The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2006, 07:07 AM
Courtier

Look at her other hairdo (I just found this picture) http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/t...uby-choker.htm It remind me hair style in Mardigrass festival or hairstyle of moulin rouge cabarette actress.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Just found another Gloria's punk hairstyle picture http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1100389695

Old 09-03-2006, 03:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Beatrix has awful hair. What I wouldn't give to see her with hair that is flat and not teased/sprayed to within an inch of its life.

I'd also like to see Princess Madeleine with darker hair. She's so tan anyway, that when she goes uber-blonde, I don't like it. I'm not saying dye her hair black, but maybe a light to medium brown. Something a shade or two lighter than her sister's hair.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-03-2006, 03:11 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
THAT'S hilarious!!!!
You are so right. That was a hilarious photo. Thankfully, it was not real.

Thank you, galuhcandrakirana, for this photo. All I have to say about it is "Wow".

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1106865471
Old 09-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Commoner

that photo of her is immaculate! she looks very pretty there!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Well, I don't think that Queen Beatrix hair is awful.
The helmet is indeed not a hairstyle I would ever chose in my life, but it became a kind of "trademark" for her. You realize directly that it's her, when you just see her hair .
The same goes for Queen Margrethe II and Queen Sofia. They also have this never-changing hairstyles.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
The helmet is indeed not a hairstyle I would ever chose in my life, but it became a kind of "trademark" for her. You realize directly that it's her, when you just see her hair .
The same goes for Queen Margrethe II and Queen Sofia. They also have this never-changing hairstyles.
O, that is very true. It's very distinctive. They all have distinctive hairstyles. It's their trademark as you say.

"that photo of her is immaculate! she looks very pretty there!"

Spot on, nutmegger!
Old 09-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Majesty

Has there been any more recent cases of "Hairdos from Hell"? Please tread softly. No doubt some photos could give people heart attacks!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Aristocracy

slight changes in Queen Elizabeth's hair until mid-60s

Looking at Queen Elizabeth's hair in old photos it has been shorter at times, longer at times and with a side part or sweep at times.
picmajik/forums - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Compare her 40s photos, wedding photo, coronation photo/first opening of Parliament and photo with infant Prince Andrew. Early 60's has a short bouffant style instead of the pincurled style but by the mid-60's and 1970 she'd settled into the style she still uses today.
I just marvel that she does her own hair most of the time but she would know best how to handle the curls. It does appear to be naturally curly/wavy based on childhood and young adult photos.
I do love the brilliant white it has become, not yellowed. I wish mine would turn white instead of the grey it's threatening. Of course that's natural blonde (NOT!)

I have also seen beautiful early 70s photos of Anne's hair. If she wore it long and pulled back slightly on the sides as she did then without the teasing/backcombing/bun it would be flattering. I would love to see her in a layered cut for a change, the layers left long enough to pull back for riding if needed but easy to style otherwise.

"Helmet hair" is not unique to royals--plenty of folks still do that here. Usually it means hair that is teased or backcombed to within an inch of its life and arranged to resemble a football helmet protecting the head, similar to "Big Hair" that Southerners are usually accused of (but not as common as it used to be). Viva Aqua Net!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Serene Highness

I don't have any pictures to post but I don't anyone has a worse hair style then Princess Anne. I wish she would update her style.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Sometimes I get the feeling Princess Máxima forgets to comb her hair before she leaves home:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2008/PPE08060301.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2008/08040409.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2008/PPE08052808.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2008/08043039.jpg

Old 06-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It has to be Queen Beatrix. And her awful blue eyeshadow. She really needs an update.

About Queen Elizabeth II. I thought she turned very dowdy after the Investiture, despite the fact that she was still a lovely lady. It turns out that her hair was done in almost the exact style favored by her long-time dresser, Bobo McDonald (who also picked out her clothes). And the Queen and Bobo used the same hairdresser.

The Queen's style is so much more elegant and expressive these days. I think she was rather liberated by the loss of Bobo and the Queen Mother in that I think she dressed to please them (rather than picking out the styles that were most becoming to her).
Old 11-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree that the hair of Queen Beatrix is a trademark. But I always wished Queen Sofia would change her hair a bit, I think she could look better...
Old 11-08-2009, 12:54 AM
Nobility

It's the same old - same old that I find boring. I don't think any royals have bad hair cuts or hair dos but they do tend to become boring. Here's my humble opinion, not that anyone's interested.

Crown Princess Mary's hair seems to have been the same dark brown since she married. She could use a few foils or streaks to break it up once in a while.

Princess Diana had the same basic look for many years but when Harry was young she grew it a little longer and it was very nice..but then she cut it the same basic way again.

QEII is extremely overdue for a make over - with her money I can't believe she hasn't had one! I don't remember her ever experimenting with blonde in her life.

Now I come to think of it, I'm hard pressed to think of a princess who changes her hair much at all.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn't want Beatrice changing her hair at all. I think it's beautiful on it's own.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

I believe Camilla, the DoC, has one of the ugliest haircuts. And she keeps her hair like this for years...Queen Beatrix's hair looks awful as well, but at least, funny. he he
Old 11-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess I've just gotten used to Queen Bea, her hair, her clothes, her hats, etc. They seem part of her royal identity, and I am accepting of that. Maxima's hair just seems undernourished, I say that because she had the BEST hair during her pregnancies.

I'd love to see what Camilla would look like with different hair----how about you photo shop guru's giving her a bun hairstyle for us to look at?!!
Old 11-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

No way, Patra! I can only imagine Camilla with long straight hair, just like Rania's or Letizia's
Old 11-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
It's the same old - same old that I find boring. I don't think any royals have bad hair cuts or hair dos but they do tend to become boring. Here's my humble opinion, not that anyone's interested.

Crown Princess Mary's hair seems to have been the same dark brown since she married. She could use a few foils or streaks to break it up once in a while.
Snipped
Mary has a different hair color almost every time you see her. She has gone from almost black to an almost redhead just since I have been reading the forum. She has also had many different style from chin length, to longer layers, to one length. She has even had highlights.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

I used to feel that Katherine Kent's hairstyle was really rather boring and uninspired during the 80s when she seemed to wear it up all the time and then suddenly in the early nineties she had that dramatic makeover and went all 'glamorous-granny' - a la Honor Blackman. The change was very dramatic. The hair style change may have occurred around the time the Duchess began teaching music to children and may have been a subconscious or deliberate manifestation of the Duchess' move to claim a slice of independence beyond the 'Firm.'

The Princess Royal's hair style drives me mad! Her hair does look a bit on the wild and tempestuous side but 'that' bun Anne wears is Boring with a HUGE B!!!! I guess Princess Anne being horsey and outdoorsy and rather down to earth may not feel inclined to make any more than the basic effort with her hair than absolutely necessary...hence the same old for so long!!! Going by her wardrobe choices I hardly think the Princess Royal has that much interest in clothes, hair and nails passe!!! She would probably spend more time brushing the manes and tails and in the general grooming of her beloved horses then she would ever contemplate spending on her own hair and appearance!!! What Anne needs is a very brave hairdresser to coax her into making a change...

It would be amazing to see Queen Beatrix take the plunge too and do something with her hair. QEII likewise.....boring same old for an absolute age.......in QEII's case I think the way Balmoral is literally cast in aspic and remains almost unchanged down to the placement of settees and tables since EVII's time, goes some way to demonstrate just how set in her ways and attached to traditions and 'same old' QEII is! Can't say I know if Queen Beatrix is the same....but going by her lavish and consistent use of setting lotion and hair spray over the past four decades I would hazard that HM of the Netherlands will probably not be contemplating taking the plunge and making 'that' change any time soon!

Going back to QEII I have been wondering....did Cookie ever change her 1920s hairstyle? I always thought even into the 21st century she still had that same style! Imagine eighty odd years of doing the same hair-do every morning! Talk about die hard traditionalist!!!! If so, I see little hope of ever seeing any dramatic alterations in the coiffure preferred by her surviving daughter! It's amazing though when one remembers all those lovely different styles dear old Margo tried before settling into her recognizable signature style in the late seventies!