Queen Sofia's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2006 - January 2011
You all may me aware that the Queen of Spain has worn hats only a very few times. The tradition of wearing hats is mostly related to northern European countries, yet the Queen has had to wear them a few times mostly because of the protocol so I'd like to share these pictures with you.
Picture from Corbis.
1) The Queen in the Netherlands
2) The Queen in London.
Picture by Corbis.
3) The Queen in Belgium.
Photo by Getty Images.
4) The Queen in Barcelona (Infanta Cristina's wedding).
Picture by Uppa.
5) Queen Sofia in Windsor (with Queen Mother).
Picture by Getty.
6) The Queen in Norway in 2006.
Picture from Terra.
7) The Queen in Amsterdam (Royal wedding).
Picture by Rex Features.
8) HM the Queen in Windsor.
Picture by Getty.
I don't like this "hats" in post 7) and 8)!
The big black hat she wore in Norway looks fantastic on her! :)
It's totaly obvious that all the Queen's hats are very tasted....I'm not sur that for Sophia it's her cup of tea. But she is wearing with elegance "bibi" or " capeline". All it's a question of presence !
I like the hats! But i think she isn't very comfortable with! :o If you know what i mean...
Queen Sofia's Fashion and Style
I have opened this forum because there are others on Queens and Princesses on the same topic.
The Queen Sofia is the whole expert in repeat and to recycle clothes.
The Princess Letizia also repeats often clothes. The women of the Royal Spanish House are in the habit of being very practical in this sense.
1. April 2006. Jordania
2. April 2006. Jordania. (with oder skirt)
3. April 2006. Spain. New ministers.
4. Junio 2006. Military act.
4. Julio 2006. Gailicia
(from casa real and lavozdegalicia)
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2...aniayb9.th.jpg http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9...nia2lt0.th.jpg http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/182...trosqu2.th.jpg http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2...aresci1.th.jpghttp://img80.imageshack.us/img80/875...iciado9.th.jpg
1. July 2005
2. May 2006
3. July 2006
(from casa real)
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2...2005ou8.th.jpg http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/677...2006hg7.th.jpg http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/410...2006pt4.th.jpg
Photos from Casa Real and Getty
1. In Norway
2. With the President of Philippines
3. With the Pope
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5...uegaij3.th.jpg http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3...inasxl9.th.jpg http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/607...papaiq6.th.jpg
1. April 2006. Qatar.
2. July 2006. Palace of Zarzuela
1. Octuber 2004. Prince of Asturias Awards
2. October 2004. With the President of Latvia
3. January 2005. Marocco.
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/458...iedojb5.th.jpg http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/413...oniaxe8.th.jpg http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/166...2005th3.th.jpg
1. October 2005. Prince of Asturias Awards
2. March 2006. With the writer Francisco Ayala
That makes it a total of five times she's worn it in the span of a month or so.
From casareal, seegerpress and terra
1. January 2006. Inaguration of Fitur
2. March 3005. State visit to France
3. February 2006. Visit of President Putin.
4. April 2006. Navarra.
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3...iturra8.th.jpg http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5...nciakv3.th.jpg http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9...rerofk2.th.jpghttp://img461.imageshack.us/img461/9...brilso3.th.jpg
1. National Day. October 2004.
2. Cervantes award. Abril 2005.
3. Valencia. March 2006.
4. Baden. June 2006.
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/8...2004vc6.th.jpg http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3...2005dj8.th.jpg http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/4...2006cv5.th.jpg http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1...adenak6.th.jpg
1. Queen Sofía Nuseum. 2004
2. Córdoba. June 2005.
This thread is very appropriate because it's the proof that for a "buzy" Queen it's absolutly normal to repeat some part of her wardrobe.
Can you imagine the lengh of the Sofia's dressings particulary if she has for habit to keep during a long time the clothes that she like.
If you have the curiosity to watch on the web of the Case Real and to throw an eye on the agenda of the Queen since many years, you can see that she repeat some years after years clothes that she didn't wear during part of times.
For me, it's mean that first the Queen have a lot of official trips, acts, conferences, meetings for which she need an estupendous wardrobe but according her own style ( the same since a long time as the Queen Elisabeth ) with a budget which is not these of Queen Elisabeth or Queen Beatrix. Then it's mean too that Sofia is a woman who obviously don't like waste money that is a virtue for her reputation, isen'it ?
Photos from casa real, seegerpress, cover
1. La Coruña. June 2005.
2. Lanzarote. November 2005.
3. Cervantes Award. April 2006
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/128...2005gi4.th.jpg http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/954...2005nh4.th.jpg http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4...2006js4.th.jpg
1. Salamanca. Novermber 2005
2. Palace of El Pardo. December 2005.
1. Dinner in the Royal Palace. July 2004.
2. King of Sweeden birthday 2006
1. Royal Wedding In Copenhagen. May 2004
2. Dinner in the Royal Palace. October 2004.
From cover, seegerpress, getty
1. Wedding of Ana Aznar 2003
2. Wedding in Jordan 2004
3. Act in Valencia 2005
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1...2003ar7.th.jpg http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4...2004ig6.th.jpg http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3...2005gg9.th.jpg
1. With the President of Syria 2004
2. With the President of Chile 2006
1. Dinner with the President of Argentina 2003
2. Dinner with the President of Chile 2003
3. Dinner in the Royal palace 2005
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8...2003qe1.th.jpg http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/7...hilebq1.th.jpg http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5...2005uu2.th.jpg
1. With Bill Clinton. June 2005
2. September 2005
From anp, polfoto, seegerpress, cover
1. Cervantes Award. April 2004.
2. "Onomástica" of the King. June 2004
3. September 2004
4. September 2005
5. Queen Sofía Museum. September 2005
6. April 2006
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5...2004oa6.th.jpg http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4...2004hf4.th.jpg http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3...2004yk0.th.jpg http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2...2005to2.th.jpg http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4...ofiazq8.th.jpg http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...2006wd8.th.jpg
1.Thyssen Museum. June 2004
2. Santiago de Compostela. July 2004
3. Visit of the president of Chile. July 2004
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8...2004sk4.th.jpg http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2...2004rm5.th.jpg http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2...perusp2.th.jpg
From casa real, cover, seeger,
1. Greece. June 2005
2. June 2005
3. Almería. June 2005.
4. Portugal. July 2005
5. May 2006
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8...2005mg0.th.jpg http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9...2005bm3.th.jpg http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/7...eriaio3.th.jpg http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7...ugalrx9.th.jpg http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/345...2006gg5.th.jpg
1. Palace of La Zazrzuela. June 2004
4. Mexico. April 2005
From casareal, seegerpress, getty
1. Wedding in Madrid. September 2003
2. Argentina. Novermber 2003
1. Mallorca. April 2006
2. May 2006
1. February 2005
2. February 2006
1. Jordan. April 2006
2. Galicia July 2006
1. Madrid. April 2005
2. In Chile. April 2005
Here you have the same blazer, with other skirt.
Sevilla 2006. (From Casa Real)
The skirt is very similar to this
From polfoto, getty, casareal
2. November 2005
3. Official photo on the web of the 60thcelebrations web in Thailandia (By Larzen)
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/615...2000ko0.th.jpg http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9...2005mj0.th.jpg http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6...2006ik0.th.jpg
1. September 2005
2. June 2006
1. Royal Palace of Madrid. 1994 (post by iceflower, from Hola)
2. Visit to Jordania. 2006 (from casa real)
Great job lula! This dress is one of my favourites ever worn by Queen Sofia, so I'm glad she has worn it more than once ;)
I like this photo... :o
I think the Queen do this a lot. I mean, she buys a new outfit and then she uses it sometimes in a short time, and then we just see them after some months or a year.
We can see this by some photos of outfits that lula post:
- Yellow outfit -- post #1
- Flower dress with blue blazer -- post #2
- Red outfit -- post #2
- Purple outfit -- post #5
- Green outfit -- post #9
- Flower outfit -- post #11
- Cream outfit -- post #12
- Flower dress with red blazer -- post #12
BTW, thanks for posting all these photos. ;)
1. (I'm not sure) Between April and July 2006
2. September 2006
(Source: face to face; terra)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017