The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think any of the royals have bad haircuts per say. I also think, once a woman reaches a certain age, its ok to have a trademark look. I LOVE QBea, QEII, QFabiola, and Camilla's hair. I wish Princess Eugeine would find a nice hairstyle.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Princess Royal has terribly dry brittle looking hair. My hair dresser referred to it as crispy shredded wheat! And the color is very flat too. She needs a deep conditioning treatment in the worst way followed up by highlighting/lowlighting and a glaze to give it some depth of color! Where is our very own Beatrixfan? Paging Sam...this thread needs your words of wisdom!

Old 11-12-2009, 03:03 AM
Aristocracy

Yes Scooter where is Beatrixfan!!!!!????? I am an ardent admirer of our very own Forum Sage's effulgent pearls of wisdom!!!! We want Sam...We want Sam!!!!!!

I love your hair dresser's description of the Princess Royal's hair as being like crispy shredded wheat.....I personally thought it was probably a bit like a brillo pad! Poor Anne, it isn't her fault what her hair is like......I guess thinking about it, it always looked pretty thick and unruly even when she was little, perhaps that is why she never seems to have worn it long as a child!!!! Can you imagine being Nanny Waller and trying to brush out the Princess' tangled crow's nest every morning.afternoon and evening.....Yikes....it does not bear contemplating!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:51 AM
Royal Highness

This is an interesting thread! I'm not sure any of the royals have particularly awful hairstyles, but many certainly have memorable styles! The thing is that the older generation of royals have already been through the "experimental" phase of trying different things out before finding a style that is more or less suited to them and that they are comfortable with. Like fashion, hairstyle trends change, but there is nothing worse than looking back over photos throughout the years and seeing the weird styles we have all chosen! As with fashion styles, only one hairstyle really suits a person - how many of the ladies here had big perms in the 1980's/early 1990's and now wear the current fashion of straighter, sleeker hair (possibly with a fringe)? Although the current fashion may look cool and modern, in 10 years time you'll look back and cringe! Whether we like Queen Beatrix's hairstyle or not, it remains unchanging and suits her, so in years to come, there'll be no shock horror of how she looked over the years.
As for the men, I think Prince Charles' hairstyle was always the worst - a very low side parting with the remainder pulled over the rest of the head!
I'm not sure what other style would suit Princess Anne, but I do love it when she has her hair down.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:59 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Sure, how could I forget Princess Anne's hairstyle? I love Anne, but...

Old 11-12-2009, 06:36 AM
Aristocracy

Jack I totally get your point about the more vintage Royals finding a style and sticking (perhaps even clinging) to a prescribed 'comfort zone' of familiarity and tradition....but it doesn't stop one from imagining and daring to hope! With regards to our three Regnant Queens in Europe at the present moment...fair enough, they are all identified with their own distintive styles....QEII and her demi-helmet arrangement with architecturally engineered and crafted curls around the sides and back, Queen Beatrix and her helmet that oddly enough reminds one of those medium long coated breeds of pooches that probably get hair-sprayed to the point of near asphyxiation at Crufts etc and then we have my personal favourite reigning Queen, the wonderful Margrethe II. Ooooh ahhhh (I need a rest from hammering out that very long last sentence....!!!!) that's better, now then where was I?... Ah yes; I still cannot fathom why that scraped back look which Her Majesty of Denmark prefers seems to work, perhaps the severity of that style which can appear villainess-like, stereotypically witchy and frightening on others merely accentuates just how amazingly pretty she remains! Let's face it, QMII is and always was much prettier than either of her fellow Regnal cousins! I can't really see either Beatrix or QEII managing to do the scraped off the face look at the same relative age with quite the same acceptable and pleasing results!!!! Even so, I would love to have seen QMII be a bit more adventurous a la Grace de Monaco, as the former has just the right sort of personality and looks to have been adept at being adventurous!

With regards to the Princess Royal....I must point out as I mentioned earlier, that in the early nineties when she was around sixty Katherine Kent chopped off a great deal of her hair and voila she found a really new and amazingly successful hair style. So there really is no stopping our dear Princess Royal doing likewise as she approaches her own big 60! Hmmmmm...Just another dream I know, as I am sure Princess Anne is quite content with the bouffant demi-beehive quiff a la ( ooops - I meant 'a le because Elivis is a boy.... or maybe it aught to - a l' because it's followed by a vowel - D'oh... bloody French grammar...ooh I don't know!!!!!) Elvis doing a turn as Margaret Hamilton as the Wicked Witch thing, she has made her own! But one may muse and dream!!!!! I do agree that Anne does look lovely and approachable and even concede she can appear gentle with her hair down....but.... longish hair down on a more 'vintage and experienced' woman can be rather tricky to perfect and with her wild shredded wheat textured locks it would be a complete pain to keep tidy during and in between her hectic stream of official engagements too!!!!!! I cannot really visualize the Princess Royal with a bob as an alternative....but there must be other innovative styles out there which she could try!!!!!!

As for Poor Prince Charles and his hair....well what can one can say about such a prolonged recessional matter!!!! Some men don't mind about it whilst others are terribly sensitive! It is a tricky one! Perhaps the POW should adapt his hairstyle to mimic the DOE's at the same stage of recession! I never remember anyone talking about Philip's hair in the old days....but then again he didn't have much hair to notice even then! It's William that I am worried about!!!!! Maybe he should go for a Grade one now!!!!! Terribly butch on some men although it can look a tad thuggish!!!!!!

Perhaps we have decided that a toupe(sorry.,but I can't find the appropriate accent key on my poxy keyboard!) or a wig is preferable these days where the recapturing of youth is a really serious 'cult' akin to statue worshipping of old, along with those increasingly disturbing internet banner things that one gets lambasted with wherever one surfs about getting a flat tummy!!!!!!!!!! Are we all going to turn into tummy worshippers.......I wonder....maybe we, or rather a proportion of our species are already, or soon will be if this zombie-fie-ing rubbish continues to pervade into everything!!!! It's Terrifying!!!!! Sometimes I wonder if I am in the land of Nod or some variation on John Wyndham....a sort of 'Global Village of the Tummy tuckers' instead of the 'Village of the Damned', as I keep seeing these pictures of torsos everywhere.....it is extraordinary! And all those close-up pictures of grimacing Hollywood style teeth too! Gleaming arctic white perfectly straight Gnashers and flat tummies.....am I getting paranoid and suffering from some form of repetitional overload disorder!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Connie, you are quite "wicked" with your humor! I LOVE IT! And quite right on your accounts of the royals mentioned.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Gentry

worst hair

God love her, but QEII has the worst hair! It's so special--now kind of has a blue rinse to it! I believe the poor old dear wears a wig and imagine, like her Mother and her grandmother Queen Mary, that she has thinning hair. It's just so "her" though! I sometimes wonder if she slips out with a modern old lady short hair cut, jeans, sneakers and a (gasp) shoulder bag and goes shopping without anyone knowing who she is!

On same lines, Beatrix of the Netherlands suffers from "Pamela Harriman helmet hair syndrome," but like Elizabeth--it's just "her".

Fun topic
Old 11-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Connie, since first "discovering" you on the worst Jewel thread, (I think?) I have followed you and your hysterical writing. Every time I see your name I am assured of a good laugh! (Also, words that I only come across once or twice.) lol
Welcome and keep up with your witty posts.... Please. :)
Old 11-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Aristocracy

Udyusa you are a love...thank you!

Hopewell you are naughty.....the scandalous thought that QEII wears a wig.....Ooooh the temerity of it! Personally I don't give a fig if QEII does wear a wig.....all the more reason to get a new and differently styled one if that be the case!!!!! But, I have witnessed some monumental cat fights, handbags at dawn type verbal duels and hissy fits being thrown elsewhere on the internet when just such a suggestion has been mooted by the 'Brave.' It's as though some QEII worshippers have a dose of Wigphobia and just can't accept that there may even be the slightest possibility that QEII might wear a wig! I suppose it is also rather dangerous ground as it is mere speculation and until (God forbid) the News of the World or the ghastly Dail Mail managed to infiltrate the Palace again with a journalist posing as a maid or dresser armed with a hidden camera who could get evidence of a wig stand on the Queen's dressing table, I side on caution!!!

Princess Gertrude - Bless you it is always nice to know others share ones sentiments!
Old 11-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Aristocracy

I have a lovely picture link of Anne with her hair down....she looks absolutely lovely.....

A really Good hair day:-

http://www.fashion-era.com/images/So...ory/annsat.jpg

Her hair looks wonderful in the picture, fine, glossy and in good condition!

and here we have a not so good hair day for the dear Princess Royal:-

http://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk/i...incessanne.jpg

What has happened to the condition of her hair over the last thirty years!!!!! it amazes and confounds me how her hair has come to like a huge brillo pad in texture!

'I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.'
Old 11-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Anne does look stunning in the first pic, but don't forget she was much younger back then. I'm not sure if long straight hair suits her now that she's older. JMHO
Old 11-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie Cutmantle View Post
I have a lovely picture link of Anne with her hair down....she looks absolutely lovely.....

A really Good hair day:-

http://www.fashion-era.com/images/So...ory/annsat.jpg

Her hair looks wonderful in the picture, fine, glossy and in good condition!

and here we have a not so good hair day for the dear Princess Royal:-

http://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk/i...incessanne.jpg

What has happened to the condition of her hair over the last thirty years!!!!! it amazes and confounds me how her hair has come to like a huge brillo pad in texture!
Yes, brillo pad is quite a good comparison. You would think that with a track record of 1 good hair day out of 30 years of hair days, she'd get a conditioning treatment! God bless her, she has got a "kick'in" body, but most days I just can't get past the hair.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Mary and Letizia made the mistake of cutting their hair short a few years ago.They look so much more beautiful with long hair.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

Sadly Princess Maxima receives my vote for the worst royal hair. I suspect that it has always been thin, but after 3 children it really has taken a turn for the worse. I wish that she'd stop bleaching her hair and return to her natural brown with some highlights. Perhaps a shorter style would work for her.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Agreed, imo Princess Anne has pretty awful hair.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm with you, Patra. Anne's hair is just a disaster!!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I was thread-surfing and just discovered this site. I'm loving all the critiques of the stultified royal hairdos. Next to Beatrix, my vote for worst hairstyle has got to be Princess Anne also; not only is it dated and matronly but the hair is just waaay too dark for her complexion. She needs a cut and highlights, but then would we recognize her? Another royal whose hair I dislike is Mette-Marit's. I think it's too overprocessed and lank, although there are times when she steps up to the occasion and styles it nicely.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I am happy that you found us, Baroness. I am certain that we would recognize Anne as she would be dressed in her dated and old outfits! First off, she needs deep conditioning to rid her of the dry,kinky look. Anything else would be a bonus.. but such a nice one. :)
Old 01-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Commoner

Worst hair women: Camilla & Anne (tie) Although Anne used to have beautiful hair when she was young in the late 60's/early 70's. But what's the point of having long hair if you're just going to wear it up all the time? Anne's hair is also dyed (it must be totally grey by now) but it's dyed a plain dark brown. A lighter brown or blonde would be so much better.

As for Camilla, her hair was always terrible. I feel like asking her "May I do your hair for you?"

Worst hair men: William & Edward (tie) There's no shame in toupees guys.