The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Family of Morocco (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f175/)
-   -   Is the Morocco Monarchy in Trouble? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f175/is-the-morocco-monarchy-in-trouble-10033.html)

tenngirl 06-20-2006 10:15 PM

Is the Morocco Monarchy in Trouble?
 
This is my very first try at creating a new thread. I hope I do it properly! However, I have a bad question to ask. :(

I heard today on the radio that the government of Morocco arrested 500 people in suspicion that they wanted to kill the king and bring in another government.

Has anyone else heard this? I jumped on the Web to see if there was anything on the news and did not see anything. I am hoping that someone over in that area would know more details.

I don't want to start an argument about religion or whatever. I just think that the King and Princess seem like a neat couple and I hope nothing is wrong with the country. And, of course, they have the most adorable Crown Prince!!!:)

clymène 06-21-2006 04:46 AM

In what radio did you hear that?

TamaraKhan 06-21-2006 06:52 AM

Personally,I think that the moroccan monarchy is not in trouble more than the rest of the middle eastern monarchies,and it will be the last one to worry about troubles which could be caused by religious.

The moroccan kings used to have always opposants,remember in the 70's,King Hassan II was into to be killed by general Oufkir twice,the attempts of overtrowing are not always due to religion or so,but it's more a question of power.

Joumana 06-24-2006 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenngirl
This is my very first try at creating a new thread. I hope I do it properly! However, I have a bad question to ask. :(

I heard today on the radio that the government of Morocco arrested 500 people in suspicion that they wanted to kill the king and bring in another government.

Has anyone else heard this? I jumped on the Web to see if there was anything on the news and did not see anything. I am hoping that someone over in that area would know more details.

I don't want to start an argument about religion or whatever. I just think that the King and Princess seem like a neat couple and I hope nothing is wrong with the country. And, of course, they have the most adorable Crown Prince!!!:)

If this go to happend. I'm afraid for the Moroccan people. It will be BIG chaos in Morocco and many people will be killed. I don't hope so.
Please tell us what is your source of information?

tenngirl 07-06-2006 12:49 AM

I heard it on a talk station here in America. The lady was Laura Ingraham and I went to her website to see if she had a link to it. I thought she had quoted it from the Washington Times or Post. But I did not find anything. :confused:

I was really bothered because it seems that the King is a stabilizing force in the country and I think he is an American ally. We need as many of those as we can get!!

Are you from Morocco? If so, and your family has not said anything, maybe it was just an error on the part of the newspaper. Unfortunately, you cannot believe most of what you read in them anyway!

shrifia 07-06-2006 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenngirl
I heard it on a talk station here in America. The lady was Laura Ingraham and I went to her website to see if she had a link to it. I thought she had quoted it from the Washington Times or Post. But I did not find anything. :confused:

I was really bothered because it seems that the King is a stabilizing force in the country and I think he is an American ally. We need as many of those as we can get!!

Are you from Morocco? If so, and your family has not said anything, maybe it was just an error on the part of the newspaper. Unfortunately, you cannot believe most of what you read in them anyway!

hi tenngirl am moroccan i didn't hear about any trouble in my country just in you're post I can Confirms that there is no trouble maybe the station explain un corctly an event
sorry for my bad english:o

Roshanah 09-15-2006 10:15 PM

I know what you mean. I came accross the same thing 2 years ago. Although it was about the Saudi Royal family. An Embassador to Saudi Arabia gave a presentation at my University, that he thought that the 'house of Al-Saud ws on it's last legs' as he put it.

It frightened many people and when they attended the presentation, they found out that it was merely a hipothesis. Most disagreed with his thoughts about the matter.

What I mean to say is, don't worry about it even the most official sources can sometimes get it wrong ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenngirl
I heard it on a talk station here in America. The lady was Laura Ingraham and I went to her website to see if she had a link to it. I thought she had quoted it from the Washington Times or Post. But I did not find anything. :confused:

I was really bothered because it seems that the King is a stabilizing force in the country and I think he is an American ally. We need as many of those as we can get!!

Are you from Morocco? If so, and your family has not said anything, maybe it was just an error on the part of the newspaper. Unfortunately, you cannot believe most of what you read in them anyway!


Little_star 09-18-2006 08:39 AM

I remember speaking to a Moroccan friend who said that alot of his family were quite disappointed with King Mohammed VI and felt quite let down by him as they didn't feel as though he had followed through on all his promises. However, I've not read or heard of there being a very strong/vocal Republican movement in Morocco (like Spain for example) so I think the Monarchy is relatively safe at present.

shrifia 09-18-2006 11:56 AM

Just yesterday Abdelmoumen Diouri ex member of the movement who Tried to kill king hassan 2 returned to morocco after 35 years of the exile in frensh,not only him alot of opposed to the monarchy return to morocco after hassan 2 Death(abraham srfaty,familly of benbarka...), I don't think that a Regime who fells in danger Will allow for those to return:wacko:
when Mohammed VI became a king in 1999 Most of people here in morocco and even in The foreign states Thought that he can't Ends Six months as king one of These people were my familly Especially my father ,I remamber an articl in le monde say that king hassan2 was the last king in the Alaouite dynasty. but after 7 years alot of Opinions Changed, finally he Accomplished in 7 yeas more than his father in 38 years:(big reforms,big Projects,freedom of expression not like UK or USA but better than other arabic country...),yeas some poeple want more and I am one of them who think that m6 can do better especially in The political domain but I think that think change for good and maybye we have here in morocco a very good Opportunity to make our country better.
I want to Indicat something there is strange Relationship between people here in morocco and the monarchy perhaps they Criticizes her but also they don't trusth any one when There is adifficult decisions to take.......

Next Star 09-23-2006 12:11 AM

I did not hear of anything going wrong or something bad usually when there are problems in the government or politics of a sovereign state like that of Morroco it would be know by the public.

Roshanah 09-24-2006 09:31 PM

True! In view of his reforms etc, many have stated that although not everything promised was achieved it was better than the previous reign. :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrifia
Just yesterday Abdelmoumen Diouri ex member of the movement who Tried to kill king hassan 2 returned to morocco after 35 years of the exile in frensh,not only him alot of opposed to the monarchy return to morocco after hassan 2 Death(abraham srfaty,familly of benbarka...), I don't think that a Regime who fells in danger Will allow for those to return:wacko:
when Mohammed VI became a king in 1999 Most of people here in morocco and even in The foreign states Thought that he can't Ends Six months as king one of These people were my familly Especially my father ,I remamber an articl in le monde say that king hassan2 was the last king in the Alaouite dynasty. but after 7 years alot of Opinions Changed, finally he Accomplished in 7 yeas more than his father in 38 years:(big reforms,big Projects,freedom of expression not like UK or USA but better than other arabic country...),yeas some poeple want more and I am one of them who think that m6 can do better especially in The political domain but I think that think change for good and maybye we have here in morocco a very good Opportunity to make our country better.
I want to Indicat something there is strange Relationship between people here in morocco and the monarchy perhaps they Criticizes her but also they don't trusth any one when There is adifficult decisions to take.......


imane44 09-25-2006 01:08 AM

i believe that what tenngirl heard on the radio was about the bombings that happened in morocco 3years ago because afterwards the authorities said that they had arrested quite a few people that were suspected of wanting to kill the king and overthrow the monarchy

shrifia 09-25-2006 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imane44
i believe that what tenngirl heard on the radio was about the bombings that happened in morocco 3years ago because afterwards the authorities said that they had arrested quite a few people that were suspected of wanting to kill the king and overthrow the monarchy

really imane44??!!!
I never hear about Attempt of assassination m6!!! I think that the few people arrested had a relation with the bombings that happened in casablanca not killing the king.

shrifia 01-31-2011 11:38 AM

Morocco will not be spared from unrest, royal family member says
Madrid/Rabat - Morocco will probably not be spared from the unrest spreading in Arab countries, King Mohammed VI's cousin Moulay Hicham said in an interview published Monday.....Source

Halaoui1 02-01-2011 01:09 AM

Tunisia’s “Jasmine Revolution” Jolts the Arab World
2 weeks ago I posted on Zawya.com & some other LinkedIn groups the following comment about Tunisia Jasmine Revolt & last saturday I followed up with the update on Egypt. Please give your thoughts:

Tunisian popular revolution, which can be called “The Lesson” is just a sign of "L'Air du Temps" or " The Beginning of the End" for all dictatorship regimes wherever they are and particularly in the Arab world. Thus gives a great indication that Algeria & Egypt can be next...while the Kingdom of Morocco under the leadership of King Mohammed VI had, since his accession to the reign in 1999, perfectly understood early signs and needs of the growing population and applied appropriate political changes, actions and socio-economic programs

However, in order to secure a better transition to a more peaceful and promising future for each of those targeted Arab nations, each democratic opposition needs to review its political strategy, socio-economic programs with realistic models that take into consideration a better and optimal use of national resources, reduce social deficit, promote employment, provide better housing programs and conditions, improve freedom of speech and access to the information and Not to leave a chance for radical Islamist movements to take advantage of the situation etc.

Nevertheless, I wish Tunisian brotherly nation a very peaceful & democratic transition with effective democratic institutions that guarantee equality, accountability and a better economic and social success.

For more info, please log on the following link to view full article & comments on Zawya.com platform:
http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidANA20110115T115455ZMVC22#commentA110116011358

Sincerely,

By Hassane Alaoui Mdarhri
Last Saturday Jan. 29, I added the following update on Egypt Unrest
What is currently happening in Egypt has been already predicted by me as well as many other international observers 14 days ago (Please see above my comment posted first in Zawya.com on Jan. 15).

For sure, Algeria will follow same trend and Yemen is expanding it...While the political stability in the Kingdom of Morocco in this turbulent time is only a result of the right vision of HM King Mohammad VI and his ongoing capacity of addressing complex socio-economic issues since his succession to the Throne in mid-1999.

The 3 questions that I have now are as follow:
1- Will dictatorship regimes in the Arab world have same faith of disgrace like their previous peers in Central & East Europe had during 1990s?

2- How strong is democratic opposition in these countries compare to radical Islamist organizations?

3- How quickly democratic parties in these countries can settle their differences in order to form national democratic coalition based on effective socio-economic programs and transparent political institutions with the aim to organize free democratic elections in the coming 6 months and prevent the region from being at the mercy of radical Islam?
</SPAN>

I look forward to all your comments.

Thank you,

Hassane Alaoui Mdarhri

shrifia 02-02-2011 11:49 AM

I think after what happen in Tunisia and Egypt no arab regime is spared from sush protest,but that does not mean that will for sure happen and in similiar ways ,although arab countries have some many similarities problems but also have different circumstances and even degree of the regime hate.


Here an intersting article to see:
Morocco unlikely to see contagion from Egypt-Fitch
NEW YORK, Feb 1 (Reuters) - Morocco is unlikely to suffer contagion from protests in Egypt and Tunisia in the short term, Fitch Ratings said on Tuesday as it reaffirmed the country's credit ratings.....Source

Mademoiselle Lilo 02-09-2011 01:42 PM

Prince Moulay Hicham talked again about ME troubles and the chances of an upcoming revolution in Morocco on France TV chanel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngjWF...layer_embedded

Al_bina 02-09-2011 01:53 PM

I hope that no revolution or populist revolts will occur in Morocco. His Majesty and his advisers will take appropriate measures to address topical issues, thereby placating people.

Mademoiselle Lilo 02-09-2011 02:01 PM

i hope so Al bina,yet things are quit in here there is no sign off any troubles,ppl don't feel like they need to go out like Egypt or Tunisia cause the King is very very popular.
BUT i think change is good and its the only way to avoid sush revolutions and that will allow the monarchy to stay for long years ahead.

Sephora 02-09-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo (Post 1202967)
Prince Moulay Hicham talked again about ME troubles and the chances of an upcoming revolution in Morocco on France TV chanel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngjWF...layer_embedded

He didn't say that there's chance of upcomin revolution in Morocco. He exactly said Morocco will not be an exception for need to reforms of constitution and changes, and it's going into an EVOLUTION not a REVOLUTION like what's it seen in other ME coutries.

I am not moroccan, but I am very close to Morocco, and I know that there's no feelings of hate against the King or the moroccan monarchy.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises