The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/)
-   -   Charlene Wittstock Current Events 6 : Aug.2006 - Nov.2006 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/charlene-wittstock-current-events-6-aug-2006-nov-2006-a-10667.html)

tbhrc 08-28-2006 02:11 PM

Charlene Wittstock Current Events 6 : Aug.2006 - Nov.2006
 
Welcome to part 6 of the thread to discuss the current events of Charlene Wittstock, Prince Albert's official companion.

Please take a look at the following TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines before you start posting in this thread:

- Derogatory or offensive remarks about royal persons, their family, friends or associates, or other public figures are strictly prohibited. While there is no requirement that you should like all royal persons or public persons discussed at TRF, there is no need to attack them or call them names. There are ways to express your dislike or criticism of royals other than resorting to calling them names. It is childish behaviour that is not tolerated here.

- Please share only your opinions about a royal person or situation. We prefer that you don’t make posts in the name of your family members, friends, acquaintances or on behalf of your entire community, city or country. For example, posts such as “My mom agrees with me that…” or “Everybody in my town is opposed to this relationship.” While public opinion is sometimes relevant, there is no way to verify second- or third-hand remarks. There is also no way to verify claims that a poster is or knows a member of a royal or noble family; claims to this effect will be deleted from the forum.

- Reference to and continuations of discussions from other message boards or forums are absolutely not permitted and will automatically be removed without discussion by the TRF Moderating Team.

- Profanity and coarse language is strictly prohibited. Discussions here will never be of a nature in which swearing or offensive language is necessary to fully express oneself.

- No unsubstantiated information is permitted. This is not the place for gossip; we want to share and discuss actual news and information about royalty. All information submitted here (stories, articles, etc.) must be linked back to a credible source (newspaper, magazine, online magazine, book, photo agency, etc...). Gossip is hearsay and these forums are dedicated to providing credible information to its members. Therefore, we ask our members to have reliable sources for any information that they may provide.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And please take a look at this thread:
Photo Agencies and Copyright Violations

Esp. this part:

- We are also asking that members co-operate on another level: Please exercise discretion when posting images. While we all love pictures, there is no need to post every single picture from every online source or agency you can find. We do not need six pictures of the exact same shot with miniscule variations. Members of the Moderating Team will be exercising their discretion and removing excessive pictures.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can find the old thread here.

Happy Posting!

Lillia 08-28-2006 08:55 PM

Oh my, well I suppose Charlene still hanging around PA, despite his strong statement -- shows how focused she is.

If she's not going to practice for the Olympics or swim in any or her own Regional or World competitions (who knows if she's still planning that or not), then where else would she go? What could she have to go back to? Not much probably.

So why not hang out with PA, she may not have anything better to do and her own prospects are not so good if she stops tagging along with him at this moment.

If you want to see the latest pictures of her and PA at the Women's Jet Ski World Championships you need to use this link for Newscom (sorry, I do not know how to upload the pictures). I think it says they were at Nice/Monaco.

http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/membe...x=0&search.y=0

princess olga 08-28-2006 09:16 PM

Nice pictures, thanks. Have to say this girl is sortof growing on me--perhaps that's Albert's intention, get people to s-l-o-w-l-y get used to her, lol!

rominet09 08-29-2006 06:50 AM

Why ?
 
The more I read messages here the more I wonder
Why such hatred against this lady ?
People here attacked her from the start
I have nothing against her, I think she is very pretty and I hope for a big wedding one day:ermm:

LadyS 08-29-2006 08:40 AM

Charlene looks really good in the photos.

Her hair has grown quite a lot since February. I think the longer length suits her.

Casey321 08-29-2006 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rominet09
The more I read messages here the more I wonder
Why such hatred against this lady ?
People here attacked her from the start
I have nothing against her, I think she is very pretty and I hope for a big wedding one day:ermm:

I agree, I don't see anything "unsuitable" about her and I think she seems sweet, down to earth, pretty... things I think would be essential for a potential princess or even just a girlfriend/companion of PA.

I've wondered sometimes if CW or her friends or family ever read the negative things said about her here. I hope she doesn't - none of it seems to be based on anything substantial.

WindsorIII 08-29-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

originally posted by maryellen1539
If Charlene shows up again, I will believe all of the negative things I have heard about her. There is no way you could convince me that she is there for anything but the money and title.
I totally agree Maryellen. I actually backed off Charlene to give her the benefit of the doubt because it seems so many people seem to hate this girl. But now that I see her back with Prince Albert after he humiliated her on worldwide television and made it clear he wanted no future with her (well accept for casual sex once every few months) and he made it clear to the whole world he has no intentions on marrying her, I beleive EVERYTHING about her being a golddigger just in it for the money.

This girl has no sense of self respect or self esteem. And just because she looks pretty in a photograph doesn't qualify her to be Princess of anything. It takes a lot more than that, starting with how you carry and respect yourself.

I understand some think she has no other options because she has no education and never had a job, but come on she must be able to do something with her life than be a doormat to Prince Albert and roll over for him anytime he asks.

This is no lady or no woman of class. Lots of women look pretty in photos, its having some class or dignity that matters more than looks.

IMO she is no better than Nicole, Tamara or any of the rest of his mistresses.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt and her true colors came shining through. She is okay just being his bed partner and occassional, how do you say it, "official companion" She is only in it like Maryellen says for the money and title. Sick.

I am really disappoined in Prince Albert, I gave him more credit than that.

But I guess the days of class and dignity in Monaco are truly, as they say in the south, "gone with the wind" :sad: What a shame.

Casey321 08-29-2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindsorIII
I totally agree Maryellen. I actually backed off Charlene to give her the benefit of the doubt because it seems so many people seem to hate this girl. But now that I see her back with Prince Albert after he humiliated her on worldwide television and made it clear he wanted no future with her (well accept for casual sex once every few months) and he made it clear to the whole world he has no intentions on marrying her, I beleive EVERYTHING about her being a golddigger just in it for the money.

All he said is that he has no plans to marry. Is she a doormat because she's dating someone who basically says that he doesn't yet know how it's going to turn out? He made it clear that she's no fling with the "official companion" term. I haven't seen any evidence of a lack of class or dignity in Charlene. In fact I think she's shown a lot of class in the way she's conducted herself amid all the gossip and rumours. All we know is that they're dating - everything else is just speculation.

WindsorIII 08-29-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

originally posted by Casey321
All he said is that he has no plans to marry. Is she a doormat because she's dating someone who basically says that he doesn't yet know how it's going to turn out? He made it clear that she's no fling with the "official companion" term. I haven't seen any evidence of a lack of class or dignity in Charlene. In fact I think she's shown a lot of class in the way she's conducted herself amid all the gossip and rumours. All we know is that they're dating - everything else is just speculation.
Hello Casey, I am sorry but I totally disagree with what you are saying.

First of all, the question was asked to Prince Albert is response to all the stupid media speculation that there was going to be a wedding to Charlene. He clearly said he has no intentions of getting married in the near OR distant future. The he went on to say everytime a pretty girl is with him more than once the marriage stuff comes out.

He was diplomatically saying he has no intentions of marrying Charlene now or in the distant future. He basically was saying that she is just one of many pretty girls photographed at his side more than once and just like all those before her, the media assumed he would marry Charlene. Then he solidified his answer with the "read my lips comment"

Yes she is doormat.

Quote:

He made it clear that she's no fling with the "official companion term"
And for the "official companion title" that surely tells us all that she is not his girlfriend and that she is just a fling. It sounds like a paid job, which is worse. Why can't he proudly say my girlfriend like other Crown Princes did. Because that is not what she is. Shes a companion that comes around when he wants her there for events. They have a word for that.

Quote:

I haven't seen any evidence of a lack of class or dignity in Charlene.
Then Casey you haven't seen any of the photos from the Olympics, the islands of Maldives or the smoking photos from the grand prix. In all of those photos she looks trashy and tacky and is acting that way as well.

After these photos I actually backed off from writing about her and gave her the benefit of the doubt because I kind of felt sorry for her because everyone tore her to pieces calling her everything from a tramp to a call girl.

But now I see she is back just after that worldwide television interview where Prince Albert basically said he wants no future with her now or in the distant future. She is back like a little puppy dog taking whatever scraps Prince Albert throws out to her. She has no class or dignity.

And its not just Charlene. Its all the women Prince Albert has done this too. The Palace made similiar statements in the past of other girlfriends, like there will be no engagment or no wedding, the girls hang around for awhile hoping for a change, then slowly disappear. Its so humiliating. I don't understand why any woman would allow herself to be treated this way. I guess its just the allure of being part of that jet set world. I guess money can do that to people. Charlene has a taste of it and now shes back for more.

Prince Albert did this same thing to Nicole for five years. The only difference was in the past Prince Rainier was alive and kept things under cover and out of the media. He would never allow Prince Albert to bring these women to all these public events. Now he's not around anymore and Prince Albert's private dating life is more public.

I just don't understand what is the matter with women these days.

pinklady1991 08-29-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindsorIII
And its not just Charlene. Its all the women Prince Albert has done this too. The Palace made similiar statements in the past of other girlfriends, like there will be no engagment or no wedding, the girls hang around for awhile hoping for a change, then slowly disappear. Its so humiliating. I don't understand why any woman would allow herself to be treated this way. I guess its just the allure of being part of that jet set world. I guess money can do that to people. Charlene has a taste of it and now shes back for more.

Women with low self-esteem or feel that marriage to a public figure is the only way they can validate themselves behave this way. Charlene has a lot to be proud of (her discipline, talent, etc) but she didn't reach her goal of winning an Olympic medal or world championship so she is looking for another way to grasp on to that brass ring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindsorIII
Prince Albert did this same thing to Nicole for five years. The only difference was in the past Prince Rainier was alive and kept things under cover and out of the media. He would never allow Prince Albert to bring these women to all these public events. Now he's not around anymore and Prince Albert's private dating life is more public.

Rainier in most cases was able to protect his children, particularly Albert, from themselves. It was easier to let Caroline and Stephanie go off and make their mistakes however public they may have been b/c the future of the monarchy didn't depend on them or their reputations. Albert probably assumed that anything private would stay private and is now paying for his past indescretions literally and figuratively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindsorIII
I just don't understand what is the matter with women these days.

Neither do I but I think it has a lot to do with everyone's need for instant gratification and the world's fascination with "celebutantes." People crave fame and will do anything, no matter how degrading, to get it. Society glorifies living in the public eye (i.e, the Jessica Simpson-Nick Lachey debacle or Pam Anderson and Kid Rock) and bad behaviour (i.e, Paris Hilton). Acting trashy is now the new standard.

hibou 08-29-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Women with low self-esteem or feel that marriage to a public figure is the only way they can validate themselves behave this way. Charlene has a lot to be proud of (her discipline, talent, etc) but she didn't reach her goal of winning an Olympic medal or world championship so she is looking for another way to grasp on to that brass ring.



Rainier in most cases was able to protect his children, particularly Albert, from themselves. It was easier to let Caroline and Stephanie go off and make their mistakes however public they may have been b/c the future of the monarchy didn't depend on them or their reputations. Albert probably assumed that anything private would stay private and is now paying for his past indescretions literally and figuratively.



Neither do I but I think it has a lot to do with everyone's need for instant gratification and the world's fascination with "celebutantes." People crave fame and will do anything, no matter how degrading, to get it. Society glorifies living in the public eye (i.e, the Jessica Simpson-Nick Lachey debacle or Pam Anderson and Kid Rock) and bad behaviour (i.e, Paris Hilton). Acting trashy is now the new standard.

Pink the only thing you left out was that Charlene''s family blabbed to the press also which didn't help Charlene either. It appeared they were the ones promoting the marriage thing as well as CHarlene's "toss off" comments at the olympics like Turin is a great place for lovers etc. There was alot of self promotion on Charlene and her family.

MCMC 08-29-2006 05:39 PM

Charlene back in Monaco
 
Charlene Wittstock ist back in Monaco. She arrived last Sunday. At 3:30 PM she was with Prince Albert at the jet-ski-race at the yacht harbour.

Lillia 08-29-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindsorIII
I totally agree Maryellen. I actually backed off Charlene to give her the benefit of the doubt because it seems so many people seem to hate this girl. But now that I see her back with Prince Albert after he humiliated her on worldwide television and made it clear he wanted no future with her (well accept for casual sex once every few months) and he made it clear to the whole world he has no intentions on marrying her, I beleive EVERYTHING about her being a golddigger just in it for the money.

This girl has no sense of self respect or self esteem. And just because she looks pretty in a photograph doesn't qualify her to be Princess of anything. It takes a lot more than that, starting with how you carry and respect yourself.

I understand some think she has no other options because she has no education and never had a job, but come on she must be able to do something with her life than be a doormat to Prince Albert and roll over for him anytime he asks.

This is no lady or no woman of class. Lots of women look pretty in photos, its having some class or dignity that matters more than looks.

IMO she is no better than Nicole, Tamara or any of the rest of his mistresses.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt and her true colors came shining through. She is okay just being his bed partner and occassional, how do you say it, "official companion" She is only in it like Maryellen says for the money and title. Sick.

I am really disappoined in Prince Albert, I gave him more credit than that.

But I guess the days of class and dignity in Monaco are truly, as they say in the south, "gone with the wind" :sad: What a shame.

Well, now we know clearly where she was going in her airport pictures the day after the Ball -- over to Nice on a commercial flight to meet up with PA there. Dragging her luggage thru the airport to go to Nice for the Jet Ski event.

Lillia 08-29-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey321
All he said is that he has no plans to marry. Is she a doormat because she's dating someone who basically says that he doesn't yet know how it's going to turn out? He made it clear that she's no fling with the "official companion" term. I haven't seen any evidence of a lack of class or dignity in Charlene. In fact I think she's shown a lot of class in the way she's conducted herself amid all the gossip and rumours. All we know is that they're dating - everything else is just speculation.

PA has clearly and very plainly said that he has no intentions of marrying anyone either now or in the distant future. The palace also announced a while ago that there will be no engagement. Period -- end of any speculation.

While Albert's words are not anything different than what he has said before, I think it was a really strong statement, no mistaking what he meant either. There would be no room for CW or anyone connected to her (or anyone else) to mis-interpret what he said so clearly to the public about his intentions on the subject of marriage. I do not believe he is interested in marrying her at all.

It was not at all a comment saying he was not sure. He said plainly that he does not intent to marry anyone either now or in the distant future. That means no marriage to CW either now or in the distant future. He did say she was pretty though. So, she's just hanging around because he invites her to be there. CW probably understands that PA can replace her easily, because all kinds of women throw themselves at him all the time. She looks nice lately, but she can be replaced. Maybe that's why she's been around so much. If she leaves, he might find a replacement and it would be a heck of a lot harder for her to replace someone like Albert Grimaldi (a billionaire prince) than for him to replace her. He can even find another Olympic athlete easily if he wanted to. Who could she get to equal PA in terms of social status or public profile?

Plus, as long as she can tag along with him, there are people who may want to associate with her. It may open up opportunities for her. If she's not with Albert, eventually she will fade into the background. I believe even though they obviously like each other, she's in this for the attention and whatever else she can get by being around him.

Laviollette 08-29-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rominet09
The more I read messages here the more I wonder
Why such hatred against this lady ?
People here attacked her from the start
I have nothing against her, I think she is very pretty and I hope for a big wedding one day:ermm:

I have nothing against her really except she talks too much but Albert doesn't seem to mind. My problem is with the prince himself. As long as this 48-year-old man continues to date 20-something young women he will look like a dirty old man and the women will look like bimbos no matter how smart they might actually be. It's a picture that's just not flattering.

Donna 08-29-2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCMC
Charlene Wittstock ist back in Monaco. She arrived last Sunday. At 3:30 PM she was with Prince Albert at the jet-ski-race at the yacht harbour.

MCMC - you live in Monaco - what do you think of her? Would you like to see her as the Princess of Monaco?

MCMC 08-29-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
MCMC - you live in Monaco - what do you think of her? Would you like to see her as the Princess of Monaco?

Charlene will have a hard time in paradise. Monaco is not a stage for light musicals. It's a power city and Albert II. is the boss of this multi-firm. Charlene will have a tough life as First Lady of Monaco. To many of the old clans (powerful) still running the place and do not like a young lady coming from South Africa. Charlene must feel like Grace Kelly who was the first years totally isolated and asked even her friend Jeanne to come over from Texas, because she felt so lonely in the pink palace.

paca 08-29-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCMC
Charlene must feel like Grace Kelly who was the first years totally isolated and asked even her friend Jeanne to come over from Texas, because she felt so lonely in the pink palace.

That would be Kates mum, also known as Texans Kelly, right?

Personally I think though that Charlene would have a much tougher time then Grace ever had. She has lost so much respect in advance and M. Deslandes parting interview was pretty clearly aimed at her and showed clearly what those in power think of her. I don't think that something similar happened to Grace. I doubt that anyone would have dared to make such comments during rainiers rule. Grace suffered, but she suffered pretty much in silence.

Zonk 08-29-2006 09:11 PM

Isn't it somewhat ironic that now people are quoting Albert's "I am not looking to get married" comment as if its gospel. Didn't he say the same thing about both of his kids? Basically denied their existence until DNA showed otherwise.

Deny Deny Deny.

Sorry, as far as I am concerned Albert's word really means nothing.

semisquare 08-29-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

M. Deslandes parting interview was pretty clearly aimed at her and showed clearly what those in power think of her.
what did M. Deslanders say about her?
a here is a made-up situation: if prince albert said "charlene jump"
would her reply be:
a-how high?
b-man, u have lost your mind to be asking me to do that
c-pay him no attention
again, people this is just for fun


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises