The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Queen Rania before her marriage (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/queen-rania-before-her-marriage-10009.html)

papillon 06-29-2004 11:55 PM

Queen Rania before her marriage

A number of posters have commented about the rarity of photographs of QR as a child and as a young adult. Thought I'd begin a thread to see what we collectively know about her life prior to her marriage.

Humble 06-30-2004 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by papillon@Jun 29th, 2004 - 10:55 pm
A number of posters have commented about the rarity of photographs of QR as a child and as a young adult. Thought I'd begin a thread to see what we collectively know about her life prior to her marriage.
Rania: Of Palestian origin, Born in Kuwait ...did her schooling in the English school in Kuwait, then her undergraduate in the American University of Cairo (Business administration)..then worked in Amman, Jordan (I guess in a bank)..

Previous threads of Rania in the LTR already had some pics when she was a teenage..I myself posted a pic of her in her graduation from her University...

papillon 06-30-2004 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Humble@Jun 30th, 2004 - 3:05 am
then worked in Amman, Jordan (I guess in a bank)..

She worked at Apple Computer and at Citibank before her marriage.

papillon 07-01-2004 01:22 AM

Has anyone seen childhood pictures of her? I have not. If so, can you post them here? Thanks in advance.

Rossina 11-21-2005 10:15 AM

Queen rania as ayoung girl

:) i want to know more about rania al yasin ...the young girl ...also about her love story with prince abdullah bin al hussein of jordsan...:) :) :) :)

maryshawn 11-21-2005 08:58 PM

What I know is limited but others, I'm sure, will know more. She is the daughter of a pediatrician and retains close ties with her siblings and parents.

At one point, she was approached to be a model but her parents vetoed that. They were--rightly--suspect of the man who said he was a modeling agent.

She met KA at a party given by his sister, Aisha (I believe). He said it was love at first sight. She admits she had reservations because he was KH's son. Their courtship was brief--five months--and she has said he pursued her relentlessly. KH himself drove Abdullah to Rania's parents' home so Abdullah could propose. With KH and her family looking on, she accepted--and the rest, as they say, is history.

She has spoken a bit about their courtship, revealing he loved to take her flying on some rather hair-raising helicopter rides. She has also said she never expected to become Queen and would have been very happy as the wife of a soldier. In QN's book, Noor reveals Rania was concerned about Abdullah's succession; wondering if he would have the support of Jordanians, the military, etc. QN assured her both she and Abdullah would have that support.

paloma 11-21-2005 09:13 PM

It is also a known fact that the late King Hussein pushed hard for the engagement to come sooner than later due to being worried about Abdullah's reputation as a womanizer. Evidently, the apple fell close to the tree.:rolleyes:

maryshawn 11-21-2005 09:49 PM

I still wonder how Rania's parents felt when they opened the door and found the King standing there, asking to come in........It's not a sight you see on your doorstep everyday!!!:)

paloma 11-21-2005 10:56 PM

They obviously knew that their daughter was seeing HM son, so they could not have been that surprised!:) In my opinion, it is not the tradition to have long courtships in the Middle East. People will start talking the longer they see a couple together without a movement towards a marriage. A womans reputation is everything in that part of the world. Her parents would not have tolerated dating for two to three years, prince or no prince!

Veram98 11-22-2005 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryshawn
KH himself drove Abdullah to Rania's parents' home so Abdullah could propose. With KH and her family looking on, she accepted--and the rest, as they say, is history.

It was KH who made the proposal to the Yasin family asking for Rania’s hand for marriage with his son – just following Arabic customs and traditions (he did the same for P. Faisal, KA accompanied P. Ali to the Brahimis …).

And this was certainly not a surprise for the Yasins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryshawn
I still wonder how Rania's parents felt when they opened the door and found the King standing there, asking to come in........It's not a sight you see on your doorstep everyday!!!

Joumana 06-22-2006 02:24 AM

Princess Salma bint Abdullah has the nose of her mother Queen Rania.

salwa 06-22-2006 02:48 AM

She'll be a beauty then :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joumana
Princess Salma bint Abdullah has the nose of her mother Queen Rania.

araivakadua 06-22-2006 03:42 AM

it is the beauty that is with in that counts the most

salwa 06-22-2006 04:58 AM

True .....But we are talking about physical resemblence here :p

Sometimes you can combine both :D

A beautiful mind is certainly an asset but it would be more attarctive if were on a shoulder of a beautiful woman ...which is not a rare case as many might think :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by araivakadua

lil Monkey 06-22-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by araivakadua

Yea yea yea, but in QR's interview's the first thing they mention (a beautiful young women who became the Queen of jordan),which means that Beauty does count these days, next to what is within...;)

lil Monkey 06-22-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salwa
True .....But we are talking about physical resemblence here :p

Sometimes you can combine both :D

A beautiful mind is certainly an asset but it would be more attarctive if were on a shoulder of a beautiful woman ...which is not a rare case as many might think :D

True , I agree, this is the case nowadays,

maryshawn 06-25-2006 04:24 PM

I'd like to see photos of Queen Rania as a baby or toddler or young child. They have to exist somewhere.:confused:

azrayy 08-06-2006 09:48 AM

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1106855104
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1106855104
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1106855104

1-pictures from her school's album,in kuwait,when she was 17.
2-A 1987 picture taken from the New English School
3-picture from American university in cairo 1991.

cd_1 08-06-2006 04:50 PM

well...not to be rude or offensive..but i read somewhere that she was often called the prettiest girl on campus in university...judging from that last picture, i don't really think that could be true...

Claudia Lisa Remy 08-06-2006 06:19 PM

Why is that when you see photos of any royals you can find picutres of them as far as their birth pictures. They are everywhere. Even on the king's website they have so many photos of his life. You can even find pictures of their children. On the Queens' web page. You will find no childhood photos of her at all. You can't seem to find any anywhere. I am wondering if she very private or she doesn't like her photos and doesn't want people to see them. Maybe people will compare them to much to the way she looks now. Like they do with so many famous people. Can it be possible Her parents will not allow them to be published. What ever the case may be I can respect that. But it would be nice to seem them .