The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Announcements and Admin (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   How to quote parts of posts (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/how-to-quote-parts-of-posts-10053.html)

lise 06-23-2006 02:45 AM

How to quote parts of posts
 
Hi everyone
I have a question how do I quote part of another member's post instead of the whole post?

Mandy 06-23-2006 02:58 AM

Hello lise,

It's easy! Use the Quote function then delete everything except the portion of the quote that you wish to keep. Try it with this post. :)

Good luck!

lise 06-23-2006 03:02 AM

Thanks mandy hopefully this worked.

Mandy 06-23-2006 03:09 AM

Don't remove the quote tags [quote] because they make the quote box.

Paty 07-11-2006 04:39 AM

Hello, i have a quenstion too.

How do I quote part of answers of diferent menbers in the same post?

Exsample see post number 47 http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...m-10188-3.html

Warren 07-11-2006 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paty
Hello, i have a quenstion too.

How do I quote part of answers of diferent menbers in the same post?

Exsample see post number 47 http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...m-10188-3.html

You have to copy and paste from the various posts, remembering to use [quote=original posting member's name] and finishing that part with the end quote [ /quote] (no spaces). Once you have them in your post with your responses, click 'Preview Post' to see how it looks, and delete any excessive blank spacing.

Be careful not to overuse the multiple quote technique so your posts dont appear as being 'argumentative'.

Paty 07-11-2006 05:05 AM

Oh, thaks for your pront reply Warren.

ok, but frist, do I have to clink on POST REPLY?, and then paste?

Elspeth 07-11-2006 02:32 PM

You can click on "post reply" and then paste what you want to reply to.

You can also click on "Quote" and delete the bits you don't want to reply to.

If you want to reply to several bits of a post separately, you can either do as Warren said and manually add the [ quote] ... [ /quote ] tags (without the spaces) around each bit you want to reply to, or you can highlight the text you want to reply to and then click the icon at the top of the Reply box which looks like a square "balloon" with writing in it. If you mouse over that icon, it says "wrap quote tags around selected text."

Paty 07-12-2006 06:34 AM

Many Thanks, for yur help.

Warren 07-12-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
If you want to reply to several bits of a post separately... you can highlight the text you want to reply to and then click the icon at the top of the Reply box which looks like a square "balloon" with writing in it. If you mouse over that icon, it says "wrap quote tags around selected text."

This icon (between the envelope and the #) (I've just learned something!): http://www.theroyalforums.com/ugala/...itor/quote.gif

Ms Griffin 08-01-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
or you can highlight the text you want to reply to and then click the icon at the top of the Reply box which looks like a square "balloon" with writing in it.

For me quoting only functions if I use the "Quote" button. And then I also, logically, can only quote from one post. Does anyone know why it doesn't function? :sad:


Btw, I can also not put up a link, because while I can copy I cannot paste anything into the Reply box. Therefore I would have to type the whole URL, with long URLs impossible. :bang:

Lady Jennifer 08-01-2006 06:49 PM

To paste URLs have you tried hitting on your keyboard: they key marked ctrl & the letter v at the same time? I know that works for me. Or right click your mouse & click on the word Paste

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Griffin
Btw, I can also not put up a link, because while I can copy I cannot paste anything into the Reply box. Therefore I would have to type the whole URL, with long URLs impossible. :bang:


Ms Griffin 08-01-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
To paste URLs have you tried hitting on your keyboard: they key marked ctrl & the letter v at the same time? I know that works for me. Or right click your mouse & click on the word Paste

Well the second option doesn't work for me. And the first option I will try in a moment.

Okay that works. Thanks. :flowers:


Now I have only still the quoting problem.

crisscross1 08-01-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy
Hello lise,

delete everything except the portion of the quote that you wish to keep. Try it with this post. :)

Good luck!

:flowers: I wondered that too, thanks for solving the problem? (I hope)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises