve the core members of the DRF and even if Count Ingolf was not present at the party-event.
However, Danish People's Party is very strong in that part of the country and does not have the stigma there than in the inner cities of Copenhagen and Aarhus and indeed the distance from the inner cities of Copenhagen and Aarhus to many parts of the country, not least Southern Jutland is very, very long! And increasing.
The Danish People's Party is now the second largest party in DK, with some 20 % of the voters and even though it is often labelled as a far right party, they are really right-wing social democrats with a nationalist and xenophobic streak.
The Conservative, who can trace their origins to the first political parties at the first democratic constitution of 1849, is now on the brink of being voted out of the Parliament and they may not survive the next general election.

eya 08-05-2016 04:57 PM

Camilla of Rosenborg and her husband of almost 25 years Mikael Rosanes are going to divorce according to Billed-Bladet.

Camilla af Rosenborg skal skilles | BILLED-BLADET

eya 04-09-2018 03:34 AM

Camilla of Rosenborg got engaged yesterday to Ivan Ottesen

PPE Agency

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...levet-forlovet

Biri 04-09-2018 06:37 AM

Congratulations to Camilla and Ivan!

iceflower 05-30-2018 04:05 PM

Camilla of Rosenborg proudly announced that her sons passed their exams at The Royal Theater's Ballet School:

** BB: Camilla af Rosenborg jublende glad: Sønnerne har bestået eksamen ** translation **

iceflower 08-13-2018 04:04 PM

Camilla of Rosenborg and Ivan Ottesen will mary on August 25 and revealed how they met each other:

** BB: Camilla af Rosenborg inden bryllup: Sådan fandt jeg kærligheden ** translation **

eya 08-25-2018 02:12 PM

:previous:

Pictures from their wedding today

https://www.seoghoer.dk/sites/seogho...e/_j5r5565.jpg
https://www.seoghoer.dk/sites/seogho...c/_j5r5645.jpg
https://www.seoghoer.dk/sites/seogho...c/_j5r5610.jpg

Articles

https://www.seoghoer.dk/nyheder/kong...er-blevet-gift

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kendte/d...faaet-sin-ivan

maria-olivia 08-25-2018 02:17 PM

In Denmark for a second wedding , it is white again ?.
Rosenborg tiara, well done !

Elektra 08-25-2018 03:53 PM

Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg also wore white and a veil for her second wedding to Martin Jorgensen.

Congratulations to the newlyweds :flowers:

JR76 08-25-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 2144624)
In Denmark for a second wedding , it is white again ?.
Rosenborg tiara, well done !

It's believed by some of the royal jewel aficionados that the tiara is made up of parts from the Ear of wheat tiara that belonged to Queen Désirée of Sweden and Norway (1777-1860) and was left to her granddaughter Queen Louise of Denmark.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1OWJcBhnlM...789%5B1%5D.jpg

Biri 08-25-2018 04:59 PM

Congratulations to Camilla and Ivan!

https://www.seoghoer.dk/sites/seogho...c/_j5r5645.jpg

Anyone knows who is who on this photo?

iceflower 08-26-2018 11:10 AM

Here are some more photos of the wedding:

** ppe gallery **

eya 08-26-2018 01:01 PM

And an article about the wedding from DM.

Queen Margrethe of Denmark's second cousin Countess Camilla of Rosenborg marries Ivan Ottesen | Daily Mail Online

Biri 08-26-2018 01:14 PM

Camilla & Josephine are non-identical twins, aren't they?

iceflower 08-27-2018 06:54 AM

:previous:

They are twins, yes. On several photos I've seen they look pretty similar. I don't know whether it is known whether they are identical or fraternal twins, but I know that even identical twins can differ, for example due to a varying position and a varying supply in the maternal body..

HereditaryPrincess 08-27-2018 03:06 PM

Congratulations to the couple - Countess Camilla's dress is very beautiful.
I don't follow the Rosenborg side of the DRF much so I didn't realise that Camilla's oldest children were already adults.

Were any other members of the DRF present?

iceflower 11-14-2018 06:08 AM

When attending a film premiere with her son Julius yesterday, Josephine of Rosenborg told the press that she had to quit her job for her own sake - it had been too stressful for her:

** BB: Josephine af Rosenborg har sagt jobbet op: Ramt af stress ** translation **

Muhler 11-30-2018 11:15 AM

The sapphire tiara owned by the Rosenborgs has been sold at a Bruun & Rasmussen action today.

https://jyllands-posten.dk/kultur/EC...lioner-kroner/

The tiara which has caused considerable interest, was sold in a few minutes for two million DKK.
The buyer is as yet unknown.
It has been speculated that a Russian buyer might buy the tiara.

The value of the stones has been estimated at around 1.3 million DKK.

The other items will be put up for auction in about two weeks.

To convert use this rough guide.
6 DKK = 1$.
8 DKK = £.
7.5 DKK = 1 €.

Please feel free to repost or use this at other relevant threads or sites.

maria-olivia 11-30-2018 01:36 PM

I paid 1,00 DKK to follow the Auction on live.
It was Mr jespers Bruun Rasmussen himseif who was "the commissaire priseur" for the royal items. I thought they would have more then 2.000.000 DKK.
Such a lot great Russian items , a lot unsold because their estimation price was to important. How do the Danes have such a lot of russian items from before 1915.
Too me they belonged to Queen Alexandrine too.
Grand Duchess Anastasie Ester Egg was sold 30.000DK

Muhler 11-30-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 2176243)
I paid 1,00 DKK to follow the Auction on live.
It was Mr jespers Bruun Rasmussen himseif who was "the commissaire priseur" for the royal items. I thought they would have more then 2.000.000 DKK.
Such a lot great Russian items , a lot unsold because their estimation price was to important. How do the Danes have such a lot of russian items from before 1915.
Too me they belonged to Queen Alexandrine too.
Grand Duchess Anastasie Ester Egg was sold 30.000DK

From Tsarina Dagmar marrying into the Russian Imperial Family, and after the Revolution she must have brought quite a few items with her when she lived here in DK.

JR76 12-01-2018 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 2176366)
From Tsarina Dagmar marrying into the Russian Imperial Family, and after the Revolution she must have brought quite a few items with her when she lived here in DK.

Also don't forget that Queen Alexandrine's mother was Russian
Princess Elisabeth was supposedly the owner of many Russian made artifacts that was used as gifts from the Romanovs to their relatives. One example of this is the small Fabergé Easter eggs that many royals, for instance Queen Sofia of Spain, made into necklaces.

Kataryn 12-01-2018 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 2176366)

I recently read that Dagmar brought a chest with her jewels to Denmark which she kept locked up, not even her daughters got something from it. Then, when she was close to dying, she sent the chest via diplomate bag to London, to be given to her daughters after her death. Some days after she died, her nephew and host, Denmark's king inquired about the jewels, because he had spent a lot of money on his aunt. Alas, they were already in the UK and soon Xenia and her sister shared them, with Xenia getting the most of them. She sold them and most went to Queen Mary. Maybe Olga sold her share in Denmark as she stayed there and bought a dairy farm close to Copenhagen?

maria-olivia 12-01-2018 05:04 AM

So the Rosenborg Countesses sold also Princess Elisabeth heirloom.
A small item 978 (9 cm) from Henrik Wigstrom who worked for Fabergé was sold 850.000 DKK , estimation price between 100.000 ans 150.000 !

Muhler 12-06-2018 06:08 PM

The Bruun Rasmussen auction over a number of items from the Rosenborg family has as you know been put up for auction.
The star attraction was of course the sapphire tiara, but there were of course quite a few of other items that went under the hammer.
The three Rosenborg sisters, Camilla, Josephine and Feodora paid for the expenses and a 16 % sales fee.
The rest went into their pockets.

Here are the scans of some of items put up for auction.
Note in particular the captions in blue boxes.
Vurdering = Assessment.
Solgt = sale price.

And a rough converter:
1 £ = 8.5 DKK.
1 € = 7.5 DKK.
1 $ = 6 DKK.

But see for yourselves here:
https://app.box.com/s/z4tlob80h3iea4hykgr5399sz1n9o3ux
https://app.box.com/s/k2ixrt5epjky1dwk8nl09sp3cacpx97k
https://app.box.com/s/o93nitec6ivf3vz77kqwddyskh97zusz
https://app.box.com/s/pjwjn0oy4f0t8qe8ubb2mu3q8lxghm13
https://app.box.com/s/9hjsgvckd5w0vukwsw86bzvldhaxw9t5
https://app.box.com/s/48x9k9squoy8t8vsb7gg9fk52ljuro07

An Ard Ri 12-06-2018 06:22 PM

Princess Elisabeth had a fine collection of jewels and other antiques :previous:

maria-olivia 12-07-2018 06:04 AM

She was Queen Alexandrine Grand Child.

Muhler 12-19-2018 11:47 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #51, 2018.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Who met Count Ingolf and his wife Countess Sussie, when they recently visited Sorgenfri Cemetery in order to put flowers on Princess Elisabeth's grave.
78 year old Cont Ingolf is getting older too. He needed the support from his wife when he bent down to place the flowers.

Prior to going to the cemetery the two of them drove past Sorgenfri Manor first, in order to pause and reflect for a moment.

Count Ingolf said: "It is so strange that Elisabeth is here no more. I miss her og now here at Christmas time it's really hard. Sussie and I used to visit her in December to bring her her Christmas presents, and we are here at her grave at Sorgenfri Kirkegård. (Kirkegård = church-yard = cemetery.) It's sad. That's ho I can best put it."

Each year Ingolf gave his sister the same present:
"Elisabeth loved Greenland, so that's why she each year got the Greenland-calendar with twelve different, very fine pictures from the beautiful island. It's odd not having to order it this year. It has after all been a tradition.
Then we all had lunch together, drank coffee and had a cozy time. But we never celebrated Christmas together. We celebrated that apart."

He explains how he and his wife, who live at a small manor in Jutland, celebrate Christmas:
"In the afternoon we go to Fredericia garrison-church and then we drive home and eat roast pork with all that goes to that. And at the end risalamande (a rice-porridge dessert.)
After the dinner we watch a little TV and if we have been given books for Christmas, we flip through them. We don't have a Christmas tree, that's too much effort."

But in the childhood, also at Sorgenfri Manor.
"Then we had a Christmas tree going to the ceiling and all the presents on tables here and there. That was an evening we three children, Elisabeth, Christian and I looked forward to. Now I'm left alone.
To lose your little brother is terrible and after the death of Christian only six months passed then his wife Anne Dorte died as well. I never get used to that."

Before visiting Elisabeth's grave, they went by Sorgenfri Manor.
"Then we stopped for a moment and remembered Elisabeth. Because we lived so far apart, (*) we didn't see each other so often, but we spoke on the phone and usually had a good talk.
Fortunately Sussie and I managed to visit Elisabeth at the hospice where she was committed at the end. That was eight days before she died and she was very weak. She couldn't speak, but when we left we could tell from her eyes that now she said goodbye."

Count Ingolf also visited the graves of his younger brother and sister-in-law at Lyngby Cemetery.
As well as visiting the sarcophagus of his parents in Roskilde Cathedral. The sarcophagus is placed in the crypt of the Cathedral "so you need a special permit to get down there."
When Count Ingolf dies he too will be buried in Roskilde Cathedral. "That has been allowed by the Queen. Together with Sussie, of course."

(*) Distances are relative. In DK the little more than 200 km by road from Ingolf's home to Northern Zealand where Elisabeth lived, is a long distance.

maria-olivia 12-19-2018 02:07 PM

Thanks Mr Muhler for sharing Count Ingolf's interview. It was a warm family. I did not know that as the focus is always on the main Royals

iceflower 05-17-2019 02:40 PM

Clara of Rosenborg had her confirmation at Lundtofte Church today, May 17 - several members of the family attended the ceremony:

** ppe gallery **

maria-olivia 05-18-2019 05:58 AM

Thanks you Iceflower, I enjoy your posts with many pictures. I don't like instagram pictures .

eya 08-06-2019 11:39 AM

Wedding of Countess Josephine and Kenneth Schmidt at Lyngby City Hall in Denmark today 6 August

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...2019%20Wedding